eating from non zabiha halal places

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:

well living in canada i dont eat from places like mcdonalds and other fast food and non islamic places but i know many muslims do, now i came across one today who had a small discussion with me so while researching on this topic i looked up this fatwa and it says

Fourthly:

Based on the above, whoever travels to a non-Muslim country where most of those who slaughter meat are Christians or Jews, it is permissible for him to eat their meat, unless he knows that they stun the animals or mention over them the name of someone other than Allaah, as stated above

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/88206/meat

I honestly dont know if they mention anyone's name while slaughtering or they stun it so please advice should we eat from such places that dont serve Zabiha halal meat cuz i always thought we shouldn't?

JazakAllah khair shukran

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa 'alaikkumus salaam wa rahmatullaah

I think you missed out something while reading in that Fatwa...

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak (may Allaah preserve him) said: “The meats available in kaafir countries are of various types. As for fish, it is halaal in all cases, because its being halaal does not depend on the way in which it is slaughtered or on the name of Allaah being mentioned over it.

With regard to other types of meat, if the companies or individuals who produce meat are people of the Book, Jews or Christians, and it is not known from them that they kill the animal by electric shock, strangling or striking it on the head, as is well known in the west, then this meat is halaal. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Made lawful to you this day are At‑Tayyibaat [all kinds of Halaal (lawful) foods, which Allaah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits)]. The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them”

[al-Maa’idah 5:5]

It is in known in western countries like Canada, USA, UK and other european countries that they stun the animals in order to kill or use other haraam ways. Perhaps if you travelled to some christian Arab land where it is not known, or some sort of village/town in india or other asian countries which is christian dominated, where it is not known how they slaughter, then in shaAllaah this fatwa can be applied there. *smile*

Jazakumullaahu khairan wa ahsanal jazaa' for your curiousity in learning this wonderful deen.

Wa salaamu 'alaikkum akhi

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Wa 'alaikkumus salaam wa rahmatullaah

I think you missed out something while reading in that Fatwa...

It is in known in western countries like Canada, USA, UK and other european countries that they stun the animals in order to kill or use other haraam ways. Perhaps if you travelled to some christian Arab land where it is not known, or some sort of village/town in india or other asian countries which is christian dominated, where it is not known how they slaughter, then in shaAllaah this fatwa can be applied there. *smile*

Jazakumullaahu khairan wa ahsanal jazaa' for your curiousity in learning this wonderful deen.

Wa salaamu 'alaikkum akhi

:salam2:

JazakAllah khair akhi yes i did infact miss that thx for pointing it out.

then another Question arises, what about those people that dont use shock? can we eat from them cuz i know some people whose parents get meat from the farmer that slaughter on the spot would that meat be allowed?

JazakAllah khair :)

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Base from what the above post says, if you have a choice between lets say mcdonalds and a muslim restaurant, go for the Muslim restaurant if you can because it is pleasing to Allah but if you do choose the other one cause you like it more than you must remember to say bismillah i guess that sums it all up then?

kayleigh

Besides the issue of how it's slaughtered - do you even know what kind of meat places like McDonald's use? I mean, I know fast food can be sinfully delicious at times lol but if you really think about it, its so disgusting. It isn't quality meat and its SO bad for you.

Domini9790

Salam alaykum

I still think just to be on the safe side you shouldn't eat from Mcdonalds or any other restaurants. In America they stun the animals before they eat them. Some places are blessed with arabic stores and farms. Where I live we are very fortunate to have them. Especiallly with us being here in America. Very hard to eat things without it being haraam.
:tti_sister::shymuslima1:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Walaykumsalaam brother islamwilrule,

I would like to point out to you that the people of the book in most cases, do not slaughter meat any more (except for few orthodox jews).

And in the west, the meat sold in restaurants, fast food joints, groceries are all stunned (that is electrocuted) and not slaughtered. Therefore it is not halaal for us to eat it.

The fatwa that you have posted unfortunately fails to provide this essential information that I have mentioned above.

So the only option for us muslims is to look for halaal zabiha meat in the west and exercise some restraint on our desires.

May Allah subhaana wa ta'ala guide us all to the straight path. Ameen

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi..

Status
Not open for further replies.