NAJD : Please Help Me!

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Assalamualykum Brothers & sister,

one of my friend has sent me these videos & they do really makes me mad. Is the hadith really points to Ibn Wahab(Rahimullah)?
I din't mean to hurt anyone or to criticize please do forgive me if anyone is hurt.Please do help me.
:wasalam:

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

Brother these people use hadeeths when they want and don't use when it goes against their desires. They have problem accepting Hadeeths when it goes against their Madhab but yet when it comes to this they are open to accepting any hadeeth.

The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said,

"O Allaah bestow your blessings on our Shaam. O Allaah bestow your blessings on our Yemen." The people said, "O Messenger of Allaah, and our Najd." I think the third time the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said, "There (in Najd) will occur earthquakes, trials and tribulations, and from their appears the Horn of Satan."

Reported in al-Bukhaaree [Book of Trials, Chpt. 'The afflictions will come from the East' 9/166 no. 214 Eng. Trans]

A hadeeth which has some controversy surrounding it due to obvious sectarian reasons. A hadeeth which has been (deliberately) misunderstood by certain groups of people in order that they may spread their misguidance and deceive ignorant Muslims.

This because upon research and investigation and looking to the words of our early scholars we find that this hadeeth does not refer to the Najd that is famously known in Saudi today, but rather it refers to Iraaq.

About two years ago I read a book entirely devoted to this hadeeth entitled, "an-Najd Qarnu ash-Shaytaan" [I cannot remember the author as I do not have the book on me anymore.] I will quote in general from what I remember from this book, and refrain from mentioning precise quotes except from those references that I have on me.

Amongst the scholars that are mentioned who referred this hadeeth to Iraaq were: al-Khattaabee, al-Kirmaanee, al-Aynee, an-Nawawee, ibn Hajr and others. The reasons behind this are numerous and clear:

The Generality of the Hadeeth Pertaining to the Fitna Coming from the East.
Al-Bukhaaree includes this hadeeth in the chapter: "The affliction will appear from the East"

212) From the father of Saalim: The Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, stood up besides the pulpit (and pointed towards the east) and said: "Afflictions are there! Afflictions are there! From where appears the horn of Satan" or he said, "the horn of the Sun"

213) From ibn Umar that he said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alyahi wa sallam, saying while facing the east: "Indeed Afflictions are there, from where appears the Horn of Satan."

214) The hadeeth of Najd under discussion.

Similar hadeeth can be found in Saheeh Muslim (volume 4 no.'s. 6938+). Hadeeth that give the same meaning can be found in Saheeh Muslim (volume 1 no.'s 83+)

That the Generality of the Early Trials and Tribulations arose from the East, many of them actually in Iraaq itself.
Ibn Hajr al-Asqalaanee said after quoting the words of al-Khattaabee explaining the meaning of Qarn (horn), "and others have said that the People of the East were disbelievers at that time and the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, informed us that the trials and tribulations would arise from that direction and it was as he said. And the first of the trials that arose, arose from the direction of the east and they were the reason for the splitting of the Muslim ranks, and this is what Satan loves and delights in. Likewise the innovations appeared from that direction." [Fath al-Baaree 13/58 in commentary to the hadeeth of Najd]

Amongst the trials that arose in Iraaq and the east was the martyrdom of Alee, the martyrdom of the grandson of the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, the first battle between the Muslims occurred in Iraaq, and many more.

Imaam Nawawee mentions that one of the greatest trials to appear from the East will be the appearance of the Dajjaal. [Sharh Saheeh Muslim 2/29]

From the innovations that appeared in the east and specifically Iraaq, was many of the early deviant sects amongst them the Qadariyyah (as the first hadeeth in Muslim shows), the Jahmiyyah and their offshoots etc...

That at the time of the Prophet, sallaahu alayhis wa sallaam, there were 13 places known as Najd [according to 'Najd Qarnu ash-Shaytaan'] depending on where one was. This because Najd linguistically means a raised/elevated land. Therefore the Arabs referred to lands that were elevated with respect to them as Najd. One of the most commonly referred to areas at that time as Najd was Iraaq.

The Najd for those people living in Madeenah in the direction of the East would be Iraaq.
Ibn Hajr said: "al-Khattaabee said: 'the najd in the direction of the east, and for the one who is in Madeenah then his Najd would be the desert of Iraaq and it's regions [baadiya al-Iraaq wa Nawaaheehaa] for this is to the east of the People of Madeenah. The basic meaning of Najd is that which is raised/elevated from the earth in contravention to al-Gawr for that is what is lower than it. Tihaamah [the coastal plain along the south-western and southern shores of the Arabian Peninsula] is entirely al-Gawr and Mecca is in Tihaamah.'"

Ibn Hajr continues, "by this [saying of al-Khattaabee] the weakness of the saying of ad-Daawodee is understood that 'Najd is in the direction of Iraaq' [min Naahiya al-Iraaq] for he suggests that Najd is a specific place. This is not the case, rather everything that is elevated with respect to what adjoins it is called Najd and the lower area called Gawr." [Fath al-Baaree 13/58-59]

Al-Mubaarakfooree endorses these words in his commentary to Sunan at-Tirmidhee (10/314 no.4212)

The Hadeeth in Saheeh Muslim [4/1505 no.6943]
Saalim bin Abdullaah bin Umar said: O people of Iraaq, how strange is it that you ask about the minor sins but commit the major sins? [The killing of al-Husayn] I heard my father, Abdullaah bin Umar narrating that he heard the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, saying while pointing his hand to the east: "Indeed the turmoil would come from this side, from where appear the horns of Satan and you would strike the necks of one another..."

The Variations in Wording of the Hadeeth of Najd that Leave no Doubt Whatsoever as to what it refers to.
The hadeeth of ibn Umar Reported by Abu Nu'aym in al-Hilya (6/133), "O Allaah bestow your blessings on our Madeenah, and bestow your blessings on our Mecca, and bestow your blessings on our Shaam, and bestow your blessings on our Yemen, and bestow your blessings in our measuring (fee saa'inaa wa muddinaa)." A person said, " O Messenger of Allaah and in our Iraaq" and so he turned away from him and said, "there will occur earthquakes, trials and tribulations and there will appear the horn of Satan."

Shu'ayb al-Arna'ut declares it's isnaad to be saheeh as in his footnotes to 'Sharh as-Sunnah' (14/206-207 fn. 2) and he too endorses the words of al-Khattaabee quoted above.

The hadeeth of ibn Umar reported in at-Tabaraanee in 'al-Awsat' that the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam prayed Fajr and then faced the people and said, "O Allaah bestow your blessings on our Madeenah, O Allaah bestow your blessings in our measuring, O Allaah bestow your blessings in our Shaam and our Yemen." A person said, "And Iraaq O Messenger of Allaah?" He said, "from there arises the horn of Satan and the trials and tribulations would come like mounting waves."

Ibn Hajr al-Haythamee says in his 'Mujma az-Zawaa'id' (3/305 - chapter 'collection of du'aas made for (Madeenah)'): 'its narrators are trustworthy and precise.'

[This hadeeth could possibly considered to be the same as b) above, but I have included it separately due to the slight difference in wording. Allaah knows best.]

The hadeeth of ibn Abbaas reported by at-Tabaraanee in 'al-Kabeer' that the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, supplicated and said, "O Allaah bestow your blessings on our Shaam and Yemen." A person from amongst the people said, "O Prophet of Allaah and Iraaq?" He said, "indeed there is the Horn of Satan, and the trials and tribulations will come like mounting waves, and indeed harshness/coarseness is in the east."

Al-Haythamee says: "it's narrators are trustworthy and precise." (ibid.)

The Virtues of Bani Tameem Bani Tameem constitute the majority of the inhabitants of the Najd that is in Saudi Arabia.

The hadeeth of Saheeh Bukhaaree reported by Abu Hurayra (RA): "I have loved the people of the tribe of Bani Tameem, ever since I heard three things the Messenger of Allaah , sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said about them. I heard him saying, 'these people (of the tribe of Bani Tameem) would stand firm against the Dajjaal.' When the Saddaqat from that tribe came, the Messenger of Allaah , sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said, "these are the Saddaqat (charitable gifts) of our folk." Aa'ishah had a slave girl from that tribe, and the Prophet , sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said to Aa'ishah, 'manumit her as she is a descendant of Ismaa'eel, alayhis salaam.'"

[Hadeeth no. 2543, 4366 of al-Fath] Ibn Hajr al-Asqalaanee said, "this hadeeth also contains a clear mention of the excellence and superiority of Bani Tameem." [Fath 5/217]

The hadeeth of Ikrimah from one of the Companions reported in the Musnad of Imaam Ahmad and in it occurs, "do not say of Bani Tameem anything but good, for indeed they are the severest of people in attacking the Dajjaal."

Al-Haythamee says: "its narrators are those of the Saheeh." [Mujma 10/48 chpt: What is reported concerning Bani Tameem]

It is not strange that Bani Tameem would be the most severe against the Dajjaal, because the tools required to combat him are none but a correct and firm belief and proper beneficial knowledge. Alhumdolillaah many of the scholars of Saudi are from the most noble and skilled scholars on the face of this earth today, firmly upon the way of our noble Messenger, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam.

This is what Allaah has allowed me to very quickly put together. And our Lord Most High Knows best.

http://islaam.net/main/display.php?id=161&category=106

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

I also once got entangled from a similar article,

Tablighi Jamaat and Wahabis in light of Ahadees
Regards.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum

The najd that is in the hadith refers to area around Iraq.

The area in Arabia, around Riyadh is in modern times referred to as Najd.

I would ignore anything which throws around labels such as "Wahabi" . Lets look at the core of our Deen which is what the Quran and Authentic Hadith say, - what the Salaf Salih said and to follow that. Easy. - Apart from ARabia itself, there were many virtuous and famous scholars in India, Africa, and the Northern parts of the Middle East. Each of these scholars stood for the Quran and Sunnah and helped Islam. - In fact, it was the strong Muslims of India who helped publish Kitab Tawheed and sent it to Arabia to help the Muslims there.

masihuddin

It is a georaphical fact that the Country to the east of Madinah is Najd and not Iraq which is to the north-east of Madinah .The origin of Wahabi fitna is also Najd which was an attepmt to veer away the Muslims from the prophet as was the Quadiani fitna in the
Indian subcontinent Many scholars believe that this was a conspiracy of the British It failed because the vast majoriy of the Muslims in South Asia,EUrope including Turkey and Far East continued their devotion and love of the Holy Prophet SAWAS

sachin4islam

Assalamu alaykum

The najd that is in the hadith refers to area around Iraq.

The area in Arabia, around Riyadh is in modern times referred to as Najd.

I would ignore anything which throws around labels such as "Wahabi" . Lets look at the core of our Deen which is what the Quran and Authentic Hadith say, - what the Salaf Salih said and to follow that. Easy. - Apart from ARabia itself, there were many virtuous and famous scholars in India, Africa, and the Northern parts of the Middle East. Each of these scholars stood for the Quran and Sunnah and helped Islam. - In fact, it was the strong Muslims of India who helped publish Kitab Tawheed and sent it to Arabia to help the Muslims there.

Assalamu Alaikum: Dear Br.

I am also a follower of Pure Tawheed which is extraction of Quran and authentic Hadiths.

I have thrown away my parental faith not to be included as followers of innovators in Deen of Allah.

Regards.

sachin4islam

It is a georaphical fact that the Country to the east of Madinah is Najd and not Iraq which is to the north-east of Madinah .The origin of Wahabi fitna is also Najd which was an attepmt to veer away the Muslims from the prophet as was the Quadiani fitna in the
Indian subcontinent Many scholars believe that this was a conspiracy of the British It failed because the vast majoriy of the Muslims in South Asia,EUrope including Turkey and Far East continued their devotion and love of the Holy Prophet SAWAS

Assalamu Alaikum:

So called Islam in Sub-Continent= Mixture of beliefs from Hinduism+ Some excerpts from Islam.

Regards.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh brother Sachin4Islam

May Allah bless you and may He guide us to the right way.

amin.

