Imam hassan's marriages,divorces

MOSABJA

Well I have heard this from many people .But I have not found even no authentic proof that imam hassan Had a number of Marriages.

Some say that he used to marry and then instantly divorce his wives.

Some put the number of his marriages to 70,90,250,300 respectively.

Even it is recorded that one of his beautiful wives gave him poison .

I have heard some people saying that imam Hassan Actually married a number of times so as to increase the progeny of prophet Muhammad(SA)while others say it is just a MYTH and complete LIES .Imam hassan can never even do such a thing.As prophet Himself said that

"Among halal Divorce is the thing detested most"

How can Imam hassan do such a thing!!!

Now this is oppossed by shiah sources who say that Imam Hassan had only a few marriages.This explaination was taken from a Shiah Website

Some have reported 70 wives. Others have increased the number to 90. Still others have said 250 wives! The highest number is 300!

The first report of 70 wives is given by Abu'l-Hasan `Ali ibn Abdullah Al-Basri Al-Mada'ini, who died in 225 A.H. This man was a partisan of Bani Umayya - he was a freed slave of Sumra ibn Habib, an Umayyad.

Ubn Adi has said of him: He is not strong in Hadith. (Mizan al-I 'tidal, Vol.2, p.232, Lisan al-Mizan, Vol.4, p.253)

This Madaini does not say from where he got this number of 70.

The second report of 90 wives appears in Nur al-Absar of Shablanji who died in 1298 AH.

Reports of 250 and 300 wives are found in Quwwat al-Qulub (Vol. 2, p.246) of Abu Talib Makki who died in 380 A.H. He writes:

"Hasan ibn `Ali married 250 wives; and it is said that 300 wives. `Ali was very much annoyed and grieved by it, because when Hasan divorced a woman, `Ali felt embarrassment before her family. `Ali used to say that 'Hasan is habitual divorcer; you people should not give your daughters to him." Then a man from the tribe of Hamdan said:

'O amir al-Mu'minin, by God, we will give him our daughters; and he may retain whomsoever he wishes and may divorce whomsoever he dislikes.' Hearing it, `Ali was very much pleased and recited the following poem:

"If I would be in-charge of any gate of Paradise I would tell the tribe of Hamdan, 'Enter into Paradise with peace."

"Imam Hasan had likeness of the Prophet in facial features as well as in manners and character. The Holy Prophet told him, 'O Hasan, you are like me in features and character and manners.' Also he said, 'Hasan is from me and Husain is from `Ali.'

"Hasan, often married 4 wives in one sitting and then divorced 4 wives in one sitting.

The fact is that it was impossible for Imam Hasan to marry so many wives even if he wanted to. All the narrations imply that he started this alleged pursuit of pleasure during the Khilafat of his father in Kufa. `Ali came to Kufa in 37 Hijra. Imam Hasan had at least three wives in Kufa.

1. Khawal Fazariya, who was the mother of Hasan Muthanna (the grandfather of Muhammad Nafs al-Zakiyya). She survived Imam Hasan. This marriage had taken place in Medina.
2. Umm Ishaq bint Talha. She was the mother of Husain Athram, Talha and Fatima. This marriage also had taken place in Medina. She survived Imam Hasan; and was later married to Imam Husain.
3. Ju'da bint Ash-ath. This marriage took place in Kufa and she also survived Imam Hasan. (She poisoned him on instigation of Mu'aviya.)

Islam allows a man to marry up to four women at any given time. As Imam Hasan already had three wives, who were with him up to the last day of his life, he could marry only one more woman at any time.

Bearing in mind this limitation, one can only regard the statement of Quwwat al-Qulub with amusement: "Often he (Imam Hasan) married 4 wives in one sitting and then divorced them in one sitting." How could he marry 4 wives in one sitting when he already had 3 wives?

Now suppose that he married a fourth wife, and then divorced her. As long as that divorced wife was in 'idda (period of probation, normally 3 months) she was counted legally his wife, and Imam Hasan could not marry another wife before expiry of her 'idda.

Let us, now, suppose that he married a woman. As divorce cannot be given in a month in which co-habitation has taken place, the earliest that that wife could be divorced was in next month; her 'idda continued for 3 months. Thus, four months passed before Imam Hasan could be free to marry another wife. One wife in four months gives us a maximum of 3 wives in a year. Supposing that Imam Hasan had no other work except marrying and divorcing, as Mansur said, and if we count from 37 A.H. up to his martyrdom at the beginning of 51 A.H. to get a period of 14 years, this will give us a maximum number of 42 possible marriages.

And the minimum alleged by these scholars is 70 wives!

Abu Talib Makki says: "`Ali used to say that Hasan is a habitual divorcer; do not give him your daughters." The question is, why `Ali told people in public not to give Hasan their daughters? Had he, first, told Hasan not to divorce so much? If so, did Hasan disobey him? Nobody says that Hasan was, God forbid, a disobedient son. Even Abu Talib Makki admits that Hasan was like the Holy Prophet in facial features and in manners and character. Can a disobedient son be universally accepted as having the character and manner of the Holy Prophet?

Or did `Ali forbid people in public without first trying to restrain Hasan from this alleged behaviour?

Can `Ali be expected to do such a childish thing, degrading his heir-apparent in public, without first advising him accordingly? As both alternatives lead to absurdity, the only conclusion remains that this report was forged by someone who wanted to discredit both `Ali and Hasan by one fabrication.

Can any one just explain to me this whole thing.because it is necessary for us to understand things as Kuffars can easily taunt us on this issue

Salem9022

"Some put the number of his marriages to 70,90,250,300 respectively."

loooooooooooooooooooooooool wow There were 70 Billion Women he got Married to during the 7th Century? Where is this information from akhi?

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
"Some put the number of his marriages to 70,90,250,300 respectively."

loooooooooooooooooooooooool wow There were 70 Billion Women he got Married to during the 7th Century? Where is this information from akhi?
LoL bro, you are funny. Just read it like this 70 or 90 or 250 or 300.

Searching_soul

:salam2:

No dear brother..... he meant 70 , 90 , 250 or 300 wives...... not 7,090,250,300 wives... :)
i don't know how many wives imam hasan (rali) had. But i don't think it really matters how many he had.. he's one of the occupant of Paradise ....... Alhamdulillah.. That itself is enough for us.... We should study the morals all these companions of the prophet and the rightly guided people after them Taught us.... not go inspecting in their personal Lives.....its not for us... Allah (swt) knows the purity of their hearts and for what purpose they did such and such a thing... we dont know anything...... So i think the most intelligent person is some1 who learns from the morals and ethics and islamic laws that they taught us.....and be content wit it..... and seek Allah's forgiveness for any of our shortcomings......
May Allah (swt) guide us all...... :) ameen..... :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

MOSABJA

lol That could be the joke of the century.

YOu thought I was saying Imam Hasan had 7 billion wives.

Well now as you have understood what I am trying to say.

I am Just trying to get the right answer.Cuz It can become an easy slander.

Kuffar today just need a point to pick about Muslims.

The least number put about Imam's marriages are 70 by some historians.

I just want to know.There are many learned people here that IS IT A MYTH??

Or Did Imam Hasan Really did that.I mean Divorcing Existing wives and taking new.And If He did then whats the Hikmah.Is increasing prophet's progeny a Hikmay or is it Just a myth.