Alexander Litvinenko Conversion to Islam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Alexander Litvinenko Conversion to Islam 2 days before his death

[img=left]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42344000/jpg/_42344774_litvinenko_afp203b.jpg[/img]Alexander Litvinenko Conversion to Islam 2 days before his death

Litvinenko worked for the Russian Secret Service in the KGB and in the FSB. He exposed many of the lies of the Kremlin and of Putin. He campained on behalf of the Chechen Muslims who had been persecuted for many years by the Russians. He also showed how the FSB and Putin was responsible for the Moscow Apartment bombings and many other terrorist activities.

He fled to Britain with his family. He died aged 43 in University College Hospital, London. He was found to have been poisoned with radioactive polonium-210. Alexander blamed the Russian authorities for his poisoning.

What is not so well known, is that Alexander Litvinenko became Muslim 2 days before his death.

Reported in some newspapers including the well known Times newspaper. At the end of the Times Online article.

Litvinenko's father, Walter, said in an interview published today that his son - who was born an Orthodox Christian but had close links to Islamist rebels in Chechnya - had requested to be buried according to Muslim tradition after converting to Islam on his deathbed.

"He said ’I want to be buried according to Muslim tradition’," Mr Litvinenko told Moscow's Kommersant daily.

"I said, ’Well son, as you wish. We already have one Muslim in our family - my daughter is married to a Muslim. The important thing is to believe in the Almighty. God is one.’"
The date of Litvinenko's funeral has also not been disclosed. Friends say the casket will be sealed to prevent the spread of radiation. He is to be buried in a Muslim cemetry in London.

Litvinenko's father today told RFE/RL's Russian Service that his son told him shortly before his death that had converted to Islam, and wished to be buried according to Muslim tradition.

"He told me about his decision two days before he died. He said, 'Papa, I have to talk to you about something serious. I've become a Muslim,'" Valter Litvinenko said.

"I said, 'Sasha, it's your decision. As long as you don't become a communist or a satanist, that's the main thing. I'm a Christian myself, but I have a granddaughter whose father is Kabardin -- my daughter's husband, he's Muslim as well," he continued. "We haven't lost God; we believe in God. But how to believe in God, how to pray -- everyone should do that in the way they consider best."

Valter Litvinenko said his son had grown disenchanted with what he described as the "hierarchy" of the Russian Orthodox Church, and had sought a change.
[img=left]http://gdb.rferl.org/f11d40d7-2a39-4516-8278-18256594ed85.jpg[/img]
Akhmed Zakayev, the London-exiled Chechen separatist envoy, told RFE/RL that Litvinenko asked him about the possibility of converting in the early days of his illness. "I told him it was a purely personal question, that it isn't important to which god we pray as long as we aren't doing ignoble acts. And I sort of dropped it. But he over and over again returned to the subject."

Zakayev added that Litvinenko went on to pronounce the shahadah, the fundamental Muslim statement of faith.

"Any student of Islam will tell you that there are no particular rituals for converting to Islam. All you have to do is say one sura" -- a verse or chapter from the Koran -- "and from that moment if the person who pronounces this sura, this shahadah, has sincere intentions, from that moment he is considered a Muslim," he said.

Zakayev also described the day before Litvinenko died: "On November 22, at his request, I, with his wife's approval, brought an imam to him. He read over him a sura from the Koran, the one that is read over a dying Muslim," he said. "Of course, according to Muslim rituals, they pray over the body before burial. Now, unfortunately, that part of the process which Aleksandr requested cannot be fulfilled because of the exceptional circumstances of the radiation in his body and the fact that the coffin that will contain his body cannot be opened for 6 1/2 years."

Litvinenko, who defected to Britain in 2000, had previously been active in uncovering corruption in Russia and was involved in investigations into the murder of Anna Politkivskaya, the Russian journalist and anti-Chechen campaigner killed in Moscow last month.

Radio station Echo Moskvy reported Friday Litvinenko had converted to Islam shortly before his death.

