Depressed

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

Some of you know me that im a pretty depressing person (dont let my profile picture fool you for what I really am ). Today I had a physics test which I failed which made me a more depressing person . At the start of junior year i made a commitment to study harder which I did . This test If you taught it to a 3 year old he would pass it , its very easy . The reason why I failed it is because I plugged in all the data ( and there were so many of them ) and when finish putting everything I decided to review everything in the table data and then I found something wrong and I was shocked and starting to freak out because one wrong then everything is . Which means I have to erase everything and do the whole calculations again and I freaked out because there were other stuff I had to do on the test that I didnt do yet and didnt have time . And then I found another mistake on the data which made my feelings drain . From then onwards I knew I was going to fail and all because of a simple calculation error .

Weeks before the test I asked allah to help me in my junior year (because its a very important year ) , even this morning when I prayed fajr I asked allah to help me so why allah didnt help me by finding this mistake sooner then later . It was because of that simple mistake I failed the test . So why allah didnt make me notice the error sooner before . I wonder If this was a test from allah . If it is why test me on a school test ? why dont test me like make me loose my ipod or money ?

Im really sad now guys . now I know the urging feeling to commit suicide . This school year is very important to me I cannot do bad this year and this test just made me feel like jumping of a building .

And also why doesnt allah answer my prayers on personal ones . Ive been asking for this dua for at least 2 years and allah has never answered
it and still asking allah for it . Its not a possesion or anything like that , that im asking for , its something in my mind that I want allah to fix . I cant do anything to fix it nor can doctors so only allah can because I think hes the one who made that way . So why when I ask the same dua for so long and allah doesnt answer it ?

and please bro/sis answer my first question to thx

Karima80

Im sorry to hear you say you are feeling depressed and stressed over your exam. But when you are feeling depressed it is generally very hard to be focused on something for example your physics test. If you had been focused, on just the test you maybe wouldn't missed the correct data. So dont wonder/ask why Allah testing you on this physic test and not loosing the ipod. Ask for help to be feeling better so you can be more focused and pass the exam. Ask to be stronger in your faith rather than ask for passing your physics test.

There are really good books/reading about Dealing with Worries and Stress English Translation Book by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid and 20 Exam Tips for Students on www.islam-qa.com.

This is just my thoughts, Astaghfirullah
:hijabi:

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

I dont quite have time to personally reply to this, but I hope you check the attachment meanwhile insha'Allah.

Dont do anything rash and dont even think of committing suicide... unless you want to lose your hereafter of eternity for a school test. You deserve better than that...

.... So whoever commits suicide then he will be consigned eternally to Hell-Fire, remaining there forever, as occurs in the hadeeth of the Prophet, sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam. (i.e., his, sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam, saying, " and whoever kills himself with an iron weapon, then the iron weapon will remain in his hand, and he will continuously stab himself in his belly with it in the Fire of Hell eternally, forever and ever." Reported by al-Bukhaaree, no. 5778 and Muslim, no. 109, in the Book of Eemaan.)

I agree with the sister above. Work on removing the source of the problem, rather then questioning Allah and what He decrees for you, find ways to boost your Eeman, become a stronger Muslim.

May Allah guide you, and make things easy for you.

wasalam

Attachments

• LUL-V3I17.pdf
    231.7 KB · Views: 39

UmmHusnaa

Asalam Alaikum

I have just read your post and have to say that i am really rather concerned about you.

First of all i don't get why you are soooooooooooooo depressed.
I'm sorry if i am going to come off a little insensitive, i just say it how it is. and i am sure my honesty won't offend you.

You say that you have made so many dua's to Allah SWT and they don't seem to be answered, don't you think that it is better for you if you dua's are saved up for you on the day of judgement to help you? But you can't think that you can put conditions on your dua's and expect Allah SWT to answer them. Allah is in no need of our conditions, our love, faithfullness or submission. It makes no difference to the Lord of The Worlds if you make dua or not, you are doing it soley for yourself.

