600 chinese workers convert to islam in saudi

hana*

from aljazeera:

Riyadh, September 27: Over 600 Chinese nationals working on the Haramain Rail project have embraced Islam in a recent ceremony in Makkah.They are workers of the Chinese Railway Company, which won the multibillion contract for implementing the 450km rail road linking the holy cities of Makkah and Madinah via Jeddah and Rabigh.

Dr. Abdul Aziz Al Khudhairi, undersecretary at the Makkah Governorate, said that this year’s celebration of the Kingdom’s National Day coincides with a number of auspicious and historic occasions.

These included launching of the prestigious international research university – King Abdullah University for Science & Technology (KAUST), celebration of Eid Al Fitr and a recent ceremony of Chinese workers pronouncing their Shahada.

Dr. Abdul Aziz, who witnessed the event, described it as a “direct response to critics of the government for contracting Chinese company.”

Among the converts, there are 70 workers who are engaged in the construction of Makkah monorail project, which links the holy city with the holy sites of Mina, Muzdalifa and Arafat.

“Their conversion took place 24 hours after getting books introducing Islam in Chinese language at their worksite at Arafat, which is outside the Haram area,” he said adding that the credit goes to the Office of the Call and Guidance for Expatriates in Makkah.

Efforts are underway to spread the message of Islam among some 5,000 Chinese nationals working on the Haramain train,” he said adding that the major problem for the Call and Guidance Office is the lack of enough books on Islam in Chinese language.

It is noteworthy that the first phase of Haramain Rail consisting of 70km has well been started a few months ago. This represents expropriation of land, filling works, construction of bridges and tracks. The project is expected to be operational in 2012.-Agencies

krackpot

slave warrior caged
mashallah
this is a truly amazing news......but i thought non-muslims were not allowed in mecca and medina in any circumstances....i've read three things ie: kafir kalb and crows will never enter the holy cities...pls enlighten me

DanyalSAC

mashallah
this is a truly amazing news......but i thought non-muslims were not allowed in mecca and medina in any circumstances....i've read three things ie: kafir kalb and crows will never enter the holy cities...pls enlighten me

Yeah I had the same question when I saw the thread several months ago. Same story, different dates, slightly different number (660 in the old news report which supposedly took place on Sept 10, as opposed to the 600 on this one 17 days later).

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60814&highlight=Chinese

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Yeah I had the same question when I saw the thread several months ago. Same story, different dates, slightly different number (660 in the old news report which supposedly took place on Sept 10, as opposed to the 600 on this one 17 days later).

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60814&highlight=Chinese

:salam2:

hmmm.....I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE NO MORE....:shymuslima1:
Allah knows best though, dont care however numbers for Allah with His [SWT] mercy guids whom He [SWT] pleases to guide walhamdullilah:D:D:D:D

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

This issue is at a debate amongst scholars and it is one of the dense issues to read into because it *does* get very technical in definition and interpretation...

The Hanbalis and The Malikis are of the view forbidding the entrance of non-Muslims into Makkah *completely*

While The Hanafis and The Shafe'ees are of the view permitting their entrance based on *specific* conditions..such as...they must be granted permission to enter (i.e. by the government)..they are amongst the non-Muslims holding *treaties* with the Muslims...their presence in Makkah is *due to a need*...and they MUST NOT enter the Makkan sanctuary inclusive of the hajj and 'Umrah places..the Ka'aba itself..and all the prayer areas *no matter what!* (this last bit is specific to The Shafe'ees..The Hanafis are of the view allowing them to enter so long the permission granted to them extends to sanctuary as well)

There are scholars who state that in addition to any conditions placed...allowance of entry is conditional in relation to *the religion* of the non-Muslim entering Makkah..in that Christians and Jews are allowed to enter..while people of the Buddhist..Hindu..etc. religions are not allowed because they are not from *The People of The Book*

Of course each scholar has his evidence from The Qura'an and The Sunnah validating his verdict..but the issue is truly dense like I mentioned and requires much research and unfortunately..detailed materials on this topic are lacking in the English language..the best information I could find are in Arabic..I will include a link in English for the sake of reference however..though it touches onto the madh'hab differences rather vaguely..but I do not wish to be counted amongst those who speak from *personal perspective* so I will provide it regardless...

Here's the part regarding the madh'hab specifics...

"It says in al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (3/130, 131):

The majority of scholars – including Muhammad ibn al-Hasan among the Hanafis – are of the view that it is not permissible for kuffaar to enter the sanctuary of Makkah at all, The view of the Hanafis is that that is permissible if there is a treaty or they have permission."

And below is the link with the entire fatwa...

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/47736

:wasalam:

hana*

yes there was criticism as to why non-muslims were allowed in the sacred areas, but I guess Allah wanted their 'hidayah' and Allah knows best