Not open for further replies.

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Fasting on the Day of `Ashoorah
parlakyildizlar.gif

( The 9th and 10th of Muharram
-- corresponding to The Thursday 17th - Friday 18th January -- respectively )

Topic:
Regarding The Fiqh of Ashurah - About Fasting in Muharram... fasting Ashura... and its History..
By: Abu Usamah Khalifa Adh-Dhahabi

Click Here To Play/Download

An informative Audio Lecture about Ashoora. The history of the Fast of Ashura is explained, what the Prophet :saw: said about it.. and also the way we do the fast.

----------------------------------------

Also Very good Article:
A Reminder of the Virtures of Ashoorah, which is on Friday

Fasting The day of 'Ashura'

It was reported that the day the Children of Israel were saved from Fir’awn was called the day of ‘Ashura’. Imam Ahmad reported that Ibn ‘Abbas said that the Messenger of Allaah :saw: came to Al-Madinah and found that the Jews were fasting the day of ‘Ashura’.
He :saw: asked them, “What is this day that you fast?” They said, “This is a good day during which Allaah saved the Children of Israel from their enemy, and Musa used to fast this day.” The Messenger of Allaah :saw: said,

I have more right to Musa than you have.

Ahmad 1:291, Fath Al-Bari 4:287, Muslim 2:796, An-Nasai in Al-Kubr 2:157, and Ibn Majah 1:553

Yahya related to me from Malik from Hisham ibn Urwa from his father that A'isha, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The day of Ashura was a day the Quraysh used to fast in the jahiliyya, and the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, used also to fast it during the jahiliyya. Then when the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, came to Madina he fasted it and ordered that it be fasted. Then Ramadan was made obligatory, and that became the fard instead of Ashura, but whoever wanted to, fasted it, and whoever did not want to, did not fast it." Muwatta , Book 18, Number 18.11.33:

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab that Humayd ibn Abd ar-Rahman ibn Awf heard Muawiya ibn Abi Sufyan say from the mimbar on the day of Ashura in the year in which he made the hajj, "People of Madina, where are your learned men? I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say about this day, 'This is the day of Ashura, and fasting it has not been prescribed for you. I am fasting it, and whoever of you wants to fast it can do so, and whoever does not want to, does not have to.' " Muwatta , Book 18, Number 18.11.34

Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that Umar ibn al-Khattab had sent (the following message) to al-Harith ibn Hisham, ''Tomorrow is the day of Ashura, so fast (it) and tell your family to fast (also)."
Muwatta , Book 18, Number 18.11.33:

Attachments

• Fiqh_ashurah.mp3
    3.3 MB · Views: 393

Steve940

:salam2:

Jazakallah khair for the beneficial post

I have a question about the speaker of the mp3 file you provided,

I downloaded a torrent that includes somewhere around 70 speeches by this brother adh-dhahabi. However I haven't heard of him before and I would like to know if he has the correct understanding of fihq, aqeedah, ect

Any responses are appreciated

:salam2:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam

Abu Usama khalifa is an African American Muslim from the United States. He is a revert to Islam since the late 1980s and has studied in Madinah university (saudi Arabia).

He is currently an Imam in Green Lane Mosque in Birmingham, UK. He is a nice brother mashaAllah, not extreme.

His beliefs in Aqeedah and manhaj are sound inshaAllah, as from what I have known of him he likes to listen to the various Ulema' and stick in accordance with the Quran and Sunnah - inshaAllah. - For that reason, I would say he is a lot better than other "speakers" who often fail to mention even the names of the scholars.. and are happy to be seen as Shaykhs giving fatawa and the like.

whitehijab

thank u soo much for the informative article brother. it really help me to understand better about fasting on this day alhamdulillah.

:muslim_child:

iislam4ever

Servant of Allah 247
Some bright events from the martial life of the Prophet peace be upon him

very beneficial insashallh i will try to fast as many days possible on this month

Status
Not open for further replies.