Is it a good idea to go and debate

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2: bro/sis
i have a simple question, i got emailed some websites through private messaging i was checking out some of them and one of them is a Atheist or Christian website for dialogues and stuff...
well there were lots of questions posted against Islam, like i coudn't understand many cuz the english was so complicated/confusing But people say so many bad things about Islam and although many will try to correct them they will never listen, and alot of times actions of some are justified as Islam.
LIke my question is SHould we even take part in such website and debate, mostly argue i wud say against those people cuz no matter waht you say they will say something agianst it and will say stuff that you have no idea if its true or not cuz in reality a person doesn't know EVERYTHING and they might even quote some stupid person's book or somethiing thats totally anti-islam without reason Like i feel like that weakens our own faith, i feel really depression and weird sometimes after that like should we actually go and talk to them or do dawaa to them althought knowing they will never accept or never listen/understand and will argue?
PS: i like doing debates on msn/other messengers since im able to reply on spot and question them on spot on what they said and do research on spot, but when ur in a forum its like they will argue and argue things which are not true and other people will start agreeing with them since they r already against Islam anywayz.
thx brother/sisters
:salam2:

A

Akhnukh Syaits

wa ('alaikumus) salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

I would suggest to antum to check on the reluctantmessengers.com and see all kinds of Bible, especially from the Essenes and the Ebionites. 2ndly, find Christ Conspiracy by Acharya S. and Forgery... by Joseph Wheeless.

Assalamu ('alaikum) wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
wa ('alaikumus) salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

I would suggest to antum to check on the reluctantmessengers.com and see all kinds of Bible, especially from the Essenes and the Ebionites. 2ndly, find Christ Conspiracy by Acharya S. and Forgery... by Joseph Wheeless.

Assalamu ('alaikum) wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Walaikum salam brother
just wondering is this a Atheist website? im confuse on what is the purpose of this website is
thank you

daywalker

no not really i just study Sheikh Ahmed Deedat and Zakir naik when i can
as you know dr. zakir used to study under teacher like sh.deedat and others, and then he started to debate. i would request you to study first under the scholar and then debate with soemone. just by getting knowledge isn´t enough for debate. hope you dont wanna waste your time just by debating, but you also wanna get some results and be steadfest on deen by your ownself too.

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allahwa barakato

:salam2:...... like i coudn't understand many cuz the english was so complicated/confusing ........ they will never listen, ......cuz no matter waht you say they will say something agianst it and will say stuff that you have no idea if its true or not cuz in reality a person doesn't know EVERYTHING............... i feel like that weakens our own faith, i feel really depression and weird sometimes after that.........althought knowing they will never accept or never listen/understand and will argue?
thx brother/sisters

I think you have the answer in your own question (just look at the highlighted phrases). I don't see any point in going into 'their territoty' to debate without having the apropiate knowledge and experience.

I am passionate with the comparative religion as yourself, and I've been very tempted to go to these websites and start refuting all what they say wrong about Islam, BUT I've learnt to do so JUST when they come to me and ask and show some interest and when they do it in good manners. Otherwise it can be quite 'depressing and frustrating' to hear all their nonsense. I know the feeling quite well.

You have also to bear in mind that as we are not(At least I'm not) 100% experts in the topic, we should be very carefull and wise.

May Allah guide us all.

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

MutlekM

I dont believe in any debating because it insults the other religion just correct them and if you cant ask Allah (swt) to guide them to the right way. I also encourage u to check out Yusef Estes which is where i get most of my info. I hope Allah will Guide everybody including muslims and non-muslims to the right way inshallah

