Channel 4 Airing Islamaphobia

stranger786

Dream of His Slavery
CHANNEL 4 AIRING ISLAMOPHOBIA
IMPORTANT! TAKE ACTION. CHANNEL 4 AIRING ISLAMOPHOBIA

Dear people…. Please do not ignore this message. It seems that Channel 4 is pursuing an agenda to expose Islam as a wild and intolerant faith. Their dispatches programme has been filming undercover for 12 months using covert filming in mosques and buying cds and dvds for sale in Islamic bookshops. They have identified the Wahaabi/ Salaafi/ Ahl e Hadith strain of Islam to be the greatest threat to liberal democracy and have created an outrageous programme to be aired on Monday 15th January at 9pm.
They will use out of context remarks taken from the Qur’an and lecturers to show the country why Islam is a cruel and wicked faith. They will do this by concentrating on non contextual remarks made during speeches made by Islamic scholars.
They will comment on Islam’s views on homosexuality and show its adherents to be homophobic and misogynistic. They will also (surprise surprise) make allegations of anti-Semitism against Muslims and show how we use verses in the Qur’an to attack and belittle adherents of Judaism and Christianity.
This is a blatant lie and anyone who knows anything about the faith will be able to laugh these suggestions off. After all, we have heard them many times before. However, the wider audience will take these comments as an expose of Islam.
The remarks in the Qur’an which the programme will seek to highlight were aimed at particular people and as a general guide on how to live our lives. However, the programme will take quotes about particular people and imply that the speakers are talking about entire races and creeds (Jews & Christians). They will condemn Islam’s stance on Homosexuality while ignoring the fact that the Bible and Torah also call for the similar punishments for practising homosexuals as the Qur’an does… Hardly fair and unbiased eh?
They will also accuse us of anti-Semitism by highlighting quotes form the Qur’an foretelling the downfall of the Jews and their tendencies or behaviour towards Gods Prophets, Moses, Jesus etc…. They WILL NOT mention that in the Torah, the Jewish Prophets Micah, Hosea, Moses and Jesus all cursed Israel as a desolate nation and talked of Jerusalem ending up in a deserved heap of ruins or ashes. If Jewish scholars or Christians quote from these passages, are they labelled anti-Semitic? No of course not. But they will seek to label the Muslim scholars as such. Proportionality in the media seems to have left the building when it comes to Al Islam!!
The programme makers have been making these programmes for over 12 months and only contacted those organisations and persons who they have been investigating a few days ago to ask for a response. They have stated that will not release any info about the investigation but have asked for a response to these wild allegations which they have promised to edit in any manner they see fit before deciding whether to include the responses! Hmm……
There is no doubt that there is a larger agenda behind this programme and it is sad to say but it appears that several Muslim groups in the UK opposed to the Wahaabi/Salaafi methodology have actively assisted the programme makers in making this documentary. If this is true, then it is the saddest part of this whole debacle.
Please take 5 minutes to read and action the e mail below. There is an email address to contact dispatches on… I know you guys regularly get such requests but this matter is vitally important and needs action. Hundreds of people have already written in and do not worry, this form of lobbying is not the only action being considered and pursued.
I am glad to say that many different people from different backgrounds and schools of ideology have agreed to converge to attack this sensationalist piece of Islamaphobic journalism. Please join them and us in fighting this fight. Every little bit of support helps and I have seen many brothers who have given up their own time and money to assist in the battle for truth, justice and fairplay in the media.
And remember… “the path of least resistance is the path of the lost one”

URGENT ALERT: CONTACT CHANNEL 4 TO PROTEST AGAINST
ISLAMAPHOBIC PROGRAMME

Background:

On the 15th January Channel 4 Dispatches will be broadcasting a programme about the influence of Saudi Arabia on the spread of terrorist activities.

While there maybe differences of opinion amongst the Muslim community on certain issues it is unacceptable for Channel 4 to capitalise on those differences in order to attack basic Islamic principles. Among other things the programme discusses issues such as homosexuality, and whether or not Muslims should join the British Army or the police. This programme is coming after more then a year of sustained Islamaphobic attacks both on TV and in the media attacking groups such as Tableeghi Jamaat, Hizb-ut-Tahrir and Ikhwaan-ul-Muslimeen.

The time has come for us to say enough is enough. We must unite in order to defend ourselves from this onslaught, any debate regarding Islam, should be had by the Muslim community and not by those who seek to divide the Muslims and pit one group of Muslims against the other.

REQUESTED ACTION:

Contact Channel 4 and urge them to not show the programme.

E-mail Address: [email protected]

Call: Viewer Enquiries: 0845 076 0191

Write to: Channel 4 Enquiries
PO Box 1058
Belfast
BT1 9DU

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalamu Alaykum
We can do the same with the Bible or the Torah, but the fact that we don't disproves everything that they say about us. The mere fact that they abuse us the way they do proves that they are the exact monster which they claim us to be.

True Muslims will know the Kuffar's ways, and so will those whom Allah (Glorified is He and Most High) wills to show to Islam.

