Question on Sharia Law ?

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

i dont know how to start. I just heard of news a 14 year old girl in bangladesh was whipped until she died because she was accused of having a relationship with a married man. Of course thats a bad sin but shouldnt the punishment be between her and Allah SWT ? its not only in this case but many others who punished people under the name of Islam. These sort of things really puts my faith into a depression. Should Sharia really be practiced in todays world ? Yes I do know the teachings are from the Quran but isnt it true some teachings in the Holy Book were only meant for the Arabs back then ? dont you think that If the Quran was revealed lets say in Asia , wouldnt the teachings like forms of punishments would be different ? I dont like to question. But when I hear things , scary things, happening under the name Of Allah SWT , The Holy Prophet, and Islam I have no choice but to question. I honestly dont know what to believe. Im sure If Allah SWT were to reveal the Quran in todays world , it would be very different. I believe that Allah revealed the Quran to fit with the Arab culture of the time. Do you guys believe that these people that are following the Shariah are really following the Shariah or they,re just abusing it ? Or that the Shariah shouldnt be practiced in todays world because some of the teachings were only meant for Arabs at the time ?

please answer! Thank You

PLease TTI dont edit or delete this thread.

tariq353

Brother I m very sorry to say.... but your question is full of things which shows ur lack of understanding of basics of Islam.

i dont know how to start. I just heard of news a 14 year old girl in bangladesh was whipped until she died because she was accused of having a relationship with a married man. Of course thats a bad sin but shouldnt the punishment be between her and Allah SWT ? its not only in this case but many others who punished people under the name of Islam. These sort of things really puts my faith into a depression. Should Sharia really be practiced in todays world

First of all i dnt knw abt this particular event......so m jst gvn a general answer..

Punishment for any crime has got 2 motives....
1- To punish the culprit.
2- To stop others from doing that.

1st Aspect-in today's world 2nd motive is missing..........thats y crime is increasing...
Islam doen not jst only say good things that you shd not commit crime ..it also shows the way how to achieve the of crime free state.

suppose criminal law of a country ..punishes Mr X for murder/rape with a capital punishment in a closed jail........ Does this will hv any impact on others??
"NO"
If he wd v punished according to sharia publicly ...it wd hv created terror in the minds of other which prevents others from commit the crime.

2nd aspect is that if a person is punished according to Law of Allah Insha'allah he will not be punished for the same in hereafter....... cz u cnt evn imagine the punishment of hereafter.

Generally christians criticize muslims .. but look what is the law of bible...

{5:28}Bible Matthew
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. {5:29} And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell. {5:30} And if thy right hand offend thee, cut if off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Yes I do know the teachings are from the Quran but isnt it true some teachings in the Holy Book were only meant for the Arabs back then ? dont you think that If the Quran was revealed lets say in Asia , wouldnt the teachings like forms of punishments would be different ?

Quran is the last n final Testament of Allah subhana ta'ala...which is meant for eternity....no where Quran adresses "O YOU ARABS"... It always refer to as 'O MANKIND".... "O YOU WHO HAVE BELIEVED"....

Regarding punishment i v already mentioned........ Crime in the world is increasing due to not following of Allah's Prescribed Law....which is practical

Allah knows best where it shd be........and He revealed....where he deemed fit.

No teachings wdnt hv been different..... u knw what u r saying... ...indirectly u r pointing Question of Ilm-e-gaib of Allah......... :astag:

I dont like to question. But when I hear things , scary things, happening under the name Of Allah SWT , The Holy Prophet, and Islam I have no choice but to question.

What is the definition of muslim?
No where in Quran or sahi hadith it is mentioned that call ur self as muslim n Heaven is granted for u..........On the contrary Allah (swt) is giving dire warning to hypocrites..tht "For them their is a painful punishment"

And blv me on the day of Judgement Allah is not gng to ask u about those persons who r doing theses things.Rather u will be accounted for ur own deeds.

With respect of people doing scary things, happening under the name Of GOD ...look every religion has black sheeps. Crusaders killed lakhs of muslims in the name of God singing "Its not a crime to kill infidels".. Hitler killed millions of Jews.... In India rioters singing praises for God n killed more that 50,000 muslims. i wd be a fanatic if i say that Bible Or Vedas say that u shd do all these things.

I honestly dont know what to believe.
In order to blv first u v to learn from authentic sources.

