Is this correct or not?

arzafar

:salam2:

since the thread by sister jenigove went awry, and everyone disagree with me, it got me thinking and reviewing. here is something related. Id like to know whether the following fatwa correct or not?

Clarification of the important rule: it is haraam to take kaafirs as close friends and protectors

We hope that you will be able to explain, with examples, what is meant by the phrase, “Taking kaafirs as close friends and protectors is haraam.”

Praise be to Allaah.

Yes, examples will certainly explain and clarify what is meant, so we will move straight on to quoting some of the most important points that the scholars and leaders of da’wah have said about different ways of showing friendship towards kaafirs.

Accepting their kufr and doubting that it is kufr at all, or refraining from labelling them as kaafirs, or praising their religion. Allaah says about the kufr of the one who accepts them (interpretation of the meaning): “… but such as open their breasts to disbelief…” [al-Nahl 16:106].
Allaah says, making it obligatory to label the kaafirs as such (interpretation of the meaning): “… Whoever disbelieves in Taaghoot [false deities] and believes in Allaah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break…” [al-Baqarah 2:256].
Allaah says about the munaafiqoon (hypocrites) who prefer the kuffaar to the Muslims (interpretation of the meaning) “… [they] say to the disbelievers that they are better guided as regards the way than the believers (Muslims).” [al-Nisa’ 4:51].

Referring to them for judgement.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… they wish to got for judgement (in their disputes) to the Taaghoot (false judges, etc.) while they have been ordered to reject them…” [al-Nisa’ 4:60]

Befriending and liking them.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “You will not find any people who believe in Allaah and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allaah and His Messenger…” [al-Mujaadilah 58:22]

Inclining towards them, relying upon them and taking them as a support. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And incline not towards those who do wrong, lest the Fire should touch you…” [Hood 11:113]

Helping and supporting them against the Muslims.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “The believers, men and women, are awliya’ (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another…” [al-Tawbah 9:71].
He also says of the kuffaar that they are “ but awliya’ (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) to one another…” [al-Maa’idah 5:51].
And He says (interpretation of the meaning): “…And if any amongst you takes them as awliya’, then surely he is one of them.” [al-Maa’idah 5:51].

Becoming members of their societies, joining their parties, increasing their numbers, taking their nationalities (except in cases of necessity), serving in their armies or helping to develop their weapons.

Bringing their laws and rules to the Muslim countries.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Do they then seek the judgement of the Days of Ignorance?…” [al-Maa’idah 5:50]

Taking them as friends in general terms, taking them as helpers and supporters, and throwing in one’s lot with them.
Allaah forbids all this, as He says (interpretation of the meaning): “O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as awliya’ (friends, protectors, helpers, etc.), they are but awliya’ to one another…” [al-Maa’idah 5:51].

Compromising with them and being nice to them at the expense of one’s religion.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “They wish that you should compromise (in religion out of courtesy) with them, so that they (too) would compromise with you.” [al-Qalam 68:9].
This includes sitting with them and entering upon them at the time when they are making fun of the Signs of Allaah.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And it has already been revealed to you in the Book that when you hear the Verses of Allaah being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them), certainly in that case you would be like them…” [al-Nisa’ 4:140]

Trusting them and taking them as advisors and consultants instead of the believers.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “O you who believe! Take not as (your) bitaanah (advisors, consultants, protectors, helpers, friends, etc.) those outside your religion (pagans, Jews, Christians, and hypocrites) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. They desire to harm you severely. Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, but what their breasts conceal is far worse. Indeed We have made clear to you the aayaat (proofs, evidence, verses), if you understand. Lo! You are the ones who love them but they love you not, and you believe in all the Scriptures [i.e., you believe in the Tawraat and the Injeel, while they disbelieve in your Book (the Qur’aan)]. And when they meet you, they say, ‘We believe.’ But when they are alone, they bite the tips of their fingers at you in rage. Say: ‘Perish in your rage. Certainly Allaah knows what is in the breasts (all the secrets).’ If a good befalls you, it grieves them, but some evil overtakes you, they rejoice at it…” [Aal ‘Imran 3:118-120].

Imaam Ahmad and Muslim reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out to (the battle of) Badr, and a man from among the mushrikeen followed him and caught up with him at al-Harrah. He said, “I wanted to follow you and join you, and have some of the war-booty with you.” (The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) said: “Do you believe in Allaah and His Messenger?” He said, “No.” He said, “Go back, I do not need help from a mushrik.”

