Potato Soup

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

I seem to be on a cooking spree these days.... the other day, I made a nice, homemade baked Mac and Cheese with tomatoes on top.

Today, it was Potato Soup, and I *might* try making some scones tomorrow.

(And I also made tinda and torai and dal-chawal the other day too, but nobody wants to hear about those kinda boring things.)

So here's the recipe for Potato Soup. I haven't tried it yet, so no idea how it turned out:

POTATO SOUP

You will need:

3 medium size potatoes
Dash pepper and salt
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup milk or light cream
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 chopped onion
1 tablespoon of butter
Spring onions (optional)

Take around 3 medium sized pototoes. Boil, peel and chop roughly.

Make 2 cups of chicken broth. The easiest way is to take 2 chicken flavoured bouillon cubes and dissolve in 2 cups of water.

Puree the boiled potatoes in the blender with some of the chicken broth.

In a pan, fry around 1/2 chopped onion. When pink, add 1 tablespoon of flour, a dash of pepper, dash of salt and 1 cup of milk (or light cream)

Stir well so no lumps are formed and cook till slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook a minute more and then add the pureed potatoes and all the chicken broth. Can add in a little bit of butter at this point. Add some water for desired consistency and boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in some chopped green part of spring onions in the end for flavour.

Bon Appetit.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

I love potato soup, though I take the easy way out and use a can of cream of potato and add water, sour cream, and cheese.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

I love potato soup, though I take the easy way out and use a can of cream of potato and add water, sour cream, and cheese.

:wasalam:

That's a great suggestion, and really quick and easy. However, I was never able to find a potato soup brand which didn't contain beef broth/chicken broth as one of its ingredients. :(

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

That's a great suggestion, and really quick and easy. However, I was never able to find a potato soup brand which didn't contain beef broth/chicken broth as one of its ingredients. :(

Sometimes I combine cream of potato and cream of chicken and make it loaded potato cheesy chicken soup.

As you said, it doesn't take that long to make and it's really good too.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Ah, now that I don't know. It's chicken, so no pork in it. Other than that I don't know.

Hm, the thing is, we just don't refrain from pork, right? We have to also try to refrain from eating any meat which hasn't been slaughtered with Allah's name on it.

Brother, would you please open up a thread on this matter, probably in the Islamic Discussions subforum? I think it would be beneficial to alot of members here.....

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Hm, the thing is, we just don't refrain from pork, right? We have to also try to refrain from eating any meat which hasn't been slaughtered with Allah's name on it.

Brother, would you please open up a thread on this matter, probably in the Islamic Discussions subforum? I think it would be beneficial to alot of members here.....

Eh, well see, I don't really know enough about Islamic matters to be starting threads like that.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Eh, well see, I don't really know enough about Islamic matters to be starting threads like that.

I meant a thread asking a question. This is actually a pretty delicate subject, and maybe you might want to ask some of the brothers about this - they could explain better than I could.

xAllahKnowsBestx

I actually made this a couple of weeks ago! It was sooo good!! :D :D JazakAllahu khayr for the recipe sis. :D

...And whatever happened to Brother JustaGuy? I haven't seen him post in a while.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
I actually made this a couple of weeks ago! It was sooo good!! :D :D JazakAllahu khayr for the recipe sis. :D

...And whatever happened to Brother JustaGuy? I haven't seen him post in a while.

I've had some things going on in my life. My faith has been tested, but I am slowly finding my way back to God...

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Oh sis I'm so happy you liked the recipe! I too made this a second time a couple of weeks ago. My mom especially likes this soup.

I think I actually combined three recipes to come up with this one, so I'm happy people like my invention, lol. :hearts:

xAllahKnowsBestx

I've had some things going on in my life. My faith has been tested, but I am slowly finding my way back to God...

Well, welcome back to TTI brother! May Allah make things easy for you!

Oh sis I'm so happy you liked the recipe! I too made this a second time a couple of weeks ago. My mom especially likes this soup.

I think I actually combined three recipes to come up with this one, so I'm happy people like my invention, lol. :hearts:

Haha creative ;) This is like one of the only things I can make now.. lool. 100% foolproof.

mehitora

Haha creative ;) This is like one of the only things I can make now.. lool. 100% foolproof.

I just proved it's not entirely foolproof. I just made this amazing soup and it is so delicious, but I nearly boiled my potatoes to nothingness. I ended up with less then half the potatoes I started with. If I had boiled them much longer I would have had no potatoes at all. Still, it is so delicious. Thank you, sister Tabassum07, for such a great recipe.

xAllahKnowsBestx

I just proved it's not entirely foolproof. I just made this amazing soup and it is so delicious, but I nearly boiled my potatoes to nothingness. I ended up with less then half the potatoes I started with. If I had boiled them much longer I would have had no potatoes at all. Still, it is so delicious. Thank you, sister Tabassum07, for such a great recipe.

Hahaha awwh sis, it's okay. It's not your fault the potatoes wouldn't stop cooking, lol. ;)

It's a great recipe though. :D