With Pseudo Scholars Like These…

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyHijabi

Brother abubaseer,

Could you please edit your post and add paragraph gaps? When I see a wall of text like this I can't read it. If you can do this brother I would appreciate it, thank you brother.

It is not right to call a scholar a pseudo-scholar no matter how wrong you think he is. All Islamic scholars deserve respect. Our good ancestors disagreed with each other, sometimes very strongly, but they never called each other names.

Whenever you hear or read a fatwa, it is your obligation to scrutinize it. Its author is human and can make mistakes. If the fatwa uses flawed logic, inconclusive evidence or does not conform to the rules of Usool-ul-Fiqh, you are under no obligation to follow it, but if it does you cannot refuse it just because you personally don't like it.

well sorry to say but if he was doing it soley because his *masters* told him to rather than because of his findings on Islam than i would actually spit on his face....... :angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred:

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

This article and many news covering it are not correct.

Tantawi made a clarification recently.

What happened was that Tantawi entered a girls school, in a girl's only class. There was a girl who wore niqab in that class, even when no men were present. So the Shaykh was not happy at such extremism.

The Shaykh himself is an old man, so, its not like he wanted to see this girl, or something. He wanted things to be "easier" for her.

From this story it all snowballed into something else.

wallahu a'lam

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Status
Not open for further replies.