IAM VRY DIPRESSED

AISHA14

allah is my lord
:salam2:
IAM VERY DIPRESSED VERY..... I HAVE NOTHING TO DO NOTHING ......I HAD GOT AN AMAZING OFFER OF JOINIG ISLIMIC COLLEGE oF DR BILLAL PHILLIPS .BUT MY FATHER REJECTED IT COZ HE IS LEAVING TO SAUDI IN FEW DAYS AND IF I GO TO A HOSTELL AND STUDY THERE ..............MY FATHER SAID NO ONE WILL TAKE CARE OF MY MOTHER HERE ,ALTHOUGH MY 2 SISTERS SAID THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF HER BUT STILL MY FATHER ISNT ALLOWING ...MAY BE IAM A GREAT SINNER THATS WHY ALLAH ISNT HELPING ME IN MY PURPOSE ....iam a great sinner .iam a great sinner .iam great sinner.......................... it was my dream to study islam my dream but nothing is left now nothing ..... i just have to shed tears only crying .iam sitting near this computer end crying from hours inside a locked room ,i feel like dieing.....

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh,

A lot of people have some serious problems in their lives and they would not say the things that you have written.

If you want to study Islaam and are sincere, then you will always find a way to do that. You do not have to go to some college.

Do your best, learn the Qur'aan, buy authentic books such as Tafsier Ibn Kathir, to study with. Other books, to do with Aqeedah, Hadith and Fiqh.

It says you are from India, so you should know there were many great scholars of Ahlus Sunnah from there, http://www.asliahlesunnet.com/ Look on this site for good authentic audio and books .

MAY BE IAM A GREAT SINNER THATS WHY ALLAH ISNT HELPING ME IN MY PURPOSE ....iam a great sinner .iam a great sinner .iam great sinner.......................... it was my dream to study islam my dream but nothing is left now nothing ..... i just have to shed tears only crying .iam sitting near this computer end crying from hours inside a locked room ,i feel like dieing.....
I am suprised that you wrote this. If you do not have hope, and you have no patience in Allaah's wisdom, then of course you will feel like this.

Listen to the Qur'aan, download lots nice Quran mp3 and listen all the time. Read the stories of the Prophets and the people of the past.. how they had patience and suffered but always they put their trust in Allaah for the best.

You feel like dying, just over this...... and just 40 miles away from me, in Jerusalem, and the West Bank in Palestine, people have their entire homes destroyed by the Jews, they are shot and killed. People lose their mothers, their children.. and still they would never say they "feel like dying", nor do they say that Allaah is not helping them.

Be constructive, find solution. Do not lose hope. You will not achieve anything by doinng what you are doing now, which is wallowing in self-pity.

AISHA14

allah is my lord
:wasalam:

A lot of people have some serious problems in their lives and they would not say the things that you have written.

If you want to study Islaam and are sincere, then you will always find a way to do that. You do not have to go to some college.

Do your best, learn the Qur'aan, buy authentic books such as Tafsier Ibn Kathir, to study with. Other books, to do with Aqeedah, Hadith and Fiqh.

It says you are from India, so you should know there were many great scholars of Ahlus Sunnah from there, http://www.asliahlesunnet.com/ Look on this site for good authentic audio and books .

I am suprised that you wrote this. If you do not have hope, and you have no patience in Allaah's wisdom, then of course you will feel like this.

Listen to the Qur'aan, download lots nice Quran mp3 and listen all the time. Read the stories of the Prophets and the people of the past.. how they had patience and suffered but always they put their trust in Allaah for the best.

You feel like dying, just over this...... and just 40 miles away from me, in Jerusalem, and the West Bank in Palestine, people have their entire homes destroyed by the Jews, they are shot and killed. People lose their mothers, their children.. and still they would never say they "feel like dying", nor do they say that Allaah is not helping them.

Be constructive, find solution. Do not lose hope. You will not achieve anything by doinng what you are doing now, which is wallowing in self-pity.

yes brother you are right but here at home there is no one with whom i can share my agony with ....thanks brother soo much for helping me out for making me realize the thanks very much may allah bless you ameen
:ma:

hassana elkoussi

IAM VERY DIPRESSED VERY..... I HAVE NOTHING TO DO NOTHING ......I HAD GOT AN AMAZING OFFER OF JOINIG ISLIMIC COLLEGE oF DR BILLAL PHILLIPS .BUT MY FATHER REJECTED IT COZ HE IS LEAVING TO SAUDI IN FEW DAYS AND IF I GO TO A HOSTELL AND STUDY THERE ..............MY FATHER SAID NO ONE WILL TAKE CARE OF MY MOTHER HERE ,ALTHOUGH MY 2 SISTERS SAID THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF HER BUT STILL MY FATHER ISNT ALLOWING ...MAY BE IAM A GREAT SINNER THATS WHY ALLAH ISNT HELPING ME IN MY PURPOSE ....iam a great sinner .iam a great sinner .iam great sinner.......................... it was my dream to study islam my dream but nothing is left now nothing ..... i just have to shed tears only crying .iam sitting near this computer end crying from hours inside a locked room ,i feel like dieing.....

As-salamu alaikom dear sis Aisha,

Come on, sis, you should be stronger to be able to face tests. You know our life is nothing but a series of tests and this is definitely ONE. Now let me remind you of a hadith that will help you out here. There was a yuong man who wanted to fight for the cause of Allah SWT( jihad ), but his parents were old people and needed him around. He went to the Prophet (PBUH) and told him he had old parents whom he had left behind crying. The Prophet (PBUH) ordered him to go back to them and said," Do jihad in them"i.e., staying with them and taking care of them will be considered jihad for the cause of Allah SWT. And you know quite well that mujahideen get the highest rewards inshaAllah. So isn't that our highest aspiration: to get rewards and please Allah SWT? Besides, don't you think you owe your Mom a lot?? Now is the time to repay your debts to her, though you won't be able to do that, no matter how much you try. As for joining this college, you can do that later, or you can join it online from the comfort of your home. Just click here www.islamiconlineuniversity.com This is run by Dr Bilal Philips and you can choose the courses you need and all for free. Later, when your Mom gets better isA, yo can do whatever you want. Now listen, life is not that easy, don't panic before the first test that you meet, there are loads of harsher tests than this one and Islam is built on patience, not on locking yourself up in a room and shedding tears. Be strong, sis, and try to be supportive to your Mom in her time of need and don't forget to do it with a smile on your face.:hijabi:This is a priority now. May Allah make things easy for you.:tti_sister: Ameen

AyeshaL

Salaam,

I came across an online dawah training course that Bilal Phillips is involved with - http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/opencampus/user/view.php?id=9542&course=4 - perhaps you can be involved from a distance through this course?

Remember, everything happens for a reason and this is a part of your personal test. We have to have faith that Allah knows what is best for us - maybe it is best for you to go another time? maybe you do need to be at home for a reason you cannot know yet? Remember in times where things are going well we should be grateful and in times were things are going badly we should be patient for them to improve and grateful for the things we still have.

I think also the term 'depression' or 'depressed' shouldnt be used too freely. Its a serious condition with serious consequences. If you really are depressed it wont be enough for people to say things such as 'some people are homeless etc' as you can't relate to it. Being depressed isn't a choice but the only answer I've ever come across is to read the Qur'an and to exercise. There is a bigger picture we are not aware of and if you focus on that, try and find short, mid-term and long-term goals for yourself then it will help your mindset shift to being more positive inshaAllah.

I hope this has helped inshaAllah.

Wasalaam Ayesha

BetAmakeR

Love Allah

i have different perspective here. i can see your intention to go study in Islam is very noble one indeed. i see nothing wrong with it and u say your father not allow u because your mother sick but didn't u make yourself clear that your sister will take care of her. Just because your father say NO now doesn't mean he will say NO forever. Come ON sis, make some struggle here, i mean REAL REAL struggle, tell your father very clear that u REALLY REALLY want to pursue study(of course don't do something against islam). Do some for example call,SMS everyday, use relative as mediator....just dont stop there. As always islam emphasize make effort first,then leave the rest to ALLAH to decide.

JUST DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

AISHA14

allah is my lord

i have different perspective here. i can see your intention to go study in Islam is very noble one indeed. i see nothing wrong with it and u say your father not allow u because your mother sick but didn't u make yourself clear that your sister will take care of her. Just because your father say NO now doesn't mean he will say NO forever. Come ON sis, make some struggle here, i mean REAL REAL struggle, tell your father very clear that u REALLY REALLY want to pursue study(of course don't do something against islam). Do some for example call,SMS everyday, use relative as mediator....just dont stop there. As always islam emphasize make effort first,then leave the rest to ALLAH to decide.

