Islam Commands us to have: Knowledge, Good Manners, Fairness, Friendly Disposition!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullah,

I am writing this thread, due to some issues that crop up now and again on the website and also, what we might see in other places. Plus there was a thread by someone about some of these issues. I thought it better make new thread rather than continue in the other one.

So, inshaAllah, I hope this can address those issues as well as why we have certain rules in place on our website to stop people writing angry, emotional posts against various countries or people.

The Most important thing, is to always talk about Islam from knowledge. That is to know the true Islamic Aqeedah. To know our Lord, Allah properly, to Worship Him properly and to be upon the true guidance of the Quran and Sunnah.

We must stick to the Manhaj (methodology) of the Salaf Salih, the Pious predecessors.

We must call to Islam in the most beautiful and best of ways.

Allah (the Most High) said in the Qur'an:

"Say (O Muhammad SAW): "This is my way; I invite unto Allâh (i.e. to the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism) with sure knowledge, I and whosoever follows me (also must invite others to Allâh i.e to the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism) with sure knowledge. And Glorified and Exalted be Allâh (above all that they associate as partners with Him). And I am not of the Mushrikûn (polytheists, pagans, idolaters and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh; those who worship others along with Allâh or set up rivals or partners to Allâh)." (Yusuf 12:108)

No matter their race, their colour, their ethnicity, their religion, their gender. If someone wishes to learn about Islam, according to the teachings of the Quran and the Sunnah, then they are welcome.

Islam is very simple and easy. It is just Quran and the Sunnah and we take our understanding of it, from the understanding of the early Muslims (such as the first 3 generation of Muslims).

My dear brothers and sisters, there is much evidence in Way of how we should behave, both with Muslims and with non-Muslims.

Even, when Muslims are in battle and against their enemies, they have a great ethic of ettiquette and chivalry. We, the Muslims were the Ones who introduced these societal ideas into the Western psyche, who now look back at "chivalry" as Medieval European romanticism! In reality, it was the Muslims who were holding onto the Quran and Sunnah and who treated people fairly, that gave influence to this..

This, can be historically seen from the time of our Prophet :saw: and his fair treatment of those he lived, worked alongside, and even those who had fought against him in battle. After the Prophet :saw: death, his Companions had lived and gave da'wah to the non-Muslims in an amicable manner.

They had spread far and wide, travelling, North, South, East and West. They taught Islam and interacted with different people in good ways.

Prime example, is the two companions who boarded a ship and headed East on the seas, the Ship landed at a port called "Deebal" near Karachi in modern day Pakistan. The Sahabi by the name of Mughirah ibn Abil Aas al-Thaqafi (radhiyallahu anhu) disembarked at that port, he was the first Companion of the Prophet :saw: to set foot at that place. He gave Da'wah there. The Da'wah of Tawheed (Calling to the Oneness of Allah ), and with the great manner that the Prophet :saw: had instilled in him and all the Companions!

His brother, was al Hakm ibn Abil Aas al Thaqafi (Radhiyallahu anhu), remained on the Ship to continue to his final destination, which was Bombay in India, where he landed and commenced his mission of giving da'wah (inviting people to Islam) to the people in that area.

These were the origins of Islam in the Indian subcontinent. Allahu Akbar! Allah is the Greatest.

So, by the blessings of Allah(the most high) and his Mercy upon the people, a generation of people emerged that would be the best of generations, the best of people ever to see the light of day on this earth. They were the Companions of the Prophet :saw:.

Let us take them all as our example! Amin inshaAllah.

Good and bad people can be found in all places. We need to be aware of what we write, say and the actions we take. We are all responsible for our actions!

Politics, is something that we need to discuss and get through using Islam. Which calls for sensible, thought out way that is in accordance to the teachings of Islam.

It is not good for someone to lose their temper and write irrelevant, ill-thought out rants about America / "Israel" or any other nation.

Yes, some countries, such as "Israel", are indeed evil. For it is a racist, apartheid regime which demolishes innocent people's homes and carries out various abhorrent acts of genocide against Muslims.

The United States, has a foreign policy which results in the deaths and oppression of 100,000s of people, both in the past and in the present.

As do many other countries. The following link contains a brief over view of the State terrorism that is perpetrated against Muslims across the world :-

Why Angry Protests? Islam Does Not Condone Violence and Calls for Patience!

In the latter article, I had purposefully used only legitimate links from sources which are seen by many people to be "unbiased". For example, human rights organisations such as HRW, Amnesty etc.

A lot of people who use our website, do not know of the goings on in Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya etc

There are indeed, a lot of bad things happening to Muslims, and through history Muslims were persecuted, as they were at the time of our beloved Prophet Muhammad :saw:. But, the way to deal with it, is always ONE.

“Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil) but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere.” ( Quran 2:155)

Abu Hurairah (Radhiyallahu Anhu) narrated that the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said, “A Muslim male or female, remains subject to trials (in this world); in respect of self, children and property till he or she faces Allah the Exalted (on the Day of Judgment) in a state in which all his or her sins have been remitted.” (Tirmidhi 49)

We need have Sabr, no use going out calling names, saying angry remarks, doing silly protests, burning flags, jumping up and down on pictures or whatever else the ignorant and weak Muslims today do, (infact, a lot of it is, from the imitation of the disbelievers!)

None of that is going to lead people to success. Only having Sabr, doing things in the correct way, which is always when we go back to see how Allah and His Prophet :saw: had commanded us to alleviate our problems.

With regards speaking with Wisdom, Kindness, Allah (Subhana wa ta'ala) Also said in the Noble Qur'aan>

"Go, both of you, to Fir'aun (Pharaoh), verily, he has transgressed (all bounds in disbelief and disobedience and behaved as an arrogant and as a tyrant). "And speak to him mildly, perhaps he may accept admonition or fear Allâh." (Ta-Ha 20: 43 - 44)

Allah told the Prophet's Musa and Harun (peace be upon them) to go speak to the Pharoah.. The man who called himself GOD, the one who Imprisoned, Tortured, enslaved and killed 10000s! in a MILD way.. They were not to go there and call him a "dirty KAFR" or "ruthless blood thirsty killer".

This is due to the Wisdom that Allah inspired in our beloved Prophets. They knew that a person only listens when spoken to in a fair and good manner. They knew that this is how Allah had wanted them to behave.

And Allah also said, :

"And by the Mercy of Allâh, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allâh's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affairs. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allâh, certainly, Allâh loves those who put their trust (in Him)." (Aali Imran 3:159)

Here are some Hadith of the Prophet :saw:

Narrated 'Aisha: The Jews used to greet the Prophet by saying, "As-Samu 'Alaika (i.e., death be upon you), so I understood what they said, and I said to them, "As-Samu 'alaikum wal-la'na (i.e. Death and Allah's Curse be upon you)." The Prophet said, "Be gentle and calm, O 'Aisha, as Allah likes gentleness in all affairs." I said, "O Allah's Prophet! Didn't you hear what they said?" He said, "Didn't you hear me answering them back by saying, 'Alaikum (i.e., the same be upon you)?" [Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 75, Number 404]

Narrated Aisha: A man asked permission to see the Prophet. He said, "Let Him come in; What an evil man of the tribe he is! (Or, What an evil brother of the tribe he is)." But when he entered, the Prophet spoke to him gently in a polite manner. I said to him, "O Allah's Apostle! You have said what you have said, then you spoke to him in a very gentle and polite manner? The Prophet said, "The worse people, in the sight of Allah are those whom the people leave (undisturbed) to save themselves from their dirty language." [Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 73, Number 152]

There are many such Ayah from Quran and Ahadith of our blessed Prophet :saw: about importance of Patience and talking in mild manner. So, there should not be such angry emotional writing or speech as we have seen in various places.

Perhaps, the disblievers do bad things, say bad things, but this does not mean we do same as them:

“And let not their speech grieve you, for all power and honour belong to Allah. He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.” (10:65)

“So bear with patience (O Muhammad) all that they say, and glorify the Praises of Your Rabb, before the rising of the sun and before its setting.” (50:39)

“And be patient (O Muhammad) with what they say, and keep away from them in a good way. And leave Me Alone to deal with those in possession of the good things of life, (who yet deny the Truth and bear with them for a little while. With Us are Fetters (to Bind them) and a Fire (to burn them). (73:10-12)

SubhanAllah, both Muslims who follow Islam PROPERLY, and our Perfect Deen of ISLAM have HONOUR and can never be put down by ANYONE!

Islamically, we should always be polite and courteous and to discuss things in a good way, rather than to write angry responses against whole countries and its peoples.

Infact, really we should be more concerned with the Muslims who do not bother to practise Islam and especially those that are not implementing Islam according to the Quran and the Sunnah.

Our success is from Allah, it matters little what any nation, people or even person does. What matters is what WE as Muslims are doing.

So, rather than trauling through the News, media looking at Global political issues, we should be memorising the Quran, Hadith, listening to the lectures, Learning Arabic so that we can read and understand the classical ISlamic books and so that we can listen to Actual scholars, rather than those who simply pose as scholars and who further people's ignorance.

This website is used by a lot of non-Muslims from the US, from Europe, etc, unless you can be clear in what you write so as to avoid misunderstandings, people should not write on topics in angry, emotional ways.

That is why in our Website Rules, we have not allowed people to "Bash" any country, people or Religion. Here, what we mean is irresponsible speech. Putting people or even other's religious beliefs down in an unjust manner, i.e making fun of someone's beliefs, making fun of a people or nation. This is not constructive. This is destructive, for people will not know how beautiful our dear beloved Prophet's teachings were!! How he taught us to have patience and to reply back in the most wise and calm way.

"Invite (mankind, O Muhammad SAW) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islâm) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'ân) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided. "(An-Nahl 16:125)

Narrated Abu Huraira: A man said to the Prophet , "Advise me! " The Prophet said, "Do not become angry and furious." The man asked (the same) again and again, and the Prophet said in each case, "Do not become angry and furious." [Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 73, Number 137]

Narrated Anas bin Malik: The Prophet said, "Make things easy for the people, and do not make it difficult for them, and make them calm (with glad tidings) and do not repulse (them )." [Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 73, Number 146]

Narrated Anas bin Malik: The Prophet said, "Facilitate things to people (concerning religious matters), and do not make it hard for them and give them good tidings and do not make them run away (from Islam)." [Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 3, Number 69]

Narrated Masruq: Abdullah bin 'Amr mentioned Allah's Apostle saying that he was neither a Fahish nor a Mutafahish. Abdullah bin 'Amr added, Allah's Apostle said, 'The best among you are those who have the best manners and character.' [Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 73, Number 56]

We must be careful on how we interact with our family, our neighbours, our work colleagues and ensure we act justly and fairly with them.

May Allah make us those people who have good character and do things in the best manner. Amin.

We need make sure that we know the situation at hand and write in that manner.

wasalamu alaykum.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My dear and respected brother. This was long overdue.

I might add we are so fortuante to have this site. We have to treat it like the gift it is.

The news we read hurts us..the world is crazy...but Islam is the answer.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It helps me stay connected with Muslims.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
:salam2:

:ma: its absolutly beautiful. i hope we take this beautiful advice and always remember it. may Allah subhana wata'ala reward u for ur hardwork ameen

:tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
:salam2:

JazakAllahu khairan brother for this beneficial post. If we follow the example of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and be gentle and polite and have strong faith then there is no reason for acting harshly towards others.

Allah SWT tells us,
And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allâh (believes in His Oneness)," and then stands firm (acts upon His Order), and] invites (men) to Allâh's (Islâmic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I am one of the Muslims." (33) The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allâh orders the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend. (34) But none is granted it (the above quality) except those who are patient - and none is granted it except the owner of the great portion (of happiness in the Hereafter i.e. Paradise and of a high moral character) in this world. (35) And if an evil whisper from Shaitân (Satan) tries to turn you away (O Muhammad SAW) (from doing good), then seek refuge in Allâh. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower. (36)
How on earth could people think otherwise and be harsh with people when they want them to take them seriously when Allah himself tells his Prophet (Peace be upon him),
And by the Mercy of Allâh, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh¬hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allâh's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affairs. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allâh, certainly, Allâh loves those who put their trust (in Him). (159) If Allâh helps you, none can overcome you; and if He forsakes you, who is there after Him that can help you? And in Allâh (Alone) let believers put their trust. (160)
May Allah give us all the understanding of his book and make it easier for us to follow the way of the Prophet (Peace be upon him)

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Excellent thread,

Thank you very much for posting brother!
Everyone should read this.
These are the basic virtues of Muslims, but how far we have gone away from embracing these behaviors and adapting these morals (which are commanded by Allah SWt).

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
MashaAllaah. It was such a beautiful and nice reading.

Kindness. Gentleness. Forgiveness. Along with wisdom and knowledge. - How Islam teaches us to spread the truth.

Once in a lecture, it says that Islam at the time of Prophet Muhammad sallahu a'laihi wa salam was spread mainly through the kindness and richness of Muhammad sallahu a'laihi wa salam akhlaq. His best akhlaq (behaviour) was what attracted most people to embrace Islam. Indeed, for our beloved Prophet Muhammad sallallahhu a'laihi wa salam has the akhlaq of the Quran.

"Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was the best amongst people in disposition and behaviour." Muslim, Book 30, Hadith 5725

Narrated Tariq:
'Abdullah said, "The best talk is Allah's Book (Qur'an), and the best guidance is the guidance of Muhammad."
Bukhari, Book 8, Volume 73, Hadith 120

I do realised that there are so many jewels and golds in the old threads. Alhamdulillah for this great site. May Allaah bless those who has struggle to put Islam at the highest place and to those who continuously convey the message of our Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wa salam without the feeling of tired nor giving up.

Wassalam.