HAJJ 2013 - NEED YOUR HELP!! - MY FIRST HAJJ THIS YEAR - INSHAA ALLAH!

ScotsMuslim

Live for Allah and His Rasool (saw)
Asalamulaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu!

Hope you guys are all well!

I am a brother from Scotland and Alhumdulilah have recently joined this forum.

A couple of brothers and I will inshaa Allah be preforming our FIRST HAJJ this year.

I am currently shopping around just now for hajj packages and have come across alot of companies.

I REALLY NEED YOUR GUYS HELP AND ADVICE!

Some companies I have see so far are:

F&I Hajj and Umrah -
Cheap hajj and umrah
Sunnah tours -

and some other companies.

I have called up a number of companies regarding Hajj 2013 packages - ALOT of companies are SHIFTING and some are NON SHIFTING.
I have seen alot of great reviews for F&I Hajj and Umrah company (also recommended by a friend who went last year) - everything with them seems to be good inshaa Allah as there package this year is about £3995 everything incl (transport, qurbani, nonshifting, tents food etc).

I have been told that if I go for nonshifting then the time that we are away from makkaht to preform hajj then we are paying for the hotel in Makkah which is useless as we wont be using them so It is better going for a shifting package as the appartments in Aziziya are closer to jamarat?

So I would like to ask from your experience from hajj -

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Assalamu Alaykum,

But during the time you are away from Makkah to perform Hajj, wouldn't you be needing your hotel room to keep all your extra luggage, like your suitcase? You need to pack as little as possible to need during the five days of Hajj, so most of the extra baggage would stay safe at the hotel.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-salaam,

I know some of the brothers at Sunnah Tours (although not on a extremely personal level). I'm not sure what you mean by shifting (is it a hotel room like the sister Tabassum07 mentioned?). Anyway their price seems expensive to some although their service is considered excellent. I know two people who went with them and I heard no complaints from them regarding the company rather that everything was taken care of although there was forewarning about changes that could occur that was out of their control. I think one of them stayed in the Aziziya and I don't recall any bad things being mentioned about it. The message regarding Hajj from them (and generally) is that you need a lot of patience while there because of the amount of people, and unforeseen circumstances that can occur.

Hope this helps.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
Someone I know went with hajjusa and was not pleased at all and would not recommend it to others. It's best to pick out a company at local level as they would be more aware of any technical issues with leaving your country for hajj, plus the hajj tents there are labeled and divided into sections, such as american's tent, uk tents, pakistn tents, etc and each one has it's own level of accommodation based on your origin.

Zafar nur

Aslam i alakum Brother. I read your message and was happy to see your desire to do hajj. I have been going for Hajj for last few years by grace of Allah. I am Consultant orthopaedic surgeon and My advice is as a common person and not who has some interest in hajj groups.
Shifting hajj has benifits, it is cheaper than non shifting but there is one problem. You are going to be there few days before hajj and few days after hajj in azezzia. this is about 3-4 miles from haram and you will not be able to come for your prayers to haram and will do it locally. Travelling to Makkah during those days is extremely difficult.
So for your initial umrah and then tawaf i ziarat you have to find your way to Makkah which might be ok but after you have done this going back to you place in azezzia is big issue specially if you have females and kids.
If you have hotel in Makkah you can easily do these and take rest in your hotel after that and you have the previlage of all 5 time salah in haram and that is what you want.YOU NEED MAX BENIFIT FROM THIS HAJJ AS POSSIBLE. First Hajj is life time experiance and you will remember all your life and if you had good experiance you will go again and again as I do and Alhamdolillah I enjoy it every time.
Then you need to see what facilities and what hotels provided. Usually group says 500 meters from haram or 10 minutes walk to hotel. In hajj season it is so busy that getting in and out of haram takes ages. 500 merer walk can mean 30-45 minutes in that rush each way. This you have to do 5 times a day. So be careful before you choose your package.
My advice is that pay little more and have better package then to save some money and struggle every day as it does effect your prayers as when you are tired it is difficult to concentrate to pray.
If you want I can talk to you, and give my phone number, if you want further advice. I can also answer any queations on this forum if some one wishes to ask any thing.
I pray that Allah make your Hajj easy and enjoyable. NUR

ScotsMuslim

Asalamulaykum Dear brothers and sister, alhumdulilah thank you all for your advice, I have gone with F&I hajj and umrah group, I paid a little bit more since its a non shifting package and as you brother ZAFAR said its a life time experience, subhanAllah.

Please make dua my visas come through.

Nureyni Amir

Walaikum Asalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh, Ma'sha'allah May Allah make it easy for you. Keep us in your du'as in'sha'allah.

Eman Yousuf

:salam:

I am happy for you brother that you are going to perform Hajj for the first time, inshallah make lots of duaa specially for Syria and Egypt and in general.
Don't worry about the shopping you will get what you want in Mecca and Madina , just prepare yourself for the manasik of hajj. :salah:

I dont know the rules of Scotland so I will leave it, for you . May Allah make your hajj Mabroor, and make your path easy and successful, ameen:SMILY139:

remember me in your duaa.

wa salaam

ScotsMuslim

JazakAllah Khair brothers and Sister inshaa Allah will keep you in my duas, please make dua for me :D