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams

I am fast going off Channel 4. I saw an advert tonight for this programme and they have taken some quotes made by goodness-knows-who ( channel 4 could have made them up for all we really know) and plastered them over the screen.....and said that 'Radical Islam' is a threat to Western England......

There is also an advert on at the moment for another of their programmes a drama called 'Skins' which features a young muslim boy called Anwar I think - in the advert he is in a bar and the waitress who is wearing a very low cut top says to him "men are supposed to respect women's bodies, Muslim boy" with a sneer on her face. She uses the word 'muslim' like its a dirty word. And he resonds by griining and leering "Im respectin' Im respectin" while staring at her chest. Its disgusting. How dare they use this? How dare they imply muslim men don't respect women's bodies??!? Do they know anything about why we wear hijaab (men and women) being modest, emphasis on marriage, LOWER YOUR GAZE or how the woman has a position of respect in Islam, how valued her honour is??? FAR MORE than any Western society - how ironic that a woman working in a bar, wearing a low cut top, thinks she has more respect than a muslim woman gets.........I know its only a fictional drama so shouldnm't get too worked up but the message these 'dramas's send out - its constant damage to Islam and to muslims. Free speech?? how come Umran Javed gets convicted but Nick Griffin (BNP) gets off?? AHHHHHHHHH.

As for this Dispatches programme I will be watching IF they show it cos I cant afford to miss the lies they will spread - preparation and knowledge is the best form of defence to this - OUR DEEN.

I will be emailing Channel 4 regarding this and I press any other muslims and non-muslims who disagree too, to do the same insha'allah. Stop this propaganda.

Salaams

( Im going to go and calm down now, lol....)

MubarekMuslimah

p.s. - you can also complain to Ofcom, the governing body for media who deal with official complaints concerning tv and radio- put some hot water on Channel 4 - may Allah swt grant us sabr in these times, ameen.

www.ofcom.org.uk

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalamu Alaykum
I wouldn't suggest emailing them, but to just ignore it completely. If we get worked up, a shaytaan has done his/her job (remember that shaytaan can be human or jinn).

Emailing them may result in 2 things:

1) You getting angry and thus giving them "proof" that Islam is violent to non-believers

2) Them twisting what you said, taking it out context, OR them saying "we've recieved numerous emails from violent Muslims"

Either way, they're going to say "Free Speech!" and still show it.

Well, if anyone says "Free Speech!" and shows a video on the Holocaust, featuring a segment on "How-to kill Jews" and laughing at the Holocaust, peeing on a plastered on grave of a Jewish person. That would be VERY cruel and heartless, and that person would be taken off the air.

You get my drift?

Anti-Semitism + Laughing at the Holocaust = Jail

Islamaphobia + Defecating on a Qur'an + Wrapping a man's head in ducktape because he recited the Qur'an
(this actually happened in the Guatanamo Bay Prison, yet the Bush admin. is doing nothing about it)= Free Speech (thus making this legal)

Kuffar countries are seriously twisted up. The Holocaust IS more deadly than defecating on a Qur'an, but Islamaphobia, if allowed to continue ("Free Speech"), will turn out to be just as deadly.

Don't believe me? Well, if you study the Holocaust, you will know that the words Hitler used to lie about the Jews are the same words used against Muslims now, except you just replace "the Jew" with "the Muslim". The only difference is that we just aren't being blamed for the Great Depression/economic faults!

Someone on the internet even suggested that Western Countries do to Muslims the same the Third Reich did to Jews!

Don't get worked out about it. Ignore it for Allah's (Glorified is He and High) sake.

Daud McGuire

Say he is one
salam

allhumdulli allah

let them show it, its all god willed. Those who seak the truth will want the other side to the story, those fed lies are misguided because its willed.

Now brothers and sisters, if they went out to find out about things about islam and twisted them, then find out about who owns channel 4. Who governs it. Who creates the articles and stories. and create a programme designated to the build up and reason that channel 4 has screaned this biased prejudiced and out of context programme. Then make a DVD for those who want the real side of the story. No lies. No twisted quotes. But plain facts of Channel 4's order. Inshallah someone will do it. Im lazy, lol

MubarekMuslimah

Its called 'Dispatches: Undercover in the Mosque' and its due to be showed Monday 15th Jan on Channel Four at either 8 or 9 pm (can't remember which)

Dispatches is the series - its like an investigative journalism documentary series on all sort of 'controversial' things. Its supposed to be bare facts and not biased...hmmmmm. They did one last year called 'Dispatches: Jihad at the Mosque' about women not being allowed into the mosque in some areas....

Daud McGuire

Say he is one
salam

iv seen the advert and it is biased. It uses quotes from khalid yasin on his dvd, and they cut words out to make it looki like he said women have no place in islam. Beleive me the adverts are outrageous

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

I had a journalist from ITN News (which do channel 4 news) email me. We had a few emails, but she never got back to me. She was looking out for sensationalist story, not the true view of what Islam really says. astaghfirullah.

wasalam.

albinsaid09

:salam2:

Well if the programme is shown, inshallah more and more people will want to know what islam is about. They will do some research and inshallah find that islam is the exact opposite of what the programme shows and that islam is a beautiful and true religion. MORE AND MORE PEOPLE WILL CONVERT TO ISLAM. This is hikmah or blessing in disguise just like what happen after SEPTEMBER 11. This is also a sign that judgement day is coming. So it is not that bad after all. No worries.....