Ok so you failed your test but you have to have faith in the Qadr of Allah (Whatever Allah SWT wills). Allah does what is best for you, although you may not see it like that at the time. Maybe you failed because you aren't ready for the next stage of your education, or maybe you failed because Allah has something much better planned for you. Only Allah knows, but you have to have patience and complete trust in Allah SWT. If you don't trust in Allah then your plans can never be successful.
Sure you may become a millionare, but you know that it is Allah that you need to submit to and Allah's SWT laws and rules you must live by and of course not forgetting the Sunnah of our beloved prophet (pbuh).

As for suicide, do you honestly believe that once you have committed that act that there is something better waiting on the other side for you? Your a muslim you should know better than that.

If you failed your exam maybe it is Allah SWT way of telling you that you need to focus your energies on other things. Perhaps getting your deen in order will help you get rid of these negative feelings you have.

Bad things happen all the time, but you can't just throw in the towel. You have to put it down to Allah's will, look within yourself and see what it is that you may be doing wrong, repent and move on.

I hope that i have been of some help. Any good that i have said is purely from Allah SWT and any bad that i have said is from my own shortcomings and shaytan.

palestine

Servant of Allah
SubhanaAllah. how can you even think of suicide. you know what, you really are being stubborn(not the right word). brother you and i are EXACTLY the same age. i failed an entire year of math, and everyday i had prayed to Allah. that was a test. wallahi even if i failed college or the most important tests in this world, i would not think of suicide. brother stop being depressed, get back on your feet and stop acting like the kuffar! you're wondering why i'm being so mean...because just the thought that a muslim my age wants to committ suicide breaks my heart! brother are you seriously willing to feel so low because of a stupid test? so what it was important...keep trying, get back on your feet, keep praying.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu Alaykum

Be patient for Allah SWT always answers the duas of his believers. How do you know the duas you made might not be good for you? Life is a test and so far you are giving up to your evil soul that is making feel this. Suicide is never an option. If you commit suicide for eternal life will you burn in hellfire then will you wish you could go back and change everything. Don't get mad about this but IT IS JUST A TEST. You will have a lot of them after this one. The school has just started right? My advice is remember that in a blink of an eye you could lose this world and you will go to meet your creator and then you will not be judge on how well you do on your physic test or chem test but on your emaan and all. I am going to recommend you a book that i think will help you. I want you to read Don't BE Sad. It book is an amazing book.

Islam!!yay

thank you bro/sis for answering .

And i want to make something clear .

I wont commit suicide or wasnt even think to . I just said that I had that feeling of commiting suicide . I know suicide is haram .

munawarah

assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

i would just like to say that whatever happens, happens for the best

keep asking allah for whatever u want: because he will always accept it

allah will either except ure prayer 1) now
2)give u something better later in life or
3)grant u additional reward in the hereafter

always have hope.

wassalaam

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum wr wb

ok, i have heard u say that before. and u know what? i've got the solution. we wonder why our dua's are not being excepted but check out this link. and am sure u do one of those things as teenager, i know how it feels to be. everytime my duas are not been excepted i blame my self not Allah. i blame my self because, Allah subhana wata'ala has asked me to be so pure and i can't be like that but i do my best. i hope u realize ur mistakes and get back to Allah subhana wata'ala. becoz we are not perfect.
teenagers....:SMILY153:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=251529#post251529

Maryam Sayyidina

Open up your mind

And also why doesnt allah answer my prayers on personal ones . Ive been asking for this dua for at least 2 years and allah has never answered
it and still asking allah for it . Its not a possesion or anything like that , that im asking for , its something in my mind that I want allah to fix . I cant do anything to fix it nor can doctors so only allah can because I think hes the one who made that way . So why when I ask the same dua for so long and allah doesnt answer it ?

[/QUOTE]

You praying 2 years for your personal wish? I was had that kind of moment. I got the answer of pray in the third year. Allah will answer your pray, soon or later. That Allah's promise. There are only chance like this when you wish something on your dua: the answer might be later, the answer might be soon, or what you wish for might be replaced according to Allah's will which is always better than what you wish.
So if yo feel you haven't got answer, think again, what your efforts to show to Allah that you deserve to get the wish, and how hard you try to fix it too.

Feel depressed? Then refresh:laughing-dancing:. All your mindset, your daily pray, and all your dzan - what you think about Allah.
Never ask why should you are the one who get the test :SMILY309:.. The answer you will get soon after the test over. Allah give the test because Allah's know you can handles all the problem.You better think that you can over all this tests and get though all this hard time. Insha Allah. Just say :bismillah1:

abu'muhammad

The Prophet's sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam Guidance on Recovery from the Affliction of Distress and Grief
Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Mukhtasar Zaad al-Ma`aad
© Nour E-Sham Book Centre

Ibn Abbas reported that Allah’s Apostle used to supplicate in times of trouble saying: "There is no god but Allah, the Great, the Tolerant, there is no god but Allah, the Lord of the Magnificent Throne; there is no god but Allah, the Lord of the heaven and the earth, the Lord of Edifying Throne.’

On the authority of at-Tirmidhi, who reported that Allah’s Apostle used to supplicate saying: "Allah, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining, I implore Thy mercy." Whenever afflicted with a grief, the Holy Prophet raised his hands in supplication and said: "Holy is Allah, the Great," then he would go on saying ‘Allah, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining."

Abu Dawud reported on the authority of Abu Bakr "The distressed could supplicate saying: Allah, I implore Thee to have mercy on me, do not leave me on my own even for just a blink of an eye; I implore Thee to improve my condition; there is no god but Allah."

In her turn Asmaa Bint Omais narrated that the Messenger of Allah addressed her saying: "Shall I teach you some words you would say at the time of distress? Alright, say, ‘There is no god but my Lord, I associate none with Him.’

Another narrator called Ahmed said: ‘Should a creature be afflicted with a grief, he must supplicate in the following manner: O Allah, I am your servant and the son of your servant and she-servant; my forelock is in Thy hand. Thou art decisive in Thy judgement, just in Thy trial, I ask Thee by every Name Thou have attached to Thyself, revealed in Thy Book, confided to any of Thy creatures or kept secret in the World of the Unseen, I beseech Thee earnestly to render the Holy Koran the Bloom of my heart, the light of my sight, the obliterator of my grief and remover of my distress."

Abu Dawud reported that the Messenger of Allah said to Abi Umamah: "Shall I teach you words which if you recite, Allah will blot out your grief and relieve you of your debts?" Abi Umamah said, "Oh, Yes!" The Holy Prophet then went on sayingAlright, always remember to supplicate in the morning and evening with the following words: "O Allah! I seek refuge with you from (worries) care and grief, from incapacity and laziness, from miserliness and cowardice, from being heavily in debt and from being overpowered by other men."
Abi Umamah said that he did as and Allah helped him overcome his grief and relieve him of his debt.

Ibn Abbas reported that the Holy Prophet said: "Whosoever begs for Allah’s forgiveness, Allah will relieve him of his grief, give him a way out of his distress and provide for him from whence he expects not."

Another Prophetic saying that goes to the same purport, goes as follows: "Seek strife in the cause of Allah, it is a gate conducive to the Garden and will verily ward off your cares and grief."

The Prophet also said: "When cares and grief hunt you, always recite, "there is no might and power but that of Allah."

Fifteen sort of remedies could be listed to resort to when afflictions of grief, cares and worries start playing within one’s heart:

Belief in One Lord
Belief that there is no god but Allah
Belief that Allah is Omniscient
Deanthropomorphism in understanding that Allah is not liable to wrong His servant, nor does He hold any responsible for anything he has no knowledge of
The servant’s confession that he is the wrongdoer
Supplication, using the most sacred thing in the Divine perspective, namely His Names and Attributes and the most inclusive ones, in particular: He is the Living (al-Hayy), the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining (al-Qayyoom).
Seeking refuge with Allah, only
The servant’s recognition that only Allah is worth yof making supplication to
Effecting complete dependence on Allah, resignation to Him and acknowledgement of the fact that one’s forelock is in Allah’s hand; He is decisive in His judgement and just in His decision
Complete absorption of the luminous words of the Holy Koran that can illuminate the dark areas of obscurities and lust
Seeking Allah’s forgiveness
Repentance
Fight in the way of Allah
Observance of prayer
Admitting incapacity, and conviction that there is no might and no power but that of Allah.

nori suja'i

u failed ur exam because Allah Wants to upgrade u,
our souls belong to Allah and pls dont ever try to commit suicide. do u want your body rotten under the ground but ur soul remain in this world like u are alive? as 'akheera' rejected ur soul.

