Special dua for success

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2: wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatuhu

Well as some might know i did my interview for medical school and now im waiting for my results.

Please everyone make dua that i get into med school,
May Allah (swt) give me and everyone success - ameen

Well, also i was wondering are there any special prayers i can do to ask ALlah for success, I know about salaat ul hajah but i read the hadith thru which it is trasmitted is weak.

anything i can do ?

JazakAllah khair and please remember me in ur dua :)

revert2007

Love Fishing
Well it is bi'dah to perform salah hajat.If you want to ask anything to Allah,just ask when ur performing normal prayer while sujud.The prophet pbuh has never perform salah hajat.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Well it is bi'dah to perform salah hajat.If you want to ask anything to Allah,just ask when ur performing normal prayer while sujud.The prophet pbuh has never perform salah hajat.

sister, do u have any references to support that cuz i read since nafil is a good deeds its not considered bad to pray salat hajah

this is the info i have

Abullah ibn Abi Awfa (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Whoever has a need with Allah, or with any human being, then let them perform ritual ablutions well and then pray two rakats. After that, let them praise Allah and send blessings on the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace). After this, let them say,
لا إِلَهَ إِلا اللَّهُ الْحَلِيمُ الْكَرِيمُ*!
سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَرْشِ الْعَظِيمِ
الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِين*!
أَسْأَلُكَ مُوجِبَاتِ رَحْمَتِكَ وَعَزَائِمَ مَغْفِرَتِكَ وَالْغَنِيمَةَ مِنْ كُلِّ بِرٍّ وَالسَّلامَةَ مِنْ كُلّإِثْمٍ*!
لا تَدَعْ لِي ذَنْبًا إِلا غَفَرْتَهُ وَلا هَمًّا إِلا فَرَّجْتَهُ وَلا حَاجَةً هِيَ لَكَ رِضًا إِلا قَضَيْتَهَا يَا أَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِينَ
There there no god but Allah the Clement and Wise.*!
There is no god but Allah the High and Mighty.*!
Glory be to Allah, Lord of the Tremendous Throne.*!
All praise is to Allah, Lord of the worlds.*!
I ask you (O Allah) everything that leads to your mercy, and your tremendous forgiveness, enrichment in all good, and freedom from all sin.*!
Do not leave a sin of mine (O Allah), except that you forgive it, nor any concern except that you create for it an opening, nor any need in which there is your good pleasure except that you fulfill it, O Most Merciful!”
[Related by Tirmidhi and Ibn Maja. The hadith has some weakness, but it is slight: such hadiths are acted upon for virtuous deeds (fada’il al-a`mal) by general agreement of Sunni scholarship]

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
sister, do u have any references to support that cuz i read since nafil is a good deeds its not considered bad to pray salat hajah

:salam2:

Performing nawafil prayer is a good deed ofcourse. But the problem with Salat ul Hajah doesn't lie there.

The problem lies in the authenticity of the act of worship.

Here is the ruling for Salatul Haajat.

Al-Tirmdihi said: this is a ghareeb [strange] hadeeth, and concerning its isnaad it was said: Faa’id ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan is weak in hadeeth.

Al-Albaani said: rather it is da’eef jiddan (very weak). Al-Haakim said: mawdoo’ (fabricated) ahaadeeth were narrated from Abu Awfa.

Reference: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10387

Well, also i was wondering are there any special prayers i can do to ask ALlah for success

They have answered this in the same fatwa as well :-

It is better and more perfect and safer for you to make du’aa’ to Allaah in the depths of the night and between the adhaan and iqaamah and at the end of every prayer before the tasleem; and on Fridays, for then there are times when du’aa’ is answered; and when breaking one’s fast. For your Lord says (interpretation of the meanings):

‘Invoke Me [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism) and ask Me for anything] I will respond to your (invocation)’[Fussilat 40:60]

‘And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor)’[al-Baqarah 2:186]

‘And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allaah, so call on Him by them’[al-A’raaf 7:180].” al-Sunan wa’l-Mubtada’aat by al-Shuqayri, p. 124

Reference: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10387

BinteShafi

Left long ago

May Allah give you success and happiness brother. Ameen

Times mentioned by BrotherInIslam are indeed the best times for dua. I would suggest you to kep on asking Allah Subhanwa Ta'la all the times (walking, sitting, and lying). Glorify Allah with HIS beautiful names, ask for peace and blessings for the Prophet sallallhi alaihi wasallam and ask Allah for the success.

If you send salam (daroord) on Prophet sallallhi alaihi wasallam all the time (and do not say anything else), Allah will accept every single dua of you Insha Allah

And Allah knows best

:wasalam:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Times mentioned by BrotherInIslam are indeed the best times for dua.

Just want to clarify that it is part of the fatwa whose link I have pasted above.

If you send salam (daroord) on Prophet sallallhi alaihi wasallam all the time (and do not say anything else), Allah will accept every single dua of you Insha Allah

Can you please provide the evidence for this Insha'Allah ?

Jazakallah sister.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
:salam2: wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatuhu

Well as some might know i did my interview for medical school and now im waiting for my results.

Please everyone make dua that i get into med school,
May Allah (swt) give me and everyone success - ameen

Well, also i was wondering are there any special prayers i can do to ask ALlah for success, I know about salaat ul hajah but i read the hadith thru which it is trasmitted is weak.

anything i can do ?

JazakAllah khair and please remember me in ur dua :)
o bhai may Allah grant u best in both worlds and success in all tests inshaAllah i will pray for my little brother dont worry u ll pass the test inshaAllah:tti_sister:

BinteShafi

Left long ago

Can you please provide the evidence for this Insha'Allah ?

Jazakallah sister.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Praise be to Allaah.

Sending blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is one of the greatest acts of worship. Allaah has enjoined it and praised those who do it, and He has made it a cause of forgiveness of sins and meeting one's needs.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah sends His Salaah (Graces, Honours, Blessings, Mercy) on the Prophet (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), and also His angels (ask Allaah to bless and forgive him). O you who believe! end your Salaah on (ask Allaah to bless) him (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), and (you should) greet (salute) him with the Islamic way of greeting (salutation, i.e. As‑Salaamu ‘Alaykum)”

[al-Ahzaab 33:56]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “whoever sends blessings upon me, Allaah will send blessings upon him tenfold.” Narrated by Muslim (384).

It was narrated that Ubayy ibn Ka’b (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: When two-thirds of the night had passed, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would say: “O people, remember Allaah, remember Allaah. The first Trumpet is about to sound, and will soon be followed by the second; death has come with all that it entails, death has come with all that it entails.” Ubayy said: I said: O Messenger of Allaah, I send blessings upon you a great deal; how much of my prayer (du’aa’) should be for you? He said: “Whatever you wish.”

I said: One quarter? He said: “Whatever you wish, and if you do more it is better for you.”

I said: Half? He said: “Whatever you wish, and if you do more it is better for you.”

I said: Two thirds? He said: “Whatever you wish, and if you do more it is better for you.”

I said: Should I make all my du’aa’ for you? He said: “Then your concerns will be taken care of and your sins will be forgiven.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2457); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Jala’ al-Afhaam (79): Our Shaykh Abu ‘Abbaas (i.e., Ibn Taymiyah) was asked about the meaning of this hadeeth. He said: Ubayy ibn Ka’b had a du’aa’ that he used to say for himself, and he asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) whether he should make one-quarter of it sending blessings on him, and he said … because whoever sends blessings on the Prophet, Allaah will send blessings on him tenfold, and if Allaah sends blessings on a person He will take care of his concerns and forgive him his sins.

It says in Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi: “how much of my prayer (du’aa’) should be for you?” means: how much instead of my du’aa’ for myself. This was stated by al-Qaari. Al-Mundhiri said in al-Targheeb: What it means is: I say a lot of du’aa’; how much of my du’aa’ should I make sending blessings on you? I said: Should I make all my du’aa’ for you? i.e., should I devote all the time that I used to spend in saying du’aa’ for myself to sending blessings on you?

Then your concerns will be taken care of and your sins will be forgiven” – concerns means everything that a person seeks in this world and in the Hereafter. What it means is: if you spend all the time of du’aa’ in sending blessings on me, you will be given what you hope for in this world and in the Hereafter. End quote.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Radd ‘ala al-Bakri (1/133): This is the ultimate that a person can say in du’aa’ for himself to bring good things and ward off harmful things, for du’aa’ involves attaining what one wants and warding off what one fears.

One of the commentators on al-Masaabeeh said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not impose a set limit on that for him, lest that close the door to doing more. So he still left the choice up to him, whilst encouraging him to do more, until he said: Should I make all my du’aa’ for you? He said: “Then your concerns will be taken care of”, meaning all your concerns, whether they have to do with religious or worldly affairs, because sending blessings on him includes remembering Allaah and venerating the Messenger, (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), which is similar to saying du’aa’ for himself. Quoted by al-Sakhaawi in al-Qawl al-Badee’ (133).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Jazakallah ukhti Binteshafi for the fatwa. I need some clarification on parts of it though, as I don't think I grasp it completely.

Wasalaamalaikum waa rahmatullahi