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)
Dispatches Programme

I would just like to say:

MAY ALLAH'S (SWT) CURSE BE UPON THOSE TRY TO GIVE OUR BEAUTIFUL RELIGION A BAD NAME !!!

:wasalam:

“When they are told, ‘Do not cause corruption on the earth,’ they say, ‘We are only putting things right.’ No indeed! They are the corrupters, but they are not aware of it.”
[Holy Qur’an 02: 11-12]

“We have sent down the Book to you with the truth so that you can judge between people according to what Allah has shown to you. But do not be an advocate for the treacherous.”
[Holy Qur’an 04:105]

“They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; and the best of planners is Allah.”
[Holy Qur’an 08:30]

“We sent Our Messengers with clear signs and sent down with them the Book and the measure in order to establish justice among the people.”
[Holy Qur’an 57:25]

Paki Idol

Defender of Islam
Allah says that there are (evil)Nations which nobody can destroy except Himself.Take the the examples of the People of A'ad.I saw a picture displaying a native of Aad laying in his/her grave about 6-8 times taller than an average person.These days, Israel is acquiring chemical and Nanotechnological weapons.Although succesful in using chemical weapons against Palestinians in the worst manner it still despite so many funds and support is not currently able to produce such amazing Nanotechnological weapons for which they are working to produce.The Palestinians are a strong wall deterimined to lay their lives in way of Islam and Palestine.Instead, Self made weapons of Islamic resistance groups does scare the Israeli Army and Air force. Islamophobia is near it's height and now Muslims have recognised the so called "War against terrorism".Difficult to say, much worse happens there in Captured/minority Muslim areas.Our first and last resort is Islam.The war against Islam is based on lies and deceit and therefore Allah(InshAllah) will cause the truth of this war and Islam to be exposed in the long run.It is said that when falsehood spreads, it seems that it shall prevail over evrything but as it's root is weak it does not survive for long.Then Allah hurls truth against it which cut through it(falsehood) and in the end, the truth is victorious because it's root is strong.The same is going to happen now.9/11 and 7/7 re just an excuse.I suggest that you make your faith strong.Be steadfast as this life is temporary and all will be left behind.It is said that Money and Children are a test from Allah.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Its on now, and it is full of Lies !

They put everything out of context...... :astag:

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Grrr ... I don't know what they're saying but still: Grrr! How I dislike those who's hearts are diseased and spew this rubbish!

I'm guessing that whoever is in charge of Ch4 is either with the Bush/Blair party/agenda somehow or a Jew! Why do they hate us so much? Because we practice their religion better then they do, perhaps? ;D hehe

Oh right, they reject the messiah and the unlettered prophet ... I remember my Old Testament now. Sigh

Oh well. This sort of stuff has to happen; it has been foretold. InshaAllah, like the brother said, hopefully God will take the evil of this and turn it into good somehow - perhaps with more revertions! ;D

I never did like Ch4 when I was living in Wales ... always seemed kinda cheap. ;-)

edit: Let's have some of it, Mabsoot; I want to hear what charges they're bringing against us. Anything new? How can we intelligently counter them, or because it has been done with video/audio/editing is it impossible to refute?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Asalamu alaykum,

Nope it is not impossible to refute lol, just it is vast and a lot of silly points to address, i.e. that Muslims are taught to beat women and children, that children are raised to fight Jihad, etc.........

There is no explanation or context provided.... Its like I say that I get up in the morning to wash my hands, and then someone makes a documentary to say that I woke up to wash my hands because I killed someone.

Anyway, I will post about it tomorrow inshaAllah.

They Said Abu Usama Khalifa is extremist.. lool thats just funny! (because it is far from the truth)

wasalam

Daud McGuire

Say he is one
Asalam Alaikum. Good tidings be upon u all

May Allah by his Mercy help us fight these devils. Long live Mujahideen! Allahu Akbar!

may allah help us fight the devil. Not may allah help us fight these devils. They are our blind brothers and sisters aki. Be caefull with ur wording. It could be used against u one day.

Hannah123

One Truth
Salaam,
I have two different thoughts about this program being shown....1) It makes me angry for the lies they tell, especially for the people who have never even heard about Islam and this will be the first way they hear about it...2) I live in america and 9/11 has brought so many to Islam soooo lies being told will Insha'Allah bring truth and light to those who Allah (swt) chooses to guide. Nothing happens in this world without it being Allahs (swt) will. And sometimes we don't see the reasons of how things are good, but Allah knows best. Allahu Akbar.
Hannah

basheerpkm

trying to be Mu'min
Assalam,

We can extend thanks to these peoples: SMILY231... Why not??!!!
These type shows will help free thinking friend's attention to Islam & it may guide TTI.

Wassalam