Israel slams Catholic archbishop.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:bismillah:
:salam2:
greeting!

How are you brothers and sisters?
~May Allah reward the best of health and protection to you and your families~Amin!

Israel slams Catholic statement on Mideast, singling out archbishop.

Intrenational News report.
Jerusalem, Israel -- A top Israeli official on Sunday criticized a new statement from Catholic bishops on the Middle East and blasted the remarks of a Catholic archbishop who spearheaded the statement as "libel."

On Saturday, Catholic bishops from the Middle East concluded a two-week conference in Rome, Italy, with a call for the international community, especially the United Nations, to work "to put an end to the occupation" of Palestinian territories.

On Sunday, Israeli Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon criticized that concluding statement of the conference, called a synod.

Ayalon singled out the remarks of a Catholic archbishop who said at the conference that Israel is not the Jews' promised land.

" Christians cannot speak of the 'promised land' as an exclusive right for a privileged Jewish people," Archbishop Cyril Salim Bustros, who leads the Greek Melkite Church in the U.S., said at the conference's final press conference on Saturday. "This promise was nullified by Christ."

"There is no longer a chosen people -- all men and women of all countries have become the chosen people," Bustros said.

Bustros led the committee that drafted the synod's concluding statement on Israel and the Palestinians.

The Palestinian Authority, meanwhile, praised the synod and echoed Bustros' remarks.

"Israel cannot use the biblical concept of a promised land or chosen people to justify new settlements in Jerusalem or Israeli territorial claims," Saeb Erakat, a spokesman for Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and a chief palestinian negotiator, said in a statement Sunday.

Erakat said the synod sent "a clear a message to the government of Israel that it may not claim that Jerusalem is an exclusively Israeli city."

"(In) coming weeks we will engage in discussions with the Vatican on ways to further consolidate our fantastic relations," Erakat said. "

The Catholic synod's Saturday statement came at the end of a meeting headed by Pope Benedict XVI.

"The Palestinian people will thus have an independent and sovereign homeland where they can live with dignity and security,"

"The Holy City of Jerusalem will be able to acquire its proper status, which respects its particular character, its holiness and the religious patrimony of the three religions: Jewish, Christian and Muslim," it said. "We hope that the two-state-solution might become a reality and not a dream only."

The pope first publicly endorsed a two-state solution to the Middle East crisis during a visit to the region in May 2009. At the time, he assured Palestinians of the Vatican's support of a sovereign Palestinian homeland. It was a concept that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu resisted.

News Report.

May Allah swt help all muslim~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam .

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Israel has been slamming Christians constantly. If you watch video games and listen to the dialogue it is amazing. When you watch tv programs it is unreal as to the amount of hate that is spewed towards Christians. The songs which are produced in Hollywood are of the same nature.

Muslims have nothing to do with the war on Christians. We have to gain a greater understanding of the bigger picture.

Alas, I try to throw a post here and there but no-one listens. I urge you to read and the suggestions are dismissed.

So, It is time to move on.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

How come nobody ever understand that Israel no matter what will not stop the illegal occupation, as they truly believe that it is their hereditary right to occupy the Holy Land. I haven't seen liars as good as Jews neither did I see people as betraying and backstabbing as them. I think the ummah should realize that Israel is not packing up their bags on some tiny peace negotiations, they need a severe punishment. They need to be driven out. They kill aid workers and they commit the world's worst humanitarian crimes and they don't face sanctions at all. Funny.

FreedomFighter

How come nobody ever understand that Israel no matter what will not stop the illegal occupation, as they truly believe that it is their hereditary right to occupy the Holy Land. I haven't seen liars as good as Jews neither did I see people as betraying and backstabbing as them. I think the ummah should realize that Israel is not packing up their bags on some tiny peace negotiations, they need a severe punishment. They need to be driven out. They kill aid workers and they commit the world's worst humanitarian crimes and they don't face sanctions at all. Funny.

:wasalam:

Totally agree. Actually the ummah probably realizes this, but we have the wrong leaders. I mean just look at our leaders, they are actually helping kufar, and now we know they are not our leaders. Our leaders can't be like this, a khalifah will keep the amanah that God entrust him with but just look at the so called Muslim leaders...blah blah. We need leaders who are true to being Muslim, they will bring goodness and forbid evil. They will work together to make the Muslims strong, then no one can attack us because we will be there for one another. One day.... InshaAllah.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Well I think it's awesome that these Catholic bishops are speaking up in defense of the Palestinians. It's about time Israel's other opposers voice their opinions rather than the world assuming the only enemy Israel has is Muslims.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The Catholic church is a mess these days. In all fairness one must read the history of the Catholic church. What is being uncovered these days is horrific. The Catholic church is infamous for its deeds.
It is not the enemy of Israel. Please read, you will be dumbfounded at what you will unearth. And, I am not referring to the sexual abuse of minors.