Masihuddin, I would ask you take some geography lessons and learn about the Middle East from proper scholars. Your ideas go against the explanations from some of the leading scholars of the past such as Ibn Hajr al Askalani - who wrote the famous explanation to Sahih bukhari. It also seems you have have some incorrect assumptions about Islam.

Dear brother, as Muslims we should be sincere in our search for guidance and to be upon the right path, please Read the following. Jazak Allahu khayr

The "Wahhabis"!?

Muhammad Ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhaab: A Clarification of Doubts Concerning his life

masihuddin

I have only one question to ask of my friends who follow the teachings of Ibne Abdul Wahab classified as Wahabies by Muslims .Is it pure Tawheed to show disrespect to
the Holy Prophet ?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
I have only one question to ask of my friends who follow the teachings of Ibne Abdul Wahab classified as Wahabies by Muslims .Is it pure Tawheed to show disrespect to
the Holy Prophet ?

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Respected brother please read the links of brothers and sisters who posted articles about Mohammed Ibn Abdul Wahab( Raheemehullah) and truth about this Schoolar of Islaam and Allah knows the best.

I do not think it is from Islaam that we call others as folowers of one man Astagfirullah, because we are Muslims and we are followers of Islaam only and our Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam.And duty of Schoolars of Islaam is only to teach others about our deen Alhamdulillah from Quran and Sunnah, but it is never to make us followers of one man Astagfirullah, when we are followers of Deen Islaam.

Inshallah you can read more about this Schoolar of Islaam on following links. May Allah guide us all to the right path.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/36616

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10867

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/12932

:wasalam:

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Dear brother Masihuddin,why was there a need of another Prophet just few centuries after advent of Isa (Pbuh)?. The reason being that Ummat of Isa (pbuh) soon abolished the principle of Tawheed and raised Isa (pbuh) to a status of God.

And now what is going on in Sub-Continent,the deviants want us (Salafis-mind it,Salafi is not a sectarian identity) to reward a status of equivalence of Allah (SWT) to Muhammad (SAW). Once a Barelvi brother from my city said that we address to Muhammad (SAW) with a better language (Aap) than to Allah (SWT) ( ex, Ya Allah Tu Raham kar).

May Allah (SWT) forgive and forbid,had true Islam been portrayed to me as what Barlvi and Devbandi brothers practice,I would have never accepted Islam and better would have stayed in Hinduism. It is mercy of Allah (SWT) that He directed me to absolute truth.

Regards.

May Allah forgive but deviants are trying nothing but to amalgamate Christianity into Islam.

masihuddin

Nobody can elevate the Holy Prophet S.A.W.A.S to the status of his Creator Allah S.W.T. He is His servant and mesenger but we believe that after Allah SWT he is the most revered personality.

sachin4islam

Nobody can elevate the Holy Prophet S.A.W.A.S to the status of his Creator Allah S.W.T. He is His servant and mesenger but we believe that after Allah SWT he is the most revered personality.

Assalamu Alaikum: Br.

I accept what you wrote from depth of my heart.

Regards.

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Once a Barelvi brother from my city said that we address to Muhammad (SAW) with a better language (Aap) than to Allah (SWT) ( ex, Ya Allah Tu Raham kar).

Regards.

May Allah forgive but deviants are trying nothing but to amalgamate Christianity into Islam.

???? I really din't get this bro? AAP means you & also TU means you, We always say Aap whenever we address Prophet.
The word AAP is used for elders/respected/honoured people.

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikum:
NOTE: NAJD IS THE CENTRAL EASTERN PART OF ARABIA LYING EXACTLY TO THE EAST OF MEDINA, PRESENTLY CALLED AS RIYADH HAIL , BURRAYDAH THE CAPITAL OF HYPOCRITES WAHHABIS AND SALAFIS ,THE BIRTHPLACE OF THE GREAT DEVILS AND FITNAH IBN ABDUL WAHHAB AND THE PRESENT WAHHABI SALAFI SAUD DYNASTY
Regards.

