Dedicated to.... HIVpozmuslim

safiya58

:salam2:

Maybe you are aware of the storry of Ka´ab ibn Malik. I´ll not narrate the whole storry. I just want to concentrate on the lessons we can learn from it.

Ka´ab ibn Malik and two other sahabas (don´t know there names) was guilty for not following the prophet´s (s.a.w) instruction to join the tabuk war.

However they were not just the only three men who stayed behind and had left the ummah in the lurch....

Many people refused to join the prophet because of the hardships the travelling brought along. A hypocrist is a hypocrist... if the comands of deen are linked with hardships they will find excuses not to follow....

When the prophet (saw) arrived back to Medinah those who did not participate went to him. They´ve lied and made up storries to justify why they refused to obey the order... Muhammed (saw) accepted their excuses. Because they was indifferent to him (saw).

But in contrast to the hypocrists these three men was diffrent..... Why...? Because they was regretfull in their hearts....

They belonged to the repenters.... They was the "good guys"... And there excuse was not just accepted like the excuse of the hypocrits.... they had to pass a hard test.... yes, they was punished... The Messenger asked the muslims to boycott the three men. No one was allowed to talk to them, not even return their salam. Even their own families would not talk to them. The boycott continued for fifty days.

I want to stop at this point... Allah does not only punish people for their wrongs He don´t loves but also and specially people whom He loves.......

And the end of the storry: Allah (swt), after 50 days, revealed the verse 118 of surat Al-Tawbah: "And to the three who were left behind (at the Battle of Tabuk), until the earth became narrow with all its vastness, and their souls became narrow for them, they knew there was no shelter from Allah except in Him. Then He turned to them (in mercy) so that they might also turn (in repentance). Allah is the Turner, the Most Merciful."

Allah (swt) replaced their hardship and misery with the honour of vindication and of being mentioned in the holy Qur'an. This was their reward for their sincerity and honesty, even though they committed a sin and made a mistake. But they were sincere in their hearts, and they truely loved Allah (swt) and the Messenger (pbuh).

When these verses were revealed, the believers raced to the home of Ka'ab ibn Malik to give him the good news....

One of them even got on top of a house and shouted out the news.

Every believer wanted to be the first to tell the good news to their brother. They went to his home, hugged him and congratulated him on the forgiveness that he was granted from Allah (swt).

What a beautiful example of brotherhood. They loved their brother. Even though they had boycotted him for 50 days, but when Allah (swt) forgave him they raced to hug him again! Subhan Allah, they loved and hated based on whom Allah (swt) loved and hated, not based on their own personal choice and their own desires. Even though their brother was a sinner, and he made a terrible mistake, and he disobeyed Allah (swt) and the Messenger (pbuh), they still loved him and were hoping he would be forgiven.

We should implement this type of love and brotherhood today amongst ourselves. Unfortuantely, many times when a Muslim commits a sin, the others will treat him badly. Even if he repents they will still suspect him and never forget his mistake. These are not the manners of true believers. We should follow this beautiful example of the companions. We should rush towards those who repent, and love for our brothers to repent. We should love them and work with them to help them stop committing sins, not accuse them and fight with them and against them. We are all in this together, and we must help each other or else we will all lose everything in this world and on the Day of Judgement.

Brother.... this is dedicated to you... Hope you´ll read it.... I just want to congratulate you for you repentance and let you know that you are my brother no matter what you did and what not... No matter if you are HIV positive or negative.... I´m sure many brothers and sisters think the same....

If someone finds gold between rubbish he´ll still be delighted by this finding. Gold will not loose its worth... You too.... You are of value... more than gold... because you are a muslim....

:wasalam:

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
:salam2:

MashaaAllah sis, this was a good story and example to follow. I hope the brother will benefit from this story. I was really touched when I first heard about this story. Patience is something so great, may Allah give us plenty of it.