Ahmed The Repenter (Great Lecture--Must Hear!!)

ilmseeker

Ahmed The Repenter (Great Video Lecture--Must Hear!!)

Salaams,

I didn't really know where to post this, so I guess this section will do. :)

Short Description of Lecture:

The speaker [Bilal Assad] commences the lecture by explaining the importance of repenting to Allah without despairing from His Mercy and forgiveness. The main topic of this talk is about the recent unforgetfull true story of a man called Ahmad, who struggled to live a normal life after committing a major sin. The speaker takes us on a rollacaster ride with Ahmad on his quest for forgiveness, sharing with us his joy and sadness and details the lessons that can be learnt from this emotional, heartbreaking story.
Part 1:

[vg]-6266612571538152445&ev=v&esrc=sr3&usg=AL29H219ZoOQ0ONBfLNmXI91-T87Dh223g[/vg]

Part 2:

[vg]-6008758429103261723&ev=v&esrc=sr4&usg=AL29H22pjc6ZNUw_p2v9Haw2TXiImVaaNg[/vg]

Part 3:

[vg]4763602077486870327&ev=v&esrc=sr5&usg=AL29H20R7C0ScdgYdEFJxCYtQPw9KVoFtQ[/vg]

Part 4:

[vg]-7102293665354406147&ev=v&esrc=sr6&usg=AL29H20ts5HH3bcqx-tWqxTibbaFzfcMhw[/vg]​

**THIS IS A VERY GREAT LECTURE!!! It really makes you change your outlook on Tauba (repentance). It will probably leave you in tears it's so beautiful. I hope you all benefit from this lecture greatly. :)

****If you would just like the audio, download here****:

http://muslimways.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,153/func,select/id,14/

Click on lecture titled: Ahmed the Repenter. However I would reccomend every lecture of Bilal Assad for download!! :)

Wa'salaams

---Sis Ilmseeker

Jihan

i watched this lecture before :mashallah: it is very moving. it is a must see. it has to be one of the best lectures. i recommend that every muslim watches it!!!!!!!!!!

sugarbb

Assalammualaikum,

Jazakallah Khair for sharing. This is a very good lecture. Thank you so much.:tti_sister:

sky_012

i haven't watched all the video, but from the part i watched i have a couple of questions please

i watched it a long time ago on TTI, so pardon me if i'm not accurate, but the imam was telling the story of a woman who had an illegal affair and wanted to be stoned to death

in quran, for such act, a prescribed punishement has been given (to stone ) which expiates the sin, so if a punishement has been explicitely written in quran, is it possible to be forgiven without receiving the punishement? like concerning this women, was it possible that she could be forgiven without beeing stoned to death

because here in the west, u see unfortunately some ppl who are muslim but have a child before marriage, i know it is sad, but i know a few ppl from middle east in my college, who were in this state, and muslims, and later i think the ppl got married, if one day they want to repent, can they be forgiven without receiving the punishement of stoning to death, or they will surely go to hell?

and always in the lists of major sins, murder is more "bad" than illegal relation, so why the ppl who murdered still have the chance of not dying and pay some money if the family of the victim accepts it ( i think i've read it in the quran that if the family forgives , the murderer can give an amount of money and be forgiven ) so why the other punisheemnt is more severe and quran doesn't mention another alternative?

sorry, it's just general question , i was just wondering about the diffeent types of punishement prescribed in the quran as the author of the vodeo deals with them

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

I hope this help but what I know that as long as it didnt reach to the ruler or the person in charge of Islamic Law, then they no one need to apply punishment on them except the ruler. If they repent and make tawabh to Allah s.w.t Allah forgive all the sins. Its not up to any one to apply punishments, there should be witness of the crime in Islam. but its really from ignorance that some people do the punishment like beating with lashs on some one who commited zina if it never reached to the ruler then no one can apply this punishment.

The rule on punishments are know to the scholar and the punishment dont just apply without asking the Qadi or ruler and scholar.

I hope this helps I couldnt find what I was looking for but If i do i will post it here but I hope you understand from the answers below what I mean

Question:
A married woman commits adultery, then she repented but the guilt of the act is haunting her. She is now thinking about suicide. What should be done and what is your advice?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "The believer sees his sin as a mountain beneath which he is sitting and which he fears may fall down upon him. The rebellious person sees his sin as a fly which passes in front of his nose and he swats it away…" (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 6308)

This woman's overwhelming sense of the burden of her sin is a sign of faith. We offer her the following advice:

She should examine her divorce from her first husband to make sure that it is sound according to sharee'ah (Islamic law), whether it took the form of talaaq (male-instigated divorce) or khul' (female-instigated divorce).

She should make sure that her marriage contract to the second man is also sound, because a marriage between two people guilty of adultery is not valid unless they have repented (see questions # 33); if the contract is found not to be valid, it must be repeated.

If this woman is sincere in her repentance towards Allaah, regrets what she did and is determined never to do it again, Allaah will forgive all her sins, no matter how great they were, so she should not despair of the mercy of Allaah, for no one despairs of Allaah's Mercy, except the people who disbelieve, and who despairs of the mercy of his Lord except those who are astray?

She should hasten to do many good deeds, to expiate for her sin, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "And perform al-salaat (the prayer) at the two ends of the day and in some hours of the night. Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds…" [Hud 11:114]

She should resume a pure Islamic life, based on purity and chastity. Suicide is not a solution at all, as it is one of the most grievous of major sins, and will only increase the punishment of the one who does it. The Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever throws himself down from a high mountain and kills himself will be throwing himself down from a mountain in the Fire of Hell for all eternity. Whoever takes poison and kills himself will be taking poison in the Fire of Hell for all eternity. Whoever kills himself with a weapon (literally, iron) will be holding it in his hand and stabbing himself in the stomach in the Fire of Hell for all eternity. (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5778)

We ask Allaah to help this woman to repent sincerely, to forgive her sins and to include her in His Mercy, for He is the All-hearing Who answers prayers.

# 2
Question:
A salamou alaykom wa rahmatou allahi wa barakatouhou, I am Muslim, Morrocan and have been studying in *!*!*! for 5 years. During my study, I met a chinese girl and fell in love with her for 2 years. I have to say that I commited zinna with her often. Few months ago, she converted to islam and now I really want to marry her ala sunnati allahi wa rasoulihi. Am I allowed to do so? Is there any special procedure? Jazakomou allahou khayran.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And come not near to the unlawful sexual intercourse (zinaa). Verily it is a faahishah (a great sin) and an evil way.” [al-Israa’ 17:32]

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Allaah says, forbidding His slaves to commit zinaa, to approach it or to put themselves in situations that may lead to it or tempt them to it: ‘And come not near to the unlawful sexual intercourse. Verily it is a faahishah’ i.e., a great sin, and ‘an evil way’ i.e., a bad way of behaving.”

Imaam Ahmad said: “Yazeed ibn Haaroon told us that Jareer told us that Saleem ibn ‘Aamir told us, from Abu Umaamah that a young man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah, grant me permission to commit zinaa.’ The people turned to him and told him off, saying, ‘Ssh!’ The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Come closer,’ so he came closer. He told him, ‘Sit down,’ so he sat down. He asked him, ‘Would you like this for your mother?’ He said, ‘No, by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah. May Allaah cause me to be sacrificed for you!’ He said: ‘No people would like it for their mothers.’ He asked him, ‘Would you like this for your daughter?’ He said, ‘No, by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah. May Allaah cause me to be sacrificed for you!’ He said: ‘No people would like it for their daughters.’ He asked him, ‘Would you like this for your sister?’ He said, ‘No, by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah. May Allaah cause me to be sacrificed for you!’ He said: ‘No people would like it for their sisters.’ He asked him, ‘Would you like this for your paternal aunt?’ He said, ‘No, by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah. May Allaah cause me to be sacrificed for you!’ He said: ‘No people would like it for their paternal aunts.’ He asked him, ‘Would you like this for your maternal aunt?’ He said, ‘No, by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah. May Allaah cause me to be sacrificed for you!’ He said: ‘No people would like it for their maternal aunts.’ The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) put his hand on him and said: ‘O Allaah, forgive him his sin, purify his heart and make him chaste.’ After that, the young man never paid attention to anything of that nature.”