For eg we can't expect to pass the Mathematics test without properly reading, understanding n practicing Mathematics.

I m sure If Allah SWT were to reveal the Quran in todays world , it would be very different. I believe that Allah revealed the Quran to fit with the Arab culture of the time. Do you guys believe that these people that are following the Shariah are really following the Shariah or they,re just abusing it ?

This is ur personal opinion out of ignorance.... i v already answered to ur Question.......

u knw wn Quran was revealed, its teachings were almost against the arab culture.... cz the arab culture was to fight between clans over petty issues, treating women as commodity, burying girl child, usury, divine arrows, shirk..........eeeetttttttcccccc

this contradicts ur words..

First of All u shd knw that right now NO COUNTRY IN THE WORLD IS USING SHARIA 100%....... some have applied in parts n using as per their convenience......... n their is a big difference between Muslim n Islamic country.

Or that the Shariah shouldn't be practiced in today's world because some of the teachings were only meant for Arabs at the time ?

i v already answered.... to gv a short example....
suppose if sharia is imposed wrt dressing n all women shd be properly dressed up with modesty.... and evn after that a man rapes women.......capital punishment... will rape increase or decrease????????

"ISLAM DOES NOT ONLY PREACHES GOOD THINGS.... IT ACTUALLY SHOWS US THE WAY HOW TO ACHIEVE THAT STATE OF GOODNESS"

PS- The punishment u r talking abt..... same type of punishment is mentioned in Bible n hindu scriptures... but they v left their way n unfortunately we muslims are following them blindly....... how true the words of Prophet :saw: r

" My Ummah will follow the Jews and the Christians inch by inch and cubit by cubit so much so that if they had entered into the hole of the lizard, they would follow them in this also...
Saheeh muslim Bk 33, Number 6448:"

And Allah Knows best..

May Allah Help u in Understanding..
Aameen

WA SALAM

abdul-aziz

Shari'3 basically means to take a someone to court. So sharia law is the system where the commands of Allah are to be administered and executed. Allah states what is permissible and not permissible.

A non muslim can't be ruled by sharia law even if they wanted to. So the running game of words being thrown on western society lately, show the lack of respect and understanding.

As for the muslims, you commit an prohibited act according to the Quran, you end up with 2 choices.

1 being you have Allah, swt, administer the punishment on the day of judgement.

Or

2, you goto to the court and a ruling will be made on the punishment. The moment you are punished by Man, Allah swt, will not hold you accountable for the action because you already satisfied the punishment. This is from the Sunnah. There are many many hadith that show even though the people approaching the prophet, PBUH, knew the punishment, they still came forward as they knew they can relieve themselves from a greater punishment at the day of judgement.

Having said that, there are many areas that are not satisfying the conditions of proving guilt of an individual doing a bad act. Even if the person comes right out and says they did a bad act, there still needs to be an inquiry on the state of mind of the person as well as whether the person was capable of doing the act.

It's much different than how enforcement is done in other parts of the world. The police in America, will only use what you say against you and never positive for you. So when the court is handed your case, they here the information that has been catered to convict you. In sharia, it is different, the complete truth is the truth and that is what a justice must consider. As we are bound by the bounty of Allah and Allah, swt is only truthful and just.

And just to let you know, students studying jurisprudence in Islam, are given so much difficult scenarios to resolve that by the time they reach a level where they can be a judge, they have understood it very very well. It is the most knowledge knowing demanding area in Islam.

looking in the past at our scholars, Shafai, rihima Allah, was a Judge in northern Yemen. He made his ruling based on the Quran and Sunnah. The people there didn't like his rulings, so they proceeded to put him in prison. Shafai, was right the people were wrong.

wa Allah ya'lam

:wasalam:

misalat

brother TARIQ353 has answered very good.... masha Allah!
i think the questioner need to understand clearly the basics of islam.
questions like this can lead someone into astray, and shows clearly lack of knowledge in the first place.
Allah knows best!

mezeren

The punishment for adultery in Quran is a hundred lashes for both married and single.The death penalty is not from Quran but from sunnah and there are different opinions among the scholars about the matter.

Some say that death sentence had been applied before the verse below has been revealed and punishment should be according to Quran after that time.

