Top 10 Reasons to Smile

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
Top 10 Reasons to Smile

By Mark Stibich, Ph.D., About.com
1. Smiling Makes Us Attractive

We are drawn to people who smile. There is an attraction factor. We want to know a smiling person and figure out what is so good. Frowns, scowls and grimaces all push people away -- but a smile draws them in.
2. Smiling Changes Our Mood

Next time you are feeling down, try putting on a smile. There's a good chance you mood will change for the better. Smiling can trick the body into helping you change your mood.
3. Smiling Is Contagious

When someone is smiling they lighten up the room, change the moods of others, and make things happier. A smiling person brings happiness with them. Smile lots and you will draw people to you.
4. Smiling Relieves Stress

Stress can really show up in our faces. Smiling helps to prevent us from looking tired, worn down, and overwhelmed. When you are stressed, take time to put on a smile. The stress should be reduced and you'll be better able to take action.
5. Smiling Boosts Your Immune System

Smiling helps the immune system to work better. When you smile, immune function improves possibly because you are more relaxed. Prevent the flu and colds by smiling.
6. Smiling Lowers Your Blood Pressure

When you smile, there is a measurable reduction in your blood pressure. Give it a try if you have a blood pressure monitor at home. Sit for a few minutes, take a reading. Then smile for a minute and take another reading while still smiling. Do you notice a difference?
7. Smiling Releases Endorphins, Natural Pain Killers and Serotonin

Studies have shown that smiling releases endorphins, natural pain killers, and serotonin. Together these three make us feel good. Smiling is a natural drug.
8. Smiling Lifts the Face and Makes You Look Younger

The muscles we use to smile lift the face, making a person appear younger. Don't go for a face lift, just try smiling your way through the day -- you'll look younger and feel better.
9. Smiling Makes You Seem Successful

Smiling people appear more confident, are more likely to be promoted, and more likely to be approached. Put on a smile at meetings and appointments and people will react to you differently.
10. Smiling Helps You Stay Positive

Try this test: Smile. Now try to think of something negative without losing the smile. It's hard. When we smile our body is sending the rest of us a message that "Life is Good!" Stay away from depression, stress and worry by smiling.

so keep smiling its sadakah

ansari

STRANGER...
:salam2:

jazakallah khair sister :)

btw who is Mark Stibich. lol

Brothers and sister, SMILE PLEASE :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: ...

smile-its-a-sunnah.gif

I_can_always_make_you_smile_by_Praerion.jpg

:lol:

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Asslam'u Alykum,

Jazak Allah for sharing it with us, sister. It's an informative thread.

11. Beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
  • “Charity is prescribed for each descendant of Adam every day the sun rises.” He was then asked: “From what do we give charity every day?” The Prophet answered: “The doors of goodness are many…enjoining good, forbidding evil, removing harm from the road, listening to the deaf, leading the blind, guiding one to the object of his need, hurrying with the strength of one’s legs to one in sorrow who is asking for help, and supporting the feeble with the strength of one’s arms–all of these are charity prescribed for you.”
  • “Your smile for your brother is charity.”

ansari

STRANGER...
baji app ko tu kuch bi nai pata :p ..

Mark Stibich, PhD
Chief Scientific Officer at Xenex Healthcare Services
ye hain uncle Mark >
0232c4a.jpg
:lol:

:salam2:

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
app kay uncle hain meray nai hain iss liyee muj ko nai pata chotay bhai app nau tu foto bhi rakhi hui hay.....kafi affection lagti hay... hum amm khatay hain peeir nai gintay hahaha:lol:

ansari

STRANGER...
wo google se search kia na ke hamri saima aunti:)p) ke uncle mark khon hain :lol:....mein tu amm khata hoon peeir dekha bi nai :lol:
u knw abi thori deer mi loog aain gae booley gae .urdu mi baat nai karo :lol: .. wo aaise oochaltey hain phir >:tantrum1:.... :lol:

na he is not my uncle :p..he is also a son of our FATHER ADAM(alaihis salam). MAY ALLAH GUIDE HIM :)

hana*

:D :D :D that was nice to read....

thanks binkhadija for youre reminder also about the hadeeth of smiling

some of us do not understand the urdu/punjabi written above

BinKhadija

An Akhu
wo aaise oochaltey hain phir >:tantrum1:.... :lol:
It's good to smile and make light jokes. That's good.

But it's not me, yaar (friend). I just don't know why don't you try to understand it's important you don't abuse Urdu language by using it when you shouldn't. It's a public forum, and your revert Muslim brothers surely won't be able to understand what you guys are talking about. It's pretty simple really.

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
abhi behan keh rahay thay abb auntii wasay i dont mind it .........................stop..................urdu main baatain karna mana hay wasay urdu walon ka bi forum alag hona chahay meri english bahoot kamzor hay dripp lagnay wali hay uss koo ok no more urdu now

ansari

STRANGER...
back to baji lol.. app khud urdu mi baat kari hain aur mujhe bool ri hain :lol:..hamara tha urdu forum ..par band kardia :(

:SMILY209: ENGLISH NOW :D no more urdu :D ..:SMILY288:

HIBBA2009

Daughter of Adam
It's good to smile and make light jokes. That's good.

But it's not me, yaar (friend). I just don't know why don't you try to understand it's important you don't abuse Urdu language by using it when you shouldn't. It's a public forum, and your revert Muslim brothers surely won't be able to understand what you guys are talking about. It's pretty simple really.

Asalamalikum
u r right brother we should not talk here in urdu anymore.......plz talk in english

it's a public form not only urdu form.....

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
sister jasak Allah
but the thing we were discussing was not public it just a little fun,,,, if u guys have reservations i can translate it for u :shake: so smile:hearts::hearts::hearts:

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
Jazakallah khair behna(sister:p) :D :lol:
Im smiling so HUGGGGEEEE now hehhehe! wow lotsa benefitsssss they're true right?? lolz kiddin....:D:D:D

thnx fr postinggggggggg

wasalamzzzzzz

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Asalamalikum
u r right brother we should not talk here in urdu anymore.......plz talk in english

it's a public form not only urdu form.....
Wa'alykum Salaam,

Thank you for being understanding, sister. At lease some other Pakis (yes, I mean Pakistanis :)) are awake as well, Alhamdulillah.

Wa'salaam :)

BinKhadija

An Akhu
The good doctor mentioned ten materialistic reasons, but there are many spiritual reasons which are even more compelling. One is what everybody above has mentioned, namely that a smile is a good deed. Another is that a smile is an expression of one's gratitude to God for all the good He has done for us, an acknowledgment of His favors upon us, the pleasure of knowing the truth and the aspiration for heaven.
:jazaak:
I didn't know there was such thing as Haraam police :SMILY26:
It is just a joke sis (hence the big joke smiley).

rightpath_357

Lol! I love smiling- with ALL my perfect teeth-lol- JK:lol:!!!!!!:D smiling is the best thing you ca give someone. So plz give me a smile, and a car, and a cat!!!:lol:
no- i just wanna smile!!!!:D there it is!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D