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And those who invoke not any other god along with Allaah, not kill such life as Allaah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse – and whoever does this shall receive the punishment. The torment shall be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace; except those who repent and believe, and do righteous deeds, for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. And whosoever repents and does righteous good deeds, then verily, he repents towards Allaah with sincere repentance.” [al-Furqaan 25:68-71]

It is not permitted for a man guilty of zinaa to marry a woman who is similarly guilty unless both of them repent sincerely to Allaah, may be He be glorified, so that they will no longer be described as being guilty of zinaa. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry any but a woman similarly guilty, or an unbeliever: not let any but a such a man or an unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers, such a thing is forbidden.” [al-Noor 24:3]

So you must repent sincerely to Allaah, and follow this kabeerah (major sin) with many good deeds, so that Allaah may forgive you. If you are both sincere in your repentance and adhere to the laws of Allaah from now on, there is nothing wrong with your marrying her. Allaah forgives the one who repents.

source islam qa
wa salaam alikom

Jihan

i haven't watched all the video, but from the part i watched i have a couple of questions please

in quran, for such act, a prescribed punishement has been given (to stone ) which expiates the sin, so if a punishement has been explicitely written in quran, is it possible to be forgiven without receiving the punishement? like concerning this women, was it possible that she could be forgiven without beeing stoned to death

sura nisaa ayat 16-18
16. If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone; for Allah is Oft-returning, Most Merciful.

17. Allah accept the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them will Allah turn in mercy: For Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.

18. Of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil, until death faces one of them, and he says, "Now have I repented indeed;" nor of those who die rejecting Faith: for them have We prepared a punishment most grievous.

does that help?

sky_012

first of all Jazak Allah for the answers

i think i understood better now

but why did the woman at the time of the Prophet PBUH wanted to die? if she could be forgiven without beeing stoned?

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

If you read the whole story of Ma`ez and the woman who came to the prophet peace be up on him and the prophet peace be up on him tried to avoid him more than once and he peace be up on him said to one of the companion would covered him with your cloth, so no one would know about his sin......

The same thing for the woman the prophet peace be up on him kept sending her a back , but she kept coming back she wanted to purify her self even though Allah accept the Tawabah, but even after the punishment was dont Khalid bin Waleed said something when the blood came on his cloth the prophet peace be up on him said, She made a Tawabah if it was distributed between 70 of Madinah people it would enough for them.

here is the part of the story.. I took it from Islam Q a

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Avoid these filthy things (sins) that Allaah has forbidden, and whoever does them let him cover himself with the cover of Allaah and repent to Allaah, for whoever tells us about his sin, we will carry out (the punishment ordained by) the Book of Allaah on him.” Narrated by al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak ‘ala al-Saheehayn, 4/425; al-Bayhaqi, 8/330. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 149.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: A man came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he was in the mosque, and called him, saying, “O Messenger of Allaah, I have committed adultery.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) turned away from him. The man came to the side of his face that he had turned away from him and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I have committed adultery.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) turned away from him again, and the man again came to the side of the Prophet’s face that he had turned away from him and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I have committed adultery.” When he had testified against himself four times, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) called him and said, “Are you crazy?” He said, “No, O Messenger of Allaah.” He said, “Are you married?” He said, “Yes, O Messenger of Allaah.” He said, “Take him and stone him to death.” [/COLOR]

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6430; Muslim, 1691.

In some reports it says that a man who had become Muslim came to Abu Bakr and told him that he had committed adultery. He said, “Repent to Allaah and cover yourself with the cover of Allaah.” Then he came to ‘Umar likewise. See Fath al-Baari, 12/125.

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said:

From this case we learn that it is mustahabb for anyone who finds himself in a similar situation to repent to Allaah and to conceal his action and not mention that to anyone, as Abu Bakr and ‘Umar indicated to Maa’iz.

Whoever finds out about any such thing should conceal it because of the things that we have mentioned and should not expose it or refer it to the ruler, as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in this story, “If you had concealed him with your garment [i.e., told him to repent and keep quiet], that would have been far better for you.” Hence al-Shaafa’i confirmed this idea and said: If a person commits a sin and Allaah conceals it, I prefer for him to conceal himself and repent, and I quote the story of Maa’iz with Abu Bakr and ‘Umar as evidence.

