Mixture of Emotions!!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

hope you are in the best of health and imaan dear borther and sister!!

i just wanted to share this.i feel such mixture of emotions everytime i view this.

24l9836.jpg

sad,happy,pitiying,......strange!!

jazakallah khair!!

Abdul25

Logical Believer
:salam2:

I really like this photo. at least there is some hope :) . inshAllah one day afghan bhais and behans will live peacefully :)
but i dont understand about why mixed feelings and mixed feelings of what kind?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:

I really like this photo. at least there is some hope :) . inshAllah one day afghan bhais and behans will live peacefully :)
but i dont understand about why mixed feelings and mixed feelings of what kind?

mixed feeling i dunno bhai.i mean i can't explain.

where i feel hatred towards the soldier for what his job is,i feel sorry for him.He's missing on real life.

where i feel sad for the girl,i feel proud of her(almost looks like both are scared of each other and yet they are friends)

and where the pics pains my heart it brings hope!!

sort of mixed and strange i dunno.feel like crying at one time and happy at the other and angry and hopeful and lost. . . . .

Abdul25

Logical Believer
mixed feeling i dunno bhai.i mean i can't explain.

where i feel hatred towards the soldier for what his job is,i feel sorry for him.He's missing on real life.

where i feel sad for the girl,i feel proud of her(almost looks like both are scared of each other and yet they are friends)

and where the pics pains my heart it brings hope!!

sort of mixed and strange i dunno.feel like crying at one time and happy at the other and angry and hopeful and lost. . . . .

wow , you have done deep analysis on this pic, .. i didn't look it at such depth. Well agreed with u :)

Valerie

I think its a sweet picture. Two people having a real moment, regardless of who they are.

You guys won't help anyone "turn to islam" with stuff like this (unless they already spend all their time hating others). It's why I keep leaving here.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
I think its a sweet picture. Two people having a real moment, regardless of who they are.

You guys won't help anyone "turn to islam" with stuff like this (unless they already spend all their time hating others). It's why I keep leaving here.

As-salaamu `alaykum warahmatullaah

While I don't feel the mixed emotions people are speaking of and simply see it as a 'happy' photo for lack of better words, saying that the sisters post won't help in 'turning to islam' and stuff like this causes you to leave is a bit far-fetched on your part (in my opinion). It's just a photo and we are all entitled to our opinions, especially with things as trivial as this. Mine, yours or anyone else's opinion on this matter doesn't really warrant much to life, and I'm pretty sure I can show this picture to 1000s of non-Muslims who are likely to feel very similar emotions to what some people have expressed.

Many renown non-Muslim thinkers and politicians too feel sorry for soldiers for the same reasons that we might, but since this isn't a political discussion I won't elaborate here.

And for the sake of clarification, considering some past posts of yours I've noted, in this case it is not that a Muslim girl is giving a flower to a non-Muslim that is a problem. The discomfort stems from the pretty obvious connotation or fact rather, that the oppressed is gifting her oppressor (not in a literal sense). Had this photo shown a Vietnamese girl doing the same act in the 60s it would've replicated the same emotions. Such emotions wouldn't have had an effect on one's perception on religion, and nor should this.

Take care,

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Aww. I don't know why but this picture makes me happy!

Good to know!!making others happy is an achievement!!

@ green,i get what you mean.and that is one way of looking at the pic.that's what makes me happy and hopeful.

@ bold i don't get what you mean.i hate the man for his job which is pretty obvious why.when i say i feel sorry for him means i don't entirely blame him for ending in that place!!like i said had it not been Allah's mercy we could have been in his place,wasting our lifes with no purpose.so i feel for this guy as a human,as a person who wishes something better for him.And i don't see what's wrong with that.but again,opnions differ.i don't get yours but respect it all the same^_^

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
As-salaamu `alaykum warahmatullaah

While I don't feel the mixed emotions people are speaking of and simply see it as a 'happy' photo for lack of better words, saying that the sisters post won't help in 'turning to islam' and stuff like this causes you to leave is a bit far-fetched on your part (in my opinion). It's just a photo and we are all entitled to our opinions, especially with things as trivial as this. Mine, yours or anyone else's opinion on this matter doesn't really warrant much to life, and I'm pretty sure I can show this picture to 1000s of non-Muslims who are likely to feel very similar emotions to what some people have expressed.

Many renown non-Muslim thinkers and politicians too feel sorry for soldiers for the same reasons that we might, but since this isn't a political discussion I won't elaborate here.

And for the sake of clarification, considering some past posts of yours I've noted, in this case it is not that a Muslim girl is giving a flower to a non-Muslim that is a problem. The discomfort stems from the pretty obvious connotation or fact rather, that the oppressed is gifting her oppressor (not in a literal sense). Had this photo shown a Vietnamese girl doing the same act in the 60s it would've replicated the same emotions. Such emotions wouldn't have had an effect on one's perception on religion, and nor should this.

Take care,

guess it's some of us then.looking at a simple pic and thinking a lot.i still feel a "mixture" when i visit this thread.i think i really like it:p!!

and Jazakallah khair for the explaination.i can never express myself like that.

@ Bold exactly and yet not exactly=).i know my statement is messed up.but so are my feelings.

Jazakallah khair for you comments everyone.it was fun reading it.One pic so many different opnions!!

Kakorot

hope you are in the best of health and imaan dear borther and sister!!

i just wanted to share this.i feel such mixture of emotions everytime i view this.

24l9836.jpg

sad,happy,pitiying,......strange!!

jazakallah khair!!

:wasalam: wr wb sister I don't know what to make of it tbh because some afghans hate the taliban a lot and support foreign troops. There is a lot of confusion on both sides. So I think the little girl is giving the troop flowers to show her thanks and appreciation because she thinks that they are helping her country. And that man troop is feeling though it is doing a good job because the afghans themselves are supporting them.