My 1/2 cent on "Democracy!"

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

social-media-democracy.jpg

If I were to ask you about Democracy, what would be your answer?

Owkey let us find a "global" definition for this term. I have searched some documents in great areas like Encyclopedia Britannica also. They ALL conclude one common characteristic of it which is, "EQUAL say of ALL the figures/people involved in the selection, election and/or decision to do something."

I am sure that you all know very well about the so called "rules" they have in "Democracy". So the purpose of this post is not to mention any explanation of that word, nor to make any highlights about the "changes" this "Democracy" has brought into our communities. If Allah Wills, we will make a ponder over those things in detail in another opportunity.

We all know thoroughly that it is the West which has brought us something called "Democracy" and opened markets to sell this "product". So let us look at the "Democracy" not in Italy, not in US, and not in British either, but the "Democracy" they practice in the United Nations (UN). The World's most Powerful Organisation after the League of Nations which had 58 members, but collapsed due to the World War 2.

So what am I going to point out in THIS post??

When the UN was created, they has brought it to existence with some thought provoking features which are TOTALLY against their calls for, and of "Democracy". Let me mention just ONE main reason for my claim here.

There are 5 Permanent Veto Powered countries in the United Nations' Security Council. Not a single country, nor a Group/Organisation of countries can do "anything" to these countries. Namely they are, China, France, Russian Federation, The United Kingdom and The United States.

According to "Democracy" all the countries in it MUST have the Equal right to participate and use power in the Security Council. However, keeping the permanent Membership aside, we are seeing something much horrible and unfair in it.

Let me tell you an example: A Country is proven of breaking the International Laws, Humanitarian Values, and attacking a neighbouring country repeatedly for Decades. Some countries in the Security Council opted to present a Bill to the Council which if Passed, the UN will get the power to take actions against that country which has been Violating the International Laws. However, even if 14 among the total of 15 members of the council Votes to pass the Bill, and just US alone pressed the "red" button, the whole picture will need to be erased.

My dear brothers and sisters! If the Above is how great they practice the so called "Democracy" in themselves, what are they calling us for?

The answer is simple. They need just one main thing from us. Our freedom, our values, our pride and our prestige & Dignity which Allah has given us. Be ware whom we are being faced my dear brothers and sisters! Among them, they has one face, and when they come to us, they show some other face, forgetting the SAME issues with them. If those are really wonderful "ways", why don't they change just what I have mentioned up there?

May Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) keep us steadfast in His Deen, and help us to spend our lives in the correct path, leading towards nowhere but Jannah. Ameen!

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

If we look at the reasons for the creation of the UN we need to go back to the turn of the century.

There is no democracy.

We need to understand what was going on in Russia.
What on earth was Woodrow Wilson not thinking.
Why are the Protocols of the Elders not published.
Why was the Scofield Bible published; why was this the demise of the "democratic US'.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for bringing up this thread and remainding us on dangerous of so called " Democracy" which is wallahi so often mentioned in today society.

As Muslims we reject " Democracy" in the way that all people have te same rights,does not metter are fulfiling their rights go against Allahs law, but as Muslims we belive and we should only belive in Shariah law and apply Shariah law in every aspect of our life. And as Muslims we should never forget that it is fard upon us to apply Shariah law in our countries if that is possible, because it is order from Allah subhan wa teala to us Muslims, like a way of protection of our deen, our honour and on the end even our own lifes SubhanAllah.

Allah subhan wa teala sent all Prophets with His law to be applyed on this World, and on the end Allah subhan wa teala sent Shariah law to our beloved Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa salam and trough our deen Islam like a perfect law and as perfect way of life.

I wish there be Shariah law one day in every place of this World. Ameen Ya Rabby. :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

IbnAdam77

Jazakumullahu Khairan sisters for the contribution. :)

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
True democracy does not exist anymore. The USA model is more akin to the old Roman style Republic than a Greek style democracy.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Things are getting pretty ugly around here!!!

What keeps me going is faith. It is simply crazy out there. Simply crazy.

Yet, we need to recognize as Muslims we have been given a way of living that is good for everyone. Be you Muslim or non-Muslim there is a coda of living standards that are fair.

The scope of the Sunna is so comprehensive it covers all minor and major details of life. The Sunna provides the ABC's of how to conduct life from the individual to the universal.

And the Romans called everyone else barbarians...Peace loving Muslims are called the "T" word. Go figure.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
It was always a fact how the UN worked but there's something about seeing the procedure on paper that really screams injustice.

How can a country lose veto power?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

You know what I hate about country clubs..they make their rules and change their rules to suit their needs..and the UN is a country club..

Wannabemuslim

True democracy does not exist anymore. The USA model is more akin to the old Roman style Republic than a Greek style democracy.

Al salaam, the greek "democracy" wasnt democracy at all!. They had elites that voted and the elites where few in number as well...

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2:

The term “democracy” is taken from the Greek language and literally means “the rulership of the people”.

We should bear in mind that direct participation of the entire populace in the government is virtually impossible. It was so in the days of the ancient Greeks when the state was very small and it is even more so in the much larger states of today. The solution for this has been some form of representative democracy wherein representatives carry out the legislative, executive, and judicial functions of the government on behalf of the people who elect them. These officials always claim to be carrying out the will of their constituencies. Democracy cannot flourish except in an atmosphere of freedom of opinion and a multiplicity of political parties.

Since it is unlikely that all of these representatives are ever going to agree with each other, democracy today is the rule of the majority out of the small group of representatives who are elected to government.

Even with this, there is still no consensus among those nations that call themselves democratic on a number of important principles relating to what democracy entails. For one thing, there has historically been – and still is – considerable disagreement over who has the right to vote and who has the right to seek political office. Some set the minimum voting age at eighteen, others at 21. Women have been excluded from elections in certain democratic countries, blacks in others. Some countries prohibit people in the armed forces from participating in elections.

Democracy takes many forms. There is republican democracy, parliamentary democracy, and even constitutional monarchies that are considered democracies.

We should also be aware of the fact that the term “democratic” is often used merely as a term of praise or ridicule among various political factions. One person or faction is described as either democratic or undemocratic, depending on whether its supporters or detractors are speaking.

When we talk about democracy from the vantage point of Islamic Law, we must first define what we mean. If we mean that we can use a democratic approach to government to override the laws of Islam – to permit what Allah has forbidden and prohibit what Allah has made lawful – then we are talking about something that is impermissible in Islam. If we go further and believe that doing so is improving upon Islam, then we fall into unbelief.

Allah says: “The rule is only for Allah. He commands that we worship none but Him.”

Allah says: “Is it the rule of the times of ignorance that you desire? Who is better than Allah at ruling for a people who have certainty of faith?”

If, however, we mean to use a democratic approach merely as a system of governance that we employ within the context of Islamic Law, using it only for matters that are open to interpretation, juristic discretion, and human decision making, then there is nothing wrong with it.

And Allah knows best.

:salam2:

IbnAdam77

JazakAllahu khairan brother HAPPY 2B A MUSLIM for the wonderful piece of information you have contributed. :)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
democracy is only a word in the vocabulary,it has a meaning,but some bad-minded people use it for their own interests.berlusconi always talk about democracy,but who knows why he always talks, while in south Italy the Mafia continues to steal money and work to honest people.