For starters find out what the City of London, the District of Columbia and Vatician City have in common.

Seeker-of-truth

Salaam,

The Catholic church is a mess these days. In all fairness one must read the history of the Catholic church. What is being uncovered these days is horrific. The Catholic church is infamous for its deeds.
It is not the enemy of Israel. Please read, you will be dumbfounded at what you will unearth. And, I am not referring to the sexual abuse of minors.

For starters find out what the City of London, the District of Columbia and Vatician City have in common.

wow this seems really interesting please help me find out, seriously what do those 3 places have in common?

thank you very much

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I do not wish to sway anyone in any position. I believe in seeking knowledge. The three places I have mentioned have the name Rothschild in common. You need to go back to the begining of banking in Italy. You need to work your way to the Federal Reserve in the USA. You need to discover who owns what and where. And you will end up with what is going on in the world today.

PS. When we read the Laws of Allah subhana talla sometimes some concepts do not make real sense to us. Take riba. We really have a difficult time understanding why it is so serious and offensive in Islam. When we take the time to study the long term consequences of riba..and see the evil of that which it is..we have to prostrate in adoration to Allah. In His Mercy, He has forbidden for us that which is harmful not only to the individual but to all of mankind.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
A great lost to History!

Well I think it's awesome that these Catholic bishops are speaking up in defense of the Palestinians. It's about time Israel's other opposers voice their opinions rather than the world assuming the only enemy Israel has is Muslims.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I agree with you sister.

The late News reported that The Jews has start burn and damaging the old historical church in Jerusalem.And still the christians and catholic has keeping numb about the whole thing .

Image of the burn down old churches in Jerusalem by Israel.

A great lost to History!

Thank you for reading,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Salaam,

Sisters do you even know what is going on in the Catholic church?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:wasalam:

Calm down sister,

Now,
We are talking about the old historical churches in Jerusalem that all!

~Wassalam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Why do sisters always assume that the issues I discuss are emotional. That is speculative in nature.
I was redirecting the thread to an understanding of the issues on a historical prespective and not a symptomatic level.
To understand why the churches are being burned we have to examine why a group of people i.e the Jews feel no remorse burning the holy sites of other groups. We have to understand the Catholic church has participated in the burning of hoy sites and even having holy men i.e. bishops murdered in cold blood performing mass.
We do not live in isolated island..we live in complex societies and we need to know how they operate.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
It is good to keep in mind that in Israel has a law that holy places are under special protection of government and attacking against them is serious crime. But. By this law "holy places" are only jewish ones, not others.

Partly by this reason zionist government doesn´t pay very much attention if someone destroys old churches or mosques or cemeteries of some other religions. They have even claimed that demolishing some of them is legal as they are built "without permit" - even they have built hundreds years ago.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
The Jews Burn Historical Churches in Jerusalem!

Salaam,

Why do sisters always assume that the issues I discuss are emotional. That is speculative in nature.
I was redirecting the thread to an understanding of the issues on a historical prespective and not a symptomatic level.
To understand why the churches are being burned we have to examine why a group of people i.e the Jews feel no remorse burning the holy sites of other groups. We have to understand the Catholic church has participated in the burning of hoy sites and even having holy men i.e. bishops murdered in cold blood performing mass.
We do not live in isolated island..we live in complex societies and we need to know how they operate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's million of churches all over the world !

Vantican is old and great but not that of memorable background
compared to the Churches in Jerusalem!

ALERT!

This is Historical Churches being damage,ruined and burn down in Jerusalem!
Catholics and Christians chased out of their holy city!

The American have good ties with the Israel
hope The United State of America will be sensitive in this matter!
Afterall America is a Christian country!
I see the President Mr Obama still go to his Sunday Church.

But do the Catholic and Christians still care visiting their holy city where their Jesus Christ laid to rest?
And visit their root churches
and mother of all their churches???

Hope we have some feed back from TTI members of Christians n Catholic faith.
If their old mother of all their churches still of values to them!
If they still care for their Jerusalem The holy city .

As a muslim i feel deeply sympathy at all these that happen.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Unreasonable Jews fact !

It is good to keep in mind that in Israel has a law that holy places are under special protection of government and attacking against them is serious crime. But. By this law "holy places" are only jewish ones, not others.

Partly by this reason zionist government doesn´t pay very much attention if someone destroys old churches or mosques or cemeteries of some other religions. They have even claimed that demolishing some of them is legal as they are built "without permit" - even they have built hundreds years ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It truly sad on the claimed you wrote of The Jews thought of their position!
Truly un fair!

So if the Jews were to think of that way
that mean
all the Jews all over the world would to stay only in Israel!!!
Because base on their fact!
Other country that the Jews stay in is not their country and temple that they built but of on illegal land not theirs!!!

Since they hate to share!!!