BigAk

any other opinions on this matter bro/sis

Brother shaheerpak... I understand your frustration with this matter. I don't like to debate on the computer at all due to this reason. These guys bring up some of the craziest references and most of them are not even credible. They are merely designed to attack Islam, and these guys are not there with an open mind and no matter what you do you can't help them.. They have already made up their mind and even if you do a miracle in front of them, they will still come up with explanation to refute you. I perfer to debate face to face. This way I put the person on the spot and he can't go get help from crazy websites. Plus, he can't hide behind the computer and he can't ignore my statements.. When I debated a few times on the computer, I noticed that when I post something good and that makes sense, they totally ignore it and latch on to something that was posted by someone else that is controversial. Hence; my good post is totally ignored as if no one has read it. My point is; these guys have already made up their minds and you can bring down the Angels and they will not believe and change their minds :astag:

Plus; if there is anything that they post that you're not sure of, post it here and we can answer ..... There's no reason for this stuff to weaken your iman.

I would avoid computer debates if I were you... Do face to face ones. They are far better and more respectful.

May Allah reward your efforts my brother.. and if I can help you with anything please let me know...

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Salaam Alaikum
I would agree with BigAk because they ignore alot when you get a point...I would just add that u should say the verses of Allah to them "To you be your deen to me be mine" and ask Allah to guide them because you have done your job by conveying the massage and lets all remember that not ALL people will accept that which they are told for it's ONLY Allah that gives guidence. Allah calls these type of people the deaf, dumb and blind...So, dont put most of your time in those websites becasue as you said they will find ways to refute about Allah's religion and His true word(astaghfiruAllah). May Allah reward you for what your are doing and May He forgive you,me and our bothers and sisters. Ameen

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Hate sites are like hate radio: they feed on themselves. They are like echo chambers where participants agree with each other and thus keep their fears and hatred strong. My humble feeling is that we should try and point out where they are off so that at least they have a way to break the vicious cycle they find themselves in.

That said, many of these sites and radio personalities are demagogues with an evil agenda. Debating with them leads nowhere. In fact, they often aim at getting us angry enough to do something foolish that they can later on point to as evidence of how "violent", "closed minded" and "intolerant" Muslims are! Beware of those people.

:salam2: I agree with the sister here and Brother BigAK actually brother BigAK is the one that got me interested in Sheikh Ahmed Deedat and i guess after that i really feel like doing dawaa, i have debated many ppl online thou on msn like i dont mind that Yes its hard to corner them but you can atleast say stuff on spot and point it out to them while on forums you cant do anything ... And i wud totally agree with sister aymen that they r really close minded and debating alot of times doesn't lead you anywhere but ALhumdulilah i have talked to some Atheist and they got interested in reading the Quran ...
About face to face discussion brother BigAk i think i need to memorize more of Quran to do that see online i have software and things saved with me i pull up stuff in seconds in a one on one debate you seem more confident if you know stuff ... i have only done that one with some missionary group but seriously if they find out your phone # or house address they literally sabbotage ur phone and home its so annoying im a univ student i like to talk but i dont have time 24/7 im very busy so thats im saving the one on one debate till i have more time
thank you my wondering brother and sisters you guyz are a truly helpful family
I guess i shud be just happy to get the message of truth out there
Allah does not change a people's lot unless they change what is in their hearts (Quran 13:11)

Rashadi

:salam2: bro/sis
i have a simple question, i got emailed some websites through private messaging i was checking out some of them and one of them is a Atheist or Christian website for dialogues and stuff...
well there were lots of questions posted against Islam, like i coudn't understand many cuz the english was so complicated/confusing But people say so many bad things about Islam and although many will try to correct them they will never listen, and alot of times actions of some are justified as Islam.
LIke my question is SHould we even take part in such website and debate, mostly argue i wud say against those people cuz no matter waht you say they will say something agianst it and will say stuff that you have no idea if its true or not cuz in reality a person doesn't know EVERYTHING and they might even quote some stupid person's book or somethiing thats totally anti-islam without reason Like i feel like that weakens our own faith, i feel really depression and weird sometimes after that like should we actually go and talk to them or do dawaa to them althought knowing they will never accept or never listen/understand and will argue?
PS: i like doing debates on msn/other messengers since im able to reply on spot and question them on spot on what they said and do research on spot, but when ur in a forum its like they will argue and argue things which are not true and other people will start agreeing with them since they r already against Islam anywayz.
thx brother/sisters

Salaam Aleykom, I would recommend that you save your breath because I know what type of people you are dealing with and to me those type of Christians seem just as similar as Atheists and very arrogant as well. I was on a Muslim chat the other day on yahoo and most of the people there were Christians with screen names which in insult Muslims and Islam. To give dawah to such or to even debate with them is only harming yourself. Such are kafirs and Allah would have guided them if there was any good in their hearts. If people are honest and loves to check out facts before making a conclusion, they'll come to the source and investigate. But the people you're talking about have no such interests and all will happen is your iman will become weaker and trust me brother I am telling you from experience. I have debated a kafir for over one whole year and walahi my wrist still hurts from typing for so long and do you think he even was reading what I typed?

He had all his garbage false info on Islam saved on his computer and kept repeating the same stuff. All he was there for was to make insults against Muslims, prophet Muhammad(saaws) Arabs and anything associated with Islam. He sucked as a human being and even worse as a Christian. I would advise you to save your breath in this regard. If you want a good advise is to give dawah or explain Islam properly rather than debate because the latter causes more harm than good. If you are still interested in debating, I would recommend you understand Christianity first. When you understand their theology, doctrines and what makes them say or believe what they claim, you'll be in a better position. It is important you understand their theology and also their entire history. You should study their scripture and the history of it, Learn about the various books of the Bible and especially the New Testament.

After you do that, you'll be in a much better position. I have learned my lesson the hard way and never again am I going to waste my time and energy debating without getting anything accomplished. Debati9ng from the internet is even harder because these kafirs have all kinds of bogus sources and they'll quote stuff which is supposed to be from Islamic sources or from Muslim scholars and it causes confusion if I am not aware. They have a habit of quoting things which they claim are hadiths and for some reason it just don't sound right. These people spent all their time to get any nasty information from them anti-Islamic web sites which are usually operated by Middle Eastern Christians or other Christians. I saw recently a bogus atheist web site which was trying to disprove the scientific miracles of the Quran yet there was no evidence for their claims and no refernces. I came on a page which claimed 'contradictions in the Quran" and sure enough it was copied from the answering-Islam web site. These "contradictions" do not even exist in reality and they all been refuted and clarified yet the kafirs will still keep advertising them just to at least deceive the unaware or sincere truth seekers.

Anyone interested in knowing Islam for real should go to the source. The Quran, Sunnah and other Islamic works. If we get our info on Islam from non-Muslims, I can guarantee you it is always way off and even when they are written with good intentions. I also blame some of these problems on some Muslim scholars who have no idea of what they are talking about and then these kafirs use this stuff against us. As of now, the most popular thing I noticed these kafirs attack Islam with is either the Prophet's marriage to Aisha(ra) or the so called abrogations of the Quran which something I do not accept.

I would say at least study their religion, theology, doctrines, scripture and history before engaging in any debates so you'll be in a good position. If you see them only using foul language, not allowing you to speak or they ignore you as they mostly do, excuse yourself immediately because you are only wasting your time, energy and breath. Let me know if you need help with anything and I be more than glad to help you my brother, inshaAllah.

:wasalam:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
thank you brother Rashadi very nice advice ... I have actually read bible from many parts and memorized parts of the bible But what i have noticed is in many things they wont agree but atleast they try for now i think i will just help ppl that are interested in Islam and keep on increasing my knowledge and focus on school :) thank you so much for the advice everyone thou

BigAk

aslam o alikum
thank you brother Rashadi very nice advice ... I have actually read bible from many parts and memorized parts of the bible But what i have noticed is in many things they wont agree but atleast they try for now i think i will just help ppl that are interested in Islam and keep on increasing my knowledge and focus on school :) thank you so much for the advice everyone thou

Brother shaheerpak.... I think you are on the right track.. I would just do face to face dialogs... The more you do them, the better you'll become at them.. I think face to face dialogs are far more fruitful... Once I engaged in a dialog with the owner of Christian Bookstore in my hometown... We were all respectful throughout the dialog, and he could not ignore my statements like other do on the msg boards.. He had no choice but acknowledge me because I was standing there in front of him... Anyway.. At the very end, he ended up buying a Quran from me as he expressed interest in reading it.

That reminds me.. I need to swing by and say hey.. It's been two months... LOL

Brother.. I want to urge you to resume your efforts in dawa.. I wish you were around here so we can work together.. You can practice on each other.. hahah..

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Brother shaheerpak.... I think you are on the right track.. I would just do face to face dialogs... The more you do them, the better you'll become at them.. I think face to face dialogs are far more fruitful... Once I engaged in a dialog with the owner of Christian Bookstore in my hometown... We were all respectful throughout the dialog, and he could not ignore my statements like other do on the msg boards.. He had no choice but acknowledge me because I was standing there in front of him... Anyway.. At the very end, he ended up buying a Quran from me as he expressed interest in reading it.

That reminds me.. I need to swing by and say hey.. It's been two months... LOL

Brother.. I want to urge you to resume your efforts in dawa.. I wish you were around here so we can work together.. You can practice on each other.. hahah..

lol :) thx brother inshallah i will try to convey the message of islam thru my words and action inshallah, and yea that wud be great if we were both together cuz i know u mashallah have learned alot from AHmed Deedat and Dr Zakir Naik and cuz of u Alhumdulilah you gave me the oppurtunity and strength to do dawaa with non-muslims that i never thought i wud achieve .... and it wud be been very kool to do dawaa with you since sometimes a person forgets a verse a lil so there is someone to help
brother together or not, we both r muslim and inshallah always will be till our last breathe, Allah keep us on the right path and help us bring others to the right path as well ... Allah help us the correct path that leads to him mercy and Jannah and the path of the ppl whom he has bestowed his mercy and love -- Ameen
:wasalam: brother

mhamzah

Salam alakum

Brother I won't suggest you to debate, simply because (a) It wasnt the method adopted by the Prophets (pbut) and (b) debate brings about a lot of heat and actually it is not that fruitfull as one brother pointed out. Thirdly debates often leaves Muslims in a vunerable position because some Christians would go on to attack Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and Allah out of their ignorance, however we cannot respond back in a similar manner because it is an unislamic thing to do.

A dialogue, one to one or face to face discussion would be more appropraite idea, however one should have the correct knowledge of not only Islam but also of Christanity.

A would suggest an alternative method to the one adopted my Sheikh ahmed deedat and Zakir Naik. Both brothers have Mashallah done a great job, but I personally believe, it is not the duty of Muslims to interpret or reinterpret the bible, after all there are so many already available out there. So I would suggest you listen to the lectures of Brother Gary Miller (Abdul Ahad Omar). Not only will you find them informative but they will demonstrate the errors in the interpretaions which a Christian will offer you and you only have to point him out his interpretaion does work because their is another passage in the bible, which goes against his interpretation.

To give you one such example, John 14:9 (9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?) vs John 5:37, (37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape).

You can also find the text format of his lectures on many webistes, just google Dr Gary Miller. Plus I would suggest you get hold of a red letter bible, it cost about £5.00 on ebay

Salam Alakum,

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
thank you brother/sister :) actually i have heard one lecture from Gary Miller in his talk on islam and christianity with Sheikh Ahmed Deedat very great scholar :) thx for telling me his muslim name i wasn't sure if he had become muslim
thx

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum again
actually i wasn't able to find any videos of Gary Miller (Abdul-Ahad Omar) could you please provide me some links if possible
thx