A question for Pakistanis/ people from muslim countries

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:

My parents are forcing me to shave my beard again and very heated about it again.

Is it true that in Pakistan, people who have beard are being targeted, or being used to kill others or being killed specifically.

My parents always say its unsafe as a Pakistani to have a beard someone will do something to be or get me involved in a wrong group. My parents say their target is mostly people in their early 20's like me

What is the real thing? since im not in Pakistan and my parents are so i cant say much and recently due to the recent bomb blast on the mosque belonging to Ahmedi sect my parents say like its the people with beard who do this stuff....

Any help?
:wasalam:

revert2007

Love Fishing

My parents are forcing me to shave my beard again and very heated about it again.

Is it true that in Pakistan, people who have beard are being targeted, or being used to kill others or being killed specifically.

My parents always say its unsafe as a Pakistani to have a beard someone will do something to be or get me involved in a wrong group. My parents say their target is mostly people in their early 20's like me

What is the real thing? since im not in Pakistan and my parents are so i cant say much and recently due to the recent bomb blast on the mosque belonging to Ahmedi sect my parents say like its the people with beard who do this stuff....

Any help?

Assalamualikum brother.Well it is not only in Pakistan but the same in Egypt but it is not the same in Malaysia(both a Muslim countries).

In Egypt,if you have beard,no matter what happens even if it is not your fault,the police will immediately look for you and they will treat you so badly.

On the other hand in Malaysia,the more religious you are,the more respect and more good treatment you gain.If you have beard,no problem.They treat you so good.That is the plus point of my country.

I know that when a woman wears niqab and if it is threatening herlife,she can take it off.Will the same goes to having beard?Can a man decide not to have beard if it threatens himself?

If you want to practise your deen well,do hijrah to a country where you can practise it well in sha Allah.

Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuhu!!

ppl who actively show they practice islam from their appearance are targeted all the around the world and in pakistan these days too!!but not exactly shooting every bearded man dead!!when you are here things feel normal.coz you see bearded men walking in peace!!and yes they are alive!!

teased!!but not pull them out of houses and classes and markets or simple lifes coz then i'm afraid it's going to be one tought job for them,tail every bearded early20s guy!!must be somethig at the very least 1/10th of our men in here!!

when it comes to safety bhai i want to know how safe ws the world for practising muslims eversince the advant of islaam......may be you can start right from the sahaba!!what they did when they realised their unsafe situation??did they sway from the path of virtue??did they consider their parents in this??or the tortures of the anti islamists???

you know your answer!!

:wasalam: wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!!

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
JazakAllah khair ukhti revert2007 , i think you spoke the truth of wat is happening around the world.

Unfortunately i feel situation is worse in muslim countries then many non muslim countries i haven't noticed such thing in Canada Alhumdulilah but ALlah knows best.

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuhu!!

ppl who actively show they practice islam from their appearance are targeted all the around the world and in pakistan these days too!!but not exactly shooting every bearded man dead!!when you are here things feel normal.coz you see bearded men walking in peace!!and yes they are alive!!

teased!!but not pull them out of houses and classes and markets or simple lifes coz then i'm afraid it's going to be one tought job for them,tail every bearded early20s guy!!must be somethig at the very least 1/10th of our men in here!!

when it comes to safety bhai i want to know how safe ws the world for practising muslims eversince the advant of islaam......may be you can start right from the sahaba!!what they did when they realised their unsafe situation??did they sway from the path of virtue??did they consider their parents in this??or the tortures of the anti islamists???

you know your answer!!

:wasalam: wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!!

sister, i know there are people with beards in Pakistan but like sister revert 2007 they are picked on and treated very badly, now thats my main Question cuz my parents say its ok to shave since my life would be in dangerous.

Well the reason mostly being i travel alot internationally, and authorities in Pakistan they literally look for a guy who has a beard or something and put his through so much pain to travel and my parents are scared if something even slightly goes wrong i would be the 1st one targeted.

Just couple of months ago, i tried to travel to US, which is a normal thing for canadians been there many many times, but this time they pulled me over took me for investigation, i was detained for 3 hours while my car was basically trashed and everything in it, My finger prints were taken and send back to canada with a squad car.

That time i was sent back now my parents fear of worse things ...... So i understand their point but like i fear Allah and not them but i hate to put my parents in a situation where they are worried about me 24/7 especially that they are thousands of miles away from me ....

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
sister, i know there are people with beards in Pakistan but like sister revert 2007 they are picked on and treated very badly, now thats my main Question cuz my parents say its ok to shave since my life would be in dangerous.