This story shows that it is mustahabb for the one who commits a sin and then regrets it to hasten to repent from it, and not to tell anyone else about it. He should cover himself as Allaah has covered him. If it so happens that he tells someone, it is mustahabb for that person to tell him to repent and conceal that from the people, as happened with Maa’iz and Abu Bakr then ‘Umar.

Fath al-Baari, 12/124, 125

here the what i was looking for earlier,

Is repentance accepted if the hadd punishment is not carried out on a person?

Question:
I have a question that is confusing me. If a married or unmarried person commits the sin of immoral conduct, or major sins such as stealing, backbiting, riba, etc, and persists in doing that for a long time, then he comes to know Allaah and he repents sincerely to Allaah, seeking the Face of Allaah, and he seeks the forgiveness of those about whom he gossiped, and returns what he stole, and gives up riba (usury) and all the sins that there are between him and Allaah such as zina, drinking, failing to pray etc, but the hadd punishment is not carried out on him, will Allaah accept his repentance and his worship, no matter how great his sins were? Or is it possible that Allaah will not accept his repentance and his worship will be rejected? Will Allaah save him from the torment of the grave and from Hell? What should he do in order to avoid punishment and so that Allaah will be pleased with him?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

You should note that it is not permissible for a Muslim to think of the sins from which he has repented as being too great, for the mercy, pardon and forgiveness of Allaah are greater than his sins.

If the sins had to do with other people, then it is obligatory to restore people’s rights to them. If the sin has to do with something that is between a person and his Lord, then it is sufficient for him to repent, seek forgiveness, regret what he did and resolve not to go back to those sins. It is not a condition of repentance that the hadd punishment be carried out on the repentant person. He should conceal himself with the concealment of Allaah, Achieving sincere repentance is better than confessing so that the hadd punishment may be carried out.

This person has repented well and has given back to people what is rightfully theirs, so he should not let the Shaytaan come and spoil his repentance.

It should be noted that Allaah turns the bad deeds of the repentant into good deeds. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who invoke not any other ilaah (god) along with Allaah, nor kill such person as Allaah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.

69. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;

70. Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds; for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful.

71. And whosoever repents and does righteous good deeds; then verily, he repents towards Allaah with true repentance”

[al-Furqaan 25:68-71]

The offenses which the sultan (Muslim ruler) hears of are the ones for which the hudood punishments must be carried out. As for those of which he does not hear, then it is better to repent from them and to conceal oneself with the concealment of Allaah.

The scholars of the Standing Committee said:

If the shar’i ruler hears of offenses and they are proven by sufficient evidence, then the hadd punishments must be carried out, and it is not waived by repentance, according to scholarly consensus. The Ghaamidi woman came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) asking him to carry out the hadd punishment on her after she had repented, and he said concerning her: “She has repented in a manner that if the people of Madeenah were to repent in this way, it would be sufficient for them.” But despite that he carried out the shar’i hadd punishment on her. But no one has the right to do that but the sultaan.

But if news of that offence does not reach the sultaan, then the Muslim should conceal himself with the concealment of Allaah and repent sincerely to Allaah, so that Allaah may accept his repentance.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 22/15

And they said – responding to one who wanted to carry out the hadd punishment and who was not sure that repentance from zina would be accepted –

If a person repents to his Lord sincerely, then Allaah has promised that He will accept his repentance, and will compensate him with reward. This is by His kindness and generosity. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who invoke not any other ilaah (god) along with Allaah, nor kill such person as Allaah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.

69. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;

70. Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds; for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful.”

[al-Furqaan 25:68-70]

The conditions of repentance include: giving up the sin, regretting what one has done and resolving not to go back to it. If the matter involves the rights of other people, then one must also ask them for forgiveness.

It was narrated from ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit (may Allaah be pleased with him) that when the women gave their oath of allegiance (bay’ah) to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), he said: “Whoever among you is faithful (to this oath), his reward will be with Allaah. Whoever does any of these things (wrong actions) and is punished for it, that will be an expiation for him. Whoever does any of these things and Allaah conceals him, then it is up to Allaah: if He wills He will punish him and if He wills He will forgive him.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) encouraged sincere repentance. In the story of Maa’iz he said: “Why did you not leave him alone, perhaps he would have repented and Allaah would have accepted his repentance.” Maalik narrated in al-Muwatta’ from Zayd ibn Aslam that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O people, the time has come for you stop transgressing the sacred limits set by Allaah. Whoever commits any of these evil actions, let him conceal himself with the concealment of Allaah, for whoever discloses his actions, then we have to carry out the hadd punishment (that is prescribed in) the Book of Allaah.”

