Evolution in Islam????

MutlekM

:salam2:
I have met muslims who believe in evolution i want to say its haram but im not sure so thats why im askin if believing that we came from monkeys is haram?

MutlekM

It violates what God says in the Quran,

"[God] said, "O Iblees, what prevented you from prostrating to that which I created with My hands? Did you deem [yourself] big, or were you among the haughty?" {38:75}

For all other creatures, other than man, there is nothing in Islam that says they did not come into being by evolution. Evolution is a physical law that God created, thus everything created directly by God (such as man) or indirectly by evolution is in fact created by God because God is the Creator and Maintainer of the law of evolution.

Does that mean believing that we came from monkey is haram?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

"[God] said, "O Iblees, what prevented you from prostrating to that which I created with My hands? Did you deem [yourself] big, or were you among the haughty?" {38:75}

For all other creatures, other than man, there is nothing in Islam that says they did not come into being by evolution. Evolution is a physical law that God created, thus everything created directly by God (such as man) or indirectly by evolution is in fact created by God because God is the Creator and Maintainer of the law of evolution.

I agree with brother Ayman, if you actually have studied evolution you would know man coming from monkey is something that they just justify to support the answer that we all came from the same ancestors but evolutionist dont really have an answer to many Questions regarding that, e.g. how did intelligence came but there are aspects of evolution which could be true,
:wasalam:

MutlekM

so from the awnsers does that mean that believing that we came from monkeys is not true. but evolution in general might be true?

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

I believe exactly THE SAME.

Muslims or Islam has no contradiction with the Theory of Evolution except that Humans were created by Allah in a manner other than the reat of the living beings were created. Humans were created by Allah Himself using clay. And since this is in Quran we have to believe it.

If we believe otherwise like human being came from an ape like creature, than that will be HARAAM.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
so from the awnsers does that mean that believing that we came from monkeys is not true. but evolution in general might be true?

brother evolution happens in various ways one of the most dominant one is natural selection, that happens when nature selects a particular type other another. And we know Allah (swt) control that, nothing happens without the will of Allah (swt).

let me give you an example, lets say on Galapagos island, which has many many different type of birds, a drought happens and all the small flowers die. Now in a species of bird lets call them sparrow, it will have individuals that are big and small, like human some are tall some are short, the small birds might not be able to reach to the bottom of the large flowers and they will die or live on minimal basic and not be able to produce many children. This will cause the population on evolve , so in the next generation of those sparrow birds you will see more of the big sparrows than small cuz big sparrows would have been able to feed themselves easily on the large flowers.

I hope it make sense, One big rule of evolution is it doesn't matter on a individual level it happens to populations and needs 1 generation its like not one person will evolve and grow a leg or something.

Hope it makes sense :)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2: wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu:)
this evolution mess offen creates a mess:)no when you put it that way i won't say it's haraam.....it's a natural process and believing in nature is not haraam.in a very low level you can see it in humans too....."not that apes modified and improved product is human" no that not i'm saying......in early embryonic stages you can see some evolution...

however if you want to see it's islamic or quranic piont of veiw then i think this is the best i got.......sorry but my studies to prove evolution islamically are not enough yet:)but here:
ayah98 surah al anaam.

وَهُوَ الَّذِي أَنشَأَكُم مِّن نَّفْسٍ وَاحِدَةٍ

And HE is who has brought you into being from a single being,

and this ayah finishes with:

قَقَدْ فَصَّلْنَا الْآيَاتِ لِقَوْمٍ يَفْقَهُونَ

indeed WE have made plain the communications for people who

understand.

but here the thing is i don't understand..this single being could mean a single human or a fertilised egg -which evoles into a human;)......so that needs studing inshallah.i believe quran has answers for everything it's just that we never tried........so trying now inshallah:)

keep me in your prayers

ALLAH HAFIZ

Abu Talib

Feeling low
If they believe in the word of Allah then the Quran itself disapproves the theory of Humans getting evolved from Monkeys through the following verses from Quran.

“Verily, the likeness of ‘Eesa (Jesus) before Allaah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: ‘Be!’ — and he was”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:59]

Allaah says :

“And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth)”

[al-Mu’minoon 23:12]

“Verily, We created them of a sticky clay”

[al-Saaffaat 37:12]

Allaah says :

“And indeed, We created man from dried (sounding) clay of altered mud”
[al-Hijr 15:26]

Allaah says :

“He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery”

[al-Rahmaan 55:14]

Allaah says :

“(Remember) when your Lord said to the angels: ‘Truly, I am going to create man from clay’.

So when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me, then you fall down prostrate to him”

[Saad 38:71-72]

Allaah says :

“And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth).

Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman).

Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So Blessed is Allaah, the Best of creators”
[al-Mu’minoon 23:12-14]

Allaah says:

“O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women”
[al-Nisa’ 4:1]

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

I'll just reiterate what I posted on another thread:

Do not drag religion with science, and vice versa.

erm....bro firstly if you talk about any other religion than islam i'll say i agree:shake: coz you don't want to see how incomplete they are:pif islam then why not:confused:

science is a study,observation of nature:)......Quran is filled with explaintions of natural processes of nature:)mashallah.in this case we shouldn't drag islam into politics,businsess,sociology.literature etc:).........and that can't happen:)islam like other religion doesn't merely consist of teaching you how to pray and perform ibadah!!!it's got everything.......isn't it:)

i'm saying this coz what about ppl(muslims) who study science and get confused about somethin related to science????whether or notto accept something that science says:confused:??what if we want to make sure that the study we are taking messes our faiths or not???what about some scientific facts in the quran that needs studies and verification to shut the voices of kuffars and doubts:confused:

MutlekM

Ok jazakumAllaah khair I think I kind of understand now but its still a little confusing. So i will do my own studies on evolution.

Aisha hussain..

seeking knowledge
creationism is the belief that God created all species in six days,
according to creationism all species present on earth today have remained unchange since they were created by Allah swt

Darwins theory of evolution contradicts this

Either you belive in Darwin or Allah swt
The lord of alamin

evolution in simple words: -
when the genetic compostion in DNA changes over successive generations.
When the changes are sufficiently great a new species may be formed

this is the basic of evolution

this is just a theory being muslims we should belive that Allah has created humans by the most perfect way

jazakallah khayran

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
"Brought you into being" is an inaccurate translation. The word أنشأكم means "He initiated you." Thus, this verse is referring to the creation of mankind from the single human Adam.

To see more examples of the word إنشاء (initiation), examine 56:35-38.

jazakallah khaira for correction akhi i'll check that out.....i got that from some site as arabic is not my first language:(

but how about this:

mentions evolver here:confused:

هُوَ اللَّـهُ الْخَالِقُ الْبَارِئُ

surah alhashar aya24

HE is ALLAH,the creator,the evolver.(yousuf ali translation)

in picthall translation it says the "the shaper out of naught"

P.s
one thing for all those who are conver/reverts or are here to learn islam plz dont' take my opnioin about stuff seriously i'm here to learn like you.i'm bound to be wrong so don't take things like this as new law..........not tht it looks it:lol:........but still be careful when you study individuals opnion about something controvertial:)........jazakallah khairan:p

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
one calrification ppl:when i posted that previous ayah i was not of the opnion that men came from apes:astag:
what i was trying to say was that whether this ayah tells us about the evolution(kind of) a fertilised egg(cell) passes thru to become a human(organism(multicellular))

hope things are clear:eek:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Not an accurate translation either. Sorry. The word البارئ (Al-Baari') means the one who originates from nothing. That is why "innocence" is translated براءة (Baraa'a) in Arabic and the jurisprudential term Al-Baraa'a Al-Asliyya means the original allowance of everything. The word براءة also means absolving. What is common between all these semantics is "original state."

