Understanding God's Plan

Bawtz

:salam2:

There is something that I have been pondering over for some time, and I was wondering if I could get some brothers' and sisters' points of view on it. I understand that Allah has decreed certain things for example, one person might be tall, another short, one rich, another poor and so on. I also understand that we can't complain and must be grateful to Allah and be patient, but there are some things which I cannot fathom what Allah intends.

For example, I hear and read news stories about kids who are kidnapped, and rapped repeatedly, held prisoner in a cage for years, emotionally, physically and psychologically tortured and some even killed in horific way such as being chopped into pieces.

Sometimes children die at 1 or 2 years old and I ask myself, what was the point of them even being born, how does this fit in to Allah's decree. That 2 year old didn't have to endure any of life's tests like not doing zina, praying on time, fasting being a good muslims, born and then in 2 years dies, wasn't that a pointless existence? The child didn't even experience the world, all it did was destroy the mother and the rest of the family when the child died?

I don't know about you brothers and sisters but some things just really get to me to the point where I get mad or :astag: i come to the point of questioning Allah's wisdom. Can there be a wisdom behind such horrifying stories?

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

You are right we have to be patients in front of all the things that we dont understand, inchallah.

Behind all Allah`s actions there is wisdom, maybe now we dont understand why a new born or one at 2 years old dies, maybe this is was a test from Allah to his parents, for them to be patients and to turn in prayer more, maybe more then when the baby was alive, wich will benefit them more if they do this and dont develop evil tghouts about the Divine Decree.
Or that baby would have lived a very bad life and better for him was to die before evil took place, there are many posibilities that Allah knows.
Some of us are examples, for good or for bad, the bad deeds will be punished, the good ones rewarded.
And maybe for others, there is misery in this life as mercy of Allah, because the misery of this life is nothing compared with the misery after death.

We as muslim know that there is Heaven and there is Hell, we know all our deeds will be judged and our lifes in the hearafter settled in a perfect wisdom, noone will be wronged, inchallah.

Tell My servants that I am indeed the Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful; (Chapter #15, Verse #49)

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:wasalam:

Creation of evil:First of all nothing is absolutely 100 % evil.Evil is within things,it is not purely evil.

The answer is almost obvious. Virtue, if programmed, is not true virtue; it is always something less. You can program a computer never to make an incorrect statement but it does not thereby become a truthful computer, nor does any medicine possess compassion, although they are made to help the sick. The Qur’an presents the Angels as non-discriminating beings, as beings who are pure. While man is potentially much greater and alternatively much worse creature. It emphasizes three essential components of this stage of man’s moral and spiritual evolution; Free will, or the ability to choose; Intellect, the tool for weighing the consequences of one’s choices and learning from them; and third, An environment of adversity.

To learn to be truthful requires the option to lie, and hence the ability to learn and discern. A higher level of honesty is attained if we insist on speaking the truth in adversity, say at the threat of physical or material loss. To grow in compassion there must be suffering and the choice to ignore it. And so it is with all the virtues; love, charity, forgiveness and so on. To grow in each of them, we must have the alternative to do otherwise and the possibility for the existence of hate, indifference, greed, vengeance or revenge, and obviously suffering.

“Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere,
Who say, when afflicted with calamity: “To God We belong, and to Him is our return”
[Al Qur'an 2:155-156]

“O ye who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy; vie in such perseverance; strengthen each other; and fear God; that ye may prosper.”
[Al Qur'an 3:200]

It is by trial and error, and by realizing and rising above our mistakes, that we learn and progress to a higher level of goodness. Error, if realized and repented off sincerely, can lead ultimately to a higher state.

“Excepting the one repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for God will change the evil of such persons into good, and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”
[Al Qur'an 25:70]

Sufferings:I remember there is a thread by sister Tabassum on this very topic,you can read it here in sha' Allah.

I think there are at least eight reasons for existence of sufferings:

1)It is qadr of Allah:Whatever befalls us could not have missed us and whatever misses us could not have befallen us.

2)Penalty: As for every action,there's always a reaction,it's form of payback,as you sow so shall you reap.What is the recompense of good other than good?

3)A wake up call:To wake believers up from their slumber and people,to remind them of the might of their Lord,so perhaps they might be reminded of their purpose and how fragile everything is.

4)Imbalance in nature: Due to our certain activities,there is a certain disbalance in nature,it is kind of wake up call for us to maintain balance and give people and nature their rights,which they have upon us.

5)To expose hypocrisy and filter out people:We are tested with good and evil.This test is sometimes used for filtering people as we know from scriptures that how they were shaken with tests and how their true nature came out when they reacted to these calamities.

6)To clear sins and to purify us:Sometimes these tests are a means of purification for a believer if he is patient in them.

7)To raise rank of a person: That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.To make an iron strong t needs beating and somethings need seasoning,similarly sometimes calamities are used for strengthening our character and raise our ranks thereby if we are patient.

8)Comparision:If there is no pain and everything is jim and dandy,how would one know what relief is?

Even the Angels asked this question -
“Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: “I will create a vicegerent on earth.” They said: “Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?” He said: “I know what ye know not.”"
[Al Qur'an 2:30]

Then in later verses Allah proves them wrong,by asking them names of what Allah had taught to Aadam('alyhissalam),from the angels,whose reply was They said, "Exalted are You; we have no knowledge except what You have taught us. Indeed, it is You who is the Knowing, the Wise."[2:32]
So similarly as they didn't know the names that Allah knew,they didn't know the purpose that Allah knows.

Allah created us and placed us on this Earth for a purpose.He created life and death for a purpose.

Is it about ease?Then know that nothing is difficult for Allah.

It's about justice.

Yes,Allah is all powerful but Allah is the just one as well.
Allah created us and placed us on this Earth for a purpose.He created life and death for a purpose.

We were given revelations as guidance bought by messengers with signs for Allah.We were endowed with the tools of intellect, ('aql) and free will to chose to obey or to disobey.Why else where we given these tools,except that we might be helped in this test?

If we reach a place without being tested would it be just?
Would it be just for people to enter hell fire,even though they haven't been tested ,if they will the purpose they were created for or not?

If people are not tested about the purpose they were sent for,then how can it be just for them to be in where they are going to be.

Would Allah's nature of being just be apparent,if people entered where they had to be without being tested?

Certainly,Allah is just and He does not wrong anyone even a bit.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Brother, alhamdulillah that you are pondering over why sadness, calamities, pain and sufferings exist. By knowing why we have to face such trials, inshaa Allaah it will increase our faith as we will accept what has been willed by Allaah with an open heart.

To answer your question: Because that is how the world is. Dunya.

We, Muslims, all know that our final destination and eternal home isn't here. It is fi yaum al-akheerah. Akheerah is where our Real Home is. And to get there isn't one easy journey. To get there, we have to pass by the winds, the thunders, the rain and the heat to be able to get to that one, blissed, comfortable Home; Jannah. Thus, why Allaah created all those hardships in this world. To test among us who is the best in deeds. To wipe out our sins so that when we meet Him, we carry with us a sound heart. Qalbun saleem.

"[He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving" Al-Mulk, 67: 2

Those little children who died as babies, who never yet experience the evil of this world, do you know that those sinless children will be the dwellers of Jannah? Do you know that a mother who lost one or two child, but she accepted the Qadr of Allaah with a full heart will be granted Jannah, by the Mercy of Allaah?

Perhaps of all the evils and the unfairness that you witness in this world, think of this: Believers who live with a heart that only concerns of Akhiraah, know that they are the most happiest person in this world even if they have no sufficient food to eat. A mother's unconditional love to her child, Allaah loves His slaves even more than that. Our Lord, Allaah The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful, The Most Forgiving that even when we constantly sins and keep falling, He always raise us back, always forgives us, always put hopes and strengths for us and He answers our prayers.

By replacing the despair that you have due to this world, know that Allaah will always be there for His true slaves. That He will recompense with such a bliss, indescribable reward for all the bad things that we go through; if not in this world, then it's in the Hereafter.

Yes, there is wisdom behind everything that only Allaah knows best. And for every calamities that strike a Believer, how wondrous it is that he can still smile and thank Allaah for everything.

That is how a true believer view and live in this world.

May, with the Mercy from The Al-Mighty Allaah, we will be able to enter Jannah, Ameen.

muhammad sabri

Dear,
Allah(swt) surely ests human beings in many ways but you must remember th main element that make this test

''alive'' and ''testable'' that is to say: FREE CHOICE.

If children die in Africa and people say it's God's fault they fail to understand that Allah swt placed us here

with a responsability which derives from our capacity of making choices.

A child may be born with an handicap and that may be Qadr but that doesnt mean that the test is not

there,actually is even more present than a normal test; the disbilievers fail to understand that this life is just a

ride and SOONER or later we're gonna meet our creator, wether we like it or not.

Allah swt says that PARADISE is the destination of children who dies young and didnd't(as you said)

''experience the world''.

Life was never meant to be just pleasure, and it was never meant to be just suffering, also we were never

meant to live like animals and as God chosen creature as Vice-regents on earth(this is how Allah swt called

us humans) we must realise God plan in the positive way and be the best chosing creatures we can be and

avoid the negative way of God's plan, that is to say: justice against those who denied their own creator.

In the end we will never be able to fully grasp Allah's plan in this life because we simply don't have the

capacity of comprehendng ALLAH(swt) 100% but we have glimpses and we have our beloved Prophet

Muhammad(pbuh) and we have the Quran and the Salat, all these elements are not just decorations or

traditions but they are insturments bestowed pon us by our Creator in order for us to grasp a little bit more

of His perfect plan, the plan of a loving God that decided to call Himself an-Nur(the light) as-Salam(the

peace), al Wadud(the loving one) al Hakim(the judge) :) and He is the one who said:'' I have made MY

mercy to surpass MY wrath'' :) Allah swt loves us and he want to guide us always, the question is...do we

want to be guided ? :) i hope yes and i hope we will all inch'Allah have the strenght to be firm in the straight

path.

I pray to Allah swt that hHe may grant us all his love and forgive and cancel our sisns and increase our
knowledge and our understanding in order for us t get nearer to HIm, our Creator, our Friend :)

AND ALLAH KNOWS BEST-------:wasalam: Peace :)

a_stranger

After a long thinking and studying , I believe that all the aweful crimes happening nowadays are because humanity is far from Allah's orders and laws. Laws of man can never stop this situation. Islam which is the final laws for humanity starts by planting living conscience which love good and reject evil. Love of the creator hope for Paradise and fear of heal is a must to give life to hearts of people. We need to renew morality , humanity , mercy and love in hearts of people . This what the prophets of Allah taught .....
following them can save our humanity and Allah knows best. :salah:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Let me ask this simple question: who are you to question the wisdom of Allah. That is the major issue. What you need to do is seek knowledge of the Wisdom of Allah.

Do you see the difference. That is the act of submission. In the face of evil we have to hold on to faith. Now you have to discover why we hold on to faith.

And we have to study from the example of the life of our Prophet, swas, the only time we can have faith.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Asalamualaykum Brothers and sisters...

I'd like to ask Bro Kashif and Sis Aisya if I may copy what you have written. A friend of mine really needs to read what you have written....

JazakAllah Khair.... such wisdom you have. Allah bless you.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Asalamualaykum Brothers and sisters...

I'd like to ask Bro Kashif and Sis Aisya if I may copy what you have written. A friend of mine really needs to read what you have written....

JazakAllah Khair.... such wisdom you have. Allah bless you.

Wa 'alaikumassalam warahmatullah,
Sure sister,there is no copyright in sha' Allah.
Also if your friend has any issue that is troubling them ,they can post on this website or maybe you can relay the issue in sha' Allah.

قَالُوا سُبْحَانَكَ لَا عِلْمَ لَنَا إِلَّا مَا عَلَّمْتَنَا ۖ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْعَلِيمُ الْحَكِيمُ[2:32]

WaJazakAllahi khayran. Ameen wa feeki BarakAllah.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Asalamualaykum,

JazakAllah Khair Brother... Actually, she is going through a little bit of depression and only has the time to sleep unfortunately. I kidnapped her and she is staying with me now. Make dua I am able to help her.

I have already recommended the site to her. InshAllah I will remind her...

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Asalamualaykum,

JazakAllah Khair Brother... Actually, she is going through a little bit of depression and only has the time to sleep unfortunately. I kidnapped her and she is staying with me now. Make dua I am able to help her.

I have already recommended the site to her. InshAllah I will remind her...

WaJazakAllahi khayra,
Oh tahoor in sha' Allah.I hope she recovers,in sha' Allah.I understand depression can be a really horrifying experience when you need a lot of support from friends and family.
Insha'Allah we will make du'a,you all make du'a as well.
May Allah reward you for your intention and accept from you.Ameen.

Islam!!yay

Remember there is a verse in the Quran, that Allah states that our children are a test. Allah Loves us all unimaginably.So if He SWT takes away a child from his mother, im sure Allah is with that mother every step of the way.Yes there are a lot of things we cannot comprehend.you know scientists are still asking the question is our brain alive is the brain controlling us or are we in control of our brains ? If we cant understand our own brains and cant comprehend how it works, then how can we even comprehend Allah SWT's Infinite Wisdom and Plans ?

Prophet Mohamed PBUH had a son who also died in his infancy ,and like any parent he was torn apart because he was griefing but the Prophet PBUH remained strong. Why did Allah SWT take away his child the full reason is with Allah SWT.

And why does Allah Allows the innocent to suffer and die , like for example palestinian children and israel or even jewish families and nazis ? Well these people who have endured would most definetly enter paradise but a horrible horrible punishment will await the opressors and killers.

I ask for Allah SWT's forgiveness if I had said something wrong.:astag:

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Sister Finding Light, I hope your dear friend will get well soon. She is lucky to have a friend who really cares about her well-being, Alhamdulillah. Keep it that way, sister and may He send a truthful friend during your time in needs too. :)

If she doesn't find comfort by your words, let the Qur'an comforts her, inshaa Allaah.

And surely you may share whatever goodness that you find in here as all goodness comes from Allaah.

Wa'alaykummus salaam.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Walaykum Salaam,
Aww Sis, JazakAllah Khair but I am not that good a friend. I'm selfish because I cant bare to see her like that. it hurts me...
I gave her the print of your posts, Bro Kashif was the lucky one - his first paragraph got read before the paper went down and her eyes closed.... :/ MEH! Pray for my friend's return to the path of Allah and for my patience :)

Anyway, on the topic of this thread - I found another thread which might be useful to the OP:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80929

strive-may-i

To understand a well-wishing and wise leaders plan, unless the follower sticks to the orders/plans an understanding might never develop..

And now to understand Almightys plan....

Read the posts once again, May Almighty Bless each of them. And May Almighty send enough help and guidance our way, to strengthen our Imaan... Ameen