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler
:bismillah:

Subhana'Allah, Allah gives us trials in our lives in order to test us in our faith. Allahu Alam but maybe Allah is testing you to see if you say "you know what Masha'Allah, Allah is the Lord of the Heavens and the Earth and what Allah wills will be. It is the qadr of Allah that you failed your test. And asking why or saying If I did this then this would have happened, it only open the doors for the shaytaan (and subhana'Allah that is in the Qur'an).

First you must be patient, think of it like this Masha'Allah it is only a test in this world, Allah (SWT) will not ask you why didn't you pass you physics test, but what He will ask you is why didn't my servant turn to Me and say Masha'Allah it was the qadr of Allah. So in these cases, including myself, we should not question Allah about why He didn't do something because Allah is the best of planners and maybe you might have failed a test in this world but maybe Allah in the Hereafter has something for you that is more better and everlasting.

So please do not ask why or say if because it opens the door for the shaytaan and it will only make you doubt your Lord. And knowing that good things and trials come from Allah is a pillar of Eman so Insha'Allah just say Masha'Allah it was the qadr of Allah and Insha'Allah next time please Allah help me and guide me to a right way and give me more in the hereafter (because the hereafter means way more then a physics test trust me). May Allah give us Eman in order so that we can have nur (light) on the day of judgment in order to pass over the siraatal-mustaqeem. Ameen.

I hope that I helped you feel better and if I didn't then Allahu Alam.

BinDre

Bored

pfft, you depressed just because some school test.
I know a person in real life that went through much much harder problem than this but still got their spirit up. He takes 2 hours walk in one trip, 4 hours walk every day to go to his school, but he never miss a school not even a single day.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Son, you better snap out of it. If a test is the most pressing issue in your life it means you are spoiled. So you failed one test...please.
How are you going to handle some real issues in life. This was a good thing. It will make you stronger. Life does not get good until you have some blisters on your fingers...so quit feeling sorry for yourself!!!

hellbraker

Some of you know me that im a pretty depressing person (dont let my profile picture fool you for what I really am ). Today I had a physics test which I failed which made me a more depressing person . At the start of junior year i made a commitment to study harder which I did . This test If you taught it to a 3 year old he would pass it , its very easy . The reason why I failed it is because I plugged in all the data ( and there were so many of them ) and when finish putting everything I decided to review everything in the table data and then I found something wrong and I was shocked and starting to freak out because one wrong then everything is . Which means I have to erase everything and do the whole calculations again and I freaked out because there were other stuff I had to do on the test that I didnt do yet and didnt have time . And then I found another mistake on the data which made my feelings drain . From then onwards I knew I was going to fail and all because of a simple calculation error .

Weeks before the test I asked allah to help me in my junior year (because its a very important year ) , even this morning when I prayed fajr I asked allah to help me so why allah didnt help me by finding this mistake sooner then later . It was because of that simple mistake I failed the test . So why allah didnt make me notice the error sooner before . I wonder If this was a test from allah . If it is why test me on a school test ? why dont test me like make me loose my ipod or money ?

Im really sad now guys . now I know the urging feeling to commit suicide . This school year is very important to me I cannot do bad this year and this test just made me feel like jumping of a building .