From these texts it is clear that we are forbidden to appoint kaafirs to positions whereby they could find out the secrets of the Muslims and plot against them by trying to do all kinds of harm.

Putting them in administrative positions where they are bosses of Muslims and can humiliate them, run their affairs and prevent them from practising their religion.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… and never will Allaah grant to the disbelievers a way (to triumph) over the believers.” [al-Nisa’ 4:141]. Imaam Ahmad reported that Abu Moosa al-Ash’ari (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I said to ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him). ‘I have a Christian scribe.’ He said, ‘What is wrong with you, may Allaah strike you dead! Have you not heard the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning), “O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as awliya’ (friends, protectors, helpers, etc.), they are but awliya’ to one another…” [al-Maa’idah 5:51]”? Why do you not employ a haneef [i.e., a Muslim]?’ I said, ‘O Ameer al-Mu’mineen, I benefit from his work and he keeps his religion to himself.’ He said, ‘I will never honour them when Allaah has humiliated them, and I will never bring them close to me when Allaah has expelled them from His mercy.’”

Similarly, we should not employ them in Muslim homes where they can see our private matters and they bring our children up as kaafirs. This is what is happening nowadays when kaafirs are brought to Muslim countries as workers, drivers, servants and nannies in Muslim homes and families.

Neither should we send our children to kaafir schools, missionary institutions and evil colleges and universities, or make them live with kaafir families.

Imitating the kaafirs in dress, appearance, speech, etc., because this indicates love of the person or people imitated. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Whoever imitates a people is one of them.”

It is forbidden to imitate the kaafirs in customs, habits and matters of outward appearance and conduct that are characteristic of them. This includes shaving the beard, letting the moustache grow long, and speaking their languages, except when necessary, as well as matters of clothing, food and drink, etc.

Staying in their countries when there is no need to do so. Allaah forbade the weak and oppressed Muslims to stay among the kaafirs if they are able to migrate.
He says (interpretation of the meaning): “Verily! As for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves (as they stayed among the disbelievers even though emigration was obligatory for them), they (angels) say (to them): ‘In what (condition) were you?’ They reply, ‘We were weak and oppressed on earth.’ They (angels) say: ‘Was not the earth of Allaah spacious enough for you to emigrate therein?’ Such men will find their abode in Hell –what an evil destination! Except the weak ones among men, women and children, who cannot devise a plan, nor are the able to direct their way.” [al-Nisa’ 4:97-98].

Nobody will be excused for staying in a kaafir country except for those who are truly weak and oppressed and cannot migrate, or those who stay among them for a valid religious purpose such as da’wah and spreading Islam in their countries.

It is forbidden to live among them when there is no need to do so. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I disown the one who stays among the mushrikeen.”

Travelling to their countries for vacations and leisure purposes. But going there for a legitimate reason – such as medical treatment, trade, and learning specialized skills that cannot be obtained in any other way – is permitted in cases of need, and when the need has been fulfilled, it is obligatory to return to the Muslim world.

This permission is also given under the condition that the would-be traveller has sufficient knowledge to dispel his doubts, to control his physical desires, to demonstrate his religion, to be proud of being Muslim, to keep away from evil places, and to be aware and cautious of the plots of his enemies. It is also permissible, and even obligatory, to travel to their lands for the sake of da’wah and spreading Islam.

Praising them and their civilization and culture, defending them, and admiring their behaviour and skills, without taking note of their false ideology and corrupt religion.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And strain not your eyes in longing for the things We have given for enjoyment to various groups of them (disbelievers), the splendour of the life of this world that We may test them thereby. But the provision (good reward in the Hereafter) of your Lord is better and more lasting.” [Ta-Ha 20:131].

It is also forbidden to honour them, give them titles of respect, initiate greetings to them, give them the best seats in gatherings, and give way to them in the street.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not be the first to greet a Jew or a Christian (do not initiate the greeting), and if you meet one of them in the street, then push him to the narrowest part of the way.”

Forsaking the Islamic calendar and using their calendar, especially since it reflects their rituals and festivals, as is the case with the Gregorian (Western) calendar, which is connected to the supposed date of the birth of the Messiah (peace be upon him), which is an innovation that they have fabricated and that has nothing to do with the religion of ‘Eesa (Jesus). Using this calendar implies approval of their festivals and symbols.

In order to avoid all of that, when the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) established a calendar for the Muslims during the time of ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him), they ignored all the systems of the kuffaar and created a new calendar starting from the date of the Prophet’s Hijrah. This indicates that it is obligatory to differ from the kuffaar in this matter and others where it is the matter of distinct characteristics. And Allaah is the Source of Help.

Taking part in their holidays and festivals, helping them to celebrate them, congratulating them on these occasions or attending places where such celebrations are held. The phrase al-zoor [falsehood] in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning) “And those who do not witness falsehood…” [al-Furqaan 25:72] was interpreted as meaning the festivals of the kuffaar.

Using their names that have bad meanings. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) changed names whose meanings involved shirk, such as ‘Abd al-‘Uzza and ‘Abd al-Ka’bah.

Seeking forgiveness for them and asking Allaah for mercy for them.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask Allaah’s forgiveness for the mushrikeen, even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are the dwellers of the Fire (because they died in s state of disbelief).” [al-Tawbah 9:113]

These examples should give a clear picture of what is meant by the prohibition of forming close friendships with the kaafirs. We ask Allaah to keep our belief sound and our faith strong. And Allaah is the Source of Help.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

so again which of the rulings from the above fatwa are correct and which ones are not?

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum
First of all this verse applied to those who are truly kafir and moc Islam and reject Islam.
Now since we are talking about sister Jennifer let me give you some hints who she is and what she believes in.

Some of you advice her harshly to read the quran..but do you know that she has been reading the quran for some time now?
  1. She believes in One God=Allah The Exalted.
  2. She reads the quran and and she ask for clarification if she doesn't understand something.
  3. She reads the hadith and have no problem accepting Muhammad pbuh as the final messenger.
  4. She has never insulted Islam nor mock any Muslims.
  5. She prays 5 times well at least she uses the term fajr,dhur,asr,maghrib and ishaa but of course she doenst pray like us.
  6. She tried to fast in Ramadan and she did for 12 days but unfortunately her health condition doesn't allow her to fast since she is on medication.
She is not a christian nor a Jews...she is simply trying to learn all the religions available on Earth and finally Allah has show the path for her.

She had a few dreams and signs and only Allah knows what those means.
If every treat her the way you are doing, the am not surprised she will leave learning Islam.

Just because I am defending her to ceratin point,it doens't mean am a Munafik. I know what am doing and Allah knows what am doing.

yes i will openly call her my friend because we can freely discuss motherhood and religion without any barriers.

She has never asked me to convert to her religion nor she asked me not to pray or give up fasting or give what am practising at the moment. She encourages me more to be a better Muslim.

I don't care how other people are living and behaving. When when it comes to a particular people, then we have see many details before judging.

How do you think you can convey the truth when you have so much hatred..Doesn't it contradicts the verse where Allah ask us to call people of the book to the truth?

How do you think many people who are doing dawah can call others to Islam?of course with Allah's will but there is another point, being patience in teaching them Islam.

A perosn cannot accept Islam in overnight. It takes time and for myself I took 12 years.

So now you tell me brother, what you are doing is right or wrong?It might be right and it might be wrong but for this particular case..there is exception.

I have been silent for the past days because i thought some people might just stop arguing and show teh right path to her...BUt eventually they just keep on creating other threads for more debates.

People keep on asking how to call others to islam..let me tell you something..call people to islam with resepct, love and patience

She wants to learn and she is learning. Whether she acepts Islam or not,is not in our control..It is Allah who guides her..all we can do is to make dua for her.

As i said before..there is always better to keep certain things silent.Let Allah take care of the rest.

Allah knows the best
Assalamualikum

P.S: I am very sorry sis Jennifer that I did not get your permission in posting this..I hope you will understand in sha Allah.

Hilal Said

I don't claim to be a scholar but I agree with Ayman that we should take the Quran wholly and don't be biased in understanding its teachings.

We should know the ruling completely and be more wise before posting such threads.

Jennifer is a new Muslim project and big number of TTI members are working on this project. So please join us in this effort and don't be on the other side of the fence.

Allah, the exalted, says:

ادْعُ إِلَىٰ سَبِيلِ رَبِّكَ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَالْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ ۖ وَجَادِلْهُمْ بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ ۚ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ هُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِمَنْ ضَلَّ عَنْ سَبِيلِهِ ۖ وَهُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِالْمُهْتَدِينَ

" Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided " (8:125)

For example,there is no sin in visiting a mushrik kaafir who is sick, if that serves an interest. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) visited a Jewish boy and called him to Islam, and he became Muslim.

Revert2007 mentioned that Jennifer started even fasting Ramadhan and this is a sign of accepting Islam soon Inshallah.

So please let us work together for the sake of Allah and invite people to Islam as it is the sole purpose of this website.

Asalam alykom warhamatu Allah wabaraktuh

Ibn Uthaymin

Some of them are legit and not all evil.

3_110.png

You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah . If only the People of the Scripture had believed, it would have been better for them. Among them are believers, but most of them are defiantly disobedient.

arzafar

Assalamualikum
First of all this verse applied to those who are truly kafir and moc Islam and reject Islam.
Now since we are talking about sister Jennifer let me give you some hints who she is and what she believes in.

Some of you advice her harshly to read the quran..but do you know that she has been reading the quran for some time now?
  1. She believes in One God=Allah The Exalted.
  2. She reads the quran and and she ask for clarification if she doesn't understand something.
  3. She reads the hadith and have no problem accepting Muhammad pbuh as the final messenger.
  4. She has never insulted Islam nor mock any Muslims.
  5. She prays 5 times well at least she uses the term fajr,dhur,asr,maghrib and ishaa but of course she doenst pray like us.
  6. She tried to fast in Ramadan and she did for 12 days but unfortunately her health condition doesn't allow her to fast since she is on medication.
She is not a christian nor a Jews...she is simply trying to learn all the religions available on Earth and finally Allah has show the path for her.

She had a few dreams and signs and only Allah knows what those means.
If every treat her the way you are doing, the am not surprised she will leave learning Islam.

Just because I am defending her to ceratin point,it doens't mean am a Munafik. I know what am doing and Allah knows what am doing.

yes i will openly call her my friend because we can freely discuss motherhood and religion without any barriers.

She has never asked me to convert to her religion nor she asked me not to pray or give up fasting or give what am practising at the moment. She encourages me more to be a better Muslim.

I don't care how other people are living and behaving. When when it comes to a particular people, then we have see many details before judging.

How do you think you can convey the truth when you have so much hatred..Doesn't it contradicts the verse where Allah ask us to call people of the book to the truth?

How do you think many people who are doing dawah can call others to Islam?of course with Allah's will but there is another point, being patience in teaching them Islam.

A perosn cannot accept Islam in overnight. It takes time and for myself I took 12 years.

So now you tell me brother, what you are doing is right or wrong?It might be right and it might be wrong but for this particular case..there is exception.

I have been silent for the past days because i thought some people might just stop arguing and show teh right path to her...BUt eventually they just keep on creating other threads for more debates.

People keep on asking how to call others to islam..let me tell you something..call people to islam with resepct, love and patience

She wants to learn and she is learning. Whether she acepts Islam or not,is not in our control..It is Allah who guides her..all we can do is to make dua for her.

As i said before..there is always better to keep certain things silent.Let Allah take care of the rest.

Allah knows the best
Assalamualikum

P.S: I am very sorry sis Jennifer that I did not get your permission in posting this..I hope you will understand in sha Allah.

and what does that have to do with this post? the question was about the fatwa and the rulings contained in it.

Besides i never said jennifer was a kaafir or any particular person was a kaafir. I was aware that she was searching for the truth. i have never done takfir either as that's left to the scholars. this post or my post from the jennifer's thread didnt have anything to do with her or her beliefs but more to do with how islaam is perceived negatively and the reasons for that perception. And that was all i debated throughout. i didnt call her names or critcize her or anyone except Americans, Israelis and kaafirs in general.

kaafirs hate islaam and blaming muslim's wrong actions is just an excuse from them. Nobody is perfect and kaafirs no this too! Even if there was no muslim terrorist or bad guys they would still find some excuse to hate Islam. they hated muslims even before bin ladin was born and will hate it even after he is gone. even in the earliest hollywood movies, the bad guys was an arab. even in the earliest bollywood movies, the bad guy was either a muslim or christian.

also that it's obligatory to hate kaafirs (whatever nationality) because they disbelieve. Moreover if the kaafirs are responsible for killing muslims (such as those from the US, Israel, India, Russia etc), they should be fought (but since there is no leader and muslims are weak), at the very least boycotted and hated even more. This has nothing to do with politics rather it is from quraan and hadith!

Finally that it is obligatory to call a kaafir just that a kaafir.

off course among them some people are sincerely searching for the truth. hence calling people to islam is obligatory too but that shouldn't be done at the expense of some basic beliefs such as those given in the above fatwa.

all those views are in line with the above fatwa which comes from islamqa just as numerous other fatwa on these forums. But since everybody vehemently disagrees and even opposes these views so i guess there must be something wrong. I want to know what exactly is wrong?

arzafar

The Quran must be taken in its entirety, not one verse at a time. Thus, verses that command not taking the disbelievers as allies (which is what the word Awliyaa' means, it does not mean friends) must be understood to be in the context of hostility only. Why? Because God also says,

"Perhaps God will put, between you and those to whom you have been enemies among them, affection. And God is Able, and God is Forgiving and Merciful.
God does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, God loves those who act justly.
God only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion - [forbids] that you make allies of them. And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers. " (60:7-9)

Thus, it is abundantly clear that Muslims do not and should not have any problem with peaceful non-Muslims, only with those non-Muslims who fight us or want to pick a fight with us.

let's say i agree with you. now here comes the tricky part.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/sep/15/drone-plane-attack-pakistan-haqqani

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/27/afghanistan-rocket-missile-villagers-helmand

continued.... (actually there are so many such news items where Muslims get killed by american forces that it would be ridiculous to post them here. moreover iraq, afghanistan and pakistan have been attacked directly by the US in the last decade)

so what do you think about the US military and govt? should they be
1. supported (taxes), allied with (partnered), liked (followed/admired)
or
2. hated, boycotted, fought against?

i hope i haven't made any generalizations or political statements. This is a basic question arising directly from the translation of a Quraanic verse that you quoted, so it's perfectly in line with forum rules.

and before US nationals get into a twist, this question is not specific to them but may also be applied to Russia against Chechnya and other cases where kaafirs kill muslims. However, there is no doubt that US is the no 1 killer of muslims in the last decade.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2: Just a very quick thought on this. There are contextual meanings and since sister Jeniffer is interested and is learning about Islam she does not fall into the category of those who arrogantly and boldly deny Islam and its teachings by trying to put up their own logic (such as atheists, pagans), etc. The Muslims are asked to justice in any circumstances and justice means justice. While a believer has to entirely hate people who are clearly against Islam by heart, but still they are asked to be tactful, smart, kind and just in dealing with them and let them hear the words of Allah. The Muslim man should remember not to take those as friends or protectors who are actually clearly against Allah and is a plain enemy to the Muslims. Now if someone says that Israel's president Benjamin is my friend, but I am a Muslim (is clearly lying , no doubt and no argument about that). Afghanistan, Iraq, Checnya and Palestine and all the other places where thousands of Muslims are being killed by terrorist forces (the ones we call NATO soldiers) are a clear enemy to us. Befriending them and supporting them and twisting the meaning of the Quran for that proves nothing but disbelief in Allah and love of the dunya. But yes, non-muslims who have not been given the message and who are trying to learn about Islam does not fall in to this category. We must understand that the verses of Quran has contexts to be understood and simply by generalizing out of context creates nothing but confusion. And by heart I hate the actions of the kaafirs (who even after coming to know the truth rejects it). Come on now, we can not justify actions which compares The ALMIGHTY , THE ONE and THE ONLY CREATOR to something or someone else as ok (or it is their right). And as for sister jennifer, she reminds me of the story of salman the persian. Who was a rich man, but in search of truth was even traded as a slave. Because he was searching pure monotheism so at Last Allah brought him the news of Islam on which he quickly accepted it. I to pray for sister Jennifer that soon InshAllah we will come to know of her shahada.

a_stranger

To sister JenGiove:

Dear sister :

If you believe in Allah (the creator of all )and his prophets you are already muslem: Islam is hidden within each soul .....This message is meant to respond to call within each heart:

7:172 When thy Lord drew forth from the Children of Adam - from their loins - their descendants, and made them testify concerning themselves, (saying): "Am I not your Lord (who cherishes and sustains you)?"- They said: "Yea! We do testify!" (This), lest ye should say on the Day of Judgment: "Of this we were never mindful":

Translation of the meanings of Quran

Seeker-of-truth

shes KAAFIR believing in one god is not enough she has to be a muslim fasting and all of that is good but what is the point of the deeds of the kaafir if it will eventually come to nothing? dont know whether shes thinking about converting but clearly she likes the way of the muslims this is a start maybe someone could give da'wah

JenGiove

shes KAAFIR believing in one god is not enough she has to be a muslim fasting and all of that is good but what is the point of the deeds of the kaafir if it will eventually come to nothing?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Mohammad who welcomed the people of the book to come and pray in the mosque, without qualification, without requirement. Did he not say something along the lines of how the mosque was open to anyone who believes in the one god? What about Surah 3:199.... And there are, certainly, among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), those who believe in Allah and in that which was revealed to you, and in that which was reveled to them, humbling themselves before Allah. They do not sell the Verses of Allah for a little price, for them is a reward with their Lord. Surely, Allah is swift in Account

Maybe I'm wrong.

a_stranger

(Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam.)

