non-muslim and Mosque

dcsliva_27

I was wandering if a non-muslim can go to a mosque to check it out and meet other muslims? The reason why I ask this is because I wanted to go check out a mosque and meet other muslims there but I don't want to offend anybody. And what are the rules when entering a mosque?

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Dan,

For sure you can go to a mosque and noone will be offended.
On the contrary, you will be accepted and will have the assistance of the imam and the muslims in there for sure.
So don't hesitate at all.

Take care.

allahsservant

beautifl muslimah
of course

:ma: of course you can go and enter a mosque. just be sure that if you are female that you wear some type of headscarf and some modest(no tight or revealing) clothing. an imam should give you a hijab.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Hello. :)

it would be fine if you went to a mosque. I'm sure you would be accepted. Anything you might need to know, would Probably be told to you once you arrive at the mosque itself, the only thing I can think of is that you take off your shoes in the Prayer area :D lol... but that should become self-evident once you get there, Inshallah- God Willing.

All the best.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
:ma: of course you can go and enter a mosque. just be sure that if you are female that you wear some type of headscarf and some modest(no tight or revealing) clothing. an imam should give you a hijab.
He's Christian. And you can go to a mosque and just ask the imam or if not the imam, try asking a person (A guy) who looks modest cause they could help you and make sure he speaks english (You might be able to tell by his appearance).

yasmin623

Is there any reliable hadith or fatwa claimed that a non-islamic woman has to wear a hijab to enter a mosque? I brought some non-muslim ladies to a mosque before but they are welcomed even without the hijab...:muslim_child:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum, Allah knows best,

I guess it is better they do wear that in respect of the Muslims in the Mosque, as there might be people (Men) praying etc.

But, as they are not Muslims obviously these rulings can not apply to them. Best ask a scholar .

wasalam.

arabiantxn

mosque is that house of allah you are more that welcome to visit their when ever you feel like just introduce your self and tell them that you would like to hang around i am sure no one will have any problems with that the only rules that i can think of is be modestly dressed.

yasmin623

I do agree that a woman (even non-muslim) should be in hijab while entering a mosque. Anyway, probably there is a long way to go to achieve this...

That day I visited Kobe with my frens. When it was time for Zohor prayer, it rained very heavily. I kept on doa to Allah to give me a place for prayer. Allah answered my prayer so fast...Within minutes, one of my frens lead us to the Kobe Moslim Mosque. I asked them to wait for me for 10 minutes and I wanna pray...At that time, rain was even heavier... So i invited them to get into the mosque with me. They were hessitate initially but because of the heavy rain, they finally followed me. They were so nervous in the mosque that they didn`t even dare to move around until I finished prayer. Some of them were not so comfortable see me praying...I guess none of them see a muslim pray before.

With my hijab and my commitment for prayer wherever I go, I could feel a gap in between me and my non-muslim frens. I tried hard to make them understand islam better. Anyway, it is never easy...sometimes feeling helpless also...May Allah give me strength...:tti_sister: