Am I guilty too?

JenGiove

:salam2: Sister,

First, it is my hope that you have a a peace-filled Ramadan this year and that all your du'a's are heard.

Second, I've been trying to find something specifically related to parents who commit sin <as I think that is what is going on here but my understanding about pictures is limited> when I found this. I can only ASSUME, please keep that word in mind, that the same rule would apply. I'm not going to post the whole fatwah but I will post the link. I hope it does lead to some answers for you. The question was relating to the husband drinkinng and is there any sin on her. I've included it for your understanding.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/10831/sin

Her husband drinks alcohol – is she sinning by living with him?
ar - en - es - ug
What should a muslim wife do if her husband drinks alcohol. She has tried to make him stop, but he refuses. The only thing he has managed to do is lessen the frequency of his drinking. She is very observant in practicing the religion and fears that she may suffer punishment for her husband's behavior. At the same time, she does love her husband and wants to preserve the relationship. What should she do in this case?

With regard to yourself, there is no sin on you if your husband drinks alcohol, because a person will not be brought to account for the sins of another. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):​

“And no bearer of burdens shall bear another’s burden”[Faatir 35:18]

Rather, you will be rewarded for your sincere advice to your husband.
I'll keep looking. Maybe I'll find it...inshallah.

EDIT: Sister, a quick question, is there a way for you to paint over the geeze in a such a way that it earases the geeze but blends into the rest of the image?

“Do not leave any image without erasing it or any raised grave without leveling it.” Narrated by Muslim, 1/66

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2: wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. . .

IN short No! sister you are not responsible for others sins, as the ayah in the fatwa posted by Jen says:

“And no bearer of burdens shall bear another’s burden”[Faatir 35:18]

Your Job was one of the three:
a)stop the evil by force, b) by tongue or c) consider it evil in your heart.

You couldn't use force with her, as she's your mother. Jannah lies beneath her feet. You were to talk to her, help her understand, convince her. You did that already. Allah is just he can see you tried sincerely.

Don't feel bad, it's ramadhan. It's the time when duas are accepted. Make duas as you do dawah. Don't give up on her. She's bound to give way if you stick to it. Keep trying, Wash clothes with her, iron them, prepare all the aftar, than press her feet, when she's happy. Start a discussion on Islam and what the ummah is facing these days. Talk about how Somalia is facing drought and why this kinda thing happens. Engage her in a discussion. When she's all into it, tell her how we can't even let one small thing go for the sake of Allaah (For Example: That painting in the dining room). Wouldn't Allaah's wrath be on us Muslims when we care so less for His obedience? Even though we take none but him for Ilah and believe in the last messenger.

This "everyone is doing it" is one real BIG problematic excuse. Someone said it very beautifully. "If a mother has four sons and three of them chop off her limbs. Should that mean it's fine for the fourth to do the same because EVERYONE else did it?

Pray in your room or a room where there are no pictures. Allaah will not turn down your prayers because you couldn't do something you were not given the power to do.

P.S. You should have heard the names I got. A sister at TTI really rolled over with laughter when I told her what I was called at home back than *smile*. It'll all be over Inshaa'Allah.

JenGiove

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/3332/images

What is the proper way to erase forbidden images?
ar - en - fr - ur
The Prophet ordered that all images be destroyed.
Is it sufficient to erase just the eyes, or the face, or the head ?

Praise be to Allaah.

The image is the face, which must be erased so that the image disappears, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade striking the “image”. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari).

The meaning is that it is forbidden to strike the face, as was explained in other ahaadeeth. The fact that “image” means the face means that the facial features must be erased. And Allaah knows best.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr
Excuse me but I need help understanding this because it seems contradictory...maybe it's a typo? If image means the "face" and forbade means "refuse to allow", then why is this fatwah saying that the facial features must be erased? Does that strike anyone else as contradictory? I'll haqve to ask Islamqa on their English page..

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
:salam2:,

Ukhti, it's okay. You did what you could; you tried to get through to her but she's choosing not to listen.

Her prerogative.

Inshallah, Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala will still send angels to your house. I doubt YOU should be deprived of the benefit since you did your part and it's no longer up to you. Khair inshallah, don't worry :).

I really ABHOR the "fanatic mullani" ruling. I had aunts that called me that after I started wearing hijab and it really hurt alot. However alhamdulillah that was such a long time ago and they've come to respect me so much since then that they respect the hijab too now.

As for the marriage part? Lol I wouldn't be too worried. Mashallah, so many people are turning to Islam these days, chances are there will be many more brothers who want a muhajabah than you think :)

Patience is truly a virtue. Just hang onto it and inshallah, you'll taste the sweetness of it as well.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Thank you JenGiove, for trying to look for the right fatwas.

Thank you Sis Shahnazz and Seeking Allah's Mercy for your truly kind words and sympathy. I'm so pathetic, I'm in tears again. I cannot express how much your words mean - JazakAllahu Khayran!

I know it hurts A LOT when one's own parents say things like that, and trust me, I hear these things a lot, and they really cut me up inside. There was a whole lot more to the admonishment that I'm just too shy to post up on a public forum.. things that really hit a nerve in me. InshaAllah though, I'll be alright tomorrow. :)

My first reaction was to just retreat inside and stay quiet for a while - but instead I thought I'd go back to the kitchen and made the rest of the lunch. (My mother had told me to make one dish, and said she'd make the other... I was already done with the first, but then went back and made the second one too... I suppose it helped a bit in calming her down?)

JenGiove

:salam2: Sister Tabassum07,

I found this today and thought of the comments that your mother said to you. I thought I'd pass it on for your reading. I hope things have calmed down for you.

Don’t be such a fanatic!
ar - en - fr - es
What is the ruling on a person who, when he is advised with regard to an action which goes against sharee’ah, immediately says, “Don’t be such a fanatic and so extreme; be moderate.” We hope you can explain what moderation is.

Praise be to Allaah.

Whoever is advised concerning something that is haraam according to sharee’ah, so that he can avoid it or give it up, or is told of an obligation so that he can fulfil it, then he says something like this, is doing wrong. What he should do, if he is advised, is to thank the person who has offered the advice, then he should look at himself and if the advice was justified, then he should avoid the haraam thing and do what is obligatory. As far as his comment “you are a fanatic” is concerned, fanaticism, laxity and moderation are all to be understood in reference to sharee’ah. Whatever is in accordance with sharee’ah is moderate; whatever exceeds that is extreme and whatever falls short of that is laxity. The standard in all cases is sharee’ah and the meaning of moderation is that which is in accordance with the sharee’ah. Whatever is in accordance with sharee’ah is moderate.

From the fatwas of Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:

Thank you JenGiove, for trying to look for the right fatwas.

Thank you Sis Shahnazz and Seeking Allah's Mercy for your truly kind words and sympathy. I'm so pathetic, I'm in tears again. I cannot express how much your words mean - JazakAllahu Khayran!

Asalmaoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. .

Quiet understandable. Trust me whenI say sister "been there, done that." You are not alone*smile*

You stick to the cause of Allaah, Allaah will ease your path. This is experience talking! I guess its in the subcontinent parents' DNA to freak out first. May Allaah help your parents realize what's important in life.

Remember what the prophet of Allaah :saw2:said:

Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers.” [Muslim]

Be happy if you treated as a stranger, Stranger!