So you have to repent sincerely, offer prayers regularly in congregation and do a great deal of good deeds.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 22/44,45

if you want to look more in to other answers u can go here
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=47834&ln=eng&txt=قصة ماعز

MAY ALLAH ACCEPT EVERY ONES TAWBAH
wa salaam alikom

suumaya

Asalamu alaikum

Jazakallahu khair sister, this lecture made me cry. thank you for sharing with us.

sky_012

JAzak Allah for the detailed answer , i was asking exactly the same question as u posted because like sometimes u see things like someone's hand had been cut off in iran because they said they apply sharia rule and hadd punishement for that, but on the other side, u see lots of muslims doing things in the west but they can never been punished due to the laws in the west, so it's like unbalanced and unfair, because the ones who get their hand cutted of, they could never get it back while here youngsters do also bad things, but just because of their geographical situation they don't have such risk,

so i was wondering, will all the not good ppl in the west go to hell because they didn't receive their punishements according to shariah? and there is still a question
if someone in iran steals something, i don't think they give him a second chance, or the right to return the thing, they immedialty apply the rule, while the others they still have the time to repent

actually i'm asking this question because i have to tell something, when i was 7 , a girl gave me somthing because she wanted me to show it to my mom and then i would return to her, after showing it to my mom, but i never returned this thing to her, because i remember at this time my intention was bad, and i wanted to keep this thing with me as i liked it, so it means i have stolen it from her, she was in the same school as me, and then she disappeared , since my high school period, i have repented and regret having stolen it, i don't wan't to keep it , i feel so ashamed, and i know it is a great punishement in islam and if i was living in iran or country like that, i would have a punishement, but now i don't know where she lives, i only know her name, i want to return it to her, but i don't know how, and how i can expaite this major sin , it really scares me

dna1987

Muslim Guy
A very, very movitating lecture!! The video is longer than the audio file. I've listened to it twice now.

I hope everyone else listens to it too.

Salam alaikum.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu my dear brothers and sisters

Wallahi this lecture has made me cry so much that I cannot express it in words. I am listening to this lecture in the last part of night just 1.5 hours before Fazr and it has shaken my whole body, even the childhood beatings of my father have not shaken me before like this. My dear brothers and sisters, I know a number of brothers who have committed zina and still commit, please make duas for them. Please make duas for the ones who are misguided, who drink alcohol, take interest and gamble. The ones who have gone down in their Eemaan and they themselves do not know what they are doing. I ask you humbly please make duas for the whole Ummah, for the Muslims so that Allah Subhanahu wa Taala gives us the Strength, Power and Glory back. May be its due to these kind of people among the believers, Allah Subhanahu wa Taala has kept us away from His Honour, Power and Glory.

wa/salam

sky_012

sorry to disturb again this thread

but nobody replied to this question of mine

i was reading again others members replies to my questions in this thread and i want to thank them for listening to me and responding with patience and with the best evidencs they find

thanks a lot brothers and sisters, looking again at this thread was such a nice experience and feeling, when i used to be active a lot on this place and used to learn every minute

May Allah SWT Bless u all and grant u the success in this life and hereafter Ameen

JAzak Allah for the detailed answer , i was asking exactly the same question as u posted because like sometimes u see things like someone's hand had been cut off in iran because they said they apply sharia rule and hadd punishement for that, but on the other side, u see lots of muslims doing things in the west but they can never been punished due to the laws in the west, so it's like unbalanced and unfair, because the ones who get their hand cutted of, they could never get it back while here youngsters do also bad things, but just because of their geographical situation they don't have such risk,

so i was wondering, will all the not good ppl in the west go to hell because they didn't receive their punishements according to shariah? and there is still a question
if someone in iran steals something, i don't think they give him a second chance, or the right to return the thing, they immedialty apply the rule, while the others they still have the time to repent

actually i'm asking this question because i have to tell something, when i was 7 , a girl gave me somthing because she wanted me to show it to my mom and then i would return to her, after showing it to my mom, but i never returned this thing to her, because i remember at this time my intention was bad, and i wanted to keep this thing with me as i liked it, so it means i have stolen it from her, she was in the same school as me, and then she disappeared , since my high school period, i have repented and regret having stolen it, i don't wan't to keep it , i feel so ashamed, and i know it is a great punishement in islam and if i was living in iran or country like that, i would have a punishement, but now i don't know where she lives, i only know her name, i want to return it to her, but i don't know how, and how i can expaite this major sin , it really scares me

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

I do not think Iran applies Shariah law at all. It is not an Islamic State. It is ruled under Shiite Doctrine which is not based on the Quran and Sunnah, but on the fantasies of their Mullahs and Clerics.

Their creed is not same as normal Muslims as they do not worship Allah same as other Muslims (they build various tombs and venerate the Dead in their prayers, rather than directing their prayer to Allah), they also believe in their "12 infallible Imams" and other such oddities that are in conflict with Islam... such as Mutah marriage, (temporary marriage), where men can marry a woman for a day and then divorce her.. and carry on like that as they please.. Astaghfirullah.

As for women's rights in Iran, those are limited. If a woman divorces in particular, she has no say on where her children go, in most cases the men get the children. Whereas, in Islam, the young children stay with mother and later they have a Say as to where they want to go.

As for the cutting of hands for theft, this is not done for minor offences, and also this is shariah law. Sharia law is only applicable in a Muslim state. Prison sentences do exist too.. and have done for hundreds of years in Muslim states.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 81, Number 793
Narrated Ubada bin As-Samit:

I gave the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet with a group of people, and he said, "I take your pledge that you will not worship anything besides Allah, will not steal, will not commit infanticide, will not slander others by forging false statements and spreading it, and will not disobey me in anything good. And whoever among you fulfill all these (obligations of the pledge), his reward is with Allah. And whoever commits any of the above crimes and receives his legal punishment in this world, that will be his expiation and purification. But if Allah screens his sin, it will be up to Allah, Who will either punish or forgive him according to His wish." Abu Abdullah said: "If a thief repents after his hand has been cut off, the his witness well be accepted. Similarly, if any person upon whom any legal punishment has been inflicted, repents, his witness will be accepted."

So, if you did do a sin, and you repent and nobody knows, then it is mercy from Allah that you are screened from it. What matters is that you repent sincerely from your heart, that you did that bad thing. That you return to being a good Muslim and never commit those sins again. Whether that is stealing, cheating or even murder. Allah can forgive all sins. And, even if a bad criminal who does not care about what he did is not caught, then justice will be served in the next life.

Allah does not let any injustice go without being judged and those responsible punished.

Anyway, in your case, you were only 7 years old, in Islam you are too young to be punished for ANYTHING. and even if you were older, had you been caught, you would not have been punished for what you did, because it was a minor thing..

wasalam.

mohamedqadar

does anyone knows how to get this lecture on mps player or where i can download it as a mps player file jazakumu-allah

dna1987

Muslim Guy

does anyone knows how to get this lecture on mps player or where i can download it as a mps player file jazakumu-allah

Yes bro, you can download it here -

http://muslimways.com/downloads/islamic-talks/bilal-assad-2.html

There are whole bunch of other Bilal Assad lectures - follow up with your Ahmed the Repenter lecture with some of the other ones (the 3 "Stories of the Prophets" are also really good!) that are also very good.

I'd just like to mention that the video and the audio lecture I got from Muslimways are slightly different - the video version is longer, but the audio also has one or two bits that the video does not.

Hope this helped. Salam alaikum.

sky_012

JAzak Allah brother mabsoot for the detailed answer

in fact i had many misconceptions that i corrected through the message, and especially concerning applying the sharia rules in muslim countries

once again sincerely thanks a lot

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..

Jazaka Allahu khair brother. A very beautiful lecture by Brother Bilal. May Allah (swt) put Ahmed in the highest rank of jannah, what an example of a true repentance mashallah. I've heard this story by another shiekh '' Mohammed Al-Awathi''..

I agree with you brother Mrmuslim that there must eye witnesses of the crime before even being punished. In addition, brother Bilal (lecturer) shouldnt mention the name of the country where the incident took place.. (thats my opinion)!

Wassalamu ALykom..