how many sons of god in bible & what does son of god mean ?

truth4real

How many "Sons" does God have? Many people will now complain "but the Bible clearly says that Jesus is the Son of God". Well then, how many sons does God almighty have?. The Bible tells us that Jacob is God's son and firstborn: "Israel is my son, even my firstborn" Exodus 4:22. Solomon is God's son "He shall build an house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son": 2 Samuel 7:13-14. Ephraim is God's firstborn: "for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim ismy firstborn." Jeremiah 31:9 (who is God's firstborn?. Israel or Ephraim?). Adam is the son of God "Adam, which was the son of God." Luke 3:38. Even common people are the sons of God: "Ye are the children of the LORD your God" Deuteronomy 14:1. "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God" Romans 8:14. Well then, is Jesus the only begotten son of God?.

Read Psalms of DAVID 2:7 "I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me (David the king), Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee".

When the Jews picked up stones to stone Jesus (pbuh) he defended himself with the words of John 10:34: "Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken...." referring to Psalms 82:6 "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.". As we can see from these and many other verses like them, "Son of God" in the language of the Jews was a very innocent term used to describe a loyal servant of God. Grolier's encyclopedia, under the heading "Jesus Christ", says: "During his earthly life Jesus was addressed as rabbi and was regarded as a prophet. Some of his words, too, place him in the category of sage. A title of respect for a rabbi would be "my Lord." Already before Easter his followers, impressed by his authority, would mean something more than usual when they addressed him as "my Lord."....... it is unlikely that the title "Son of David" was ascribed to him or accepted by him during his earthly ministry. "Son of God," in former times a title of the Hebrew kings (Psalms 2:7), was first adopted in the post-Easter church as an equivalent of Messiah and had no metaphysical connotations (Romans 1:4). Jesus was conscious of a unique filial relationship with God, but it is uncertain whether the Father/Son language (Mark 18:32; Matt. 11:25-27 par.; John passim) goes back to Jesus himself" . There seems to be only two places in the Bible where Jesus (pbuh) refers to himself as "son of God". They are in John chapter 5 and 11. Hastings in "The dictionary of the Bible" says:
"Whether Jesus used it of himself is doubtful".

Regardless, we have already seen what is meant by this innocent title. However, Jesus is referred to as the "son of Man" (literally: "Human being") 81 times in the books of the Bible. Do Christians emphasize this aspect of Jesus?. The New Testament Greek word used for "son" are "pias" and "paida" which mean "servant", or "son in the sense of servant". These are translated to "son" in reference to Jesus and "servant" in reference to others in some translations of the Bible. Muslims are told that Jesus (pbuh) was a human being, not a god. They are told that Jesus (pbuh) continually emphasized this to his followers throughout his mission. The Gospel of Barnabas also affirms this fact. Once again, Grolier's encyclopedia says:

"...Most problematical of all is the title "Son of Man." This is the only title used repeatedly by Jesus as a self-designation, and there is no clear evidence that it was used as a title of majesty by the post-Easter church. Hence it is held by many to be authentic, since it passes the criterion of dissimilarity" (emphasis added). Is Jesus (pbuh) a divine son of God because God is his "father"?. Let us read Matthew 5:45

"That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven..." and

Matthew 5:48:"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." ...etc. There are countless verses in the Bible to this effect. To understand what is meant by the reference to "father" we need only read

John 8:42: "Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me".

So the love of God and His prophets is what makes God someone's "father". Similarly,

John 8:44: "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do".

Obviously neither the Devil nor God is the physical father of any of them. Miracles: Well then, is Jesus the son of God because he raised the dead?. If so, then what about Ezekiel who raised many more dead bodies than Jesus ever did. Ezekiel raised a whole city from the dead (Ezekiel 37:1-9) If we are looking for Godly powers and miracles as proof of godliness then what about Joshua who stopped the sun and moon for one whole day: (Joshua 10:12-13). Can anyone but God almighty do this?. Elisha raised the dead, resurrected himself, healed a leper, fed a hundred people with twenty barley loaves and a few ears of corn, and healed a blind man: 2 Kings 4:35, 13:21, 5:14, 4:44, and 6:11. Elijah raised the dead, and made a bowl of flour and a jar of oil To say nothing of Moses (pbuh) and his countless miracles. Of his parting of the sea, of his changing of a stick into a serpent, of his changing of water into blood, ..etc. And on and on...... Even Jesus (pbuh) himself tells us that miracles by themselves do not prove anything: "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect