I need some serious advice.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalamu alaykum!

I have a good friend who is in a terrible state right now. She's very upset and depressed and is convinced she's going to burn in hell. Basically, she hasnt been praying for over a year! She has been dealing with depression and just stopped, now shes upset because she doesnt know if its too late for her. Like, no matter how much she makes Salaat it will never make up for that year.

I really dont know what to tell her.
It's never too late to repent for past transgressions?
Please help me to help her...Fiamanaillah!

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Wa`alaykumassalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

This is clear sign of depression and an advantage for shaytaan who is whispering her of being in Hell. Tell your friend Allah has promised he will forgive us if we ask him sincerely.

O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”[al-Zumar 39:53]

“O you who believe! Turn to Allaah with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will expiate from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise)” [al-Tahreem 66:8]

“Truly, Allaah loves those who turn unto Him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves”[al-Baqarah 2:222]

“Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease (from disbelief), their past will be forgiven” [al-Anfaal 8:38]

Advise her to start praying immediately without fail and do alot of good deeds and voluntary prayers. Its definitely not late to repent say her to repent asap and start praying before death strikes Inshaa`Allah she will be in Jannah. Also tell her to make use of the recommended Du`aa for depression and distress

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu alaikum,

the door of repentance is always open for the one who truly seeks forgiveness :)

Allaah is Ar-rahman Ar-raheem.......as long as you're alive, He shall forever forgive!

Tell her to pray Salah tahajud......Wallahi she is going to feel sooo good and not have guilt in her.

Depression hurts, but we're provided with the Qur'an and Salah that will always put us at peace.
I ask Allah to bestow his mercy upon your dear friend. I bet she'll be deeply touched if she sees this post (your post thats)! subhana'Allah <3

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

No sister, your friend is not too late, as long as she has understood that she has sinned.

Let her understand that Allah Azzawajal loves her more than every one.

AND PLZ Let hr listen to this lecture..

[yt]VAHEuqXT5yQ&feature[/yt]​

Fee Amanillah

tariq353

She's very upset and depressed and is convinced she's going to burn in hell. Basically, she hasnt been praying for over a year! She has been dealing with depression and just stopped, now shes upset because she doesnt know if its too late for her. Like, no matter how much she makes Salaat it will never make up for that year.
I really dont know what to tell her.

Quran 4:147.
What would Allah do with [i.e., gain from] your punishment if you are grateful and believe?

Quran 17:25
Your Lord is most knowing of what is within yourselves. If you should be righteous [in intention] – then indeed He is ever, to the often returning [to Him], Forgiving.

Better Late than Never........Doors are open till death overtakes.​

Quran 4:48
Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills.

Allah can forgives any sin which he wants to "EXCEPT SHIRK". Any person who died as mushrik.........no hope.

Otherwise if Allah wants he can forgive any other sin.
(But we should not take this as granted.)

wa salam

Shak78

Assalamu alaikum,

As many have said tell her to start praying again and ask Allah for forgiveness. I deal with depression as well and it is a tough battle, some days I just don't want to pray but I do and feel better. If she can, see a doctor as well, there are medications that can help as well.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum

If she does sincere repentance, she must look forward and not backwards. Allah forgives all sins, and she must believe in this. - It is right to feel guilt, but not to despair from Allah's mercy. She must have confidence and find some peace with knowing that Allah is the most Mercfiul, the most Compassionate and Loves His Slaves. Her aim, just as our own, must be to become not only a Slave of Allah, but a friend of Allah.

O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”[al-Zumar 39:53]

[yt]nyZNmxjp-pc[/yt]

Give her this Quran Video.

Wasalamu Alaykum

Sarahg

:salam2:

I was in a similar situation before, and I asked a well-learned person what I should do. She told me that after every fardh salah, I should read a cuthza salah for that same prayer for what i have missed before.
For example, after I pray 2 rakats sunnah and 2 rakats fardh for fajr prayer, I read another 2 rakats (fardh) cutha for fajr for what I have missed previously (in the past year, week, month, etc). And for asr after you are finished, you would read 4 rakats fardh cuthza. You can do this for every salah of the day for however long you deem necessary(like for the next year, month, or however long you missed).
Does that make sense?
Of course Allah is extremely forgiving, but salah is Fardh (obliatory-- as in you HAVE to do it), so if you put in some effort, Allah will InshAllah forgive all of us.

:wasalam: