Dangergous book : Fazail e Amaal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansari

STRANGER...
Dangerous book : Fazail e Amaal

:salam2:

A critical analysis of a famous book called "Tableeghi Nisaab" or Fazail e Amaal written by Moulana Zakariya(pioneer of Tableeghi Jamaat). A widely read book in the sub-continent which is full of SHIRK & BIDAAT . :astag:

Lecture is in URDU.. urdu spearkers must know about this book

[yt]u07zR-jFnkQ[/yt]

[yt]BqJqpLTC-NY[/yt]

[yt]ZAMbjLOVPpY[/yt]

[yt]f3nHgjvmDZA[/yt]

[yt]QrFmLS95vGg[/yt]

[yt]1tajpxoYiZU[/yt]

Ibn Uthaymin

Mashallah, May Allah reward you . Im Bangali so i dont understand Urdu much, but that book is widely read amongst misinformed and wrongly taught muslims from Bangladesh too. May Allah guide us

The_truth

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, The book Fazail-e-Aamal, by Shaikh Muhammad Zakariya, it is a book of the Ahl-Sunna wal-Jamaah and is reliable in the category of encouraging to good deeds.

Scholars classically, such as Imam Ibn Salah and Imam Nawawi, have always stated there is leeway in quoting weak hadith in teaching the virtues of acts. Many people do not realize that there is a big difference between weak and fabricated (mawdu) hadith which has always been accepted by the scholars.

The latter is a pure lie and the former has the possibility of being true, but there is some weakness in the chain. Scholars like Imam Suyuti are also known to have followed the methodology of Shaikh Zakariyya in narrating hadith. Thus, even if there are some weak narrations in this book, this does not mean it cannot be read or benefited from, as there is no book that is free from defects except the Book of Allah taala.

Mufti Mohammed Sajjad

Different people often critisize this book for containing weak Ahadith, but most of today’s Ulemas (scholars) agree upon that weak hadith naaration is allowed for teaching virtues of already establised practices in Islam. Overall this book is not only the perfect compilation for Taleem at your local mosque but as well at home. It’s a reminder of the Islamic obligations and encourages every single Muslim to seek the pleasure of Allah Ta’ala through righteous deeds

and Allah knows best

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum warahmatullaah.

With all respect akhi the_truth, even if we were to put the weak narrations concerning virtues aside, there are problematic narrations concerning `aqeedah. It is these ahaadeeth that the spot-lights are on.

Are there Baseless Stories in the Fazaail Aamal that harm the Aqeedah (Beliefs)?

On another note, it would be more correct to say that Muhammad Zakariy followed As-Suyuti's methodology, given the statement is true, since he came much later than the former, and was not near to him in rank and authority as a scholar of sunnah. The salaf are superior to the khalaf.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't notice the above was from the verdict. The statement still holds, but isn't directed to you.

Was-salaam

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
The stories mentioned in Al-Kashmiri's link are indeed troubling, but such stories are so very very common in the subcontinent. I once started reading Fazail-e-amaal, but could only read half, because I wasn't sure what to believe and what not to believe.

daywalker

:salam2: I cant believe that you quoted from AHYA Trolls who are bunch of laymen and objecting many practise of salaf without reading one piece of salaf´s book! who raises objection and insult the practise of imam shafii(rh) which is narrated via imam dhahabi(rh) in his al mizan and imam abu hanifa(rh) via khabre mutawatir and imam ahmad(rh) practise via other books.
The stories mentioned in Al-Kashmiri's link are ndeed troubling, but such stories are so very very common in the subcontinent.
Sub continent isnt a place where they produce stories.All stories are narrated from scholars book who are mainly muhaddithin from arab countries.And 2 stories were quoted in that link are mentioned in ibn jawzi (rh)´s book.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2:

It doesnot matter if the serious problems in Aqeedah are being propogated from East or West.

Alhamdulillah! we have Quran and Sunnah and understanding of the Salaf to differentiate between right and wrong...

Even if we leave aside weak narrations and fantastic stories aside.

There are fabricated hadith in Fazeel E 'Aaamaal. Strangely, these hadiths have been mentioned in arabic as mawdoo in the book, yet not translated in in urdu as fabricated hadith!

Even if we leave fabriacted hadiths here are too many problems in Fazeel E Aamaal in very very basic issues of our Aqeedah. Below are few of the examples, it just the tip of the iceberg:

1. Prophet :saw: coming from out from the Grave and helping people.
2. People other than Prophet :saw: coming out from Grave and helping people.
3. Prophet :saw: touching a female. :astag:
4. Person seeing the Light "Noor" of Allah in a toilet :astag:

I was also associated with Tableegh Jamaat for a long time, I understand that it is very hard for people to believe that there could be HUGE problems in their Aqeedah.
But, whoever seeks the truth with unbiased mind will find plenty of evidence of deviation in Fazeel E 'Aamaal and Tableegh...
May Allah guides us all to the straight path.

:wasalam:

Status
Not open for further replies.