VINIGER! PLEASE HELP?

Saidsaad

Selam, could anyone please help me? My wife want's to buy viniger for cooking & puting on food. So many people say that viniger & spirit viniger is haram. We have been to a couple of halal shops and they have different views about the subject as they have spirit viniger & malt viniger:SMILY26:. Does anyone know more about this subject on viniger????

Sanaa01

Muslima
Selam, could anyone please help me? My wife want's to buy viniger for cooking & puting on food. So many people say that viniger & spirit viniger is haram. We have been to a couple of halal shops and they have different views about the subject as they have spirit viniger & malt viniger:SMILY26:. Does anyone know more about this subject on viniger????

:salam2: I would like to know if anyone have info about this too I uasually buy distilled white vinegar but I have no Idea if it is haram

Please help

Yousef83

I know something about vinegar.Yes it cosider alcohol but there are many ways untill converting vinegar.
C6H12O6 -----> 2 CH3CH2OH + 2 CO2
consider sugar, carbon dioxide and ethyl alcohol.
and there is second level but after all levels i found its halal.I will tell u more info later

sazk

Banned
walaikum as salam brother/sister,

it depends on the ingredients in the vinegar. we have used vinegar in our foods in pakistan for decades now so vinegar is not explicitly haram but in the west it all comes down to ingredients.

the following ingredients should be avoided by all muslims:

Alcohol

Animal Shortening

Animal Fat

Bacon

Broth

Enzymes
microbial enzymes are ok

Ethanol
Gelatin
Gin
Ham
L-cysteine (Synthetic and chicken/duck feather L-cysteine is hala but if from human hair its haram)
Lard
Lipase
Pepsin
Rennet (should be avoided unless from plant/synthetic/microbial means)
Rum
Stock
( A liquid made by simmering meat, fish, bones or vegetables with herbs in water, used in soups, stews, sauces)
Wine

Tallow

Vanilla Extract/Flavor
( though not haram itself, its commonly dissolved in alcohol)

Whey(unless rennet used in production is plant/microbial/synthetic, Whey should be avoided because the rennet used to curd the milk could be from a non-slaughtered animal)

Yousef83

also you know Prophet Hz Muhammad (s.a.v) praised vinegar how much useful which made by wine..you dont drink it to be drunk

sazk

Banned
the following E-codes are haram:

E 120
E 161(g)
E 249
E 252
E 304
E 422
E 432
E 433
E 434
E 435
E 436
E 441
E 470
E 471
E 472 (a)
E 472 (d)
E 472 (e)
E 473
E 474
E 475
E 476
E 477
E 478
E 481
E 482
E 483
E 491
E 492
E 494
E 495
E 542
E 570
E 572
E 631
E 635
E 636
E 637
E 904
E 920
E 1510
E 1517
E 1518
E 1520

Plz check the ingredients when you buy.

JAK

sazk

Banned
The following are Mushtabihah (doubtful). These should be avoided by a good muslim:

Antioxidant
Collagen
Chymosin (enzyme)
enzymes
fatty acids
gelatin
glyceride
glycerol stearate
hormones
monoglycerides
phospholipids
renin/rennet/polysorbate
shortening
whey
polypeptone
animal fat
cholesterol
diglyceride
ethyoxylated mono di glycerides
fungal protease enzyme
gelatin
glycerol/glycerine
glycogen
hydrolyzed animal protein
lipids
pepsin (enzyme)

Although not explicitly haram, these ingredients may come from a non-slaughtered animal. if the animal is slaughtered, they become halal.

Saidsaad

I know something about vinegar.Yes it cosider alcohol but there are many ways untill converting vinegar.
C6H12O6 -----> 2 CH3CH2OH + 2 CO2
consider sugar, carbon dioxide and ethyl alcohol.
and there is second level but after all levels i found its halal.I will tell u more info later

Thank you for the reply. You seem to know alot about the chemistry make-up of viniger.

muslims.helper

is a Bro, NOT a Sis

Asalamo Aleikum brother,

I believe whether the Vinegar is allowed or not depends on how it was made. Some of the types are permitted and some are not.

To know which ones you can buy, please read this.
http://www.islamawareness.net/Alcohol/fatwa_vinegar001.html
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/901/
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/2283/

Please note that, Vinegar is sold in Saudi Arabic, Egypt, ...etc, so if it is TOTALLY haram then you wouldn't have find it there. You just need to find out (about the brand you are buying ) how it was made. I am sure you will find halal ones that you can buy in your city.

May Allah protect you and your family from all Haram and fill your hearts with Eman.