importance of din for mankind

safiya58

:salam2:

I thought about the human being. We all have a standart with which we differ between right and wrong, independent from our race, colour & religion. Morals are inherently in everyone of us. But what makes us a "good guy" and act exemplarly and what makes us a "bad guy" and commit crimes?

I will go on with a hadidh (not word by word but the purpose doesn´t change)

Once a sahabi came to the prophet (saw) to tell him about his shortcomming in the time before Islam (dschahilya):

"Oh messenger of Allah, we used to had the habit of buring alive the babygirls. I also had a daughter. I told her mother to close her, I want to visit with her her uncle. The mother understood what it implys ( that her daugter will be killed) but she could not do anything so she did what I said while crying. The child really believed that she will go to her uncle and was happy about that. I brought her to a hole I diged out before and said to her to look into the hole... then I pushed her and she fall down but somehow she managed to hold down with one hand... with the other hand she removed the dust from my clothes but despite that I pushed her again and she fall down and died."

The Prophet and the other sahabis near him was crying so much that one of the sahabis said: why did you tell that you made the Prophet sad. But the prophet wanted the man to tell his storry again..... (Darimi, Mukaddime, 1.)

But why he wanted him to repeat?

The human being is an egoist. the most precious thing to him is his own existence. His own adventages are coming first. If he do a good deed he expects a consideration and if he hurts someone then he has done this to fullfill his desires.
He hates death, the buffet of fate, diseases, poverty, calamities...
Not beeing able to defend against all this it is clear cut that he is weak and dependent. But due to his pride and hauteur he will never accept his weakness! He will ignore everything what is unpleasant to him. But one thing mentioned above no one can excape. It is death.

What will happen when he is taken out of his familiar environment and taken to an unfamiliar environment? When he is suddenly in a battlefied of a brutal, unjust war? What would change for him? war instead of peace, piteous conditions instead of wealth, chaos instead of normality, fear of death instead of security and instead of his loved ones enemies are around him...

he will be drilled by his superious and his beloved life is in dangeour.. every day could be his last... Or he could fall into the hands of the enemies... Now he realizes that he is not strong. he will regognice his weakness... that must be a hurting experience....

As I mentioned before humans alwasy ignore unpleasant facts. So he will surelly try to hide his weakness (from his ownself)... and when we try to conceal our own fault/infirmity others have to put their neck on the line for it. Even when he is a "good guy" normaly, he will turn to a beast and will not pause to kill, tortere or rape.... the oppressor is strong and "his victims" the opressed ons are weak.... in reality oppression is a sign for weaknes. it is the cognition of a poor devil of his own weak nature

In exceptional cases like this the signification of religion becomes obvious!

Imagine someone who fears Allah (and believes in all of his angels, books, messengers and is convinved of the day of judgement and believes that everything good or bad is decided by Allah the Almighty) in such a case... do you think he will become a "beast" too?

He knows that he is weak by nature thats why he relies on Allah! This is what makes him strong! He knows life is a test.He loves his Creator his aim is to do good deeds that his Lord is pleased with him. He doesn´t prefer a luxuries life, he takes the good with praise and the bad with patience... and in both is good for him. He will not live a egocentric life, he wants to be helpfull and usefull to others. he doesn´t fear death, he is like a studend who is doing his qualification test and ofcourse he will be reliefed after his exam but he will still take his time for his exam cuz every minute is precious.. in the end it is about his future life.!

Such a person would not even participate in an unjust war. He is the server only of his Lord...

back to the qustion. Do you know why the Prophet wanted him to repeat now?

He wanted us to realize what we owe Islam. If Allah would not guide us we would also belong to the loosers!

I thought about all this because my Nation is humiliated and I am sad about it but at least we are not the loosers (I mean the oppressors):

Allah respites the oppressor until when He seizes him He never releases him.

not every good guy is a good servent (of Allah) but every good servant is a good guy....

Sorry, I know I make it long.

:wasalam: