why do muslim men sit to pee

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
plz sumone tell me why because I cant explain it to this kaffir in my class thats degrades his MAN HOOD

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Okay so he defines his manhood based upon the way he urinates? (I am sorry for my bluntness..but this man's logic is so preposterous..I HAD to say something!)

This issue has nothing to do with manhood..

It has to do with *CLEANLINESS* and exposing *'AWRAH* (which for a man is considered anything from the belly-button down to the knees)

Urine is impure..it is dirty..it nullifies ablution..and even if a drop of it gets on our clothes..we need to change them..or wash them..otherwise we cannot pray in them..or perform acts of worship such as read Qura'an..also..exposing the 'awrah is considered a sin in Islam..and the way some urinate exposes their 'awrah...I do not need to go into much detail..but I am sure you know what I mean..

There's a hadith which I do not remember word for word but..Rasulullah passed by two graves once and he mentioned how the two men in these graves were being punished because one was a backbiter and the other did not clean or try to keep urine off him and urinated in a manner which exposed his 'awrah..

So you see the matter is grave..as it will cause punishment for a Muslim..mind you even though this specifies a "man"..it does apply for women as well..so this sort of goes out *for everybody*..we need to conceal ourselves from urine so we do not get dirty or expose ourselves..hopefully one of the brothers and sister not in a hurry as I am can explain better..and provide you with the exact wording of the hadith..I know on narration of it is in Sahih Bukhari..

Anyway..I hope you got a new perspective on the issue :)

:wasalam:

muslimah 2

:salam2:

I plugged in a couple words of the hadith into google..and thanfully I found a link regarding it from Islam Q & A..

It looks like it has some valuable information..check it out if you have the time :)

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/59934

:wasalam:

wow sister you are fast thanks for the info i just wrote what i had heard as i said i maybe wrong but thanks for that atleast now i know and so maybe we should teach our boys to sit and pee from a young age coz thats what im going to do from now on and i can explain why to them too

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
lol thats a funny topic to discuss, 1st of all sitting gives you more privacy, 2nd it doesn't splash urine all over you, when your standing up the urine splashes on your pants your cloths and everywhere sitting prevents that, and if you have urine thats disgusting 1st of all and 2nd u cant pray in those cloths cuz ur na pak and Allah (swt) doesn't accept prayer like that
thats a answer as a guy other than that my sister muslimah86 explained it all :)

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Is it permissible for a man to urinate standing up, knowing that nothing will get on his body or clothes?.

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with urinating standing up, especially when there is a need to do so, if the place is covered and no one will see the ‘awrah of the one who is urinating and no drops of urine will get on him, because it was narrated from Hudhayfah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went to the garden of some people and urinated standing up. (Saheeh, agreed upon). But it is better to urinate sitting down, because this is what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) usually did, and it is more effective in covering the ‘awrah and less likely to result in any drops of urine getting on him.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/14629/urine sitting down

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
shurkran

jazakallahu khair to all I looked on islamqa 1st but cudnt find it, evry ansr is well apreciated :hearts: