Hijab or not hijab?

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

I just wanted to share this picture; one of my little grade 6 girls was finding pictures of "hijab" on the internet for her Islamic studies class. I saw this and loved it, so I had her find it again for me to share!

Lana

PS - I don't know how to put it full size in here, but if you click, and copy/paste it in Word or another program, you can make it bigger to read all the notes, although I am sure you can get the gist by the pictures!

Attachments

• HijabNotHijab.jpg
    HijabNotHijab.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,146

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: Thank you sister Lana :) Indeed, it would seem some do need reminders of how hijab should be these days :) Jazak Allahu Khair, that was funny!

:wasalam:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

I hear that the variety on the left side of the picture is getting pret-ty popular in the Middle-East!

In addition to the bo-nafkha hijab...

The one where the lady puts on huuuuuge hair ties and then puts on a scarf and it just looks poofy and alien-like at the back?

You know which one I'm talking about right???

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

Yeah, the big-old camel hump hair is veeeeeery popular with the Middle Eastern Muslimahs. They use soda cans, yoghurt cups, and other dishes to put on their heads to make their heads/hair look bigger. Apparently, since Arab men like women with really long hair, the ladies think this makes it look like they have a lot more hair.

I personally, think it makes them look like they have big, giant heads and it just look ridiculous!

Lana

AlQurtubi

Banned
Indeed the qiyamah is near. These giant heads reminded me of a Hadith where Nabi(SAW) has said that near qiyamah, there will be women who will have the bulges very similar to that of camel (like the camel has the bulge on his back, which we hold while travelling)

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

Yeah, the big-old camel hump hair is veeeeeery popular with the Middle Eastern Muslimahs. They use soda cans, yoghurt cups, and other dishes to put on their heads to make their heads/hair look bigger. Apparently, since Arab men like women with really long hair, the ladies think this makes it look like they have a lot more hair.

I personally, think it makes them look like they have big, giant heads and it just look ridiculous!

Lana

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Assalam aliekum

Lana

Wow!...SODA CANS AND YOGURT CUPS???...I don't know if I should laugh or feel sad...I don't blame Arabs who use the saying "Brains are a blessing" often...

I actually saw this style on tv one day and talked about it with a Qatari sister..and she said oh yeah it's so and so and so..and that's when I was shocked to find out that it wasn't just an actress doing it..it was done by many women...

And brother Al-Qurtubi..beat me to quote the hadith speaking about these women..jazah allah khair...this matter is one of the minor signs of judgement day..and unfortunately these women are so cursed by Allah..they will not enter paradise or even smell its scent...

Luckily..in Qatar many women have gotten together in a campaign to stop this type of hijab...when they see a woman dressed like that..they go up to her and advice her...so mashallah they're doing something about it...I pray that other women take in their example as well...

Indeed the qiyamah is near. These giant heads reminded me of a Hadith where Nabi(SAW) has said that near qiyamah, there will be women who will have the bulges very similar to that of camel (like the camel has the bulge on his back, which we hold while travelling)

Yes, could this what Rasulullah meant in the Hadits Yaa Shahzad?

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

The_truth

Muslim women nowadays all over Europe,Turkey,Middle East,North africa are actually using the hijab as fashion accessory nowadays(naoodhobillah) and they get even more attention than girls who don't cover!
Im speaking for these places because i've been to them and it's the same all over nowadays! It worse in places like North africa and Turkey where there is so little Islam practiced as it is because of colonialisation and you'll see many muslim girls openly walking around in skirts showing there legs!Asthaghfirullah

Im from the UK and It makes me sick nowdays when i see Girls with hijaab on wearing sooo much make up like it's Eid day and they wear tight jeans and tops with the hijaab where you can see their breast shape aswell as curves and shape of legs etc. They wear the highest heels which make sooo much noise when they walk attracting further attention! Why do they do this? Im not trying to offend anyone but this is just soo common nowadays and it does anger me a lot! Just yesterday a women passed me who was wearing hijaab and she was wearing knee length leather boots and the tightest jeans and top walking like she was a model on a cat walk! In the summer they wear the hijaab with full sleeveless tops with the arms and shoulders showing!and i've seen some with three quarters on aswell! Im just speachless why this is happening!
The whole point of Hijaab is to cover that which Allah has ordained women to cover not wear it and attract even more attention to your body! Something has to be done about this because the reason why it is getting worse is because the younger girls are looking upto the older girls who are doing this and they are made to think that just because they put a cloth on their heads that it is ok for them to wear what they want!Please lets make dua for our ummah for the state of our ummah to be improved!

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Assalam aliekum

Lana

salam aleikum
Thats just crazy .Haha I cant imagine how can you put a soda can on your head ...Yea unfortunatlly many following some kind of hijabi fashion or smth ,I see a lot of blogs now days for fashion hijabis ...What a wasteof money and time ...
Just my opinion

waalekum salam