Daily Ramadan Worship Routine

The_truth

Daily Ramadan Worship Routine

The most beautiful month has come upon us. Almighty Allah says: “The month of Ramadan is the one in which the Quran was sent down, a guidance for mankind, clear proofs for the guidance, the Criterion; so whoever amongst you witnesses this month, let him fast it." (Surah al-Baqarah 2:185)

In this blessed month good deeds are multiplied: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Whoever draws near to Allah during it (Ramadan) with a single characteristic from the characteristics of (voluntary) goodness, he is like whoever performs an obligatory act in other times. And whoever performs an obligatory act during it, he is like whoever performed seventy obligatory acts in other times.” (Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah, no. 1887)

So we should thank Allah abundantly for giving us the opportunity to be able to benefit from such a blessed month. But as we all know life is very uncertain & unfortunately many will have passed away before the coming of this blessed month & so it may well be our very last Ramadan as we may not be alive to see the next.

Therefore we should treat this Ramadan as our last and do our utmost to ensure that we maximize each precious second in this blessed month to ensure that we gain maximum benefit from it. The following articvle will enable us to maximize each and every precious second of this most blessed month!

Download the entire Beautiful Daily Sunnah collection: http://sdrv.ms/Pmw9gn

Morning

Upon Awakening

1. Awaken at least 20-30 mins before Fajr begins in order to pray the Tahajjud prayer.

Note: Dua's are readily accepted just before Fajr begins. So we should try and wake up earlier so that we can spend at least 5-10 minutes (if not more) in sincere Dua until Fajr begins.

2. Upon awakening one should rub both palms on the face and eyes so that the effects of sleep are removed. (Tirmidhi)

3. Then one should recite the following supplications:

Alhamdu lillaahil-ladhee 'ahyaanaa ba'da maa 'amaatanaa wa' ilayhin-nushoor.

Praise is to Allah Who gives us life after He has caused us to die and to Him is the return. (Bukhari)

Also recite:

Laa 'illaha 'illallahu wahdahu la shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer Subhaanallahi, walhamdu lillaahi, wa laa 'ilaha 'illallahu, wallaahu 'akbar, wa laa hawla wa laa Quwwata 'illaa billaahil-'Aliyyil-'Adheem, Rabbighfir lee.

There is none worth of worship but Allah alone, Who has no partner, His is the dominion and to Him belongs all praise, and He is able to do all things. Glory is to Allah. Praise is to Allah. There is none worth of worship but Allah. Allah is the Most Great. There is no might and no powers except by Allah’s leave, the Exalted, the Mighty. My Lord, forgive me.

Whoever recites this will be forgiven, and if he supplicates Allah, his prayer will be answered; if he performs ablution and prays, his prayer will be accepted. (Bukhari)

4. To make Miswaak upon awakening is Sunnah (Abu Dawood)

Note:
This is a separate Sunnah to when making Miswaak during Wudhu

Miswaak should be used for: During fasting. The recitation of Qur’an & Hadith. When mouth emits bad odour. For teaching or learning Islam. For making remembrance of Allah. Before intercourse. After entering one’s home. Before entering any good gathering. When experiencing pangs of hunger or thirst. After the time of Suhoor. Before meals. Before and after a journey. Before and after sleeping.

Toilet

5. Always enter toilet with left foot & recite:

[Bismillaahi] Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-khubthi walkhabaa'ith.

(Before entering) [In the Name of Allah]. (Then) O Allah, I seek protection in You from the male and female unclean spirits. (Bukhari 1/45, Muslim 1/283)

6. Leave toilet with right foot & recite:

Ghufraanak. Alhamdulillaahilladhee adh-haba annill adhaa wa ‘afaanee

Oh Allah I seek Your forgiveness. All praises are due to Allah who has taken away from me discomfort and granted me relief. (Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah and Tirmidhi)

Wudu

7. It is Sunnah to make Miswaak during Wudu.

8. After performing Wudu recite the following:

'Ash-hadu 'an laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu wa 'ash-hadu 'anna Muhammadan 'abduhu wa Rasooluhu.

I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, Who has no partner; and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and His Messenger. (Muslim 1/209)

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "
If anyone amongst you performs the ablution perfectly and then says: I testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is the servant of Allah and His Messenger, the eight gates of Paradise would be opened for him and he may enter by whichever of them he wishes". (Muslim)

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said,"He who performed ablution perfectly, his sins would come out from his body, even coming out from under his nails." (Muslim)

9. Performing two rak'ahs (Units of prayer) after ablution. Always pray 2 Raka’a Tahiyyatul Wudu after making Wudu, with full khushu (concentration) for paradise becomes obligatory (Wajib) for the performer (Muslim).

Abu Hurraira (Ra) narrated that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said to Bilaal (Ra) “Tell me about the most hopeful act (i.e. one which you deem the most rewarding with Allah) you have done since your acceptance of Islam because I heard the sound of the steps of your shoes in front of me in paradise.” Bilaal (Ra) said : “I do not consider any act more hopeful than that whenever I make ablution (Wudhu) at any time of night or day, I offer salaah (prayer) for as long as was destined for me to offer.” (Bukhari, Muslim)

Note: During Ramadan the reward of paying a nawafil (voluntary) prayer is that of a Fard (oblgatory) prayer.

Hair, beard, nails:(For more detailed information on this and all other Sunnah's refer to link below title)

10. Not to delay in cutting face and body hair for more than 40 days:

Annas (Ra) narrated: "A time limit has been prescribed for us for trimming the moustache, clipping the nails, plucking the hair under the armpits, shaving the pubes, that none of them should be left for more than forty nights." (Muslim)

11. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) used to clip his nails either on Thursday or Friday. (Tirmidhi)

12. Regarding method of cutting nails: There is no evidence from the Sunnah regarding the method of cutting nails but it is recommended to start from the right hand from the index finger, then forefinger, ring finger and then little finger. Then to the left hand he started from the little finger across to the ring finger, forefinger, index finger, thumb and then lastly the thumb of the right hand.

When clipping the toe nails it is recommended to start on the small toe of the right foot and then work your way across till the small toe on the left foot.

Note: These methods of cutting the nails are recommended in (Fathul Bari,Vol.10: Page.345)

Getting dressed/undressed

13. Recite Bismillah (In the name of Allah) before dressing or undressing (Tirmidhi)

14. Sunnah way of dressing: When wearing one’s trousers, first put on the right leg, then the left one. When putting on a kurta or shirt, first put on the right sleeve and then the left one. The same procedure should be followed when wearing a vest. When wearing a shoe, first put on the right shoe. When removing any garment or shoe, first remove the left, then the right. This is the Sunnah method when removing any garment from the body (Bukhari, Tirmidhi “the chapter on clothing” and Shamaaile Tirmidhi).

15. Recite the following when getting dressed:

Alhamdu lillaahil-ladhee kasaanee haadhaa (aththawba) wa razaqaneehi min ghayri hawlim-minnee wa laaquwwatin.

Praise is to Allah Who has clothed me with this (garment) and provided it for me, though I was powerless myself and incapable (Al-Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi)

According to hadith in Abu Dawood: Whoever recites this dua whilst putting on clothes then his past and present minor sins are forgiven.

16. When one is getting undressed then one should say: بِسْمِ اللَّهِ Bismillaahi

Translation: In the Name of Allah. (Tirmidhi 2/505)

Sincerety and purifying Intentions

17. Purifying our Intentions

We should aim to purify & correct our intentions before fasting & doing any acts of worship in order to eradicate any underlying bad intentions or insincerety in our hearts. Much of the time we may not even realise that our intentions are not correct or that we are insincere. Therefore before doing any good we must ensure our intentions are ONLY to please Allah and that we are sincere. Having the right intentions will increase the sincerity in our worship and enable us to earn greater rewards for every good deed we do, even if it is a small good deed.

18. Make big intentions for every act throughout Ramadan:

Ibn Al-Mubaarak said:
"Maybe a small action is made great by its intention, and maybe a great action is made small by its intention."

Daily routines like eating, drinking, sleeping, traveling etc can be a source of great reward by having the right intentions. Having good Intentions is easy & great rewards can be gained without making any hard physical effort. By just spending a couple of seconds having the right intention in our hearts we can turn a whole day to a day of worship. Like turning dust into gold.

Therefore we should make sincere intention that we are fasting solely for the pleasure of Allah for he knows what is hidden deep within our hearts. We should also make as many good intentions as possible for each and every good act as it maybe that a small deed may become big by making big intentions then imagine how much reward we will gain for making big intentions for big deeds like fasting during Ramadan and the fact that every good deed is mutliplied many times over!

19. Sincerety (Ikhlas)

How much reward we get for our good deeds or whether we get any reward at all, depends on the level of sincerety (Ikhlas) we have whilst doing good deeds. The more sincere we are the more we will be rewarded. The less sincerity we have the less we will be rewarded, if at all.

Therefore it is crucial that we do our utmost do be as sincere as possible when doing good actions. We must ONLY do every action for the pleasure of Allah and try our best never to reveal what good we have done to anyone else. The best good deeds are those that are hidden from others.

So let us be sincere as possible whilst doing good deeds and hide them from others as much as possible during this blessed month and throughout the year.

Tahajjud (The Night Vigil Prayer)

20. One of the best ways of getting closer to Allah this Ramadan is by increasing in our Nawafil (voluntary) prayers. The best prayer after the Fard (obligatory) prayers is Tahajjud. It can be prayed from after the Isha prayer up until just before Fajr begins.

Tahajjud can be prayed straight after Isha & Taraweeh prayers, or delayed until just before going to sleep. The best time to pray Tahajjud is to sleep first and then wake up to pray in the last third portion of the night or just before Fajr begins. So you calculate how many hours there are from Maghrib up until Fajr and divide the hours by 3 and pray in the third part of the night.

21. It is recommended to pray between 2-12 Raka’a of Tahajjud prayer. It is better to pray at least 8 Raka'a's. One should recite as much Qur’an as one knows in each Raka’a and make long Ruku and prostrations (Sajda).

22. At the time of Tahajjud Dua’s are readily accepted, so it is the best opportunity for one to make long, sincere and intense Dua’s, asking of Allah, crying if one can as Allah tends to his slave who cries in Dua quicker, just as a mother tends quickly to its crying baby. But the love that Allah has for his slave is far more than a mother does for it's child.

Repentance

Allah is the most gracious most merciful. He says in the Qur'an:

"Do not despair of Allah's mercy; He will forgive you of all your sins".
Qur'an (39:53).

Ramadan is the month of mercy and therfore the best time to beg and ask of Allah for forgiveness.

23. Do as much Isthighfar (repentance) as possible from awakening in the morning up until sleeping at night. For Allah loves those who repent much and ask of him for his mercy and forgiveness. Especially in the latter part of the night when most are deep in their sleep. He loves to forgive and finds every excuse to forgive his slaves. Therefore ask of Allah for forgiveness as much as possible.

24. The following dua should be recited as much as possible during Ramadan particularly the last 10 nights of Ramadan:

Aisha (RA) said: I asked the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam): 'O Messenger of Allah, if I know what night is the night of Qadr, what should I say during it?' He said Say:

"Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee

Trans: 'Say: O Allah, You are pardoning & You love to pardon, so pardon me.' " (Ahmad, Ibn Majah, & Tirmidhi).

25. One should also recite much of the following Dua: Asthaghfirullah halladhee laa ilaaha ilallahuwal hayyul qayyumu wa athubu ilay

I seek forgiveness from Allah besides whom there is none worthy of worship, the living, the Sustainer of life and to Him I repent. (Tirmidhi-Vol.2, pg.177)

26. Seeking forgiveness for every believer will earn a reward for every believer we ask Allah to forgive: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Whoever seeks forgiveness for the believing men and believing women, Allah will write for him a good deed for each believing man and believing woman.” (Tabarani)

27. Let us not be of those who pass by Ramadan without gaining any forgiveness:

The Prophet (sallahu’ ‘alaihi wasallam) said: ...the angel Jibra’il appeared before me and said: Destruction to him who found the blessed month of Ramadan and let it pass by without gaining forgiveness...’ Upon that I said: ‘Amin.’ (Al-Bukhari, Al-Tabrani)

We should ask of Allah to accept all of our good deeds & efforts throughout Ramadan & be hopeful that Allah will accept it from us. We should also have FULL hope that Allah will accept our Dua’s if not in this world then in the hereafter. We should accept his decree for he knows best in all matters.