“Flog each of them, from the woman and the man, guilty of adultery/illegal sexual intercourse, hundred stripes. If you believe in Allah and in the Last Day, don’t become tender to them when you perform the order of Allah. Let a party of the believers testify with their own eyes this punishment done to them”(Noor 24/2))

You could search the web for further info.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

These punishments exist so people can see how serious these crimes are - if no one was punished, how would you stop people from doing bad things? If people are just given a scolding or shut up in jail for a year or so, even if they commit heinous crimes, they would think it's just a small matter and continue as they have been. The Quran gives us these punishments for a reason - if a person knows he's risking losing his hand if he steals, he'd think twice before stealing, right?

Mairo

Maryama
Asalaamu aleikum dear brother

I also read something about this story earlier, I think it was on CNN, but now looking for it again I can't seem to find it . . . However, there were a few things that stuck out to me about the article.

Although I do fully support all aspects of Shariah Law, including punishment for fornication/adultery as was enforced during the time of the prophet, there are certain requirements that must be met in order to find people guilty of such an act. Either they must confess of their own volition, or there must be 4 witnesses present who can testify that the act in fact occured. In this case, at least according to the article I read, this does not seem to be the case. It looks as though the wife of the man accused witnessed something, but it did not sound as though anyone else attested to it.

In addition, according to the reports from the girl, she claimed she was actually raped by this man. If this is true, how abominable that she was not only been subjected to the horrific act of rape, but then on top of that received a punishment she did not deserve!?!? This type of punishment is not ever supposed to be inflicted on one who is a victim of rape, in the case of rape it should only be carried out against the rapist himself.

Which brings to another point, which is that the man in this instance was also supposed to be punished with the same punishment, but somehow after only a few strikes he was able to "escape". Truly, this is one of the things that bothers me the most when these types of punishments are carried out. Somehow it often only is the woman who is punished, not the male counterpart. This is completely wrong and unjust! Also, I think in this case the man was supposed to have been punished more severely through stoning to death, as he was actually married but the girl was not.

In the end, a lot of this case seems to be speculation - we don't know for sure what really happened, whether this was an act of rape, or was done with mutual consent, or if it even happened at all. But we can know that Allah is the ultimate witness, if any wrongdoing was done it will not escape from the justice of Allah.

Also, as others have mentioned, this type of action (illegal sexual intercourse) is a terrible act that deserves to be punished severely, and it is God's injuction that we need to follow about what is the appropriate punishment. However, it not only serves the purpose to punish a wrongdoer for what has been done, effectively acting as deterrent (which others have mentioned), but it is also serves as an expiation of the sin for the believer, and Allah can admit that person to Paradise. If a punishment is not inflicted here on the earth, then one will have to await the ultimate judgement of Allah, who may or may not forgive this sin.

Brother, I really appreciate your kind heart and concern with respect to this news story. Please do not lose faith and do not ever doubt that Allah is absolutely just, and also the most kind, beneficient and merciful.

Wasalaam

tariq353

As per this article "Hena Akhter, in her last words to her mother, said she was innocent"

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/29/bangladesh.lashing.death/index.html

if it is so it is the case of rape not adultery...

Allah knows best.....

Although I do fully support all aspects of Shariah Law, including punishment for fornication/adultery as was enforced during the time of the prophet, there are certain requirements that must be met in order to find people guilty of such an act. Either they must confess of their own volition, or there must be 4 witnesses present who can testify that the act in fact occured. In this case, at least according to the article I read, this does not seem to be the case. It looks as though the wife of the man accused witnessed something, but it did not sound as though anyone else attested to it.

True words,i do agree that their are certain requirements to be fulfillled before implementing sharia..... first of all had they (pronouncer of judgement ) established the society on islamic morals so that there is no room for such things??? i dnt think so .... so hw cm they jst jump upn giving decree.

4 witnesses are required.....accusation isn't sufficient not only this even during interrogation any of the witness is proved to be wrong,,,,he should be flogged with 80 lashes n declared as Faasiq..not only this he will be debarred from giving witness in future...

Its unfortunate people r making fun of sharia .....

Brother, Sharia is a complete way to a civilised society but people r making fun of it by implementing it in parts as per their convenience without fulfilling the preconditions.

Quran 2 :85
So do you believe in part of the Scripture and disbelieve in part? Then what is the recompense for those who do that among you except disgrace in worldly life; and on the Day of Resurrection they will be sent back to the severest of punishment. And Allah is not unaware of what you do.

May Allah guide us....

Wa salam

Attachments

• CNN.pdf
    215.9 KB · Views: 22

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

dear bro...Islam came to prevail until the end of world. sharia is the solution for the world problems like crimes, sins, poverty, etc.

also, time is very near when we'll see isa (as) and imam mehdi ruling according to Quran and sunnah and the world will witness real peace and justice.

so, if some ppl abuse sharia..dnt blame sharia, blame ppl. also, something seems hard but actually its good for the mankind as a whole.

Islam!!yay

Thanks brothers/sisters for your kind response. Yes I do understand the importance of Sharia , but when It falls to the wrong hands thats where it will start lots of problems.

I was wondering if the Quran states that "girls" are included in the Verse , or is Allah Mentioning to older more mature "Women" ?

tariq353

wa alaikum as salam wa rehmatullahi,

@Islam!!yay- Brother we can very well understand ur position n it really feels bad wn we see all these things on media .... similar kind of situation was in my conntry few years back whn a one person rapes his daughter-in-law immediately each n every school started giving fatwa...n media always look for this opportunity to malign Islam ...they blew this out of proportion n displayed distorted form of this story for months.... We have to be very much careful about what we get from media.

Allah says "Wn ever u get any information, investigate it before passing it or acting over it."

"O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful."
[Quran 49:6]

can u plz point the exact verse u r talking abt.. :)

@ilyas_eh - :SMILY259: Jazak allah khair.. " I m ready n willing to teach u both, urdu n hindi..tell me where to start from..."oie to mei keh raha hoon" :D

Wa salam
:)

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum: My Brother In Islam.

May Allah shower His utmost blessings upon you.

The importance of Sharia Laws can best grasped by a victim of certain Mis-happening. May Allah forbid,If anyone of your close relation happens to be a rape victim,what punishment would you want to be bombarded on the accused?. Ponder over it.

unnecessary mercy will always hinder establishment of justice. You want justice,it will prevail only with strictness.

Don't you think the need of implementation of Sharia Laws globally today is utmost than ever before?.

But one thing is of very importance the punish setter must himself prove of his transparent character.

Bhai Tariq,MashaAllah for your reply. May Allah further increase your Ilm-E_Deen.

Regards.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
@ilyas_eh - oie to mei keh raha hoon" :D

Wa salam
:)

OOH! so this is how you say that!!!!!!

i just wrote the actual pronunciation.. (of some bizarre accent, apparently) *smiles*

keep smiling bro. may Allah reward you.

wa salaam.

abdul-aziz

Thanks brothers/sisters for your kind response. Yes I do understand the importance of Sharia , but when It falls to the wrong hands thats where it will start lots of problems.

I was wondering if the Quran states that "girls" are included in the Verse , or is Allah Mentioning to older more mature "Women" ?

Your almost right, in that there is a difference. There is a difference between a married person verses a single person. The married person commits adultery while the single person commits fornification. Now they (married or single) don't need to say anything to anybody and repent to Allah, swt (see ayat 3,135), but if the information is made public by the person (or supporting evidence), the hadd(punishment) is different for each case between the married and single. The married person is more severe. What a lot of people don't know is that difference.

And no there is no difference between the man and the women too. They both get the same treatment in Islam but a lot of cultures improvise (istagfirAllah).

Islam!!yay

Your almost right, in that there is a difference. There is a difference between a married person verses a single person. The married person commits adultery while the single person commits fornification. Now they (married or single) don't need to say anything to anybody and repent to Allah, swt (see ayat 3,135), but if the information is made public by the person (or supporting evidence), the hadd(punishment) is different for each case between the married and single. The married person is more severe. What a lot of people don't know is that difference.

And no there is no difference between the man and the women too. They both get the same treatment in Islam but a lot of cultures improvise (istagfirAllah).

I dont believe you answered my question.

I was asking If The Holy Quran makes any distinction between girls and women .

JenGiove

I dont believe you answered my question.

I was asking If The Holy Quran makes any distinction between girls and women .

While I do not have the Surrah to point out I believe the distinction lays in whether or not the female has reached the age of maturity...IE: menstruation. Once a girl has had her first menstruation, the rules apply to her be her 9 or 19 as they would for any adult female....