Dear JenGiove

The Religion with Allah is Islam

Allah said,

[إِنَّ الدِّينَ عِندَ اللَّهِ الإِسْلَـمُ]

(Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam.) Allah states that there is no religion accepted with Him from any person, except Islam. Islam includes obeying all of the Messengers until Muhammad who finalized their commission, thus closing all paths to Allah except through Muhammad . Therefore, after Allah sent Muhammad , whoever meets Allah following a path other than Muhammad's, it will not be accepted of him. In another Ayah, Allah said,

[وَمَن يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الإِسْلَـمِ دِينًا فَلَن يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ]

(And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him) [3:85].

In this Ayah [3:19], Allah said, asserting that the only religion accepted with Him is Islam,

[إِنَّ الدِّينَ عِندَ اللَّهِ الإِسْلَـمُ]

(Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam.)

Allah then states that those who were given the Scripture beforehand divided in the religion after Allah sent the Messengers and revealed the Books to them providing them the necessary proofs to not do so. Allah said,

[وَمَا اخْتَلَفَ الَّذِينَ أُوتُواْ الْكِتَـبَ إِلاَّ مِن بَعْدِ مَا جَآءَهُمُ الْعِلْمُ بَغْيًا بَيْنَهُمْ]

(Those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) did not differ except out of rivalry, after knowledge had come to them.) meaning, some of them wronged others. Therefore, they differed over the truth, out of envy, hatred and enmity for each other. This hatred made some of them defy those whom they hated even if they were correct. Allah then said,

[وَمَن يَكْفُرْ بِآيَـتِ اللَّهِ]

(And whoever disbelieves in the Ayat of Allah) meaning, whoever rejects what Allah sent down in His Book,

[فَإِنَّ اللَّهِ سَرِيعُ الْحِسَابِ]

(then surely, Allah is Swift in reckoning.) Allah will punish him for his rejection, reckon him for his denial, and torment him for defying His Book. Thereafter, Allah said.

[فَإنْ حَآجُّوكَ]

(So if they dispute with you (Muhammad )) so if they argue with you about Tawhid,

[فَقُلْ أَسْلَمْتُ وَجْهِىَ للَّهِ وَمَنِ اتَّبَعَنِ]

(Say: "I have submitted myself to Allah (in Islam), and (so have) those who follow me'') meaning, Say, `I have made my worship sincere for Allah Alone without partners, rivals, offspring or companion,

[وَمَنِ اتَّبَعَنِ]

(and those who follow me) who followed my religion and embraced my creed.'

Copied from:

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=3&tid=7950

a_stranger

"Do you (also) submit yourselves''

Islam is the Religion of Mankind and the Prophet Was Sent to all Mankind

Allah commanded His servant and Messenger, Muhammad , to call the People of the Two Scriptures and the unlettered idolators to his religion, way, Law and all that Allah sent him with. Allah said,

[وَقُلْ لِّلَّذِينَ أُوتُواْ الْكِتَـبَ وَالاٍّمِّيِّينَ ءَأَسْلَمْتُمْ فَإِنْ أَسْلَمُواْ فَقَدِ اهْتَدَواْ وَّإِن تَوَلَّوْاْ فَإِنَّمَا عَلَيْكَ الْبَلَـغُ]

(And say to those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and to those who are illiterates (Arab pagans): "Do you (also) submit yourselves'' If they do, they are rightly guided; but if they turn away, your duty is only to convey the Message.) meaning, their reckoning is with Allah and their return and final destination is to Him. It is He Who guides whom He wills and allows whom He wills to stray, and He has the perfect wisdom and the unequivocal proof for all of this. This is why Allah said,

[وَاللَّهُ بَصِيرٌ بِالْعِبَادِ]

(And Allah sees the servants.) for He has perfect knowledge of who deserves to be guided and who does not deserve to be guided.