Well the reason mostly being i travel alot internationally, and authorities in Pakistan they literally look for a guy who has a beard or something and put his through so much pain to travel and my parents are scared if something even slightly goes wrong i would be the 1st one targeted.

Just couple of months ago, i tried to travel to US, which is a normal thing for canadians been there many many times, but this time they pulled me over took me for investigation, i was detained for 3 hours while my car was basically trashed and everything in it, My finger prints were taken and send back to canada with a squad car.

That time i was sent back now my parents fear of worse things ...... So i understand their point but like i fear Allah and not them but i hate to put my parents in a situation where they are worried about me 24/7 especially that they are thousands of miles away from me ....

sorry again i took you wrong!!*sigh*do you have any Qs that are easy to answer:(!!!

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

I don't know how you feel like that one who has beard is killing or killed in pakistan ? The idea cannot be generalize.So its worthless to think that one who keeps beard do or does terrorism or becomes victiom of that.
Its the difference in beliefs and actions. A muslim following qur'aan and sunnah kinows the punishment of crimes, and will not do such things, But the mis-guided ones.

It has no connection with one who keeps beard or not.

I would wish that you don't hear what others say. In the case of keeping beard or any other deed, ask Allaah, supplicate Him, do istikhara, InshaAllaah. don't take approval/ opinions of others in matters which you could sort out yourself. You can convince your parents that so many muslims younger-elder than me keep beard, wear islamic clothing and Allaah take care of them And I do think the same for myself. and say this straight out of the heart.

There are some who went through such challenges, say social or family but remained strong -hearted, self-confident and didn't cared for what their neighbour would say or what others would think of and just did it.

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
may Allah strengthen your deen ameen thuma ameen.
yes brother as for Pakistan the situations have got so bad.whenever ther is any blast or target killing ,the police will pick people having beards as their prime suspect.but mostly they are pakhtoon people and it really amazes me that how can an entire race be terrorists. lol.
look at Faisal Shahzad.he is a normal pakistan pakhtoon ,not very pious or having long sharaee beard but he was caught by the american authorities.
my brother is a software eng and his visa to Italy was rejected only because he is pakistani and a pakhtoon.
but it depends where do you and in what circumstances.
bhai,Allah ki rassi ko mazbooti sey thaam loo yeh bas aik din ki zindagi hy aur phir yeh tau daur hi fitnoo wala hy.hum ney sabr key saath Allah kay deen ki rassi ko thaaamna hy.
Allah aap ko apney hifz o aman mein rakhey.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
SubhanAllah! That is soo crude:(! Just 'cause yu're bearded, doesn't make you a criminal, na'udhu Billah! But akhi, like bro abu' Muhammad said, you're parents have mant rights over you, But try to convince them that you want to keep it because Allah swt is by your side, and No harm can get to you if you're under His protection! May He ease the woriness from your parents and protect you from any harm.aamen

IbnAhmad

This is so not true. Like the Sister above said, just because you have a Beard does not make you criminal. There are millions around the world who keep their Beards and they are not criminals. Even living in the West I feel I am respected for keeping my Beard Alhamdulilah. Why is it that we should look at what other people think of us? I feel the mentality is wrong. We should be more concerned about how we look in the eyes of Allah SWT.

May Allah SWT guide us all and your Parents to the true understanding of the Deen. The reality is, you shaving your Beard is not going to stop these 'Terrorists' doing what they do. It's quite funny because from most 'Terrorists' that get found out in the West are those ignorant ones who have never studied Islam and they are the ones who are clean shaven. SubhanAllah.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum

JazakAllah khair for the reply, May Allah (swt) reward you all for your efforts - ameen

well i guess its true bearded muslims are picked upon , Inshallah May Allah (swt) help them all and give them courage - ameen

walaikum salam :)

MOSABJA

From what I have experienced there can be two issues in mind of parents.

1.If you keep a beard and show a sudden inclination towards Islam People start suspecting that you will become a talib(terrorist according to them).
2.In Pakistan people with beard are discriminated or are under threat.

My parents had the first thing in their mind.They and other friends and relatives suspected me of having been involved with some king of terrorist group.
Which is unfortunate as people automatically start associating a person with beard and cap to be a Terrorist or someone like that.
But remember its your own decision to make.People can say whatever they want you should make your Allah happy and people will gradually accept.Its been two years since I kept beard and now my parents have some how accepted it though they still dont like that.Just tell your parents that you are keeping beard because its a sunnah and your are fully aware that terrorism is haram in Islam.

As far as second thing is concerned I dont think that you are under threat in Pakistan if you keep a beard because here many people keep beard .No one is killing bearded people.I am safe and well...........
But you might face problems while traveling because when they see
A Muslim
A Pakistani
with a beard
They will automatically consider you a suspect.

Abdul25

Logical Believer

Well brother, i dont think it is about beards , it is actually about being a PAKISTANI , we have bad name all over the world, even if i am born in UK , but i am a brit with PAkistani origin, how funny it is, and this applies to all countries.

there is discrimination against i would rather say Pakistanis, as i have experienced,

we were going to berlin on a regional train, secret police came and investigated us and when finding out that we are pakistanis, made us gett of the train in the midaway , taken back to our city, we were interrogated for 3 hours even they know we r only students but one word made the differecne and that is Pakistanis .

there are many Muslim students here but we r interrogated every time , every day,
i dont blame them , this is what we have done to the world and this is what we will be getting in return..

when i was doing my bachelors in Pakistan , one night one of the guys i knew was taken by Pakistani secret agency, was kept at unknown place for 6 months and then released, they got nothing from him and how can they get something from him , he was innocent, but his one semester was ruined and he became a permanently suspicious in the eyes of our agencies, now we had to cut ties with him,now this is the problem,

( before coming here i had beard but my parents forced me so much and to that extent that i had to remove it , not fully though, my father was pressuring me everyday to cut it, i resisted alot but in the end i was helpless, now i think they were right).

hope u got my point akhi.
w salam.

MOSABJA

I know thats the reality.In foreign countries Pakistanis are being discriminated
What have we done to the world???Every thing is done by the world on us.Our villages are being bombed by drones .Same is the case with Yemen.

but I dont think secret service can keep an eye on millions of people who have beards in Pakistan.They usually keep record of activists. One such friend of mine was arrested because he was associated with tanzeem e islami of Israr Ahmed.But he was released.But still there are people mashallah who in spite of facing difficulties remain steadfast on sunnah.

As our prophet said that near the hour acting on a part of deen would be like holding a burning coal.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahamtullahi wa baraaktuhu!!

me again!!:)

okay may be you can do some search about it!!

in pak there is a group called the jamat-e-islami or something like that.these guys belive beard is must for men but since the lenght was not mentioned by the prophet specifically,a man keeping a short beard is doing just as fine as the one with long one....one palm lenght or whatever it is!!!

so i just thought may be you can shorten yours even if the above concept is in doubt.atleast you won't be completely beard free which is very much against sunnah.like a niqaabi girl removes niqab and continues hijaab!!instead of removing both.

so maybe shorten it.....

arzafar

Well brother, i dont think it is about beards , it is actually about being a PAKISTANI , we have bad name all over the world, even if i am born in UK , but i am a brit with PAkistani origin, how funny it is, and this applies to all countries.

there is discrimination against i would rather say Pakistanis, as i have experienced,

we were going to berlin on a regional train, secret police came and investigated us and when finding out that we are pakistanis, made us gett of the train in the midaway , taken back to our city, we were interrogated for 3 hours even they know we r only students but one word made the differecne and that is Pakistanis .

there are many Muslim students here but we r interrogated every time , every day,
i dont blame them , this is what we have done to the world and this is what we will be getting in return..

when i was doing my bachelors in Pakistan , one night one of the guys i knew was taken by Pakistani secret agency, was kept at unknown place for 6 months and then released, they got nothing from him and how can they get something from him , he was innocent, but his one semester was ruined and he became a permanently suspicious in the eyes of our agencies, now we had to cut ties with him,now this is the problem,

( before coming here i had beard but my parents forced me so much and to that extent that i had to remove it , not fully though, my father was pressuring me everyday to cut it, i resisted alot but in the end i was helpless, now i think they were right).

hope u got my point akhi.
w salam.

that's true. Also id like to add that pakis have done more than their fair share of bad things abroad and that doesnt help our reputation.

Ibn Uthaymin

Yeah I agree with the sentiments of some people above me. Im not Pakistani, but if you are Pakistani you will be discriminated against, ragardless if you have beard or not.

MOSABJA

I think its about Muslims as a whole. Muslims from particular country come to spot light when there is some trouble or war going on there.If Pakistani Muslims are being discriminated then it is because of war on terror .Same is the case with Afghani ,Somali and Yemeni Muslims .

arzafar

I think its about Muslims as a whole. Muslims from particular country come to spot light when there is some trouble or war going on there.If Pakistani Muslims are being discriminated then it is because of war on terror .Same is the case with Afghani ,Somali and Yemeni Muslims .

yaars we had a bad reputation everywhere even before 9-11. only in the US we had a decent rep because our best doctors and engrs end up there (brain drain) but obviously all that has gone now.