The Holy Land In Palestine is meant to be share among
Muslims
Catholics,
Christians
and Jews.

Since The Jews claim it only of their own and not to share(The Jews Killed,damages and Burn Mosques and Churches of Sentimental and historical values).

Then get all the jews to stay in Israel only and no other part of the earth!

Unreasonable Jews fact !

~Wassalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister,

If you would take read on the history of Judaism and its beliefs you would understand what is going on in Isreal.

Please read the history of Christianity.

It would not make sense to discuss the issues unless there is a historical and correct understanding. You asking for reverts to discuss the issues slights the intelligence of Sister Harb and myself. ( We have a good hold on the subject matter).

There is no argument here. Isreal given the nature of the faith feels it has the right to do what it pleases. There are posts, quite recent, that discuss the nature of the aggression and the justification for the aggression.

I brought forth the issue of the Catholic Church as one that is troubled. In my last response I discussed the difference between gaining understanding and the symptoms.

You believe in the sacredness of some churches in Jerusalem. That they are. They are shared with all sects of Christianity. But, that is not the issue being discussed.

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

Thank-you for posting the article.

Israel on one hand has all establishments in this land, has industries, has all sort of lively hoods. Same way on the other side the Palestinian arabs have sufferings. As much I read in 1945 the muslim population was 90% vs 10 % jews but now the situation is reverse of that.

when looking in present times then there is a backing to Israel from Christian countries. We can see the Israeli development and for sure that its not possible without the backings from its supporters. Existence of some enemy state between 27 muslim states is not as easy. If we go back to roots in 1945 it was the plan of 2-3 western states to develop instability in this region.

coming back to article - If that was a promised land as the statement says – then why the jews left it way back.The muslim arabs were living since way long over thousand years so would it be versatile to say that it is promised land anytime again and make forced occupations ? Most jews returned because of the german holocaust through-out europe. To say that was not did by any muslim or muslim nation. Muslims didn't forced them to leave their settlements from anywhere.

Now as am sure that those speaking countries who have speech courtesy have no real influence of their religious heads. Like US went against the Vatican and the UNO in Iraq. Pope paul said at that time - The wrath of God is near when innocents are killed. Still the things happened. So what big wrong that Iraq did that those states have to come with such enemity?

I mean So what’s the use to comprehend or discuss such statements except they are meant for taking some space on paper.

For us muslims its best to concentrate over our religious commitments, inshaAllaah. May Allaah make things better.

- jazaaKAllaahu khayr.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

Salaam,

Sister,

If you would take read on the history of Judaism and its beliefs you would understand what is going on in Isreal.

Please read the history of Christianity.

It would not make sense to discuss the issues unless there is a historical and correct understanding. You asking for reverts to discuss the issues slights the intelligence of Sister Harb and myself. ( We have a good hold on the subject matter).

There is no argument here. Isreal given the nature of the faith feels it has the right to do what it pleases. There are posts, quite recent, that discuss the nature of the aggression and the justification for the aggression.

I brought forth the issue of the Catholic Church as one that is troubled. In my last response I discussed the difference between gaining understanding and the symptoms.

You believe in the sacredness of some churches in Jerusalem. That they are. They are shared with all sects of Christianity. But, that is not the issue being discussed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole idea here is returning what it's was once belong.
Palestine is land shared by
Muslims,
Christians,
Catholics
and
Jews.

Here The Jews burned and damages other properties!
place that people doing worship!
How would you feel if some body burn your house and car that you
bought and paid with your own money!(May Allah swt forbid this~Amin!)
Make sense to you???

I am sorry to dissapoint you sister
that the News never failed us here :)
We are not even disable of knowing history and fact!
Alhamdulillah!

I am sorry too that you don't see that these place is very important to some people but it actually surely does .

quote Catholic bishops said;

"The Holy City of Jerusalem will be able to acquire its proper status, which respects its particular character, its holiness and the religious patrimony of the three religions: Jewish, Christian and Muslim," it said. "We hope that the two-state-solution might become a reality and not a dream only."

But
The Jews has used a shortcut and burn their church!
Just because The Jews wish not to share Palestine!!!

This altogether is not new, our brothers and sisters has meet their fate in the Jews hand.

The Jews Killed our prophets!
Ignore and making fun at Allah swt words.
Making ritual murdered on innocents for years and years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4zxi-hRWLA <one of the case.
The Case of Andrei Youshchinsky by Jews for Ritual murder.

World won't be listening to what Isreal demand
but Israel must listen to what the world want!

That is Peace
And No War,
No Killing of Innocent
No Burning of other's place of worship!
No destroying of houses,school e.tc
No damaging of cemetries
and plantation.

And Stop being So Selfish and Inhumane!(Jews)

p.s:
The article i send and my response said it all
I respect your thought and decision.

:tti_sister:~May Allah swt help all muslim~Amin!

Thank you,
Wassalam :)