My Little Bird

Yateer

Sab'a Sita Ethnain
Asalamu 'Alaykuum,

This is my backward sequel to "Bird of Passage", and the little bird represents Iman. Please analyse this poem and see what you can come up with, and post your findings below:

"My Little Bird"
By MuslimBrother92

My beautiful bird, come back to me,
You were the one that pleased me and made me happy.
I miss the whistle you whistled in the morning,
When the rain was heavy, and continuously pouring.

Today was the day you flew away,
Leaving me sad, and leaving me gray.
Why did you go without saying goodbye?
I needed you always, by my side.

I sit here today wondering where to go,
As my burdens come crashing like a river flow.
The pressure of life is at my door,
Come back my bird, and bring me ashore.

Remember the time when you flew to my window,
I didn’t want you near me, I told you to go.
But then your chirping came into my heart,
Like a blessed bow shooting a blessed dart.

When I was feeling down I’d refer back to you,
Then you’ll take me out of the dark, and stop me feeling blue.
The way you whistled captured my heart,
And you took it with your wings and flew very far.

Today my life is a mosaic of pieces,
Without you my birdie, I’ll be sad for ages.
Your bright coloured feathers covered up my burdens,
As if you covered them with a golden set of curtains.

I go through my life without you with me,
Through the dreaded days, I’ll be forever lonely.
I wish you knew how much you meant to me,
When you whistled your last, I ceased to see.

I ceased to see the beauty around me,
Life was dreadful and ever so cagey.
I was down because people were unfriendly,
But when you flew away you made me sad and angry.

I’ll miss the whistling that woke me up,
From a deep slumber, I’d see you showup.
Through my window and into my heart you’d fly,
You’d light up my day like a glowing firefly.

My little bird, I wish you can hear me,
As my heart is dropped from your wings it starts to bleed.
Please come back and brighten my day,
With your colourful feathers, you’ll make me okay.

nyhenna

=) To me it would represent my Imaan--my undying faith in Allah. That shaytaan chips away some rare times, then, it feels like that beautiful companion bird that just disappeared, leaving me so incredibly empty and desolate.

Amazing poetry as always, SubhaanAllah.

Yateer

Sab'a Sita Ethnain
Asalamu 'Alaykuum,

Jazak Allahu Kheir for the comment. And I must say, great poetry analysis mashallah. Anybody else have the same analysis or a different one?

Wasalam 'Alaykuum.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

assalamu allaicum

MashAllah, it very beautiful poem dear brother with a strong message and pure feelings. Mashallah you express very nice ones eman (faith in Allah) brother trough your poem,as it is saying that only our clean and strong eman can make us happy,but if happends that sometimes it leave us we are again looking for it. And you use good methaphora,because bird can present ones eman,as she can come but she also can leave us.

These are my favorites parts.:hijabi:

Today was the day you flew away,
Leaving me sad, and leaving me gray.
Why did you go without saying goodbye?
I needed you always, by my side.

Remember the time when you flew to my window,
I didn’t want you near me, I told you to go.
But then your chirping came into my heart,
Like a blessed bow shooting a blessed dart.

May Allah reword you brother for your good work!!! ameen

:wasalam:

Yateer

Sab'a Sita Ethnain
Asalamu 'Alaykuum,

Jazak Allahu Kheir for the comments. Walahi I appreciate it. And once again, some great analysis mashallah, lets see some more!!!

Wasalam 'Alaykuum.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:
that was very beautifully said.the bird and imaan metaphor was great.the feelings of lonliness are exact.true and very nice:ma:keep it up:hijabi:
:wasalam:

nyhenna

The bird in the poem can also represent the beautiful Qur'aan.

But now I am seeing it in a new light. The bird can be the 5 prayers--our salaah.:salah:
Look how it comes to call at different times of the day--5 times a day. And the whistling of the bird can be the azan. And salaah is a solace, but to those who choose to accept it.
So before when the narrator ignored the bird or didn't respond to it, maybe he/she was ignoring the call to prayer, and just watching, not participating.
Then Allah give the person Hadiath, (guidance), and the person became of those who always prayed.
And I see the end in a sad light--like if the person is paralyzed, and can no longer physically pray. Although he/she has the imaan now, they are still unhappy because he/she came to love the bird--physically praying salaat.

The beauty in having Imaan and praying with it...is just incomparable to having imaan alone (all the way in the end of the poem), or having the call to prayer and salaat with no participation.

Alhumdulillah. My prayers out to us all, May Allah keep His blessings in our life, and allow us to worship Him in the best ways.
God forbid we become paralyzed, and our sincerest wish would be to pray to Allah, to watch the droplets of wudu water fall from our arms, but we cannot move, and are stuck always--physically and mentally--regretting all the times we could have physcially gotten up to pray but our heart didn't. And we actually could have, not knowing the future which we took for granted.
But we didn't. And now our body can't even lift the finger of shahdah, though our heart desires to do so, most in the world.

Alhumdulillah. Allah help us!!!

Deen_e_Mohammad

All praise for Allah Alone........

I wont give this poetry any Islamic Point of View.......all i would say its a beautiful poem describing pain and sorrow of human feelings.

~Naz~

Allahu Akbar

I sit here today wondering where to go,
As my burdens come crashing like a river flow.
The pressure of life is at my door,
Come back my bird, and bring me ashore.

A beautiful piece of poetry with much depth Mashallah! But i chose the above stanza as a favourite from the rest. So profound Mashallah.

My guess is Iman too. A true mu'min(ah) is like a bird... sometimes they have hope knowing and feeling they will go to Jannah Inshallah and yet other days have so much fear that they dont know what will become of them.

Iman comes and goes... sometimes we forget to have faith in Allah especially when we are at our worst moments as you mentioned in your poem "...rain was heavy and continuously pouring". But then we have family and hopefully good friends to remind us to keep our faith for Allah is as close as 'sujud' Sub7anallah! And this is when "....the bird flies back to you."

One feels so much bliss when in the state of Iman and utmost faith. There is a feeling you just cannot describe. And then the shaytan RUDELY whispers in your ears and you begin to fight with him and your nafs... and if he wins (even for a little while) your "...bird has flown." But when you fight harder and you pray to Allah to help you, your Iman is restored at times even stronger "...your bird flies back to you.' This is a continous never ending everyday battle. The battle is tougher on some days than others... making you sad and angry as you try and fight it. Shaytan is usually just a step ahead of you always especially in your moment of weakness. But when you fight hard enough, you realise Allah is always there to restore 'your bird' back in your heart.

May Allah always instill Iman in our hearts, guide us to the right path and give us the strength to fight Shaytan always. Amin!

PeArLL

-Quiet Member-
Nice!!! MashAllah... My little bird helps me whenever I feel something is not right..Alhumdulillah... I will always keep my little bird safe in my heart instead of the cage.. InshAllah...