Dua (Supplication)

Ramadan is one of the best times of the year to make sincere Dua. Therefore one should not miss out on the opportunity to make long sincere dua's begging of Allah for mercy and forgiveness.

28. To abstain from haraam (forbidden) food, clothing and earnings. (Muslim, Tirmidhi) as doing haraam will prevent ones Dua being accepted

29. To make Wudu before the Dua (All six major Hadith collections)

30. To make Dua with sincerity. In other words, one should firmly believe that nobody but Allah will fulfil his objectives. (Hakim)

31. Try to cry whilst making Dua to Allah as he attends to his servants quicker when they are crying with meekness and humility just as a mother tends to her baby quickly when it cries out for its mother. If one cannot cry then one must at least try and simulate the act of crying.

32. Do not be impatient with the acceptance of Dua’s. In other words, don't say: "I've made Dua repeatedly but to no avail." (Bukhari, Muslim)

33. The times when Dua's are most accepted during Ramadan are:

1. The third portion of the night shortly before sehri ends. 2. Whilst fasting. 3. Between Asr & Maghrib. 4. Just before fast opens. 5. On Jumma before & after khutba. 6. Between Adhan & Iqamah. 7. Whilst raining. 8. After Qur'an recitation. 9. The Night of Qadr

Travel

34. When leaving home on the commencement of a journey one should read the following dua:

Bismillaahi thawakkalthu alallahi wala hawla wala quwatha illah billah

“In the name of Allah, I trust in Allah, there is no power and might except from Allah”. (Mishkaat)

35. When one boards any vehicle, he should read: “Bismillah”:- In the name of Allah

36. When seated one should read: - Alhamdulillah”:- All praise be to Allah

Thereafter one should read the following dua:

Subhaanalladhee sakharalana haadhaa wamaa kunnaa lahu muqrineen wa innaa ilaa rabinaa lamun qaliboon

Purity belongs to Allah, who has subjected this conveyance for us and we were not capable of controlling it and surely to our sustainer we are to return” (Mishkaat)

37. Then one should say the following three times:

Alhamdulillah: - All praise be to Allah

Allaahu Akbar: - Allah is the greatest

Laa ilaaha ilallah: - There is no worthy of worship except Allah

38. Then follow this with dua of repentance:-

Subhaanaka innee dhalamtu nafsee fa’ghfirlee innahu laa yaghfirudhunuba illaa anth

Purity belongs to You. Surely I have wronged myself so forgive me. Indeed none forgives sins besides You. (Mishkaat)

39. When one ascends or attempts to reach any height then one should say: “Allaahu Akbar”:- Allah is the greatest.

40. When descending from any height then one should say: “Subhaanallah”:- Purity belongs to Allah.

41. When one slips or experiences an accident they should say: “Laa ilaaha ilallaahu wallaahu akbar”:- There is no worthy of worship except Allah he is the greatest. (Hisnul Hasin)

42. Always do the Dua's of leaving/entering the house. When leaving the house:

Bismillaahi, tawakkaltu 'alallaahi, wa laa hawla wa laa quwwata ‘illaa billaah.

In the Name of Allah, I have placed my trust in Allah; there is no might and no power except by Allah.
(Abu Dawud 4/325, At-Tirmidhi 5/490)

43. When entering one's home then greet the occupants with salaam and recite the following du'aa:

Bismillaahi walajnaa, wa bismillaahi kharajnaa, wa 'alaaRabblnaa tawakkalnaa

In the Name of Allah we enter, in the Name of Allah we leave, and upon our Lord we depend [then say Asalaamu 'Alaikum to those present].

One should mention the Name of Allah upon entering the home and when beginning to eat; and that the devil, hearing this, says: "There is no shelter for us here tonight and no food." (Abu Dawud 4/325. Muslim {Hadith no. 2018)

Greeting the family or occupants of the home when entering or leaving the house is a means of great reward. The person who enters the home with salaam is under the protection of Allah (Abu Dawud) and when one enters and does not remember Allah (By saying salaam) then Shaythaan invites his followers to the home saying “you have accommodation for the night”” by saying salaam to the family that person and their family receives blessings (Abu Dawood) Even if no one is at home then by saying salaam the angels greet one back.

45. On entering a market / shopping centre recite the following:

Laa ilaaha illallaahu wahdahu Laa shareeka lahu, lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu yuhyee wa yumeetu wa huwa hayyul Laa yamootu, biyadihil khayr wa huwa alaa kulli shay'in qadeer

There is no deity except Allah, the Only One. He has no partner. To Him belongs all kingdom and to Him belongs all praise. He is the One who gives life and death. And He is Ever-living and no death comes to Him. In His Hand lies all good and He has power over everything.

It is reported in a Hadith that for reciting these words, Allah will record one million good deeds, forgive one million sins, elevate the status a million times and build a house for him in Jannah. (Mishkaat)

Masjid

It is disliked for men to pray at home without any excuse: Abu Hurairah (Ra) reports that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "By Him in whose hand is my soul! I have considered ordering a fire to be kindled and then ask someone to lead the people in Salaah. And then go to the men [who did not attend the prayer] and burn their houses over them." (Bukhari & Muslim)

46. Men should strive to pray every Fard Salaah at the Masjid as the Salaah is rewarded 27 times or more and each step is rewarded. Women get the same reward for praying at home.

Note: During Ramadan these rewards are increased by 70 times or more.

47. For more reward & also to increase blessings in ones home Men should pray Sunnah’s and Nawafil prayers at home. If one knows one will get lazy at home then one should pray the Sunnah’s & Nawafils at the Masjid.

48. Make Wudu at home and then walk to the Masjid by taking smaller steps or going the longest way to the Masjid as one is rewarded for each step:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "Whoever purifies in his house and walks to the mosque to perform obligatory prayer, his steps are counted as one expiates a sin and the other raises his rank" (Muslim)

49. Upon entering the Masjid:

To recite durood upon entering (Ibn Majah, Faydhul Qadeer)

Then recite:

Allaahummnaftah lee abwaaba rahmati

Oh Allah! Open the Doors of Your Mercy for me. (Ibn Majah)

On leaving the Masjid recite:

Allaah-humma In-nee As`aluka Min Fadhlika.

O Allaah, I seek of You Your Grace. (Nas'ai)

50 . Always pray 2 Raka’a Tahiyyatul Masjid on arrival at the Masjid:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “When one of you enters the Masjid, let him not sit until he prays two Raka’a’s”. (Bukhari and Muslim).

51. Always take care to respect the Adaab (etiquette) of the Masjid)

52. On entering Masjid Always make intention of Nawafil I’thikaaf and one will be rewarded for the duration of the stay at the Masjid even if it's for a short while.

53. Strive to pray every prayer in the front row:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “If the people knew what (reward) there is in the call (Adhan) and praying in the first row, and there was no other way to settle the matter than drawing lots, then they would draw lots for it”. (Bukhari and Muslim)

54. Care should be taken that the rows are straightened when praying with congregation

Adhan/Iqaamah

55. Upon Hearing the Call to Prayer (Adhaan):

First send blessings and salutations (Salawat) upon the Messenger of Allah
(Muslim Vol.1 pg.166)

Then recite the following:

Allahumma Rabbi Haadhi idda’ wathithaama waswalaathil qaa ima aathi Muhammadawaseelatha walfadeelah wab ‘as hoo maqaa mammahmooda nilladhi wa atha [innaka laa thukh liful mee ‘aad]

O Allah, Lord of this perfect call and established prayer, grant Muhammad a place near to You, an excellence and exalted degree, and raise him to the praiseworthy station that You have promised him. (Al-Bukhari 1/152 and the addition between brackets is from Al-Bayhaqi 1/410 with a good (Hasan) chain of narration).

56. Whoever recites this dua will gain the intercession of the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) on the Day of Judgement. (Bukhari)

57. By reciting this dua, the intercession of Prophet Mohammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) becomes Waajib (Compulsory). (Mishkaat)

Replying to Iqaamah:

58. It is Musthahab (Preferrable) to reply to the Iqaamah by repeating the same words similar to that of the Adhaan however in reply to “Qad qaamatis salaah” one should say:

Aqaamahallahu Wa adaamaha

“May Allah establish and perpetuate this Salah” (Abu Dawood)

59. When reading Fard Salaat at home it is preferable to say Iqaamah even if you’re praying on your own.

Note: Dua’s are readily accepted between Azaan and Iqaamah so this precious time should be spent in dua and Dhikr.

Women on menses

60. Women on their menses can still gain the same rewards in Ramadan as men if not more by: Doing excessive Dhikr, making sincere Dua and repentance, listening to Qur'an, reading Islamic books, tafseer, seerah, listening to lectures, pondering and contemplating over the greatness of Allah, Sadaqa and giving in charity, looking after their family,partner,children and relatives, serving their parents, giving dawah, doing charitable work and helping their local communities etc.

Praying Nawafil (voluntary) prayers

What better way of drawing closer to Allah than by praying the voluntary prayers:

Allah says in Hadith Qudsi:

....And My slave keeps on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil (voluntary deeds) until I love him,
[Bukhari]

During Ramadan every Nawafil prayed is the Reward of praying a Fard Salaah:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Whoever draws near to Allaah during it (Ramadaan) with a single characteristic from the characteristics of (voluntary) goodness, he is like whoever performs an obligatory act in other times. And whoever performs an obligatory act during it, he is like whoever performed seventy obligatory acts in other times.” Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah, no. 1887.

Want the company of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) in Jannah:

Rabi'ah Ibn Malik al-Aslami reported that the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam) said: "Ask (anything)." Rabi'ah (Ra) said: "I ask of you to be your companion in paradise." The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "Or anything else?" Rabi'ah (Ra) said: "That is it." The Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam) said to him: "Then help me by making many prostrations (i.e., Nawafil prayers)." (Muslim)

A palace in Paradise for those who pray 12 units of voluntary prayers everyday: - 2 Sunnah of Fajr, 4 Sunnah & 2 Sunnah of Dhuhr & 2 Sunnah of Maghrib

Umm Habibah Ramilah bint Abu Sufyan (RA) narrated she heard the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) saying: “A house will be built in Paradise for every Muslim who offers twelve units of Prayers other than the obligatory ones in day & night, to seek pleasure of Allah.” (Muslim)

We should try to make the best of every opportunity we have in our day, in order to do Nawafil (voluntary) prayers for it will help us in the grave and in the hereafter and it will make us closer to Allah and enable us to be in the company of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) in Jannah.

Food and drink

The Prophet never ate to his fill:
The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) never ate to his fill. He only ate if he was hungry. He emphasised that one third of the stomach should be for food and another for water and the other for the stomach itself. (Tirmidhi & Ibn Majah)

61. To spread cloth on the floor to lay food on (Bukhari)

62. To wash hands and gargle before eating (Tirmidhi)

63. To make intention that, “I am eating to gain strength for Allah’s Ibaadah (Worship)”. (Attargheeb)

Note:
By making good intentions like the above then eating and drinking becomes a worship

64. To say Bismillah loud (Bukhari, Muslim- Shami, Vol.5)

Note: This is so as to remind others who are also eating to say it as well.

65. To eat with the right hand (Bukhari, Muslim)

66. When taking food and when giving to someone then the right hand should be used. (Ibn Majah)

67. The one who is most pious or senior from those eating should be made to commence eating first. (Muslim- Vol.2 pg. 171)

68. To eat together and not individually (Abu Dawud)

69. The more people eating together then the greater the blessings and reward. (Mishkaat)

70. If only one type of food is in the utensil, eat from the side in front of you. (Bukhari, Muslim)

71. If two or more people are eating together from the same plate then each person should eat that food which is closest to them, it is incorrect to eat that food which is in the middle or in front of others. (Tirmidhi)

72. If a variety of dishes are served then it is permissible to partake in any of the dishes one wishes to have and leave alone that which he does not want to partake in without passing any remarks. (Tirmidhi)

73. If a morsel falls, pick it up, clean it and eat it. (Muslim)

74. Any fallen crumbs or pieces of food should be picked up and eaten and not left for Shaythaan. (Ibn Majah)

75. Do not lean and eat as Rasulallah never leaned on anything whilst eating. (Bukhari, Abu Dawood)

76. Do not find fault with the food. (Bukhari, Muslim)

77. If a big chunk of meat is served then it is permissible to cut it with a knife (Bukhari, Muslim)

78. Whilst eating if a visitor comes then he should be requested to partake in the meals (Muslim)

79. Small pieces of meat should not be cut with a knife but with the teeth as this aid with digestion (Tirmidhi)

80. Steaming food which is too hot should not be eaten until it has cooled down (Ahmad)

81. Do not blow onto food (Tirmidhi)

82. To have vinegar and honey in the house is Sunnah (Tirmidhi)

83. Always be satisfied and content with whatever quantity or quality of food Allah has given us as it is a bounty from Allah (Malik)

84. Remove the shoes while eating. (Mishkaat)

85. When eating, sit either with both knees raised and the posterior on the ground or by raising one knee and keeping the other on the ground. A third posture is to sit with both knees on the ground (as in the position of Qa’dah) and lean forward to eat. (Mirqaat- commentary of Mishkaat)

86. If one can easily eat with three fingers then he should do so and not unnecessarily use the fourth, so the extra fingers should be used only if needed (Attargheeb)

87. To recite the following dua before eating:

Bismilllaahi wa ‘alaa barakathillah

“In the name of Allah and with the blessings of Allah”. (Abu Dawud)

88. If one forgets to read Bismillah before eating then once they remember then they should recite:

Bismillaahi awwalahu wa aakhirahu

In the name of Allah at the beginning and until the end of it (Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud)

89. Clean the plate and other eating utensils thoroughly after eating. The utensils will then make dua for one’s forgiveness. (Ibn Majah)

90. When eating together one should stay and accompany the slower eaters but if this is not possible then one can excuse one self after finishing eating. (Ibn Majah)

91. If several people are eating dates and grapes or something similar then they should not take in two’s except for the permission of their companions. (Bukhari)

92. To remove worms from dates, fruits etc before eating it. (Abu Dawud)

93. If a servant has cooked the food then he should be requested to eat with the group or at least separately. (Ibn Majah)

94. To lick the fingers after eating. (Muslim)

95. The middle finger should be licked first followed by the index and finally the thumb, the little finger and ring fingers should be licked. (Tabarani)

96. Recite the following dua after eating:

Alhamdulilahiladhi ath ‘amanaa wasaqaana waja’lanaa minal muslimeen.

All praise is due to Allah who has granted us food and drink and has made us Muslims. (Tirmidhi, Abu Dawood, Ibn Majah)

97. Wash both hands. (Tirmidhi, Abu Dawood)

98. Gargle the mouth. (Bukhari)

99. The habit of gargling water together with washing hands after meals is a source of great blessings. (Ibn Majah)

100. Invocation for someone who gives you a drink or offers it to you:

Allaahumma 'at'im man 'at'amanee wasqi man saqaanee.

O Allah feed the one who has fed me and drink to the one who has given me drink. (Muslim 3/126)

102. When dining at someone’s house then the following dua should be made for them:

Allaahumma baarik lahum feemaa razaqthahum waghfirlahum war hamhum

Oh Allah bless them in what You have given them to eat and forgive them and be merciful to them. (Muslim)

103. It is Sunnah to partake of some vinegar: That house in which vinegar is found will not be regarded as empty of gravy. (Ibn Majah)

104. Using Barley is Sunnah: If a person uses only wheat (to make his bread), he should also add a little barley so as to get the Sawaab (reward) of acting on a Sunnah. (Bukhari 7:71:593)

105. To eat meat is Sunnah: It is reported in a Hadith that the most superior food of this world and the hereafter is meat. (Jaamia Sageer - Vol.2, pg. 34)

106. To accept the invitation of one’s fellow Muslim is a Sunnah. (Abu Dawood)

Note: However if (the major portion of) his income is from interest, bribery or any other haraam source, then his invitation should not be accepted.

107. It is Sunnah to give food to the family of the deceased. (Ibn Majah)

108. Never eat with left hand:

Jabir (Ra) Narrated the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Do not eat with your left hand for Shaytaan eats with his left hand,” (Muslim)

109. Never waste food:

Jabir (Ra) Narrated the Prophet commanded us never to waste food, because food that we waste is eaten by Shaytaan. He (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:“The Shaytaan is present with everyone of you in everything he does; he is even present when he eats food, so if any on of you drops a mouthful, he should remove away anything filthy on it and eat it and not leave it for the devil; and when he finished, he should lick his fingers for he does not know in what portion of his food the blessing ties.” (Muslim)

110. Never overfill your stomach:

Ibn Umar (Ra) Narrated the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “A Believer eats in one intestine, whereas a non-believer eats in seven intestines,” (Muslim)

Note:Therefore it is not for us to eat untill we are completely satiated; rather we should eat so much that the hunger goes but there is still room for more and to breathe properly.

111. Thank Allah abundantly for providing us with food:

We have an excellent opportunity to transform an everyday practice of eating and drinking into an act of worship and a source of blessing for us. Every mouthful of food we take will serve as a reminder of Allah’s great favour upon us and His Mercy and this in turn will cause us to earn favour with Allah, for the Prophet said:

Annas (Ra) narrated that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Indeed Allah is pleased with His servant who, when he eats a morsel, praises Him for it, or drinks a sip and then praises Him for it.” (Muslim)

Sunnah’s of drink

112. To recite Bismillah- “In the name of Allah”- before drinking and Alhamdulillah- All praise be to Allah”- after drinking (Bukhari, Tirmidhi)

113. Drink with the right hand as Shaythaan drinks with the left hand. (Muslim)

114. Sit and drink as it is forbidden to drink whilst standing (Muslim)

115. To stand and drink Zamzam water and water left over after making Wudhu (Tirmidhi)

Note: It is far better to sit whilst drinking water but Zamzam should be drunk standing.

116. Drink in three breathes (Sips) and after each sip take away utensil from mouth. (Muslim, Tirmidhi)

117. Avoid drinking from the side of the utensil which is chipped (Abu Dawud)

118. Do not drink directly from the chipped, the spout of a jug or from any such utensil from which the water gushes out very quickly (causing one to choke) or from such a utensil in which there is a possibility that a snake or scorpion etc. may have crept in. (Bukhari, Muslim)

119. The person who serves others should himself take last. (Tirmidhi)

120. After drinking from the utensil if the water is to be passed then let it be passed from the right who will pass it to his right and the procedure will continue till the end (Bukhari, Muslim)

Note: The same sequence can be applied when passing around Tea or anything else

121. The following dua to be recited after drinking Milk:

Allaahummah baarik lanaa feehi wazid lanaa minhu

Oh Allah grant us abundance in it (The Milk) and increase it for us. (Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud)

122. After drinking water the following should be recited:

Alhamdu lillaahiladhee saqaana ‘adhban foraathan birahmathihee walam yaj’alhoo milhan ujaajan bidhunu binaa

All praise is due to Allah who gave us fresh, sweet water to drink through his mercy and did not make it salty or bitter due to our sins. (Roohul Ma’ani, pg.149, 27[SUP]th[/SUP] chapter)

Continued

The_truth

Suhoor (the pre-dawn meal):

Suhoor is the name for the food taken at late night before Fajr. Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) ordered taking the meal of suhoor saying, "The distinction between our fasting and the fasting of the People of Book is the taking of the pre-dawn meal (suhoor)." [Saheeh Muslim (1096)]

The Excellence of Suhoor is that it is a blessing from Allah: A companion of Allah's Messenger said, "I entered upon the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) and he was taking the suhoor and he said to me, "It is a blessing which Allah has given to you, so do not leave it." [(Saheeh) Ahmad (5/270) and An-Nisa'ee (4/145)] The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) also said, "Take Suhoor as there is a blessing in it." [Agreed upon]

Even drinking a cup of water instead of a meal for Suhoor has blessings, for, it implies obeying the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) and following his Sunnah. Furthermore, Suhoor adds to the physical health, and provides the essential nutrition and strength to sustain the body during the long tiring hours of the day. [See, Fatawa as-Siyam, p.40]

123. The best form of Suhoor is dates: The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: "How excellent are dates as the believer's suhoor." [(Abu Dawood (2/303)]

124. Delaying Suhoor is a Sunnah: The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said, "The people will remain on the right path as long as they hasten the Iftar (breaking the fast) and delay taking Suhoor." [Abu-Dawood]

125. Dua for intending to fast:

Wa bi-sawmi ghadin nawaytu min shahri ramadan

I intend to keep the fast for tomorrow in the month of Ramadan [Abu Dawud]

Note: Whilst one is making intention to fast it is also a brilliant opportunity for us to correct our intentions regarding the fast and to make more good intentions so that we may be rewarded more for our fasting.

Remember: To start eating and drinking with the name of Allah and ending with thanking Allah.

Not to overfill ourselves during Ramadan

Ramadan is a time that we learn self discpline and control. Therefore we should never overfill ourselves too much whether it is at Suhoor and especially after Iftaar as doing so will have a detrimental affect on not only our health but also our worship as it will make us lazy and find it difficult to wake up or even stay up during the blessed nights of Qadr. It is difficult for many as it is a tradition in many cultures to overfill the tables at Iftaar times with a whole array of foods much of which is oily and unhealthy.

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "The son of Adam does not fill any vessel worse than his stomach. It is sufficient for the son of Adam to eat a few morsels to keep him alive. If he must fill it, then one-third for his food, one-third for his drink, and one-third for air." (al-Tirmidhi)
Not only is it bad for the bodily health of an individual, overeating is equally bad, rather worse, for his spiritual health and wellbeing, as well as for his hereafter.

Abu Juhayfah (Ra) said: "A man burped in the presence of the Messenger of Allaah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and he said: "Keep your burps away from us, for the one who eats his fill the most in this world will be hungry for the longest time on the Day of Resurrection." (al-Tabaraani)

Ibrahim ibn Adham (Ra) said: "Any one who controls his stomach is in control of his deen, and anyone who controls his hunger is in control of good behavior.. Disobedience towards Allah is nearest to a person who is satiated with a full stomach, and furthest away from a person who is hungry."

The Ulama enumerate multiple benefits of eating in moderation. Eating less keeps the body healthy and light, keeps the heart soft, increases memory, weakens desires, and disciplines the soul while excessive eating brings about the opposite of these praiseworthy qualities..

Haatim al-Taa'iy (Ra) said: "If you give your stomach and your private part what they ask for, you will end up regretting it." (Fath al-Baari)

Therefore we should aim to eat smaller portions but more regularly like every couple of hours. Like for example we can eat small portion at Iftaar and another before Taraweeh and another after Taraweeh or before sleeping. That way our bodys will be able to digest the food more efficiently and we will not feel bloated. By controlling our portionsizes we will remain fully energized throughout the blessed month of Ramadan and be able to do more worship than if we overfilled ourselves too much. We cannot let anything get in the way of doing good deeds, for in the hereafter when we see the potential good deeds we missed out on, especially during Ramadan, then we will be in eternal utter regret. So now is the time to take action.

Fajr Salaah

126. Every Fard prayer must be prayed on time. Pray every prayer like it is your last fully concentrating (khushu) imagining Allah in front of you watching you pray.

127. Men should try their best to pray Fajr with jamaat (congregation) and women get the same reward praying at home.

Reward for praying Isha and Fajr with congregation: Usman (Ra) has reported that he heard the Prophet, (Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam) say: "The person who observes the Isha prayer in congregation, will have the reward and blessings of staying up half the night in prayer, and the one who observes the Fajr prayer in congregation will have the reward and blessings of staying up the whole night in prayer." (Tirmidhi)

128. The time between Fajr and sunrise is blessed, so after the Fajr prayer remain seated and recite the Qur’an, Dhikr and make Dua up until 20 minutes after Sunrise, then pray 2x2 Raka’a (4 Raka’a altogether) of Salaatul Duha and gain rewards like having done Nafil Hajj/Umra (Tirmidhi).

129. Read Surah Yaasin after Fajr:

The Hadith mentioned by ‘Ataa bin Abi Rabaah (Ra) states that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Whosoever recites Surah Yaasin in the early part of the day his needs will be fulfilled.” (Mishkaat, Page 189)

Another Hadith states: The fire of Jahannam will not touch the person who reads 4 Raka’a’s of Salaatul Duha (Baihaqi)

Note: It is forbidden to pray any voluntary (Nawafil) prayer after Fajr up until 20 minutes after Sunrise.

130. When the sun rises then say this dua:

Alhamdulillaa-hilladhee aqaalana yawmanaa haadhaa walam yuh-liknaa bidhunoobinaa

All praise is to Allah who has granted us this day and did not destroy us because of our misdeeds. (Muslim)

Sunnah’s, Adkhar and Dua's after the completion of Salaah

131. After the completion of Fard Salaah to read “Allaahu Akbar” once followed by “Asthaghfirullah” three times with the last Asthaghfirullah read a bit audibly and also dragged (pulled) slightly. (Tirmidhi)

132. After the Fard of Fajr and Asr to engage in the remembrance of Allah for a short period. (Attargheeb)

133. The Malaaikah (Angels) continuously make dua’s of forgiveness and mercy for those who after their daily Salaah remain seated at the place of Salaah. (Attargheeb)

134. It has been reported from A’isha (Ra) that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) used to sit as long at it takes to say:

ALLAHUM-MA ANTAS-SALAM WA-MINKAS-SALAM

O Allah, You are the Author of peace and from You comes peace.

TABARAKTA YA-DHALJALALI WAL-IKRAM

Blessed are you, O Lord of Majesty and Honour.

Then he used to stand up to perform his Sunnah.' (Muslim, Abu Dawud, and Tirmidhi)

135. Also recite the following:

Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer, Allaahumma laa maard'a limaa 'a'tayta, wa laa mu'tiya limaa mana'ta, wa laa yanfa'u thal-jaddi minkal-jadd.

None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, He has no partner, His is the dominion and His is the praise, and He is Able to do all things. O Allah, there is none who can withhold what You give, and none may give what You have withheld; and the might of the mighty person cannot benefit him against You. (Al-Bukhari 1/255, Muslim 1/414)

136. It is also recommended to recite 33 times Subhaanallah, 33 times Alhamdulillah, 33 times Allaahu Akbar

and the following once:

Laa ilaaha illallaahu wahdahu Laa shareeka lahu, lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu yuhyee wa yumeetu wa huwa hayyul Laa yamootu, biyadihil khayr wa huwa alaa kulli shay'in qadeer

“There is no deity except Allah, the Only One. He has no partner. To Him belongs all kingdoms and to Him belongs all praise. He is the One who gives life and death. And He is Ever-living and no death comes to Him. In His Hand lies all good and He has power over everything.”

It is mentioned in a hadith that whoever recites the above after every salaah his sins will be forgiven if they are as much as the foam of the ocean. (Muslim)

137. Whoever recites the following after every prayer will be forgiven for his sins (Minor sins) even though they be as the foam of the sea:

Subhaanallaahi, walhamdu lillaahi wallaahu ‘Akbar, - 33 times followed by:

Laa ‘ilaaha ‘illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku Wa lahul-hamduwaHuwa’alaakullishay’inQadeer.

“Glory is to Allah , and praise is to Allah , and Allah is the Most Great (each said thirty-three times). None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, He has no partner, His is the dominion and His is the praise and He is Able to do all things.” (Muslim 1/418)

138. It is also recommended to recite Sura al-Ikhlaas (112), Sura al-Falaq (113) and al-Naas (114) (Reported by al-Tirmidhi) and Ayat al-Kursi. (Reported by Al-Nasai)

139. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "Whoever recites Aayat ul Kursi after every Fard (Fard Salaat). Only death is keeping him/her from entering Jannah. (As soon as he/she dies, will enter Jannah) (Nisa'i, Ibn Hibbaan, Ibnelsani A'n Abi Amatah Albahili )

140. Another Hadith states that Reciting Ayat ul Kursi after one Fard (Fard Salaat) will cause a person to stay in Allah's protection until the next Salaat. (Tibrani Fil Kabeer)

Allaahu laa 'ilaaha 'illaa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyoom, laa ta'khuthuhu sinatun wa laa nawm, lahu maa fis-samaawaati wa maafil-'ardh, man thal-lathee yashfa'u 'indahu 'illaa bi'ithnih, ya'lamu maa bayna 'aydeehim wa maa khalfahum, wa laa yuheetoona bishay'im-min 'ilmihi 'illaa bimaa shaa'a, wasi'a kursiyyuhus-samaawaati wal'ardh, wa laa ya'ooduhu hifdhuhumaa, wa Huwal-'Aliyyul- 'Adheem.

Allah! There is none worthy of worship but He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Throne extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great. (Recite in Arabic after each prayer.) (An-Nisaa’i, 'Amalul-Yawm wal-Laylah (Hadith no. 100))

141. Recite the following after Fajr prayer:

Allaahumma 'innee 'as'aluka 'ilman naafi'an, wa rizqan tayyiban, wa 'amalan mutaqabbalan.

O Allah, I ask You for knowledge that is of benefit, a good provision, and deeds that will be accepted. (Ibn Majah and others)

142. To recite after Fajr and Maghrib prayers: Muslim Taimi (Ra) narrates from the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) to recite the following seven times before speaking to anyone:

Allaahumma Ajirnee minannaar

"O Allah, save me from the fire (Jahannam)."

If a person recites the above dua and dies the same night, he will be saved from Jahannam and if he recites it seven times after Fajr Salaat before speaking to anyone and if he dies on that same day, he will be saved from Jahannam. (Mishkaat from Abu Dawood)

143. ‘Abd-Allah Ibn ‘Amr (Ra) who said: “The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: ‘There are two qualities, no Muslim man acquires them but he will enter Paradise, and they are simple and easy. He should glorify Allah (say Subhaanallah) ten times immediately after each prayer, and praise Him (say Alhamdulillah) ten times and magnify Him (say Allaahu Akbar) ten times.’ I saw The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) counting this on his fingers. He said: ‘that makes one hundred and fifty on the tongue and one thousand five hundred (hasanaat) in the scales… (Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 3332)

Note: Each of three phrases repeated ten times makes thirty; multiplied by the number of daily prayers, which is five, makes one hundred and fifty. Each of these good deeds of the tongue will be rewarded with ten hasanaat and during Ramadan that is further multiplied by 70 or more, which will be added to the total of good deeds to be weighed in the balance or scales on the Day of Judgment.

144. There are also many other Dhikr’s and invocations that may be recited. It is best to do that which one can do consistently, because, as the Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) told us, “The most beloved of actions to Allah are those its performer is constant on, even if little.” [Bukhari and Muslim] This is because such actions transform a person’s life if done persistantly.

Note: The time after completion of the five daily salaah is also a time when dua’s are readily accepted by Allah. Hence this opportunity to seek from Allah should be realised.

Earn livelihood/studying and learning after Fajr

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) made a very beautiful Dua for the Ummah for blessings in the mornings: 'O Allah, bless my Ummah in the mornings.' (Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah)

So the mornings are blessed and should be spent being productive:

145. Going out and earning a halal livelihood.

146. Quran Memorization/Recitation: The mind is at its freshest at this time and is like a sponge. So one should aim to memorize as much of the Qur’an as one can. At least one Ayah daily.

One can also read some Tafsir, by learning the meanings of at least one page of the Quran daily. One should also memorize daily Dua’s and Adhkar.

147. Reading Islamic material: like Hadith books, Stories of the Prophets, Seerah, Hereafter etc..

Planning and Monitoring Daily Worship

148. One of the best ways to maximize our daily worship throughout Ramadan is to plan & schedule our time so that we spend it as effectively and productively as possible. By setting ourselves daily worship targets we can strive to try and achieve them everyday.

Below is a link for a Ramadan Worship check where one can monitor andcheck their daily worship and at the end of each day set targets for the next day & monitor & schedule daily worship.

http://www.sunnimedia.co.uk/media/forums/100464477-Ramadan-Worship-Checklist.pdf

Avoiding distractions

149. Ramadan is a very important and precious time and the worst thing that can happen is that we get distracted by things which will not benefit us in this world or the next. There will be many things getting in our way & distracting us from our worship. But we must take all necessary precautions & measures in order to avoid any possible distractions.

The first thing we must do is to avoid major distractions like TV for a month or at least as much as possible. Putting away games consoles. If we meet with friends then not getting into useless & idle discussions. Not going to places like the mall or high street's unless it is absolutely necessary.

We must also not spend hours on end cooking a table full of food every single day for Iftaar for this is contrary to the purpose of Ramadan. We should spend as little time as possible on things other than worship. We should fulfill our daily duties as quickly as possible & spend as much time as possible in worshiping Allah.

Salaatul Duha

Charity due by every one of us each morning:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallim) stated: In the morning charity is due from every bone in the body of every one of you. Every utterance of Allah’s glorification is an act of charity (Subhan Allah). Every utterance of praise of Him is an act of charity (Alhamdulillah), every utterance of profession of His Oneness is an act of charity (Laa ilaha ill Allah), every utterance of profession of His Greatness is an act of charity (Allahu Akbar), enjoining good is an act of charity, forbidding what is distreputable is an act of charity, and two rak’ahs which one prays in the forenoon will suffice. [Muslim]

150. Always strive to Pray Salaatul Duha everyday from 20 minutes after sunrise up until 20 minutes before Dhuhr begins. It is between 2 - 12 Raka’a. It is preferable to perform at least 8. (Raddul Mukhtaar vol.1 pg.505)

151. Praying 2 Raka'a's: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: ‘whoever offers 2 Raka’a’s of Salaat al-Dhuha, all his sins will be forgiven even though they are as much as the foam of the sea.' (Ibid)

152. Praying 12 Raka'a's: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: ‘whoever prayed twelve Raka’a’s at the time of breakfast then Allah will, as a reward, prepare a palace of gold for him in Paradise. (Mishkaat, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah)

Note: Therefore we should strive to pray at least 2 raka'ah from 20 minutes after sunrise all the way up until 20 minutes before Dhuhur begins.

Afternoon

Dhuhr Salaah

153. To pray Dhuhur on time. Men should pray Dhuhr at the Masjid.

154. Always pray the 4 Raka’a and 2 Raka’a Sunnah and 2 Raka’a Nafil of Dhuhr: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is reported to have said: "Whoever performs the four Raka’a’s before and after the Dhuhr Salaat with constancy, Allah makes the fire of Hell haraam (forbidden) for him." (Mishkaat, p. 104; Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Nasai, Ibn Majah)

Taking a Short nap (Qayloolah) before or after Dhuhr

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Take the noon nap, for the Shaytaan does not nap.” (Tabarani)

155. If one is not occupied then one can fulfil a very beneficial Sunnah which is to take a short nap before or after Dhuhr which should around 20 minutes and no more than 30 minutes. Our righteous Ulama (Scholars) have taken this Sunnah very seriously, as it is one of the tested means that assist in getting up for night vigil (Tahajjud) prayer.

Note: Having a short nap in the afternoon energizes one throughout the day because in the afternoon the average person would have had upto 8 hours of being awake and so having a short nap will give one a much needed energy boost throughout the rest of the day. A short nap may also help in aking up for Tahajjud prayers in the latter part of the night.

Dawah

156. Ramadan is a wonderful time to invite others towards Allah as our harts are more softened during this blessed month and therefore we will have a better affect on others. Therefore we must make the best of this opportunity to invite others towards Allah. Throughout the day every opportunity we get, we should do our utmost to give dawah (invite to Allah) and enjoin good and forbid evil as is our duty as Muslims. We should invite Muslims and non Muslims towards Allah and approach them in the best manner possible showing good character, manners and etiquette. For the best character is the best dawah.

There are many different means to give Dawah, such as weekly text message Islamic reminders, Islamic E mail reminders once a month, Online Dawah on the internet through forums and social network sites.

We can also give dawah to people we know or have in our phone books, by first calling them and seeing how they are and then inviting them towards Allah. We can also give dawah to whoever we come across in our daily lives that we may know or don't know (of the same gender of course).

Remember: Just one good word is the difference between a person gaining guidance and the rest of our lives we gain the rewards of every good deed they do without their rewards being diminished in the slightest.

Greet Muslims where ever you are

Ramadan is a time where we are more likely to come across Muslims more often than usual and so we will have more opportunities to meet and greet fellow Muslims and gain immense rewards in doing so.

157. Greet another Muslim whom you know and don’t know with: Asalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullaahi Wabarakaathuh: “Peace, mercy and blessings of Allah descend upon you”

The person who greets first without waiting for the other person to greet is closer to Allah (Bukhari).

158. Greet your brother with a smile: "Never belittle anything from good deeds even if you meet your brother with a smiling face." (Muslim, 6690)

Serve your parents

159. Serving ones parents is among the best of deeds:

A man came to the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) and said: “I wish to participate in Jihaad, but I cannot afford it” The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) enquired if any of his parents were alive, to which he said: “Yes! My mother is alive” The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: “Show Allah how your serve her. If you do so (duly) you will be like a: Haaji, a Mu’tamir (one doing ‘Umrah) and a Mujaahid (One striving in Allah’s way).” (Tabarani)

160. Look for every excuse to serve your parents and treat them with utmost honor and respect, otherwise one will regret it forever:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "May he be humiliated. May he be humiliated. May he be humiliated!" The companions asked "Messenger of Allah! Who?" The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, "He who has his parents, or one of them, in their old age yet he goes to Hell (because of disservice to them)." (Ahmed)

So this Ramadan we should look for EVERY excuse to serve our parents for we will regret the opportunities we missed not serving them and being the best towards them.

Maintain ties of kinship

161. Maintain ties of kinship for a long life:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Whoever loves to be granted ample provisions and a long life, should maintain good ties with his or her relatives.” (Al-Bukhaari).

162. Maintaining ties of kinship does not mean visiting, helping or serving one’s relatives in return for similar deeds on their part. True upholding of family relations is to do with those kith and kin who sever their bond with us.

It refers to visiting relatives who do not visit us, and being good to those who wrong us:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “A man who perfectly maintains the ties of kinship is not he who recompenses the good done to him by his relatives; rather, he is the one who is on agreeable terms with those kin who have severed [their] bond with him.” (Al-Bukhaari)

So this Ramadan let us visit those of our relatives who do not visit us and if they treat us badly then let us give them goodness in return for our reward is with Allah and we are only doing it for his pleasure.

Giving Sadaqa

Ramadan is a month of generosity and is the best time to donate in the way of Allah. To feed the hungry or give to the needy is an act of great reward, especially during the holy month. A determination to avoid sins.

163. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said : "He who gives food for a fasting person to break his fast, he will receive the same reward as him, without nothing being reduced from the fasting person’s reward." (at-Tirmidhee).

Therefore we should strive as much as possible to give in charity in this blessed month especially to those who are less fortunate than ourselves. We are giving from what Allah has given to us. Allah asks us to give to others as a loan to him.

164. When a person gives for the pleasure of Allah then they are not losing any wealth but that Allah will increase it: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallim) said: “Charity does not in any way decrease the wealth and the servant who forgives, Allah adds to his respect; and the one who shows humility, Allah elevates him in the estimation (of the people).” (Muslim Vol. 4, Hadith 6264)

165. Sadaqa is more than just giving in wealth: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallim) said: “To smile in the company of your brother is charity.To command to do good deeds and to prevent others from doing evil is charity.To guide a person in a place where he can not getastray is charity.To remove troublesome things like thorns and bones from the road is charity.To pour water from your jug into the jug of your brother is charity.To guide a person with defective vision is charity for you.” (Bukhari)

166. Sadaqa is an ongoing reward:

Sadaqa is an ongoing reward depending on how much people benefit from it. Sadaqa is not only wealth but it is anything that benefits others such as: Beneficial knowledge, removing something dangerous from the path of others, planting a crop or tree that people and animals will benefit from, building a well or a Masjid etc

After death our good deeds stop. Except a person who gave or did an act of Sadaqa by which they continue to be rewarded even after their death. The best on going charity is having a pious child. So let us strive to raise up good and pious children who can benefit mankind aswell as raise our ranks in the hereafter.

167. It is better to conceal what we give or do as sadaqah:

Almighty Allah says in the Qur'an: “And whatever you spend in charity or whatever vow you make, be sure Allah knows it all. But the wrongdoers have no helpers. If you disclose (acts of) charity, even so it is well, but if you conceal them and make them reach those (really) in need, that is best for you. It will remove from you some of your (stains of) evil. And Allah is well acquainted with what you do.” (Qur‘an, 2:270-271)

Threfore let us give as much as we possibly can this Ramadan and know that we will never lose what we give but we will gain far more in return!

Friday (Jummah)

168. Make preparations on Thursday for Jummah by doing whatever needs doing like for e.g. trimming hair, nails etc.

169. Do the Sunnah’s of Jummah like making Ghusl, Miswaak, wearing best clothes, perfume (Ittar), Reciting Surah Kahf etc

170. Proceed early to the Masjid to gain more rewards: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "On the day of Jummah, the angels stand at the entrance of that Masjid in which Jummah Salaat is to be offered. They write down the name of the person who enters the Masjid first, and thereafter the name of the person who follows, and they continue doing this. The person who entered first will receive the reward of sacrificing a camel in the path of Allah; the one who followed him will get the reward of sacrificing a cow, thereafter a chicken, thereafter the reward of giving an egg as charity in the path of Allah. Once the khutbah commences, the angels close the register and begin listening to the khutbah." (Bukhari and Muslim)

171. Leave early to try to get space in the front row nearest to Imaam:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "Whoever does Ghusl on Friday and causes (his wife) to do Ghusl, and sets out early, and comes close to the imam and listens and keeps quiet, for every step he takes he will have the reward of fasting and praying qiyaam for one year.” (al-Tirmidhi, 496)

172. Make small steps to Jummah as every step is the reward of a years Nawafil (voluntary) fast (Tirmidhi)

173. Listen to the Khutbah very attentively, not even warning others to keep quite.

174. Recite durood (Sending peace & blessings upon the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam): in abundance on Jummah:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Recite Durood upon me in abundance on the day of Jummah since they are presented to me.” (Ibn Majah)

The best durood is Durood e Ibrahim which we recite in Salaah in Tashahud:

ALLAHUMMA SALLI ALA MUHAMMADIW WA ALA AALI MUHAMMADIN KAMAA SALLAITA ALA IBRAHIMA WA ALA AALI IBRAHIMA INNAKA HAMIDUM MAJID. ALLAHUMMA BAARIK ALA MUHAMMADIW WA ALA AALI MUHAMMADIN KAMAA BAARAKTA ALA IBRAHIMA WA ALA AALI IBRAHIMA INNAKA HAMIDUM MAJID.

O Allah! Send blessings upon (Holy Prophet) Muhammad and upon the followers of (Holy Prophet) Muhammad as You sent blessings upon Ibraheem and upon the followers of Ibraheem; indeed, You are praiseworthy and glorious. Oh Allah! Bless (Holy Prophet) Muhammad and the follower of (Holy Prophet) Muhammad as You blessed Ibraheem and the follower of Ibraheem; indeed, You are praise worthy and glorious.

Or the shortest durood is: Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallim

Allah's praise and peace be upon him

Note: Set a target of reciting at least 1000+ durood on Jummah.

175. Making abundant Dua to benefit from the special "hour":

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) "There is such an hour on Friday that if any Muslim makes Dua in it, his Dua will definitely be accepted.” (Bukhari, Muslim

He (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) also said: “Seek the anticipated hour of Friday after `Asr until sunset” (Sunan al-Tirmidhî (489))

Therefore let us make the best of the precious time between Asr and Maghrib on Jummah by doing excessive worship like reciting the Qur’an, doing Dhikr and making long intense and sincere Dua's in order to make the best of this "special hour".

176. Gain the reward of 80 years of Nawafil worship: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Whoever recites the following Durood eighty times immediately after Asr Salaat on Friday, before standing up from his place, Allah will forgive eighty years of (minor) sins and grant him the reward equivalent to eighty years of (Nawafil) worship.”

Allahumma salli alaa muhammadinin nabiyyil ummiyyi wa-ala aalihi wasallim tasleema.

O Allah bless Muhammad, the unlettered Prophet, and his family and grant them best of peace. (Jame Sagheer, Tabarrani)

Asr Salaah

177. To pray Asr on time. Men should go to the Masjid for Asr prayer.

178. Praying the 4 Raka’a Sunnah: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "May Allah have Mercy on the one who offers four (rak'ahs) before 'Asr prayer." (Abu Dawud)

A person who performs four Raka’a’s before Asr Salaat, will receive a house in Jannah. (Majmauz-Zawaaid vol.2 pg.222).

Between Asr and Maghrib

179. The time between Asr and Maghrib is a blessed time for worshipping Allah. So we should make a habit of remaining in the Masjid after Asr Salaah (or for women to remain seated at their place of prayer) until Maghrib Salaah, doing Dhikrullah (Remembrance of Allah), the recitation of the Qur’an and sincere Dua.

Note: We should make extra effort to worship between Asr on Maghrib on Fridays in particular. Duas are readily accepted just before Maghrib begins and Iftaar. So we should make extra effort to make sincere long Dua around this time for at least 15 mins.

It is forbidden to pray any voluntary (Nawafil) prayer between Asr and Maghrib.

Doing Dhikr

And Allah says: “Those who believe and whose hearts find tranquility in the Remembrance of Allaah, verily in the Remembrance of Allaah do hearts find tranquility.” [Surah Ar-Radd: 28]

180. The following are 12 Dhikr (Remembrance of Allah), supported by Hadith that one can recite throughout Ramadan:

Note:
We should try & aim to recite each of these 12 Dhikr at least 100 times each & aim to recite upto a 1000 a day minimum.

1. Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee

Note: Recite the above supplication abundantly throughout Ramadan particularly during the last ten nights of Ramadan.

2. Subhaanallah

Glory be to Allah

3. Alhamdulillah

All praise is for Allah

4. Allahu Akbar

Allah is the greatest

5. Laa ilaaha illallah

There is no worthy of worship except Allah

6. LA HAWLA WA LA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAH-HIL ALIYYIL ADHEEM

There is no power or might in this universe except for Allah

7. Asthaghfirullah-halladhee Laa ilaaha illa-huwal Hayyul Qayyuumu Wa athoobu Ilay

I seek forgiveness from Allah who alone is worthy of worship, He is immortal, He has created the heavens and the earth and i repent in front of him

Or short version: Asthaghfirullah

I seek forgiveness from Allah

8. SUB-HAAN'ALLAAHi WA BI-HAM'DIHI SUB-HAAN'ALLAH-IL ADHEEM

Glory be to Allah and His is the praise, (and) Allah, the Greatest is free from imperfection

Or short version:
SUB-HAAN'ALLAAHi WA BI-HAM'DIHI

Allah is free from imperfection and His is the praise

9. Subhāna-llāhi, wa-l-hamdu li-llāhi, wa lā ilāha illā-llāhu, wa-llāhu akbar. Wa lā hawla wa lā quwwata illā bi-llāhi-l-aliyyi-l-adhīm

Glory be to Allah, and all praise be to Allah, and there is none worthy of worship but Allah, and Allah is the Greatest, and there is no Power and Might except from Allah, the Most High, the Great.

10. Lā ilāha illā-llāhu waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu lahu-l-mulku wa lahu-l-ḥamdu yuhyi wa yumītu wa huwa ḥayyu-llā yamūtu abadan abada, ḏū-l-jalāli wa-l-ikrām, biyadihi-l-khayr, wa huwa alā kulli Shay-in qadīr

There is none worthy of worship but Allah who is alone (and) He has no partner, His is the Kingdom and for Him is all praise, He gives life and causes death, in His hand is all good and He has power over everything.

Or the shortened version:

Laa ilaaha illal-laahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa huwa ‘alaa kulli shay-in qadeer

There is none worthy of worship but Allah who is alone (and) He has no partner, in His hand is all good and He has power over everything.

11. Radeetu billahi Rabban Wa bil Islami deenan Wabi Muhammadin Nabiyyan

I am pleased with Allah as my Lord, with Islam as my Religion and with Muhammad (SAW) as the Prophet and Messenger of Allah

12. Durood (Sending peace & blessings upon the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam):

The best durood is Durood e Ibrahim which we recite in Salaah in Tashahud:

ALLAHUMMA SALLI ALA MUHAMMADIW WA ALA AALI MUHAMMADIN KAMAA SALLAITA ALA IBRAHIMA WA ALA AALI IBRAHIMA INNAKA HAMIDUM MAJID. ALLAHUMMA BAARIK ALA MUHAMMADIW WA ALA AALI MUHAMMADIN KAMAA BAARAKTA ALA IBRAHIMA WA ALA AALI IBRAHIMA INNAKA HAMIDUM MAJID.
O Allah! Send blessings upon (Holy Prophet) Muhammad and upon the followers of (Holy Prophet) Muhammad as You sent blessings upon Ibraheem and upon the followers of Ibraheem; indeed, You are praiseworthy and glorious. Oh Allah! Bless (Holy Prophet) Muhammad and the follower of (Holy Prophet) Muhammad as You blessed Ibraheem and the follower of Ibraheem; indeed, You are praise worthy and glorious.

Or the shortest durood is: Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallim

Allah's praise and peace be upon him

Note: There is a lot more emphasis to recite Durood on Fridays in particular so one should recite Durood in abundance on Fridays.

Do so much Dhikr that people think you’re insane: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Engage in the Dhikr of Allah in such abundance that people comment that ‘you are insane’.” (Ahmed)

Utter regret for each second wasted without remembering Allah:

Mu`adh Ibn Jabal (RA) said that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "The People of Paradise will not regret anything except one thing alone: the hour that passed them by in which they made no remembrance of Allah." (Bayhaqi in Shu`ab al-iman (1:392 #512-513))

We should not waste a single second in our day without remembering Allah. Every second that we do not remember Allah is a second wasted. Every gathering that Allah is not remembered is a gathering of utter loss and regret on the day of judgement. Remembering Allah is so easy yet we neglect remembering Allah.

Surely we will be in great loss on the day of judgement when we will realise what great rewards we have missed out on. A day when we will beg each other for one good deed and not one person will give it to us. That day we will wish that we said just one Subhanallah more. But it will be too late. So let us act NOW!

Continued

The_truth

Reciting the Qur’an

Ramadan is the month of the Qur'an. The Quran has even more of an important significance in the month of Ramadan, the month of fasting.

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Quran, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong) [Quran al-Baqarah 2:185]

Jibreel (As) used to come to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) every night in Ramadaan, and study the Quran with him.
(al-Bukhaari, 5; Muslim, 4268)

10 rewards for each letter of the Qur'an outside Ramadan:

Outside of Ramadan there are 10 rewards for reciting each letter of the Qur’an:

Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) says: ”Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allah will receive a hasanah (good deed) from it (i.e. his recitation), and the hasanah is multiplied by ten. I do not say that Alif-Laam-Meem is (considered as) a letter, rather Alif is a letter, Laam is a letter, and Meem is a letter.” [At-Tirmidhi, Ad-Darimi]

Good deeds multiplied by 70 in Ramadan:

But in Ramadan ALL good deeds are multiplied by 70 or more:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Whoever draws near to Allah during it (Ramadan) with a single characteristic from the characteristics of (voluntary) goodness, he is like whoever performs an obligatory act in other times. And whoever performs an obligatory act during it, he is like whoever performed seventy obligatory acts in other times.” (Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah, no. 1887)

Each letter of Qur'an rewarded 700 good deeds or more:

So for each letter of the Qur’an we recite we will gain a minimum of 700 good deeds or more. The greater our intentions and the more sincere we are then our rewards will be multiplied even more!

Those who struggle to read get DOUBLE THE REWARD:

But for those who struggle with reciting the Qur'an they will recieve double the reward of a minimum of 1400 good deeds for each letter:

Aa’ishah (RA), relates that the Prophet (Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: Verily the one who recites the Qur’an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have TWICE that reward.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Note: This hadith proves that people who are not well versed in the Arabic languge or have other difficulties in reciting the Quran, get even a higher reward for reciting the Quran in Arabic for their extra effort. So they should never feel down about not being able to recite as well for they will be given double the reward.

181. Aim to recite at least 1 Juz (chapter) a day. If not then half, a quarter or even one page. It is better to recite at least a little each day than to recite a lot sometimes.

182. Recite as much Qur’an as possible especially between Fajr and Sunrise and between Asr and Maghrib.

183. Whilst reciting concentrate on the verses being read imagining Allah is watching you recite them.

184. Read the translation and tafseer of what has been read to understand the deeper meanings of the verses. Then contemplate and ponder over them.

185. Certain Surah’s and their Virtues include:

Surah Fatiha: The Mother of the Qur’an and a cure for every disease (Ath-Thua’lbi )

Surah Yaasin: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Whosoever recites Surah Yaasin in the early part of the day his needs will be fulfilled.” (Mishkaat, Page 189)

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "Everything has a heart; the heart of the Qur'an is Surah Yaasin. Whoever reads Surah Yaasin (once), Allah records for him a reward equal to that of reading the whole Qur'an ten times." (Tirmidhi, Darami)

Surah Mulk: when recited every night protects from the Torment of the Grave (An-Nasai)

Surah Zilzilah: Worth half of the Qur’an

Surah al Kaafirun: Worth quarter of the Qur’an.

Surah al Ikhlaas: Worth one third of the Qur’an’. (At-Tirmidhi 2818/A)

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said to his Companions: “Are any of you unable to recite a third of the Qur’an in a night?” That was difficult for them and they said, “Which of us is able to do that, Messenger of Allah?” He said, Surah Ikhlas constitutes a third of the Qur’an.’” (Sahih al-Bukhari 6:61)

Surah al Falaq and Surah An Naas protection from Jinn and evil eye: The Prophet (Sallallau Alaihi Wasallam) used to seek refuge from the jinn as well as from the evil eye until Surah al Falaq and An Naas were revealed. When they were sent down, he utilised them and left other things. (At-Tirmidhi #1984)

Iftar

186. Hastening in Iftar: (breaking the fast) as soon as the sun sets is from the Sunnah. The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said, "My Ummah (nation) will not cease to be upon my Sunnah as long as they do not await the stars when breaking the fast." [Saheeh al-Bukharee (4/173) and Saheeh Muslim (1093)]

And he (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) also said, "The Deen will not cease to be uppermost as long as the people hasten to break the fast, since the Jews and the Christians delay it." [(hasan) Abu Dawood (2/305) and Ibn Hibban (224)]

187. Breaking the fast before praying Salaat al-Maghrib.
"The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) used to break his fast before offering the (Maghrib) prayer." [(saheeh) At-Tirmidhee]

188. Recommended foods for Iftar. The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) used to break his fast before offering the (Maghrib) prayer with some fresh dates, if he didn't get any, then dried dates, and failing that too, he (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) would drink a few mouthfuls of water. [Saheeh Muslim, Musnad Ahmad (3/163), Abu Dawood 2/306]

189. The virtues of Dua at the Time of Iftar. The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said extolling the time of Iftar for supplication, "Indeed, the fasting person has at the time of breaking the fast, a supplication that is not rejected." [Ibn Majah and al-Hakim]

Note: One should supplicate to Allah hoping that it will be answered, and knowing that Allah does not respond to a heedless and inattentive heart.

190. Dua for Iftar:

Allahumma Inni laka sumtu wa bika amantu wa ‘ala rizqika aftartu

O AllahI fasted for You and I believe in You and I break my fast with Your sustenance. [Abu Dawud]

Or recite:
Dhahab az zama’u wab tallatil urooqu wa thabat al ajru Insha Allah

The thirst has vanished, the veins have been wetted and the reward is established - Inshā Allāh [Abu Dawud]

Maghrib Salaah

191. To pray Maghrib on time. Men should Pray Maghrib at the Masjid.

192. Always pray the 2 Sunnah and 2 Nafil of Maghrib. If you want then you can pray more than 2 Nawafil’s after the 2 Sunnah.

Evening

Isha

193. Pray Isha on time. Men should pray at the Masjid.

Praying Isha with congregation is like worshipping half of the night: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "He who prays Isha' in Jama'ah (congregation) is as if he has prayed for half the night...(Malik, Muslim)

Note: By praying Isha and Fajr with congregation one gains the reward like one worshipped throughout the whole night as Isha equals half the night and Fajr the other half of the night. Women get the same reward for praying at home.

194. It is Sunnah to pray 4 Raka’a Sunnah before 4 Fard and 2 Raka’a Sunnah after the 4 Fard of Isha (Mishkaat)

195. Establish Taraweeh prayers after Isha each night during Ramadan. Men should pray Taraweeh at the Masjid (Men).

The reward of Taraweeh prayer: Abu Dharr (Ra) said: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Whoever prays qiyaam – i.e., Taraweeh – with the imam until he finishes, it will be recorded as if he spent the whole night in prayer.”(Tirmidhi)

Note: Therefore in order to gain the reward likeone prayed the whole night then the person should finish when the Imaam finishes and not before.

196. If one knows that one will not wake up in time to pray Tahajjud then one can pray 2-12 Raka’a of Tahajjud after Taraweeh or alternatively just before sleeping.

197. Witr should be the last prayer of the night and is most rewarding when it is prayed after Tahajjud closer to dawn. But if one knows one will not awaken in time to pray Witr just before Fajr begins then one should pray the witr after praying Tahajjud before going to sleep.

Seeking out Laylatul Qadr (Night of Power)

{By the manifest Book (the Quran) that makes thing clear. We sent it (this Quraan) down on a Blessed Night (i.e. the Night of Qadr) in the month of Ramadaan..(The Smoke 44:2-5)

So valuable is the Night of Qadr (Power) that the Quran devotes a special surah to it: “Lailatul Qadr is better than a thousand months” [97:3]

This one night surpasses the value of 30,000 nights. The most authentic account of the occurrence of the Night indicates that it can occur on any one of the last ten, odd numbered nights of Ramadan, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29. It may also occur on any of the even nights.

Therefore we should strive to stay up & worship on all of the last 10 nights of Ramadan. If we can't do that then we should at least worship on the odd numbered nights of the last ten days. If we still can't manage that then let us pray on whatever nights we can, minimum on the 27th night.

There is NO doubt that if we pray on all of the last ten nights of Ramadan then we will catch this auspicious night & gain the rewards of over 83 YEARS OF WORSHIP! Subhaanallah! Most do not live upto such an age!

198. The following dua should be recited as much as possible during the last 10 nights of Ramadan:

Aisha (RA) said: I asked the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam): 'O Messenger of Allah, if I know what night is the night of Qadr, what should I say during it?' He said Say:

"Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee

Trans: 'Say: O Allah, You are pardoning & You love to pardon, so pardon me.' " (Ahmad, Ibn Majah, & Tirmidhi).

199. Forgiveness of past & present sins on Laylatul Qadr

Abu Hurairah (RA) narrated that the Prophet (Sallallahu`Alayhi Wa sallam) said: "Whoever stands (in qiyaam) in Laylat ul-Qadr out of faith and expectation (of Allah's reward), will have ALL of his previous sins forgiven." (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Exerting oneself in worship during last 10 night's

200. One should make extra effort especially during the last 10 days:

Allah's Messenger used to exert himself in devotion during the last ten nights to a greater extent than at any other time." (Muslim).

Aisha (RA) reported: With the start of the last ten days of Ramadan, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) used to tighten his waist belt (i.e. work harder) & used to pray all the night, & used to keep his family awake for the prayers. (Bukhari)

The last ten days & nights of Ramadan are the most blessed. Therefore we should exert themselves in worship even more during each of the last 10 days and nights, particularly the last ten odd numbered nights: 21, 23, 25, 27, 29.

By worshipping the last 10 nights we would be most likely to catch the night of power & gain the reward of over 83 years of worship! Subhanallah thats longer than the average human life expectancy!

Sitting I'tikaf in the last 10 days

201. I`tikaf is the seclusion and staying in the Masjid with the intention of becoming closer to Allah by doing constant remembrance, glorification and worship of Allah. I'tikaf is a great Sunnah:

Aishah (RA) reported that the Prophet (Salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam): "Used to perform i'tikaf in the last ten days of Ramadan until Allah the Mighty & Majestic, took him." (Bukhari & Muslim)

Abu Said reported that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "Whoever makes I`tikaf with me is to make I'tikaf during the last ten [nights]." (Bukhari)

202. Women can also sit I'tikaf

Women can also sit I'tikaf at the Masjid with husbands permission. There is a difference of opinion whether she can sit I'tikaf at home. The Hanafi madhab states a woman can sit I'tikaf at a designated place in her home.

203. Nawafil I'tikaf:

If a person cannot sit I'tikaf for the full 10 days & nights then they should try & sit I'thikaf on as many days & nights as they possibly can.

They can make intention of doing Nawafil I'tikaf everytime they enter the Masjid so a person will be rewarded for the duration of their stay in the Masjid as long as they did not commit any sins or indulge in idle talk.

204. Immense rewards for sitting I'tikaf

Ali Ibn Hussain (RA) narrates from his father that Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “He who observes the ten days I’tikaf during Ramadhan will obtain the reward of two Hajj & two Umrah (Nawafil).” (Bayhaqi)

Abdullah bin Abbas (RA) reported that Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: “Whosoever for Allah’s sake did even one days i’tikaf, Allah would keep him away from Jahannam by trenches.” (Tabarani)

What an amazing opportunity for us to gain such immense & abundant rewards aswell as closeness to Allah. We can also take this opportunity to strengthen & boost our imaan (faith) for the rest of the year.

Sleep

205. Sleeping immediately after Isha

If after Isha one is not doing anything of importance then it is far better to go to sleep so as to awaken early for Tahajjud or Fajr prayer.

One should not indulge in idle chit chat, watch useless TV programmes or browsing the internet unnecessarily etc after Isha as this will make it harder for one to wake up for Fajr prayers. However if one wants to pray and worship in the night then one should do so providing it does not cause one to miss the Fajr prayer with congregation (for men).

206. Recite Bismillah and covering food, utensils etc, shutting lights, locking doors etc. (Muslim-Vol.2, pg.170

One should recite Surah Mulk and Surah Sajda before sleep (Tirmidhi)

One can also have a little read before going to sleep to relax the mind which may make it easier to fall asleep.

207. Apply Surma (Kohl) in each eye three times (Mishkaat)

208. To lay or spread the bed oneself (Muslim)

209. Before climbing into bed, dust the bed thrice with the corner of your clothes. (Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah)

210. Recite ‘Bismillah’ when removing clothing as it is a cover and protection from Jinn and Shaythaan.

211. To make Miswaak before retiring to bed even if one has already made it for Isha salaat. (Kitabut Tahaarah and Sunnats)

212. To use a pillow to rest ones head on (Muslim)

213. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) rested at sometime or another during his life on the following:

1. A mat made from palm leaves.
2. A chatai (straw mat)
3. A mat made from cloth
4. On the ground
5. On a wooden bed
6. On a bed
7. On skin and hide
(Zaadul Ma’ad, Nashrut Tib)

Note: To sleep on any of the above with the intention of Sunnah shall merit reward inshallah.

214. To sleep in a state of Wudhu, (Attargheeb, Abu Dawood)

215. It is prohibited to sleep on ones stomach as Shaythaan sleeps on his stomach (Tirmidhi-Vol.2, pg.105, Abu Dawood-Vol.2, pg.331)

216. It is also prohibited to sleep on the back with the one leg on top of the other (Muslim)

Note: If there is no fear of exposing ones private parts then it is permissible to sleep in this manner but one should be very careful.

217. To sleep on the right side, facing towards the Qiblah (Shamaa’ile Tirmidhi, Abu Dawood-Vol.2, pg.332)

218. To sleep on the right facing the Qibla with the right hand underneath the head like a pillow and with the knees slightly bent (Like in the recovery position). (Bukhari)

219. Surah Waaqi’a should be read before sleeping as it saves one from hunger and poverty (Attargheeb)

220. Recite Surah Mulk before sleeping for protection from grave punishment:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, ‘Surah al Mulk is the protector from the torment of the grave ‘ (Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Hakim 2/498 & Nasai)

221. Recite both Surah Mulk and Surah Sajda before sleeping:

Jabir (Ra) said it was the custom of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) not to go to sleep until he had read Tabarakalladhi Biyadihil Mulk and Alif Laam Meem Tanzeel. (Ahmad, Tirmidhi and Darami)

222. When one goes to bed then do the following: ‘When retiring to his bed every night, the Prophet would hold his palms together, spit (A form of spitting comprising mainly of air with little spittle) in them, recite the last three chapters (Al-Ikhlaas, Al-Falaq, An-Naas) of the Quran and then wipe over his entire body as much as possible with his hands, beginning with his head and face and then all parts of the body, he would do this 3 times.’ (Tirmidhi)

223. Whoever reads the following when he lies down to sleep will have a guardian from Allah remain with him and Satan will not be able to come near him until he rises in the morning:

Allaahu laa 'ilaaha 'illaa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyoom, laa ta'khuthuhu sinatun wa laa nawm, lahu maa fis-samaawaati wa maa fil-'ardh, man thal-lathee yashfa'u 'indahu 'illaa bi'ithnihi, ya'lamu maa bayna 'aydeehim wa maa khalfahum, wa laa yuheetoona bishay'im-min 'ilmihi 'illaa bimaa shaa'a, wasi'a kursiyyuhus-samaawaati wal'ardha, wa laa ya'ooduhu hifdhuhumaa, wa Huwal- 'Aliyyul- 'Adheem.

Allah! There is no God but He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. And they will never encompass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Throne extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great. (Al-Bukhari)

224. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: ‘Whoever reads this when he lies down to sleep will have a guardian from Allah remain with him and Satan will not be able to come near him until he rises in the morning:

'Aamanar-Rasoolu bimaa 'unzila mir-Rabbihi walmu'minoon, kullun 'aamana billaahi wa malaa'ikatihi wa Kutubihi wa Rusulihi, laa nufarriqu bayna 'ahadim-mir-Rusulihi, wa qaaloo sami'naa wa 'ata'naa ghufraanaka Rabbanaa wa 'ilaykal-maseer. Laa yukallifullaahu nafsan 'illaa wus'ahaa, lahaa maa kasabat wa 'alayhaa mak-tasabat, Rabbanaa laa tu'aakhithnaa 'in naseenaa 'aw 'akhta'naa, Rabbanaa wa laa tahmil 'alaynaa 'isran kamaa hamaltahu 'alal-latheena min qablinaa, Rabbanaa wa laa tuhammilnaa maa laa taaqata lanaa bihi, wa'fu 'annaa, waghfir lanaa warhamnaa, 'Anta Mawlaanaa fansurnaa 'alal-qawmil-kaafireen.

The Messenger believes in what has been send down to him from his Lord, and so do the believers. Each one believes in Allah, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. They say: "We make no distinction between any of His Messengers," and they say: "We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return." Allah burdens not a person beyond what he can bear. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error. Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us. Our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Protector, and help us against the disbelieving people. (Muslim 1/554)

225. Also reciting the last ten verses in Surah Baqarah at night is said to ward away Shaythaan and calamities, illnesses, worries from ones home so ones whole family is protected that night. Those 10 verses are: The first four ayah’s of Surah Baqarah; Ayat ul Kursi and the two verses following it and the last three verses of the Surah.

226. ‘If one of you rises from his bed and then returns to it he should dust it with the edge of his garment three times for he does not know what has occurred in his absence and when he lies down he should supplicate:

Bismika Rabbee wadha'tu janbee, wa bika 'arfa'uhu, fa'in 'amsakta nafsee farhamhaa, wa 'in 'arsaltahaa fahfadhhaa, bimaa tahfadhu bihi 'ibaadakas-saaliheen.

‘In Your name my Lord, I lie down and in Your name I rise, so if You should take my soul then have mercy upon it, and if You should return my soul then protect it in the manner You do so with Your righteous servants.’ (Al-Bukhari 1 1/ 126 and Muslim 4/2084)

227. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) would place his right hand under his cheek when about to sleep and supplicate:

Allaahumma qinee 'athaabaka yawma tab'athu 'ibaadaka. (Three times).

‘O Allah, protect me from Your punishment on the day Your servants are resurrected.’ (Abu Dawud 4/311)

228. Also read this dua:

Bismikal-lahumma amootu wa-ahya.

‘In Your name O Allah, I live and die.’ (Muslim 4/ 2083)

229. Recite the following Asthaghfaar three times:

Asthaghfirullah halladhee laa ilaaha ilallahuwal hayyul qayyumu wa athubu ilay

I seek forgiveness from Allah besides whom there is none worthy of worship, the living, the sustainer of life and to Him i repent. (Tirmidhi-Vol.2, pg.177)

230. Something much better than having a servant:

Fatime (Ra) complained to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) that she found it very difficult without any help. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) addressed Ali (Ra) and Fatimah (Ra) ‘Shall I not direct you both to something better than a servant?

He (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "When you go to bed say:

Subhaanallah. (Thirty-three times)
Alhamdulillah. (Thirty-three times)
Allaahu Akbar. (Thirty-four times)

…for that is indeed better for you both than a servant.’
(Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi)

Then recite:

There is no deity except Allah, the Only One. He has no partner. To Him belongs all kingdom and to Him belongs all praise. He is the One who gives life and death. And He is Ever-living and no death comes to Him. In His Hand lies all good and He has power over everything.

231. Before you go to bed perform Wudu as you would for prayer, then lie down on your right side and recite:

Allahumma aslamtu nafsee ilayk, wafawwadtu amree ilayk, wawajjahtu wajhee ilayk, wa-alja/tu thahree ilayk, raghbatan warahbatan ilayk, la maljaa wala manja minka illa ilayk, amantu bikitabikal-lathee anzalt, wabinabiyyikal-lathee arsalt.

‘O Allah, I submit my soul unto You, and I entrust my affair unto You, and I turn my face towards You, and I totally rely on You, in hope and fear of You. Verily there is neither refuge nor safe haven from You except with You. I believe in Your Book which You have revealed and in Your Prophet whom You have sent.’

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:
"Whoever says this and dies in his sleep has died in a state of the natural monotheism (Fitrah)." (Al-Bukhari, Muslim 4/2081)

Fitrah: the religion of Islam, the way of Ibraheem.

Remembering Allah before sleeping:

Dhikr (Remembrance of Allah) is a cleanser (purifier) of the heart. (Baihaqi)

The remembrance of Allah just when one is about to sleep shall be a means of that person achieving high stages in Jannah. (Attargheeb)

232.….When you go to bed, glorify Him and praise Him and magnify Him one hundred times: that will be one hundred on the tongue and a thousand in the scales. Who among you does 2500 sayi’aat (bad deeds) in one day?’ They said: ‘How could we not count (our sins)?’ He said: ‘The Shaytaan comes to any one of you whilst he is praying and says, Remember this, remember that, until he finishes his prayer and does not do (this Dhikr), or he comes to him when he is lying down and makes him sleepy, until he falls asleep (without doing this Dhikr).’” (Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 3332)

Going to bed in the state of Wudu:

233. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) has stated: Whosoever goes to bed in a state of purity (i.e. Wudhu) and such a person remembers Almighty Allah until he falls asleep then, whatever dua such a person makes (whether pertaining to this world or the next) while asleep and turning side to side, such dua’s shall certainly be granted to him by Almighty Allah. (Mishkaat)

234. If after sleeping one experience a pleasant dream then when ones eyes open then say: “Alhamdulillah” – All Praise be to Allah, then the pleasant dream should only be revealed to trustworthy learned ones so that the dream can be interpreted correctly.