Copied from:

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=3&tid=7974

a_stranger

All mankind

Allah said,

[قُلْ يَأَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُمْ جَمِيعًا]

(Say (O Muhammad ): "O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah.'') [7:158], and,

[تَبَارَكَ الَّذِى نَزَّلَ الْفُرْقَانَ عَلَى عَبْدِهِ لِيَكُونَ لِلْعَـلَمِينَ نَذِيراً ]

(Blessed be He Who sent down the criterion to His servant that he may be a warner to the `Alamin (mankind and Jinn).) [25:1].

The Two Sahihs and other collections of Hadith recorded that the Prophet sent letters to the kings of the earth during his time and to different peoples, Arabs and non-Arabs, People of the Book and the unlettered, just as Allah had commanded him. `Abdur-Razzaq recorded that Ma`mar said, that Hammam said that Abu Hurayrah said that the Prophet said,

«وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ، لَا يَسْمَعُ بِي أَحَدٌ مِنْ هَذِهِ الْأُمَّةِ: يَهُودِيٌّ وَلَا نَصْرَانِيٌّ، وَمَاتَ وَلَمْ يُؤْمِنْ بِالَّذِي أُرْسِلْتُ بِهِ، إِلَّا كَانَ مِنْ أَهْلِ النَّار»

(By He in Whose Hand is my soul! No member of this Ummah, no Jew or Christian, hears of me but dies without believing in what I was sent with, but will be among the people of the Fire.) Muslim recorded this Hadith.

The Prophet said,

«بُعِثْتُ إِلَى الْأَحْمَرِ وَالْأَسْوَد»

(I was sent to the red and black. ) and,

«كَانَ النَّبِيُّ يُبْعَثُ إِلى قَوْمِهِ خَاصَّةً، وَبُعِثْتُ إِلَى النَّاسِ عَامَّة»

(A Prophet used to be sent to his people, but I was sent to all mankind.)

Copied from:

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=3&tid=7974

arzafar

i see my question(s) is still unanswered. and it has nothing to do with jennifer jane or janet so plz dontreali the thread.

tbh i think everybody knows the answer but id like to know why the fear?

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I came to this thread for the first time, and something is seriously wrong here. Brother arzafar posted a question, but rather than answer him, everyone is bringing JenGiove into this discussion when it absolutely nothing to do with her. Why?

I don't expect to see such a thing to happen on TTI. Can we please leave individual members out of our discussions and focus on learning Islam correctly? What impression do we give to someone who is trying to learn Islam when we're ready to attack them?

Well, just a friendly suggestion.

JenGiove

I came to this thread for the first time, and something is seriously wrong here. Brother arzafar posted a question, but rather than answer him, everyone is bringing JenGiove into this discussion when it absolutely nothing to do with her. Why?

Tabassum7,

To be fair, the reason I am being discussed is because this thread was started in the midst of a heated debate in a thread that I had started which is now closed. You really had no real way of connecting the two threads unless you were following the activity at that time.

weakslave

Arzafar, there is nothing wrong with the fatwa you posted.

Everyone knows that peers affect our thinking, that peers cause us to do things would never think of doing.

To protect one's self and faith, we must distance ourself from misguided Muslims - let alone non-believers. Who is better: a friend who asks you to go to a movie or a friend who asks you to read Quran with them for an hour?

The facts are this:

- in the presence of a non-Muslim friend you are not as likely to be in an act of worship or remembrance of Allaah
- A non-Muslim friend will never encourage you to do good. How can they when they don't understand the definition of good?
- You might compromise your religion for the sake of your non-Muslim friend. Maybe you are too shy to let them know you have to pray. Or too shy to ask them to turn that music off.

As the prophet :saw: taught us:

Do not keep company with anyone but a believer and do not let anyone eat your food but one who is pious.

This matter should be put to rest. Everyone knows bad friends are a bad influence and good friends are a good influence. Unless our intention is to guide them, we should be worrying about our hereafter.

And Allaah knows best.

arzafar

jazakallah kahir weak slave.
finally another post on topic.

i just find it troubling how easily muslims (even the practicing/real ones) nowadays just so grateful, friendly and basially weak in front of kuffar. from pakistan alone if they see a gora babu they form a straight line, English language is valued so much as if it's something one cannot do without and the lifestyle, attire and culture of kuffar is pursued passionately!

these things normally lead to kufr.