In Arabic schools, the theory of evolution is called نظرية النشوء والارتقاء (the theory of initiation and refinement). I think that the word الارتقاء (refinement) is an excellent translation of the word evolution. The wrong part of the theory, IMHO, is the نشوء (initiation) part. The theory does not prove it, but there is a ton of evidence to support the refinement part.

translation troubles:(!!!!where do i get accurate quranic translation from:girl3:???
so the origin of life that says the hot dilute soups of the world in it's primitive conditions gave rise to simple polymers and that gave rise to prokaryotes.first form of life.life!!!so does that this word Al barii can be used to explain that theory.that Allah made conditions of life origination possible,originated life from nothing:p.........i read that experiments were carried out,primitive earth conditions were provided and primitive polymers were obtained.so this couldn't be possible that man does something Allah has not:astag:!!......can that thing be explained with this name of Allah........in most places it is translated as evolver.

yeah i know irtiqa....same word is used in urdu and puhsto.

that is nicely put.for sure the theory can't prove and evidences can't support it.Quran tells the truth:)!!!!!so what evidence can be brought forward to deny the truth.

but quran provides no referance to evolution????how come:(??:(.....i know Quran is not for explaining science....but i just find it strange.i'm used to hear Quran's say in everything......needs more study.....Hmmmm!!

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum akhi Ayman, i had this big Question in my mind for a long time could you explain the word Al-Bari , which means the evolver, in the context of arabic literature and grammer, is the evolver good translation of the word al-bari

i think thats the name of Allah (swt) the sister above me is mentioning

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:Salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu:)

aslam o alaikum akhi Ayman, i had this big Question in my mind for a long time could you explain the word Al-Bari , which means the evolver, in the context of arabic literature and grammer, is the evolver good translation of the word al-bari

i think thats the name of Allah (swt) the sister above me is mentioning

akhi he already did:eek:if this is what you wanted

vvvv

Not an accurate translation either. Sorry. The word البارئ (Al-Baari') means the one who originates from nothing. That is why "innocence" is translated براءة (Baraa'a) in Arabic and the jurisprudential term Al-Baraa'a Al-Asliyya means the original allowance of everything. The word براءة also means absolving. What is common between all these semantics is "original state."

In Arabic schools, the theory of evolution is called نظرية النشوء والارتقاء (the theory of initiation and refinement). I think that the word الارتقاء (refinement) is an excellent translation of the word evolution. The wrong part of the theory, IMHO, is the نشوء (initiation) part. The theory does not prove it, but there is a ton of evidence to support the refinement part.

ever heard of irtiqai amal:confused:in urdu back in the day.

MutlekM

JazakAllaah khair for helping out and may Allaah reward all the bros/sis who shared their knowledge.
Peace

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
There is an ongoing project aiming to do just that. Check it out.

Al-Baari' means God initiated the first creation. Al-Khaaliq means that He creates from it subsequent creations, either directly, such as creating Adam from mud, or indirectly by evolution or other means not yet discovered.

If they couldn't obtain that primitive organism, could the experiment have continued? That is why initiation is necessary and only God can do it.

The Quran does not mention evolution directly, but it does draw attention to the process. For example,
"He said, 'Our Lord is He who gave each thing its form and then guided [it].' " (20:50)

Some of that guidance can be found in the "genetic instructions" found in every chromosome. Just like our bodies know how to heal wounds and how to adapt to extreme living conditions ;)

jazakallah khairan akhi:)i'll check the link the first chance i get inshallah.
and this aya too jazakallah khairan for that....

have a couple of other question but i'll ask them later inshallah.

however one correction....i edited my post.it was polymers that harold and urey(1953 in chicago :SMILY129:USA:SMILY129:) obtained when the passed electric dicharges though the premordial broth that is thought to have existed in early times...oprain haldane concept....
not an organisms:astag:what was i thinking!!:astag:so yeah only Allah is the ALBARAAI-the iniator..

may ALLAH forgive us for our mistakes:tti_sister:and increase our knowledge.ameen

akhi mutleq barakallah fik:)

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

P.S love genetics...it's hell better science then stupid evolution:p(wonder how i got all curious about this:confused:)