Walaikkum Assalam wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Akhi, Please read the message you took from FB, before you post it. May Allah have mercy on Muhammad ibn 'Abd al-Wahhab (Rahimullah) and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Salem9022

Ibn Fudail reported on the authority of his father that he heard Salim b. 'Abdullah b. 'Umar as saying: O people of iraq, how strange it is that you ask about the minor sins but commit major sins? I heard from my father 'Abdullah b. 'Umar, narrating that he heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying while pointing his hand towards the east: Verily. the turmoil would come from this side, from where appear the horns of Satan and you would strike the necks of one another; and Moses killed a person from among the people of Pharaoh unintentionally and Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said:" You killed a person but We relieved you from the grief and tried you with (many a) trial" (xx. 40). Ahmad b. Umar reported this hadith from Salim, but he did not make a mention of the words:" I heard". (Book #041, Hadith #6943)

http://www.searchtruth.com/searchHa...k=&start=0&records_display=10&search_word=all

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrated Yusair bin 'Amr: I asked Sahl bin Hunaif, "Did you hear the Prophet saying anything about Al-Khawarij?" He said, "I heard him saying while pointing his hand towards iraq. "There will appear in it (i.e, iraq) some people who will recite the Quran but it will not go beyond their throats, and they will go out from (leave) Islam as an arrow darts through the game's body.' " (Book #84, Hadith #68)

http://www.searchtruth.com/searchHa...k=&start=0&records_display=10&search_word=all

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: (The Prophet) said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and our Yemen." People said, "Our NAJD as well." The Prophet again said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and Yemen." They said again, "Our NAJD as well." On that the Prophet said, "There will appear earthquakes and afflictions, and from there will come out the side of the head of Satan." (Book #17, Hadith #147)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: The Prophet said, "O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen." The People said, "And also on our NAJD." He said, "O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham (north)! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen." The people said, "O Allah's Apostle! And also on our NAJD." I think the third time the Prophet said, "There (in NAJD) is the place of earthquakes and afflictions and from there comes out the side of the head of Satan." (Book #88, Hadith #214)

http://www.searchtruth.com/searchHa...1&search_word=all&start=30&records_display=10

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clearly from the Hadiths we have with us which I Posted Directly from the Hadith Search we can conclude that Najd is in Fact the Iraqi Desert.

As for this fool searchin4Islam. May Allah guide you or break your Back Allahuma Ameen. Mods should not tolerate this sort of behavior. They should ban these fools who come just to vent their anger without contributing anything usefull.

I

IslamIsSimple

sachin4islam , the hadeeths specifically mention Iraq, but it seems like you choose to ignore them and interpret as you wish. If you drew a line between Madinah and south of Iraq, where Karbala is (where Al Hussain was killed by Shias), then it would become clear.

But it seems you choose to ignore the hadeeths, and the opinions of scholars, and the fact that it has always been an area of the greatest fitnah in Islamic history, all to speak against a man who called to leave superstitions and go back to pure Islam and authentic Sunnah and to reject graveworship, and blind following of men - traits both Sufis and Shias share.

Im afraid its the following type of people that are against the pure way of the salaf

Top Sufi sheikh claiming hes no longer accountable to Allah (one who really hates the way of the salaf). He also told claimed to phone call the prophet! The Sufi Al Jifri, kissed this mans hand and asked for him to give him an ijaza!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJWGZAoymzA

Sufi followers eating the feces of their sheikh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOgV6HqquWA

Why would Sufi sheikhs be for following the Sunnah when they have followers to actually prostrate and make Sujood to them? (And probably leave them money at shrines they worship)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ONsEUg5IEE

So of course they are against Sheikh and Imam Muhammad Bin Abdulwahab rahimahu Allah. He was against these superstitions and they were losing control of people, and losing money. Taking the authority of these men making the Qur'aan and Sunnah the only final authorities.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Brother, I think you are not addressing me. However I like to add my comment. We can't take literal meaning of Quranic verses and verses from Hadeeth. Since we all are not scholars, we rely heavily on scholars opinion. Of course, it will make sense if we can prove geographically but you will agree the actual interpretation only known by Allah and the Prophet.