Gabriel Opened Muhammad's (pbu) chest and took out his heart??

BigAk

:salam2:

I am reading the Sealed Nectar with much enthousiasm. On page 74, the writer writes:

"Then, as related by Anas in Sahih Muslim, Gabriel (AS) came down, opened his chest and took out his heart, he then extracted a blood-clot out of it and said: "That was the part of Satan in thee." And then he washed it with the water of Zamzam in a gold basin. After that the heart was joined together and restored to its place. The boys and playmates came running to his mother, ie., his nurse, and said: "Verily, Muhammad has been murdered." They all rushed towards him and found him to be all right and that only his face was white. And Anas said, "I have seen the mark that was left on his chest.""

Somewhat I am finding this detail questionable.. Can someone help me ??

Jazakum Allah Khair.

UmmAbdAllah

Angel Gabriel Did Open Prophet Muhammad's (saws) Chest

Bismillah

As Salam Walaykum,

Yes, it's true, Angel Gabriel (as) did come to the Prophet (saws) when he was a young boy, while he was playing in the desert and open his chest. He took out a dark spot, washed his heart with the water of Zam Zam and put it back. This is a miracle.

The Prophet (saws) at this time was playing with his foster brother (from Halimah) in the desert. His brother saw what happened and ran to Halimah, his mother to tell her. She was so scared. Her and her husband ran to the Prophet (saws) and found him sitting and he was pale.

Halimah asked what happened and the Prophet (saws) told her that two cleanly dressed persons came to him, laid him down with his face up, took out his heart and extracted something from it. (This is from The History of Islam by Akbar Shah Najeebabadi, Volume 1).

Halimah was scared and so she took him back to Mecca to his mother, Amina. Amina reassured her that nothing would harm her son.

This is just one of the many miracles that happened to the Prophet (saws). Some others are that he has the Seal of Prophecy on his back between his two shoulders, clouds were shading him went he was a youth on a trip with his Uncle to go to syria and they met a monk who saw clouds covering the Prophet (saws) in the desert sun. The monk told his Uncle to take him back to Mecca because he was afraid that the Christians in Syria would kill him if they knew who he was. Other miracles are the Isra and Miraj (the night ascention to Jerusalem), the spider making a web and birds nesting at the entrance to the cave on the journey of migration from Mecca to Medina, when the Muslims made him (saws) a pulpit to deliver the sermons and the Prophet (saws) used to stand by a palm tree so when he left to go to the pulpit the tree started weeping until the Prophet (saws) went to it and put his arm around it to console it.

There are many miracles of the life of Prophet Muhammad (saws), I've just listed a few of them here.

If it's hard for you to believe that his chest was opened when he was a boy by the Angel Gabriel, then consider the fact that Allah (SWT) has power to do anything. In fact, when the Prophet (saws) related that he had taken a nightly trip to Jerusalem and back, the pagans of Mecca began to make fun of him. Some of them went to Abu Bakr (ra) and said, "Do you hear what your friend is saying?" and they related it to him. Before Abu Bakr (ra) even spoke to the Prophet (saws), he had no doubt. Abu Bakr (ra) said, "If the Prophet (saws) said it then it's true."

We know the honesty of the Prophet (saws) and there should be no doubt at all of what he relates. These incidents happened to him out of the Will (Qadr) of Allah and he (saws) related them. Prophet Muhammad (saws) is the most honest of the creation, chosen by Allah (SWT) and there is no doubt whatsoever of what he has said.

I have read The Sealed Nectar and it is a very good book. I hope that this post has assisted you. I wish you well.

Salam,
UmmAbdAllah

BigAk

Jazaki Allah Khair ya UmmAbdAllah... You have surly entered our community with an awesome post, and I personally welcome you here among us.

Yes.. Your post has helped me alot and I appreciate your knowledge. Now, was Anas the prophet's foster brother from Halima; and if not how did Anas come into the picture to relay this incident claiming that he even saw the mark left on the prophet's chest??

Maybe I'm asking too much .... But, I assure you that I have no trouble believing in Allah's miracles with Muhammad (pbu)..

Again.. Welcome to our community.. It's so nice to have you.. :D

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
:salam2:

I am reading the Sealed Nectar with much enthousiasm. On page 74, the writer writes:

"Then, as related by Anas in Sahih Muslim, Gabriel (AS) came down, opened his chest and took out his heart, he then extracted a blood-clot out of it and said: "That was the part of Satan in thee." And then he washed it with the water of Zamzam in a gold basin. After that the heart was joined together and restored to its place. The boys and playmates came running to his mother, ie., his nurse, and said: "Verily, Muhammad has been murdered." They all rushed towards him and found him to be all right and that only his face was white. And Anas said, "I have seen the mark that was left on his chest.""

Somewhat I am finding this detail questionable.. Can someone help me ??

Jazakum Allah Khair.

Brother, this book Sealed Nectar won first prize..many of my sheikh used story from this book when they talked about siraah. I've read few books on siraah and the story appeared to be consistent.

BigAk

Thank you all for the replies.... I have no doubt that miracles have happened to our prophet Muhammad :saw: .. I have just started reading about them. Before the Sealed Nectar, I knew of none except the miracle of the Quran.

Jazakum Allah Khair... I am enjoying this book tremendously.. I thank the brothers and sisters who recommended it to me.

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
Some commentators have taken sharh sadr to mean shaqq Sadr (splitting up of the breast) and have declared this verse to be a proof of the miracle of sharh sadr as related in the traditions of the Hadith. But the fact is that the proof of that miracle is dependent only on the traditions of the Hadith, it is not correct to prove it from the Qur'an.

According to the Arabic language, sharh sadr can in no way be taken to mean shaqq sadr. `Allama Alusi in the Ruh al-Ma'ani says:"In the sight of the research scholars it is a weak thing to regard sharh sadr as shaqq sadr. "

(94:1)

http://www.tafheem.net/tafheem.html