Trust me,I had experienced the same what you are going through.I started to fail in most of my subjects(not just one) while I was in my secondary school.My parents then moved me to my home country to continue my education hoping for the best.But things were not that smooth.I was sent to a boarding school.This was my first time I have been separated from my parents.I was so home sick! First of all I did not like the school,secondly I was failing here too.I used to cry in my classes.I used to get "single-digit" results after any tests or examination.I was so ashamed about myself,I asked God why is he making me suffer like this,but he never answered.I started to hurt myself.This was because,when the authorities see this,I may have a chance to not to go to school or that I may go home.
But I never stopped praying.There was a small chapel attached to the boarding school.I cried and prayed with all my strength.But still I was getting very low marks.I used to get a lot of beatings from the authorities,it did not pain me physically,but I felt the pain internally.
I remember when my parents met the principal,he said all the things that I lacked and not that I had.My mother felt bad and there was tears in her eyes.

I finished the first year in the school(actually I failed the year,but one of my relatives met with the principal and talked about me,so he let me pass).
The second year was better because adjusted myself.However I did not improve my grades in any way.I saw my classmates getting high marks,and in order to get over with my sadness,I used to show my result sheet with them and laugh with them.
I prayed to God to change me and from my current school.
I finished the second year as well but I did not pass to the next year.The principal said I should leave the school as they wont take a student like me for their prestigious school.I felt like a disgrace.However my wish came true.

I changed my school and found a new one.I had to repeat the year again(Actually it was my father's decision,he did not want me to progress unless I get the year I failed fixed).I really thank him for this decision.This new school completely changed the picture.
This school too was a boarding school.But I felt it like my own home.I got new friends,new loving teachers who actually cared.It was just awesome for me.I started high marks/grades right away.And I passed in Mathematics which was my worst subject but my father's favourite with 90% marks.I could not believe it.I then started to get high marks in all other the subjects too and I became one of the class toppers.My fellow classmates could not believe me when I said I was a failure before.
But my pride did not get the better of me.Since I know the feelings of a student getting low marks,I started to help my fellow friends in their studies and still Im helping.I love helping.

So all I can say is,Pray and have lots and lots of patience.Although you may feel low now,you have a bright future.You are in the hands of the creator.You dont have to worry a bit in this scenario.God is all loving and understanding.It is true that he gets angry sometimes because of our actions.This is a chance for change and not a chance for another complaint.

If you need help in any subjects,come to me.I may be able to help you in some ways.

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Asalam Alaikum

Ok so you failed your test but you have to have faith in the Qadr of Allah (Whatever Allah SWT wills). Allah does what is best for you, although you may not see it like that at the time. Maybe you failed because you aren't ready for the next stage of your education, or maybe you failed because Allah has something much better planned for you. Only Allah knows, but you have to have patience and complete trust in Allah SWT. If you don't trust in Allah then your plans can never be successful.
Sure you may become a millionare, but you know that it is Allah that you need to submit to and Allah's SWT laws and rules you must live by and of course not forgetting the Sunnah of our beloved prophet (pbuh).

Subhanallah! Awesome reply Jazakallah khair.
And brother check the bold lines. :salam2:

shichemlydia

salam alikoum

salam alikoum,
first i would like to remind you that we are here for test, this life is a test from the day you are born until you die,
second it is wrong to say why allah did not test me in my money, and my ipod or things like that , allah in the quran, says " he is not asked about what he does, and they are asked"
he also said "allah does what ever he wills".
so the falure in exam perhaps is the least of the tests, in this world you will see stronger tests than this, so be prepared, and the more you get in faith, the harder will be the test.
perhaps your failure in this test is better for you than success, believe me, i tried it in life where failure leads to situations that success does lead to.
prophet mohamed pbuoh, said " the matter of the believer is wonderful, if he gets good thing , and thanks allah, so this is good of him, and if he gets bad thing and be patient, this is also good for him"
so, please try to make your faith and confidance in allah stronger.
wa salam alikoum

sadia_21

Salam alaikum bro.

Maybe there is something behind delayying 2answer your prayers...
Take it in a positive manner even im a student I study but dont get that much marks than my friends do but then and there at times i get feeling tht y is it like that ALLAH.....but i thank allah for givin me that many marks rather than failing.

Maybe allah likes your way of praying...n he wants you to keep asking him more and more. Be patient your fruit will be very sweet.

Take care.