Frustration

Wulf

:salam2:
Today while shopping I saw two youths push and insult a Muslim woman. I called out to them and they ran away. As I aproached the lady to see if she was ok, She looked at me with fear as if she expected me to also attack. She turned and hurried away.
This sort of things seems to happen often. I have heard of instances where people have spat on Muslim Women.

This is the society in which I live. A society that is intolerant of anything that is different, supported by our Government, who in turn give lip service to the acceptance of minorities.

Mosques have been attacked with anti Muslim graffiti, One Mosque was set on fire.
In the suburb of Cronulla last year, youths rioted bashing anyone who looked Middle Eastern in apearance or Muslim, even women. When Muslim youths, fired by anger retaliated later, it was Muslims who were arrested.

In the Suburb of bankstown the situation has degenerated to a state of all out gang warfare. Anglos against muslims and vica versa.

Muslim Refugees are locked away, some for years, in Detention centres.

This year there will be an Election in Australia. Already one candidate is standing on a platform of either restricting, or banning, Muslim migration to this country.
Plus callng for the immediate deportation of foreign born Muslims for any wrongdoing. No one else, just Muslims.

Whenever there is crime commited by a Muslim, the headlines eflect that. But if a Christian commits the same type of crime it does not say "Protestant charged with rape".

Our so called copy of the American Homeland Security Act actually makes this post subject to possible charges of Sedition.

A Muslim, of any nationality can be, and have been, detained just on a "Suspicion" of having contact with so called Terrorist organisations. No proof is needed and the detainee can be held indefinately.

Sorry about this post, but I need to vent my frustration at what I see as a whittling away of our democratic rights.
I may even be starting to feel paranoid, wondering if this fear is why I can get no response from my emails to Mosques and Muslim organisations here.

I think I will have a coffee and calm down.

:wasalam:

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Wa alaikumussalaam,

Sorry about this post, but I need to vent my frustration at what I see as a whittling away of our democratic rights.
I may even be starting to feel paranoid, wondering if this fear is why I can get no response from my emails to Mosques and Muslim organisations here.

It's ok. We understand what you're going through as most of us have felt the same way. Just continue praying to Allaah swt and Insha Allaah you'll get used to it. Just look on the bright side, these type of people exist to test our faith and for every bad thing they do to Muslims, it just increases our love for Allaah swt and Islam. They can't break us Insha Allaah.

Don't take coffee too much :D

Wulf

Thanks

Thank you hurul-ein.

I will go to my place of peace. The kitchen, and cook my Daughters dinner.

:)

Bluegazer

Hello Wulf,

On behalf of that Muslim woman you helped, I'd like to thank you.

It's people like you who truly make a difference. We Muslims must remember that just as there are nasty non Muslims who are fueled by ignorance and fear to attack Muslims, there are also respectable and honourable non Muslims who take the time and effort to investigate Islam and to aid Muslims when they are wronged and need help.

I've heard stories about some people in America who saw what happened to Muslim women [who wear the hijab -head covering-] and decided to offer their help by walking with them to wherever they needed to go for business [e.g. the supermarket....etc]. These gestures do really make a difference.

I ask God Almighty to reward you for the help you gave this Muslim sister of ours.

Take care, and I hope you all the best.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Salam alaikum Wulf,

I'm going to be moving to Queensland soon (within a week!!). Is it really that bad there for Muslims?

hafz

Well I can imagine just how she felt because I was spat at and sworn at by 3 skin heads in a busy london shop on a saturday.I had a small child with me so I hurried on incase they did anything else.Everyone just looked no one helped or said anything .
Well atleast you tried to help.Allah reward you for that!

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Today while shopping I saw two youths push and insult a Muslim woman. I called out to them and they ran away. As I aproached the lady to see if she was ok, She looked at me with fear as if she expected me to also attack. She turned and hurried away.
This sort of things seems to happen often. I have heard of instances where people have spat on Muslim Women.

This is the society in which I live. A society that is intolerant of anything that is different, supported by our Government, who in turn give lip service to the acceptance of minorities.

Mosques have been attacked with anti Muslim graffiti, One Mosque was set on fire.
In the suburb of Cronulla last year, youths rioted bashing anyone who looked Middle Eastern in apearance or Muslim, even women. When Muslim youths, fired by anger retaliated later, it was Muslims who were arrested.

In the Suburb of bankstown the situation has degenerated to a state of all out gang warfare. Anglos against muslims and vica versa.

This year there will be an Election in Australia. Already one candidate is standing on a platform of either restricting, or banning, Muslim migration to this country.
Plus callng for the immediate deportation of foreign born Muslims for any wrongdoing. No one else, just Muslims.

Whenever there is crime commited by a Muslim, the headlines eflect that. But if a Christian commits the same type of crime it does not say "Protestant charged with rape".

Our so called copy of the American Homeland Security Act actually makes this post subject to possible charges of Sedition.

A Muslim, of any nationality can be, and have been, detained just on a "Suspicion" of having contact with so called Terrorist organisations. No proof is needed and the detainee can be held indefinately.

Yuh.. Robin.. have coffee first ....

Robin , the situation in some countries towards muslims are even worse than what u have seen.. You aint seen nothing yet till u go to Palestine, Iraq...

There , they dont talk terms , they just kill...

Robin, u can tell us anything....

I think when u warn the 2 youths , u might have look like this : :angryblue:

umm hussain

Salam alaikum Wulf,

I'm going to be moving to Queensland soon (within a week!!). Is it really that bad there for Muslims?

Everywhere is bad for Muslims, especially as long as it is not a muslim country we should be prepared for everything and anything from those who hate muslims and Islam.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Yuh.. Robin.. have coffee first ....

Robin , the situation in some countries towards muslims are even worse than what u have seen.. You aint seen nothing yet till u go to Palestine, Iraq...

There , they dont talk terms , they just kill...

Robin, u can tell us anything....

I think when u warn the 2 youths , u might have look like this : :angryblue:

Naugty boy!!!

Some people look graceful in anger and some look beautiful :D.

Wassalaam,
VE

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Well I can imagine just how she felt because I was spat at and sworn at by 3 skin heads in a busy london shop on a saturday.I had a small child with me so I hurried on incase they did anything else.Everyone just looked no one helped or said anything .
Well atleast you tried to help.Allah reward you for that!

May god reward u for ur patience...:mashallah:
Cant we humans :SMILY252: each other regardless of race and religion

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Peace be upon You

Thank you, Robin
its really nice to see ppl like u around who have the guts to speak for the truth and against injustice. And yes what u are saying is true, and i hope u can understand it now that if, what happened annoyed you this much, how much more it annoys a muslim that he/she is ill treated just for being a muslim. I donno but i feel like that Allah really is showing u the way and we all here pray for u that may u find peace and serenity in Islam and may Allah make it beautiful in yr heart and guide u through as we ALL need that guidence really badly.

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
:salam2: i'm so sorry for what you are going trhough,macha'Allah i'm proud of you because you have reacted seeing that injustice.Sometimes i'm so scared about my daughters future,but then i know that i have to trust Allah.Few months ago i was in the market with my secod daughter(i have to explain that i wear the khimar but as we're both reverted,my husband and I,our children are blond hair and blue eyes)Well a woman ,as she was passing by with his child ,told to him that i surely have done something bad with somebody because it was so "shocking"the way my daughter DJIHAD looked like.As a kafir she was an hypocryte and she talked to her child in spanish,there were many muslims around.Spanish is my mother tongue so i started talking to her,she was so ashamed she runned away:SMILY288: :SMILY288: :SMILY288:
ps:i'm sorry if it wasn't very clear,english is not my first tongue,
ps n°2:have a good coffie!!!:shake:

Wulf

Replies

Thank you to all for your encouragement. I must admit to being a little scared at the time, but anger seemed to cloud my feelings. I would probably done the same for anyone regardless of Race, Colour, or Religion.
I was raised with a sense of Honour, to always do what is honourable, something many of the young today know nothing of.
I was taught as a youth to treat all women as if they were my Mother or Sister. With the deepest of respect and Filial love.

I do consider myself to a Muslim. Since joining this site I have found peace with myself and come to terms with a very difficult situation.
I may be ignorant of many of the ways of Islam, but when I find a teacher I will learn more. Until then i will be true to what I believe to be the Truth.

There is only one God, his name is Allah swt and Mohhamed was his last and true Prophet, may the blessing of Allah swt be upon his name. Allahu Akbar

DNA,
What I described is neither common or uncommon where I live. As more and more Muslims move into my Suburb of Woodridge the incidents will become less.
Where I live is a socio-economicly deprived area. Many of the non Muslim residents have little education, which is why I Volunteer to teach English Literacy to Adults, as well as Migrants. There are a number of Charismatic Christian Churches, but they pose no threat to anyone but each other, as they vie for the limited congegations, as the majority of the non Muslems have no faith whatsoever.

Many Muslim women shop in pairs or in the company of a male relative or husband. There is already a small enclave of Muslim shops, comprising of a Halal Butcher, Vegetable market and I think a take away food shop. near them there are Indian Muslim grocery stores.
Have no fear of Queensland, there are many Righteous Brothers and Sisters here.

Bluegazer

Hello Wulf!!!

Do you realise you just said the Shahada [Testimony of Faith]??!!

There is only one God, his name is Allah swt and Mohhamed was his last and true Prophet, may the blessing of Allah swt be upon his name.

Congratulations!! and Welcome to Islam!!

Allahu Akbar!

I ask Allah that we meet in the highest degrees of Paradise....

Amen

Your -hopefully- first brother in Islam,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Wulf

:salam2: Bluegazer

Yes, rest assured that I knew well what I was writing. What is more important to me is that I wrote it without fear and spoke it out aloud as I wrote it.

To have peace and reconcilliation in my life once again is like a great burden having been lifted from my back.
Once again I can stand up straight, my face towards the sun, no longer in the shadows, and smile.

Wassalamu Alaikum

Globalpeace

Banned
Welcome from a Pommie!

Asslamo Allaikum Wulf,

Welcome to the family of 1.5 billion....See ya around mate!

:salam2: Bluegazer

Yes, rest assured that I knew well what I was writing. What is more important to me is that I wrote it without fear and spoke it out aloud as I wrote it.

To have peace and reconcilliation in my life once again is like a great burden having been lifted from my back.
Once again I can stand up straight, my face towards the sun, no longer in the shadows, and smile.