Can someone tell me this prayer or surah?

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Assalamualakum to everyone

every day in Ramadan when we did 1 rakah both taraweh and tahajjud prayer (witr) all the imams would recite a special surah or prayer when we put our hands together for duaa. Can someone please tell me the name of it and tell me what it basicly means. I am very eager to learn it :)

Edit: parts of it I can remember "keetu bu it laid, al ahya something" and " Yaa mujibud da'wah" and end of it was I think was "sahbehe wa salamm'

Thank you and jazakallah to all

Edit: I found the Dua its called Dua Qunoot. www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_6mKIxellk

I am wondering can we replace parts of it or make it shorter, like make our own version of it or does it have to stay like that. What is Dua Qunoot and what makes it special?

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Hope brother shamim you are not kidding,if u were serious then we neither really can't edit nor can we shorten it,you can find it any book about namaz.If you want we can write it here in this thread :)

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Mahissain yes this dua is my next goal once I finish memorizing the surah I'm memorizing. Thank you for you kindness and thoughtfullness and thank you muslimadee for that link it will help me alot and thanks ayman for clarifying you guys are always there when we need help :)

jazakallah khair to all of you