Video New Muslims After 911 Allison Poole & Barbara Cartabuke Muslim after september 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
[img=left]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/allison_new_york_muslim1.jpg[/img]New Muslim Reverts This Ramadan! ( Allison Poole& Barbara Cartabuke) in New York, post-9/11 CNN Interview:
More And More People are Turning to Islam, especially after 9/11. September 11 has led to the media giving Islam a lot of attention. Although, the media has mostly reported negatively about Muslims and Islam, it has made people research about Islam. This has led to many to find the Truth about Islam and readily accept it as their faith. Please link back to www.turntoislam.com when sharing these videos jazakallahu khayr.

CNN states that 1/4 of the 6 Million Muslims in the United States are Revert Muslims (Converts).
[img=right]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/barbara_new_york_muslim2.jpg[/img]
Allison Poole was Raised as a Southern Baptist Christian. She became Muslim this Ramadan. Alhamdulilah! Since becoming Muslim, she feels more at peace and finds Islam has made he life much better as she has the right belief in God. Her family is completely behind her decision, but she finds fellow Americans still misunderstand Islam and say bad things.

Barbara Cartabuke is also an American who has found Islam post 911. She was a Catholic who always felt praying to Jesus and reading Hail Mary's was wrong. When she found Islam, it was a breath of fresh air and answered all her questions regarding the reality of her existance and of true belief in God.

Many thanks and may Allah reward brother RizwanMansuri for originally sharing this video.

CNN Headline news reports on people converting to Islam post-9/11 :ma:

Please keep in mind the Sister only became Muslim a few days ago! Wasalam.

Also, the Imam shouldnt be hugging Muslim sisters. And the actual wording of the Shahada is There is no God but Allah, rather than there is no God but God, which is incorrect translation.

[vg]6811148574095827486[/vg]

Other Videos about people who Became Muslim After 9/11:

People who became Muslim Due to 9/11 (i.e. Researching About Islam):

[img=left]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/angela_colins_fox.jpg[/img]Angela Colins Muslim After September 11 on Fox News
- She Became Muslim After 9/11. She had many of her family members who died on September 11th. She studied Islamand came to find it to be quite different from what other people told her. . and the way the media percieved it to be. She reverted to Islam from her Catholic Faith. Now she is a Muslim teacher.
Be sure to check out the Aljazeera interview, which also has an American Jew who turned to Islam after September 11.
--------------------------------

[img=left]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/aljazeera_new_muslim.jpg[/img]Jewish And Catholic Women Women Become Muslim After September 11.
AlJazeera Interviews some American New Muslim women who became Muslim after 9/11. Aljazeera and FoxNews both interviewed Angela Colins, an ex-Catholic from sunny California. Safiya, who used to be an American Jew... Lost 8 of her relatives in September 11, however, this did not make her blame Islam for the actions of the perpetrators of September 11. Instead, she loved Islam and became Muslim. Having studied Islam and the Quran both women found out, that it has little to do with the extremist actions of a few lone people..... but it gives true meaning to worshipping God alone and not associating any partners with him. It is God's true message to mankind.
--------------------------------

More Videos of New Muslims and their stories Available Here

Kayote

Salam

Thankyou for that. Masha'Allah always to good to hear of people realising the the truth.

& yes, Im also disappointed by the Imam, how in the world can he be an imam & still embrace her.

Allah's hu Aalum.

WaAliekum Assalam

uzeshan

S.O.A
lol. the imam hugs her. naughty naughty :astag:

:salam2:

Dear Sisiter & Brother

We are not allowed to hug and shake hand with oppsite sex if they are not Mehram (not in blood such as bro, dad, son.. and husband/wife).

Allah SAW guild us..

Zeshan

mouwahid

Allahu Akbar

Allahu Akbar wa lillahi alhamd.
I transmit to my sister Allison and Barbara
all my brotherly reminds and say to them
may Allah guide you and protect you.
Your brother Mouwahid.

Sheba_770

Salaam Aleikum'
No offense to you ,but I think that is why we have so many problems in the world. Some seem to concentrate more in minial insignificant impure accusations, that in actuallity come from our inner self councious. To bad some can not only purify themselfs by not only washing their bodies but also their thoughts. Let's walk in the light not in the dark. Let's focus on the beauty of her convertion and their marriage. only Allah can be judge.

Sheba

*ZAHRA*

MASHALLAH SIS I CUDNT HAVE PUT IN A BETTER WAY ^^^
MAY ALLAH HELP ALL THESE REVERTS BECAUSE THERE IS A DIFFICULT BUT FULFILLING JOURNEY AHEAD....

cedric098

Salaam Aleikum'
No offense to you ,but I think that is why we have so many problems in the world. Some seem to concentrate more in minial insignificant impure accusations, that in actuallity come from our inner self councious. To bad some can not only purify themselfs by not only washing their bodies but also their thoughts. Let's walk in the light not in the dark. Let's focus on the beauty of her convertion and their marriage. only Allah can be judge.

Sheba

Couldn't agree more..We muslims are stuck with little, insignificant details... C'mon guys she became a muslim taking shada in tears.. I'm sure the imam considered her as a daughter and he is obviously very happy for her conversion. Well, i don't know if it's ok for him to embrace her but I suppose he had no bad intentions at all and you guys should stop denouncing your muslim brother like this:astag: ...Allah knows the best...

atif

Couldn't agree more..We muslims are stuck with little, insignificant details... C'mon guys she became a muslim taking shada in tears.. I'm sure the imam considered her as a daughter and he is obviously very happy for her conversion. Well, i don't know if it's ok for him to embrace her but I suppose he had no bad intentions at all and you guys should stop denouncing your muslim brother like this:astag: ...Allah knows the best...

Alhudmulillah another sister converting is always moving to watch. However where the imam shaked her hand, I don't believe this to be menial. Alhumdulillah she has been brought out of darkness into light and wouldn't it be right for her to get the correct teaching's of islam?

Clearly we as Muslims live by the Qur'an and Sunnah and if something is haram then we take that and act upon it, don't we? And we can try and justify someone intentions however if goes out of the teaching of Islam then that intention is pretty much worthless.

Trust me I am not trying to pick up on little things or create fitna, thats my least intention, what my worry is what kind of teachings this sister will get from the imam who maybe is unaware of the manners of shaking hands of the opposite sex.

His act might seem small in terms to the greater action which was her shaahada, but Please lets not forsake our deen and leave our beloved prophet Muhammed SAW teaching's.

Ahmedkaafi

subhanalaah

:salam2:
After my best greetings of islaam,Dear Brothers and sisters Allah not allows to shake the hands oppsite sex but the lady came in islam with strong faith Masha allah and I hope she will knows more about Quran and Sunnah.

we have to remember the word of allah which says:-If you differ in anything amongste yourselves,refer in to ALLAH and his Massenger (PBUH) if you believe in Allah and in the last day.that is a better and more suitble for final determination. (Sura An-nisa) v- 59.

:wasalam:

cedric098

Alhudmulillah another sister converting is always moving to watch. However where the imam shaked her hand, I don't believe this to be menial. Alhumdulillah she has been brought out of darkness into light and wouldn't it be right for her to get the correct teaching's of islam?

Clearly we as Muslims live by the Qur'an and Sunnah and if something is haram then we take that and act upon it, don't we? And we can try and justify someone intentions however if goes out of the teaching of Islam then that intention is pretty much worthless.

Trust me I am not trying to pick up on little things or create fitna, thats my least intention, what my worry is what kind of teachings this sister will get from the imam who maybe is unaware of the manners of shaking hands of the opposite sex.

His act might seem small in terms to the greater action which was her shaahada, but Please lets not forsake our deen and leave our beloved prophet Muhammed SAW teaching's.

Thank you brother, salaam be upon you! I deeply respect your ideas.. But I must say I'm a little surprized actually still no one supported this case with a verse or hadith.. Can any of you guys show me a few hadiths so my heart is pacified. I do not know much about this issue.

atif

Thank you brother, salaam be upon you! I deeply respect your ideas.. But I must say I'm a little surprized actually still no one supported this case with a verse or hadith.. Can any of you guys show me a few hadiths so my heart is pacified. I do not know much about this issue.

Wasallam, hope you are well. Yes here are a few hadith taken from another forum on this website.

Hadith - Sahih Muslim, narrated 'A'isha (ra)
By Allah, the hand of the Messenger of Allah (saw) never touched the hand of a woman. By Allah, the Messenger of Allah (saw) never took any vow from women except that which Allah had ordered him to take, and his palm never touched the palm of a woman. When he had taken their vow, he would tell that he had taken the oath from them orally.

Hadith - Recorded by Malik, Ahmad, al-Nasai, al-Tirmidhi and ibn Majah.
[Al-Albani has graded it sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol. 1, p. 494.]
The Prophet (saw) said, "I do not shake the hands of women."

Hadith - Sahih Muslim, narrated 'A'isha (ra)
By Allah, the hand of the Messenger of Allah (saw) never touched the hand of a woman. By Allah, the Messenger of Allah (saw) never took any vow from women except that which Allah had ordered him to take, and his palm never touched the palm of a woman. When he had taken their vow, he would tell that he had taken the oath from them orally.

There are few more however could not find them, if I do inshallah I will post it.
Hope this is of help to you.

atif

Oops looks like to copied two hadiths which are the same :confused: ! Sorry here is another hadith which is similiar:

Hadith - Bukhari 9:321 (& 7:211)
The Prophet (saw) used to take the Pledge of allegiance from the women by words only after reciting this Holy Verse: (60.12) "..that they will not associate anything in worship with Allah." (60.12) And the hand of Allah's Apostle did not touch any woman's hand except the hand of that woman his right hand possessed. (i.e. his captives or his lady slaves).

:wasalam:

west

I embraced Islam but becasue I live in South Africa I luckily do not experience the predigous which the American reverts experience on a daily basis.
We must keep them in our duas

dna1987

Muslim Guy

lol, it's funny how you notice this things when you're watching the video. I noticed a Muslim father shake the hand of the Western girl that was visiting their house to learn about Islam. Lol. As I said, it's easier to notice from a third person point of view, but probably a lot harder to avoid when you are the person in that situation.

abdullah123

salam alaikum,

im so sorry if the joke i made has invited some negative responses. i wasnt intentionally trying to discredit the imam. it was just a joke. i agree with dna1987, the imam probably wasnt sure what's going on over there w/ camera all over the place and there's alot going on. i've been into that kind situation and i know exactly how it felt. It's a sin to assume the Imam intentionally hugged her. Morever, Allah is Most Merciful, Ever Merciful and Oft Forgiving.

A reminder to me and everyone else, the Prophet pbuh said that blood of Muslims and their reputation are sacred.

I just felt so bad to be the one who started this pointless discussion. May Allah forgive me. So, let's just forget about the imam and focus on the more important point, those sisters reverting into Islam.

note to self : think through before making a joke next time

lol, it's funny how you notice this things when you're watching the video. I noticed a Muslim father shake the hand of the Western girl that was visiting their house to learn about Islam. Lol. As I said, it's easier to notice from a third person point of view, but probably a lot harder to avoid when you are the person in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.