235. If one experiences an unpleasant dream: then one should spittle (A form of spitting comprising mainly of air with little spit) three times on the left side and then recite three times:

“Audhobillaahi Minashaythaanirajeem”.

I seek refuge with Allah from the evil of shaythan

Also change one’s position to the other side and sleep. (Muslim-Vol.2, chapter of dreams)

236. The dream should NOT be revealed to anyone then it will bring no harm to the person (Bukhari, Muslim)

237. To have water and Miswaak ready in advance for Wudhu (Muslim)

238. To sleep with the intention of getting up for Tahajjud (Nisaa’i)

Note:
One can gain immense reward for sleeping by making intention of sleeping for the pleasure of Allah in order to rejuvinate and rest so that one can build up strength for Allah's worship

239. To read Tahajjud salaat before Subho Sadiq (Dawn) (Mishkaat)

240. Sleep and awaken in third portion of the night

It would better for one to sleep straight after Isha and wake up in the third portion of the night which is the best part of the night to worship and make Dua. At this time one should pray the Tahajjud prayer and make sincere Dua's to Allah, worshipping him until Fajr.

241. Pray Fajr with jamat (congregation)

Men should strive to gain immense rewards and pray fajr with Jamaat (congregation) for such a person will gain rewards of worshipping the whole night. (Muslim)

Note: Women gain the same rewards for praying at home.

242. Then repeat the process again by remaining seated after Fajr and worshipping until sunrise. Waiting until 20 minutes after sunrise to pray Salaatul Duha

Character, etiquette and manners to implement throughout Ramadan and thereafter

During Ramadan, especially whilst fasting we must be very careful to control ourselves and stay away from all immoral acts, especially those of the tongue.

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "Fasting is not abstaining from eating and drinking alone, but it is also abstaining from vain speech and foul language. If one of you is being cursed or annoyed, he should say: I am fasting, I am fasting." [al-Bukhârî,Muslim]

Fasting at risk for those of us who do not abandon falsehood: "Allah does not need the fast of the one who does not abandon falsehood in speech or in action." [Ibn Khuzaymah, Ibn Hibbân, and al-Hâkim. Al-Bukhârî and Muslim]

"Perhaps a fasting person will get nothing from his fast except hunger, and perhaps the one who stands to pray at night will get nothing from his prayer except tiredness."
[an-Nasâî, Ibn Mâjah, and al-Hâkim]

We should try our best to try and implement the following points throughout Ramadan and everyday of our lives:

1. Always be patient in every situation and NOT get angry or frustrated with others but rather think to yourself that there is NO point or NO good in getting angry or frustrated for the best person is he who controls his anger and frustration.

2. Always smile as the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallim) always smiled at others especially when greeting another Muslim. A smile is charity.

3. Be polite and courteous at all times to everyone you come across in your daily life.

4. Keep gaze low at all times. Take NO more than one glance for the first glance is yours but the second glance is from shaythan.

5. Do NOT backbite, slander or gossip about others. It is best not to talk about people. Rather talk about beneficial matters pertaining to deen and dunya.

6. If any Muslim is being backbitten or slandered then make excuses for them and back them up for Allah will back such a person up in Qiyamah.

7. Do NOT swear or use any profanity for the tongue will speak against you in Qiayamah.

8. Do not make jokes using vile sexual innuendo as a Muslim should have shame and modesty in all matters. He who is not ashamed can do what they want.

9. When stressed then do not say a swear word but instead say "Subhanallah" or "Allahu Akbar".

10. Do NOT be jealous or envy anyone else apart from whom Allah has blessed with knowledge and wealth and they use it in the right way in the path of Allah.

11. Do NOT think of other Muslims in a bad way or accuse them without any solid proof or evidence but rather make as many excuses for your brothers as possible.

12. When you speak then ONLY speak of that which will benefit you or someone else in this world or the next. If it will cause more harm than good then refrain from saying it.

13. Do not speak if it is not necessary as precious time is wasted
speaking unnecessarily which may cause one to waste time and incur sin.

14. Do NOT mock or make fun of anyone or hurt their feelings. Be very careful and be sensitive about other people’s feelings lest they get recompense on the day of judgement and you lose your good deeds.

15. Treat others how you would want yourself to be treated.

16. Treat others so well that they crave your company and would mourn you after your death.

17. Be the best towards siblings, family and relatives regardless of how they treat you, for your reward is not with them but with Allah.

18. Be the best towards your parents treating them with utmost honour and respect at all times. NEVER answer them back or raise your tone with them but always speak to them in a soft and low tone.

19. Serve your parents as much as possible for serving them is the best of deeds.

20. Help and advice others as much as possible for the pleasure of Allah

21. Do NOT worry or stress about the past because it has gone and made you who you are today or about the future for it may never come. Whatever is destined to happen will happen and you will still get through it regardless. Rather trust in Allah and put your hopes and faith in him for he will get you through ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

22. Do NOT keep bad company for such company is like poison. Bad friends will stab you in the back on the day of judgement and will stand trial against you so let go of them now otherwise they will destroy you in the hereafter.

23. Instead keep those of piety and good character as friends for they will benefit you in this world and the next.

24. Your body parts will be against you on the day of judgement and will testify against you. So watch and control your tongue, eyes, hands, feet and privates and prevent them from going near minor and especially major sins!

25. When giving advice or dawah then do not become frustrated as guidance is only from Allah and all we can do is inform as best we can.

Note: We can monitor our progress at the end of each day and note down what we need to work on or improve oetc.

May Allah enable us to do everything to please him and refrain from anything which may anger and displease him and to enable us to maximize our worship this Ramadan as well as each and every day so that we can get closer to him. Ameen

The_truth

What to recite when lying down in bed:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: ‘Whoever reads this when he lies down to sleep will have a guardian from Allah remain with him and Satan will not be able to come near him until he rises in the morning:

'Aamanar-Rasoolu bimaa 'unzila mir-Rabbihi walmu'minoon, kullun 'aamana billaahi wa malaa'ikatihi wa Kutubihi wa Rusulihi, laa nufarriqu bayna 'ahadim-mir-Rusulihi, wa qaaloo sami'naa wa 'ata'naa ghufraanaka Rabbanaa wa 'ilaykal-maseer. Laa yukallifullaahu nafsan 'illaa wus'ahaa, lahaa maa kasabat wa 'alayhaa mak-tasabat, Rabbanaa laa tu'aakhithnaa 'in naseenaa 'aw 'akhta'naa, Rabbanaa wa laa tahmil 'alaynaa 'isran kamaa hamaltahu 'alal-latheena min qablinaa, Rabbanaa wa laa tuhammilnaa maa laa taaqata lanaa bihi, wa'fu 'annaa, waghfir lanaa warhamnaa, 'Anta Mawlaanaa fansurnaa 'alal-qawmil-kaafireen.

The Messenger believes in what has been send down to him from his Lord, and so do the believers. Each one believes in Allah, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. They say: "We make no distinction between any of His Messengers," and they say: "We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return." Allah burdens not a person beyond what he can bear. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error. Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us. Our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Protector, and help us against the disbelieving people. (Muslim 1/554)

Also reciting the last ten verses in Surah Baqarah at night is said to ward away Shaythaan and calamities, illnesses, worries from ones home so ones whole family is protected that night.

Those 10 verses are: The first four ayah’s of Surah Baqarah; Ayat ul Kursi and the two verses following it and the last three verses of the Surah.

The_truth

A little action done more regularly has more merit than a great action done once:

When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was asked which deeds were most beloved by Allah, he replied:

"The most regular, constant deeds even though they may be a few." He also added, "Take upon yourselves only those deeds which are within your ability". (Bukhari)

The_truth

Staying Physically Energized During Ramadan

With Ramadan in the midst of summer this year, we need nothing more than hydration and good eating habits to keep us going. However, Ramadan is not only about omitting food and drink from sunrise to sunset. It’s not about sleeping all day and waking up an hour before sunset to prepare a meal. It’s not about indulging all night and sleeping all day. No, Ramadan is a spiritual car wash for our souls. It’s a time to check in on ourselves, omitting desires, and focusing on what we were initially created for: worshipping Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala (exalted is He).

While we focus on our spiritual upbringing, we also need to focus on our physical well-being. Instead of praying Maghrib and rushing to eat, set your intention to eat to nourish your body so that you can stand and pray. In this case, you make eating an act of worship and get rewarded for it, Allah (swt) willing. Set your intention to eat suhoor (the meal before sunrise) to worship and have energy all day. Set your intention to eat iftar (the meal after sunset) to worship and pray during the night. Now, let me share a few tips on what to eat to stay hydrated, energized, and motivated all day long.

1) Eat dates.

•I personally don’t question any food that was eaten by the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ (peace be upon him) or recommended by him. •Anas Ibn Malik radi Allahu `anhu (may God be pleased with him) narrated: “The messenger of Allah ﷺ used to break his fast before praying with some fresh dates, but if there were no fresh dates, he had a few dry dates, and if there were no dry dates, he took some mouthfuls of water.” [Sunan Abu Dawud]
•Fasting all day means facing difficulties reaching the required daily value for many essential vitamins and nutrients. Dates are known to provide many of these nutrients with just a few pieces: •Dates have immense health benefits, including high fiber, potassium, magnesium, copper, and B vitamins.
•Dates are known to regulate blood sugar, weight loss, blood pressure, cancer, and arthritis. Dates also aid in facilitating oxygen to the brain and the formation of healthy skin.
•Tip: Eat three or more dates at suhoor to give you energy all day. Break your fast on dates and pray Maghrib. This regulates your blood sugar and causes you to not overeat at iftar.

2) DON’T skip out on suhoor.

•Yes, it’s 4 a.m. and yes it’s going to be difficult, but my number one piece of advice is don’t skip out on suhoor. The Prophet ﷺ advised us to eat suhoor and promised barakah (blessings) in it. Abu Hurairah (ra) narrated: “The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: ‘Eat suhoor, for in suhoor there is blessing.’” [Sunan Al- Nasa’i]
•Eating a meal before sunrise will give you energy to keep going during the long day ahead of you.
•If you skip out on suhoor, you are putting your body in starvation mode and actually only going to cause yourself to overindulge at iftar.
•So, EAT SUHOOR!
•Tip: Eat a light but nutritious, breakfast-like meal: •Try a zatar or cheese pie with some cucumbers. Tomatoes and a cup of fresh-squeezed orange juice are also excellent sources of vitamins and nutrients.
•Have nutrient-dense whole-grain toast with almond butter, cashew butter, or all-natural peanut butter. Top with berries or banana slices.
•Try some quinoa with almond milk, raisins, cinnamon, raw honey, and bananas. It will definitely give you fuel for the day.
•A bowl of steel cut oats or whole grain cereal and organic milk/almond milk are also great.
•Don’t forget the dates.

3) Eat hydrating foods like watermelon, cucumbers, citrus fruit, and tomatoes.

•It’s not only summer time, but we are fasting 17+ hours. Many of us have work and others are taking summer courses. We are going to lack energy and need as much nutrients as we can get from the food we eat. Hydrating ourselves with water-dense foods will keep our bodies from dehydrating in the heat.
•Tip: Other foods with high water content include: lettuce, pineapple, berries, citrus fruit, and spinach.
4) Drink plenty of water between iftar and suhoor
•Water is the most purifying drink; it cleans out toxins from your body and prevents you from getting headaches (especially when you’re not drinking or eating all day).
•Tip: Skip the soda! Drinking soda with your iftar will only make you thirstier, and dehydrate your body more than it already is. Drink water with your meal and keep it at hand throughout the night. Break your coffee and tea addiction.
•If possible, regulate your body to get rid of your caffeine addiction before Ramadan starts. If you are drinking 3-4 cups of coffee daily, and on the first day of Ramadan you don’t drink any, you may get headaches and lack energy.
•Tip: If you really need energy, opt for dates instead. Coffee and tea are known to dehydrate the body even more.

I hope that you find these eating tips helpful! I assure you that making these small changes in your Ramadan and even regular diet, will substantially improve your overall health and fitness.

Source: http://www.virtualmosque.com/person.../staying-physically-energized-during-ramadan/