JUST DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

yes brother i did try for this very hard .the most importanr thing is that iam very scard because of this generation which leading good to astray iam scard what if i go astray thats why i want a firm base which can never be shaken for any cost ...the thing is that my sister in law she isnt that islamic she watches movies songs and she is very much into all that and my elder sister also supports her for all that stuffs ....its just me and my small sister shazia who try to be islamic now you tell me that how can i make my faith strong in this kinda situation .... but yes this might be a test for me ill surley try my level best in serving my parents inshallah ameen thanks bother

AISHA14

allah is my lord
aslamuailkum
thanks every body thanks very much for replying to my msg thanks for consoling me inshallah i will try my level best to work on yur inpirational words ameen
jazakallah

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
wow mashallah! such beautiful advices.

these are good not only for OP sister aisha but many many others too.!!

i m thinking u write down ur advices as points.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu Allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

My dear sister,you should not be so much sad wallahi,and if you feel the way you feel put your trust in Allah,and pray a loot.Inshallah Allah will make easy for you.You should talk with your father,and try to understand his reasons,and explain your wishes and why you wish to study on Islamic college.Or Inshallah talk with your mum and ask her that she make conversation with your father,so you can all togther make agreement. Maybe your mum will be able to convise your father,or some elders from your family.
But if it happens that your father still insist that you do not join on Islamic college,than you can choose to study something else which you love and which will be usefull for you.

May Allah help you sister.Ameen.:tti_sister:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
IAM VERY DIPRESSED VERY..... I HAVE NOTHING TO DO NOTHING ....i just have to shed tears only crying .iam sitting near this computer end crying from hours inside a locked room ,i feel like dieing.....

once upon a time there was another Aisha. she was one of the best woman of mankind. she had a sharp brain. she learned hundreds of hadith. religious ppl used to come to her from far places to study from her.

but she never attended the school/college.
she was very poor with little to eat and a small room. yet she never despaired of Allah's mercy.

i think you know of whom i m talking about!!

Hint: she was wife of the best of mankind.

m1511

Once a similar thing happened to a me. I wanted to go to another country for my education-not about religion actually so not for a purpose as holly as yours- but my family rejected. This quarrel lasted for about a year. Finally I prayed "Yaa Allah please let me go there or take this strong will away from my heart"- the second happened. Nobody knows what the consequence would be if I went there but I continued my education in my home land and I feel finely slikked in my occupation now. And when I think about the deterioration of my mothers health in years and the series of operations my father had, I think maybe this was one of the many reasons.
You have already gained a lot because you are on a good purpose either you achieve it or not and Allah will reward you I hope in one way. Hope you find another way of education on Islam.
Salaam.

AISHA14

allah is my lord

Assalamu Allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

My dear sister,you should not be so much sad wallahi,and if you feel the way you feel put your trust in Allah,and pray a loot.Inshallah Allah will make easy for you.You should talk with your father,and try to understand his reasons,and explain your wishes and why you wish to study on Islamic college.Or Inshallah talk with your mum and ask her that she make conversation with your father,so you can all togther make agreement. Maybe your mum will be able to convise your father,or some elders from your family.
But if it happens that your father still insist that you do not join on Islamic college,than you can choose to study something else which you love and which will be usefull for you.

May Allah help you sister.Ameen.:tti_sister:

well sister my mom is a patient of dipression she doesnt speak to my dad at all .. thats why my dad doesnt want me to go therer coz my mom may not like it thats all ... but i love allah may allah shoew me and the whole humanity the right path ameen
jazakallah for msgng me

AISHA14

allah is my lord
once upon a time there was another Aisha. she was one of the best woman of mankind. she had a sharp brain. she learned hundreds of hadith. religious ppl used to come to her from far places to study from her.

but she never attended the school/college.
she was very poor with little to eat and a small room. yet she never despaired of Allah's mercy.

i think you know of whom i m talking about!!

Hint: she was wife of the best of mankind.

ayesha (raa) right. i love her thanks for the soothing words

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum - I dont know what to say which hasnt really already been said, make dua I guess sometimes you might think something is good for you but in reality ya'know it aint all that - As the other brothers and sisters have mentioned learning islam in a college/university is not THE ONLY way sure it sounds kool and stuff but perhaps it is not the BEST way for YOU to gain islamic knowledge. These days you can learn alot via the internet and solid hardcore books - Alot of my knowledge from islam has been from this forum :D

Keep your chin up sister - dont look at those who have everything they want, look at those who have a little or nothing in comparison to you. There is great wisdom in everything that Allah subhanuwatala does :) so know that whatever happens it is best for you.

May Allah subhanuwatala grant you patience and the knowledge that you seek.ameen.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum sister
There is a beautiful school ,where I'm studying and it women's only .They offer classes online thru a pal talk ..The course I'm taking is called Taleem Al Quran .We studying Quran word by word ,with Tafseer and much more .They way they teach is very beautiful ...They offer corses in English and Urdu..And it cost almost nothing ,only 25$ a month ..
You can find more information here or PM me if you interested ,I will explain more
http://www.alhudainstitute.ca/

I believe they should have Ramadan class coming up ,you can attend it and see if you like it ,then you can continue inshaAllah

waaleikum salam