Litvinenko, it said, had been read the Yasin surah, or prayer, and given Islamic death rites by an imam invited to his hospital bedside.

Ekho, a prominent liberal broadcaster funded by state-owned gas monopoly Gazprom, said Litvinenko would be buried in a Muslim cemetery in London.

Goldfarb, a close associate of Litvinenko in London, said no arrangements for a funeral had been made as post-mortem examinations were continuing.

Inna Lilahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajioon,
Indeed we are from Allah and to him we will return

If anyone has anything related to his becoming Muslim please add below inshaAllah and will add info here.

Wasalam

jamilgame

this wasnt reported in the news

at least he died in the state of islam and had been forgiven for all his sins 2 days b4 all praises due to allah.

Jamil

Muslim-

Spy's contact and wife also poisoned
By Duncan Gardham and John Steele

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/12/02/npoison02.xml

A new radiation alert was issued last night after it emerged that a second man on the hit-list handed to the former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko has been poisoned.

Mario Scaramella: Significant amount of radiation

Tests have also shown that Mr Litvinenko's wife, Marina, has been exposed to radiation, although John Reid, the Home Secretary, said last night that there was "no reason for concern in the short term".

Mario Scaramella, an Italian investigator who had lunch in a sushi bar with Mr Litvinenko and flew back to Britain to help police on Tuesday, has been found with a "significant amount" of the same radioactive element in his body.

The Health Protection Agency said Mr Scaramella, whom it did not officially name, had received quantities of polonium 210 "likely to be of concern for [his] immediate health".

He is being treated at University College Hospital in central London where Mr Litvinenko died on Thursday last week.

advertisementA post-mortem examination was carried out yesterday on Mr Litvinenko's body but the results are not expected for several days.

The Daily Telegraph has been told that Mr Litvinenko had converted to Islam.

Akhmed Zakayev, the leading Chechen dissident who lived next door to Mr Litvinenko, said: "He was read to from the Koran the day before he died and had told his wife and family that he wanted to be buried in accordance with Muslim tradition."

Yesterday the Government's Cobra emergency planning committee met to discuss the latest developments. A Cabinet Office spokesman said: "Clearly there is another trail — literally — that the police have now to work out and for the agencies to examine. We will be looking for information about where he's been and what he's been doing."

The Italian authorities were also alerted to the dangers. "They may now need to take steps," the spokesman said. "For example, they have the same predicament about airlines that we faced."

So far 2,655 people have contacted NHS Direct fearing that they may have been in contact with the substance, with 356 asked to provide a urine sample for analysis. This figure could rise as police pinpoint Mr Scaramella's movements in Britain.

Last night the Ashdown Park Hotel in East Sussex, where Mr Scaramella had been staying since his return to this country, was being checked for signs of radiation.

Mr Litvinenko's home in north London, to which he returned after his meetings on Nov 1 and before he was taken ill that evening, has already shown signs of radiation.

Scientists at Aldermaston have been able to identify the polonium 210 as manmade and it is believed they have identified a Russian reactor as the probable source.

Health experts say Mr Scaramella probably ingested the radioactive isotope at the same time as Litvinenko, although he received a smaller dose.

Mr Scaramella met Mr Litvinenko at the Itsu sushi restaurant in Piccadilly for lunch on Nov 1. During the half-hour meeting Mr Scaramella handed him a list that named both men, as well as the exiled billionaire Boris Berezovsky and the Italian senator Paolo Guzzanti, who had led the Mitrokhin Commission investigation into the KGB's activities in Italy.

A friend of Mr Berezovsky said last night: "He can't believe what is happening. He has had a test but has not had the results yet. He is not showing any symptoms."

Police believe that Mr Litvinenko went on to meet three Russians, one a former KGB agent, at the Pine Bar in the Millennium Hotel in Grosvenor Square, where traces of radiation have also been found.

It is believed that he also visited a private security firm on Grosvenor Street and an investment company linked to the giant Russian oil firm Yukos, which has offices opposite. Police have also found traces of polonium 210 at rooms on the eighth floor of the Sheraton hotel in Park Lane.

They believe the substance was brought into the country on a British Airways flight from Moscow on Oct 25, but other flights have also shown signs of contamination.

dido70

إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون
May Allah has mercy on him and all the muslims
how lucky he is i sear to Allah i wish if i was him

Muslim-

Alexander Litvinenko confessed to his father to a wish to be buried as a Moslem

Moscow, December 4, Interfax – Former FSB lieutenant colonel Alexander Litvinenko, who died recently in London from radioactive poisoning, had contemplated conversion to Islam not long before his death, his father has said.

‘He had these questions; he was thinking about it’, Walter Litvinenko said answering a question about his son’s conversion to Islam in an interview with Kommersant on Monday.

Litvinenko senior also told the newspaper that during one of his visits to the hospital he said to his son, ‘I have put a candle to St. Sergious of Radonezh and prayed for your soul’ and in response to these words Alexander confessed that he wanted to be buried according to Moslem tradition.

“I said, ‘Well, son, it will be as you wish. You will be another Moslem in our family, the daughter being married to a Kabardinian. The most important thing is to believe in the Almighty as there is one God. The most important thing is to refuse to live according to satanic laws”, W. Litvinenko said.

source: interfax religion

Muslim-

Better than Spy Novels
http://www.zaman.com/?bl=columnists&alt=&trh=20061205&hn=38935
The death of a former Russian spy, his demise one seemingly from the pages a John Le Carre novel, is attracting more attention than the most popular Darya Dantsova detective books.

Detective stories and thrillers have proven a very successful genre of new Russian literature. Darya Dontsova has written about 50 novels, and her books have been published in the millions.

The poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko, an ex-spy in the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB), and a key figure in religious, federal and nuclear cases, has turned all eyes towards London and Moscow.

Litvinenko was in London for a series of contacts. But he was poisoned on Nov. 1 and died despite receiving medical treatment.

In a statement released after his death, Alexander Litvinenko blamed a "barbaric and ruthless" Russian President Vladimir Putin for the attack.

Not too long ago, Anna Politkovskaya, a prominent Russian journalist known as a fierce critic of Putin, was killed in what appeared to be a simple yet mysterious murder.

The atmosphere was ripe for the Kremlin to be blamed. As time passed, relations between retired KGB and FSB agents and rich businessmen known as oligarchs and their international business interests began to surface.

At a press conference I closely followed, the head of the Russian Federal Atomic Energy Agency, Sergey Kiriyenko, said Polonium-210 was a very sensitive substance produced under tight government control, underlining the fact that it was not easily accessible.

Polonium-210, a rare radioactive substance found in cigarettes and forests, was found in Litvinenko’s body and determined to be the cause of his death.

According to information given by Kiriyenko, Russia produces only eight grams of Polonium-210 a month. However, it has not exported the substance to England in recent years. It appears that the radioactive substance is in high demand on Europe’s black market. Some say Litvinenko poisoned himself during a transaction.

Others claim that retired KGB agents ordered the death of both Politkovskaya and Litvinenko. In Turkey, where familiar organizations like Atabeyler and Ergenekon act in the name of nationalism, the press is pointing the finger at an organization called Dostoinstvoi Jesti.

The Western media claims Litvinenko was killed by a limping 42-year-old nuclear expert named Igor, who knows judo and speaks fluent English and Portuguese.

While outrage prompted by the death of Litvinenko continued, Russia’s infamous economic reformist and one of its first ministers, Igor Gaydar, was poisoned in Dublin. Although Gaydar has recovered, how and by whom he was poisoned still remains unknown.

The claims made about Litvinenko’s accusations have created as much sensation worldwide as his unexpected death. Ahmad Zakayev, a Chechen emissary, said Litvinenko had become a Muslim and read the Quran just one day before his death. Zakayev said Litvinenko had told his wife and children that he wanted to be buried according to Islamic rites.

Just like the128 people who died in the Nord Ost Theater rescue operation, the use of Polonium-210 for poisoning and assassination has become another first in history.

Tahar

The brother met Allah with a clean slate. We rejoice for his reversion to Islam, pray to Allah to accept him in paradise and bring his punishment upon the coward perpetrators.

Ina-Liallahi-Wa-Inna-Ilayhi-Rajioun (We are God's creation, and to God we shall return.)

sad

sadik

Allau Akbar i am so happy, to see a person who once was an spy leaves this world as a muslim.
It's something amazing as Muslim need to take alesson from this Allah guides who ever he wants and for sure he is the Most Mercy full.
no one have a gaurantee for paradise but what ever u earn is what u will get.
Allahu Akbar

Hannah123

One Truth
Alhamdulillah. All praise is due to Allah alone. For all His Glory and Compassion, surely He is the Greatest.
:shymuslima1:

cumaari

Asalama alakum

aslama alakum brothers and sisters in Islam i am new member here my ALLAH guad all of you and my ALLAH pless all of the muslims in the world sorry may spell........ i am still learning Insha ALLAAH please make du'a all muslim countries to protect from kufar especail somalia and iraq. aaamiin

Karema

Mashallah that's really great he's ahal al jannah
subahana allah look at the diffrentce this world is nothing the here after is everlasting may allah guide as alll
ameen

AbdullahAlways

Dear translator as the meaning of the statement will be altered please change to the correct translation which is "We belong to Allah, and to him we shall return " beautiful story that shows when Allah sees senserity in some one's heart He guides him or herto his path. May Allah accept this dead man, grant him mercy, and accept him into Jannah and all muslims Ameen

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Alexander Litvinenko died as muslim but when Anna Politkovskaya was Christian when she died; but they both died by the same reason; trying tell to the world what is really happening to they sisters and brothers in Chechnya.

This song has made in my country for memorising Anna

Song for Anna Politkovskaja by finnish;

http://anna.voima.fi/anna.mp3

Uuden ajan kynnyksellä – Laulu Anna Politkovskaljalle/Song for Anna

uuden ajan kynnyksellä/When you open door to new era
syntyy mustelmia/you will get hits

uuden ajan kynnyksellä/when you open door to new era
syntyy ruumiita/somebodies will die

se joka kertoo totuuden/that who tells the truth
se joka päättää toimia/that who decide to work
saa hississä luodin otsaan/will get bullet to hers head

ne eivät vielä tiedä sinusta/they don´t know that it is YOU
ne eivät vielä tiedä minusta/they don´t know that is is ME

ammutut laukaukset kuuluvat pitkälle/all the world will heard those shots
(laukaukset kuuluvat pitkälle)/they will heard
mustelmat näkyvät pitkälle/all the world will see those hits
(mustelmat näkyvät pitkälle)/they will seen
lopulta ne kuitenkin katoavat/sooner or later they will disappeared
ja hautausmaan keskelle kasvaa/ and the grave yard become
kymmenen uutta puuta/ten new trees

uuden ajan kynnyksellä/When you open door to new era
syntyy mustelmia/you will get hits

uuden ajan kynnykselläwhen you open door to new era
syntyy ruumiita/somebodies will die

kun maa on rumimmillaan/when earth seems the most dirty
ammutut muistetaan paremmin/you will remember those heroes
kuin ne jotka maksavat murhan/than those whose paid those murders

ne eivät vielä tiedä minusta/they don´t know that it is YOU
ne eivät vielä tiedä sinusta/they don´t know that it is ME

ammutut laukaukset kuuluvat pitkälle/all the world will heard those shots
(laukaukset kuuluvat pitkälle)/they will heard
mustelmat näkyvät pikälle/all the world will see those hits
(mustelmat näkyvät pitkälle)/they will seen
lopulta ne kuitenkin katoavat/sooner or later they will disappeared
ja hautausmaan keskelle kasvaa/ and the grave yard become
kymmenen uutta puuta/ten new trees

This song has song in Finland 20-10-06 to Russian president Putin for human rights violations in Checehnya.

Translation by sister Harb.

For me also Anna was my sister!