Being not sure whether person needs money or not ? Please give some advice

Hopetogoparadis

Assalam alakum

If a Muslim who you knew through internet for 1-2 years and from another country (Pakistan) asks you for money, is it better if you send money without questioning him about his situation, because you know if he is telling truth he may get offended by your questioning, ''Why you are asking me ? Dont you believe me ? I am sad...'' Because you know, there is a verse in Quran, saying that a nice word is better than giving charity which comes with bad word (dont remember exacty verse, but it meant like that i think). And you know, if he is really loved by Allah, then maybe Allah will punish us for making his serveant sad. But in other hand, you just dont know whether he is really needing that money or ...

There is this person who asked me for help. And Allahu aleem, when we talk normally, like when there is no money issue, we are just fine, i feel pity for him, they seem to be a poor family and i believe whatever he says, he seems to be a good person mashallah. But when its about money then doubts come my mind. I dont know whether i should help him thinking that ''even if he is lying, Allah will accept it'' or do you think my doubts are actually normal ? Honestly i dont wanna be punished for not helping him because maybe Allah is testing me. But in other hand i dont feel good about i

Idris16

Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah wabarakatuh

If you have never seen him, tell him to show himself in the camera, in that way you might see if you can trust him or not. Allah knows best.

sultanb

:wasalam: brother.

I will give my opinion, but it is based on a limited knowledge brother. Please don't take it as THE answer. The best guidance is from Allah, therefore invoke and consult to Him of this. I seek refuge in Allah from my mistakes.

The first thing is you need to categorize this money you're giving. Is it a loan or sadaqah? If it is a loan, to him as a debt, then the proper way of doing it is mentioned in the Quran:

:bismillah:
"O you who have believed, when you contract a debt for a specified term, write it down. And let a scribe write [it] between you in justice. Let no scribe refuse to write as Allah has taught him. So let him write and let the one who has the obligation dictate. And let him fear Allah , his Lord, and not leave anything out of it. But if the one who has the obligation is of limited understanding or weak or unable to dictate himself, then let his guardian dictate in justice. And bring to witness two witnesses from among your men. And if there are not two men [available], then a man and two women from those whom you accept as witnesses - so that if one of the women errs, then the other can remind her. And let not the witnesses refuse when they are called upon. And do not be [too] weary to write it, whether it is small or large, for its [specified] term. That is more just in the sight of Allah and stronger as evidence and more likely to prevent doubt between you, except when it is an immediate transaction which you conduct among yourselves. For [then] there is no blame upon you if you do not write it. And take witnesses when you conclude a contract. Let no scribe be harmed or any witness. For if you do so, indeed, it is [grave] disobedience in you. And fear Allah . And Allah teaches you. And Allah is Knowing of all things." 2-282

Make sure the amount you will be giving is moderate within your means, not overstretching nor stingy. And debt forgiven is charity, so should it come to that, your heart must be ikhlas.

:bismillah:
"And if someone is in hardship, then [let there be] postponement until [a time of] ease. But if you give [from your right as] charity, then it is better for you, if you only knew."2-280

You can ask kindly, but it would be terrible if you ask and you end up not sending the money. I think it would deeply hurt the person. I have been on the side of having to ask to borrow money, my own sister, and my heart was racing and I felt very nervous. It's a terrible feeling. If you are fearful of asking, then it's best not to ask.

Ahsen

I would advise you to not give money to strangers unless it's free money then it's your choice.

Allah knows the best.

strive-may-i

WalaikumAssalaam,

Brother you are thinking out loud. Sometimes dilemma can arise in the mind, when people stretch their hands and seek for help.
- If this person is an acquaintance, ask the person to reach to local community for financial help or to reach out to the charity organizations. If he is genuine, definitely he will get the necessary financial help.
- If this person is a friend you know in person and have real proof about the poor financial situation, then its your choice.
I would advise you to not give money to strangers unless it's free money then it's your choice.
Allah knows the best.

Brother Ahsen's response makes sense.

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
asalaam aleykum;

but he did not ask ALL OF ....just a kind help...and that too as is stated in Kuran Kareem

to whatever you give count as given to Allah(Jalaa wa Alaa)
(SO GIVE HIM)
do not ask him or any in future why...just give(you can afford) with kind words...sorry for little.

in additon

the key ...to the road of HIZB LLAH...be charitable.