Takhreej of Kitaab at Tawheed

Salem9022

Takhreej of Kitaab at Tawheed
© SalafiManhaj 2004
www.salafimanhaj.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------

AT TAWHEED

Allah says: “And I created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship me(alone)” (51:56)

“And verily, we have sent among every ummah (community nation) a Messenger [proclaiming]: “Worship Allah [Alone] and avoid all false gods besides Allah [at-Taaghoot]” [16:36]

“And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him” (17:23-24)

“Worship Allah and join none with Him” (4:36)

“Say: “Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from Join not anything with Him...This He has commanded you that you may understand” (6:151)

Ibn Mas’ood said: “Whoever wants to have a look at the will that Muhammad placed his seal upon, then let him recite the Most High’s saying; “Say: “Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from Join not anything with Him….and surly this is my straight path” [Shaykh Sulayman Ibn Abdul Wahhab said: “This report is recorded by At Tirmidhee who graded it hasan, Ibn Al Mundhir, Ibn Abee Haatim, at Tabaranee similarly, and Abu Ubayd and Abd Ibn Humayd reported similarly from al Rabi’a Bin Khuthaym” At Tirmidhee’s wording is: “Whoever takes pleasure in looking at the page which has the seal of Muhammad on it then let these people recite the ayat” and the rest is the same. So it does not contain the word ‘will’. Albaanee comments after the text with At Tirmidhee, “weak isnaad” Da’eef Sunan at-Tirmidhee]

The Prophet said: “The right of Allah upon His worshippers (al Ibaad) is that they worship Him and do not associate anything with Him; and the right of the worshippers (al Ibaad) upon Allah is that those who do not associate anything with Him will not be punished.” (Agreed upon)

Salem9022

Chapter 1

Chapter 1: The Virtue of Monotheism and what it removes of sin

Allah says: “It is those who believe and do not adulterate their faith with dhulm (wrongdoing) for them [only] is there safety and they are rightly-guided” (6:82)

Allah’s Messenger said: “Whoever testified that none is worthy of worship except Allah Alone without partners and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger and that Jesus is His slave and Messenger and His Word which was bestowed upon Mary and a Spirit (created) from Him and that Paradise and Hell are realities, Allah will admit him to Paradise, whatever his deeds might be.” (Bukhari)

The Prophet said: “Indeed, Allah has forbidden from Hell the person who testifies that none is worthy of worship except Allah, seeking nothing by it but Allah’s face” (Agreed upon)

Aboo Sa’eed Al Khudree, May Allah be pleased with him, reported that Allah’s Messenger said; “Moses said: “O lord! Teach me something I can remember you and call upon you with!” He said, “O Moses! Say La Ilaha Illallah” He said, ‘But all your worshippers say this’ He said, ‘O Moses! If the seven heavens and what is in them other than me, and the seven earths were in a pan (of the scale) and La Ilaha Illallah was in another pan, then La Ilaha Illallah would outweigh them” [Reported by Ibn Hibbaan #2324 and Al Haakim in ‘Al Mustadrak’ 1/528-529, Adh Dhahabee agreed, Ibn Hajr graded it saheeh in ‘Al Fath’ 11/208, Al Albaanee declared it da’eef in Da’eef Mawaarid
Az Zamaan #295]

Allah’s Messenger said: “Allah, Said: “Oh, son of Adam! Were you to come to me with the world full of sins and meet me without associating any partner with me, I would come to you with a similar amount of forgiveness.” (Reported by At Tirmidhee (3540) declared good (hasan) by Albaanee in Saheeh Jaami as Sagheer)

Salem9022

Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Whoever Fulfilled the Requirements of Monotheism will enter

Paradise without a reckoning Allah says: “Verily, Abraham was an ummah (leader good and righteous) qaanit (obedient to Allah) Haneefa (worshipping none but Allah) and he was not one of the polytheists” (16:120)

“And those who join not anyone as partners with their Lord” (23:57-60)

The Prophet said: “All the nations were made to pass before me and I saw a Prophet with a small group and a Prophet with only one or two men and a Prophet with none. Then there was shown to me a large number of people which I thought to be my nation but it was said to me: “This is Moses and his people.” Then I looked and saw a huge crowd at which it was said to me: “These are your people: Among them are 70’000 who will enter Paradise without a reckoning or punishment.”Then he got up and went to his house and the people began to discuss who they might be: Some of them said: “Perhaps they are the Companions of the Messenger of Allah others said: “Perhaps they are those who were born in Islam and have never associated any partners with Allah. While they were talking, the Messenger of Allah came out and they informed him. He said: “They are those who did not ask for ruqyah, nor practice treatment by cauterization, nor believe in good or bad omens - but depend upon and trust in their Lord” ‘Ukashah Ibn Mihsan stood up and said: “Ask Allah for me that I be one of them” He said: “You are one of them.”Then another man stood and said: “Ask Allah that I be one of them.” He said: “Ukashah has preceded you.” (Agreed upon, “We say that the extra phrase reported in Saheeh Muslim, “… and they did not do ruqyah… is a dubious addition that is not saheeh. The correct wording is only “Those who did not ask for ruqyah.” [Liqa’ al-Baab al-Maftooh by Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 55/121])

Salem9022

Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Fear of Polytheism (shirk)

Allah says: “Verily Allah forgives not that partners be set up with Him but He forgives less than that to whom He pleases and whoever sets up partners with Allah, he has indeed invented an enormous wrong” (4:48)

“And when Abraham said: “My Lord! Make this city one of peace and security, and keep me and my sons away from worshipping idols (asnaam)” (13:35)

The Prophet said:“Of the things which I fear for my nation, the thing which I fear most is minor polytheism. Then he was asked about minor polytheism and he said: “Ar riyaa (showing off)” (Declared saheeh by Al Albaanee in Saheeh at Targheeb #29)

The Messenger of Allah said: “Whoever died while supplicating another deity other than Allah, will enter the Fire.” (Bukhari):

Allah’s Messenger said: “Whoever meets Allah without associating partners with Him, will enter Paradise and whoever meets Him associating anything with Him will enter the Fire” (Muslim)

Salem9022

Chapter 4

Chapter 4: The-Call to testify that none is Worthy of Worship except Allah

Allah says: “Say (O Muhammad): “This is my way; I invite unto Allah with sure
knowledge, I and whosoever follows me. And Glorified and Exalted is Allah and I am not of the polytheists”
(12:108)

Allah’s Messenger said when he sent Mu’aadh to Yemen: “You are going to a people who are from the People of the Book: So the first thing to which you call them should be the testimony that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah”

And in another narration: “that they testify to the Oneness of Allah” “And if they obey you in that then inform them that Allah has made compulsory upon them five prayers every day and night. And if they obey you in that, then inform them that Allah has made incumbent upon them a charity (Zakah) which is to be taken from the rich among them and given to their poor. And if they obey you in that then be careful not to take the best of their wealth (as Zakah), and be careful of the supplication of those who have suffered injustice, for there is no obstacle between it and Allah” (Agreed upon)

And in another hadeeth in Bukhari: "Be afraid of the supplication of the oppressed, for verily the supplication of the oppressed is answered."

Allah’s Messenger said to Ali: “Advance with ease and gentleness until you arrive in their midst, then call them to Islam and inform them of their duties to Allah in Islam. By Allah! If He may guide through you a single man to Islam, it would be better for you than red camels.” (Agreed upon)

Salem9022

Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Explaining Tawheed and the Testimony of La Ilaha Illallah

Allah says: “Those whom they call upon desire [for themselves] means of access to their Lord” [17:57]

"And [remember] when Abraham said to his father and his people: "Verily, I am innocent of what you worship, except Him who did create me and He will certainly guide me" [42:26-27]

Allah says:"They took their rabbis and monks as Lords beside Allah" [9:31]

And His (Allah’s) statement: “And among mankind are those who take others besides Allah, as rivals [to Allah]: They love them as they should love Allah” [2:165]

In the Saheeh it is reported that the Prophet said: “Whoever said: “La Ilaha Illallah” and rejected all that is worshipped besides Allah, Allah has forbidden the taking of his property and the spilling of his blood and his account will be for Allah, the Almighty the All-powerful.” [Muslim]

This topic, containing the greatest and most important of issues that is the explanation of Tawheed and the explanation of the Shahaadah is detailed further with clear examples in subsequent chapters. From them, the ayah of al Israa, containing a clear refutation of the polytheists who call upon the righteous, in this is the proof that such behavior is major shirk, From them, the ayah of Baraa’ah (at Tawbah) explaining that the people of the book took their rabbis and monks as lords other than Allah. And it explains that they were commanded to only worship one God, so it clearly refers, with no doubts, to obeying their learned and pious in sin, it does not refer to their calling upon them.

From them the saying al Khaleel’s saying to the disbelievers; “Surely I am innocent of what you worship, except for the one who created me” He made an exception for his Lord among those who are worshipped. And Allah mentioned this disavowal and this allegiance as the meaning of the testimony to La Ilaha Illallah, He said: “And he made it a commandment remaining among his offspring that perhaps they may return to” (43:28)

From them the ayah of al Baqarah where Allah said about the disbelievers; “And they will not come out of the fire” He mentioned that they loved the rivals as they loved Allah, (2:167) showing that they had a great love for Allah, yet they did not enter into Islam, so what about one who loves the rival more than he loves Allah and how about the one who loves the rivals but not Allah?

From them, the saying of the Prophet ; “Whoever says La Ilaha Illallah, and disbelieves in what is worshipped other than Allah, his wealth and blood is unlawful, and his reckoning is with Allah”

This is among the greatest explanations of the meaning of La Ilaha Illallah, for he did not make the mere utterance of it shelter for ones blood and wealth, not even knowing its meaning and its utterance, nor its acknowledgement, nor even that he does not call upon Allah alone without partners. No, but he did not declare his wealth and his blood unlawful until he attached to that the disbelief in what is worshipped other than Allah. So if he doubts this or hesitates, his blood and wealth are not unlawful. So what a tremendously important issue it is, and what a clear explanation and proof it is, such that it ends all debate.

Salem9022

Chapter 6

Chapter 6: It is an Act of polytheism to wear Rings or Threads or the like as a Means of Prevention or Lifting of Afflictions

Allah says: “ Say: “Tell me then, the things that you invoke besides Allah - if Allah intended some harm to me, could they remove His harm, or if He intended some mercy for me, could they withhold His Mercy?” Say: “Sufficient for me is Allah; in Him those who trust [the true Believers must put their trust.” (39:38)

Imran Ibn Hussein reported that the Prophet saw a man wearing a brass bracelet on his arm. He said what is this? He said, ‘It is for [protection] against wahinah’. He said, ‘Take it off, it will only increase your weakness, for if you died while it was on you, you would never have success’ [Reported by Ahmad in his Musnad 4/445 and this is his wording, reported by Ibn Maajah in his Sunan #3531 by way of Mubaarak from Al Hasan from Imran Ibn Hussein with it, And Al Boosayree said in ‘Al Zawaa’id’ “Its chain of narration is hasan, for the reason that this Mubaarak is Ibn Fudaalah” But it is not as he said, for indeed Mubaarak is a mudallis (reports by way of tadlees) and reports by way of an’anah. And the hadeeth was declared weak (da’eef) by Ash Shaykh All Albaanee in Ad Da’eefah #1029 who said: “It has 2 weaknesses: 1) The an anah of al Mubaarak who is Ibn Fudaalah and he was a mudallis, 2) It is disconnected between al Hasan & Imran Ibn Hussein since he did not hear from him as was declared by Ibn Al Madeenee and Aboo Haatim” and reported by Al Haakim 4/216 who declared it saheeh and Adh Dhahabee agreed)

And he also has a marfoo report from Uqbah Ibn Aamir; “Whoever wears a charm, may Allah not protect him, and whoever wears a shell, may Allah not protect him” [Reported by Ahmad in his Musnad 4/154 and Al Haakim in ‘Al Mustadrak 4/417 who graded it saheeh and Adh Dhahabee agreed. Albaanee declared it weak in Ad Da’eefah #1266, Da’eef Al Jaami as Sagheer #5703, due to one of its narrators however in As Saheehah #492, he brings it after the following wording that mentions shirk, also narrated from Uqbah, so it seems that the second wording quoted is the more correct]

And in one narration; “Whoever wears an amulet has committed an act of polytheism.” (Ahmad (4/152) & Al Haakim (4/417) Al Albaanee declared it authentic (saheeh) in ‘As Saheehah’ #492)

Salem9022

Chapter 7

Chapter 7: The use of incantations and amulets

Abu Basheer Al- Ansari said that he was with the Messenger of Allah on one of his journeys when he sent a messenger to tell the people: “Let not any necklace of bowstring or any other kind of necklace remain on the necks of your camels, except that it is cut off”. [Agreed upon]

The Messenger of Allah said: “Incantations (ar-ruqa), amulets (tamaa`im) and love charms (tiwalah, in order to make a person fall in love with another)are all forms of polytheism” (Ahmad and Abu Dawood declared authentic (saheeh) by Al Albaanee in Saheeh Abu Dawood as-Saheehah, 331 & 2972)

The Prophet said: “Whoever wore something (around his neck) will be put in its charge.” (Ahmad and At-Tirmidhee, declared good (hasan) by Al Albaanee in Ghayaat Al Maram #297)

Tamaa`im (charms) are things that were put on children to ward off the evil eye. Some of the salaf made an exception for it if it contained something from The Qur’an, while others did not, they still considered it among the prohibited, among the latter was Ibn Mas’ood, may Allah be pleased with him.

Ruqyah is that which is known as azaa’im [incantation], if it is proven to be free of shirk, then Allah’s Messenger permitted it in the case of the evil eye and for poisonous stings.

Tiwalah is something that they did with the claim that it makes a woman more beloved by her husband, or vice versa.

Ruwaifa’ said: “Allah’s Messenger said to me: “ Oh, Ruwaifa’! It is probable that your life will be a long one, so inform the people that whoever tied his beard, or wore a bowstring, or cleaned his privates using animal dung or a bone, Muhammad is innocent of him.” (Ahmad, declared authentic (saheeh) by Al Albaanee Saheeh Al Jaami as Sagheer)

It is reported on the authority of Sa’eed Ibn Jubair that he said: “Whoever cut an amulet from a person, it will be for him as if he had freed a slave.” (Narrated by Wakee’, Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen said that this is what enters into analogy (Qiyaas))

on the authority of Ibraheem An-Nakha’i is that he said: Also from Wakee’
“They used to hate amulets whether they were from the Qur’an or from other sources”

Salem9022

Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Whoever seeks blessing from a Tree, Stone, or Any Such Thing

Allah says: “Have you seen Al-Laat and Al-‘Uzzaa and another, the third, Manaat?” (53:19- 22)

Abu Waqid Al-Laithi said: “We were travelling with the Prophet to Hunain, when we had only recently abandoned disbelief and the polytheists had a lotus-tree at which they used to worship and upon which they used to hang their weapons. They called it: Dhat Anwaat. So we said to Allah’s Messenger : “Make for us a Dhat Anwaat like theirs,” at which the Messenger of Allah said: “Allaahu Akbar! Verily, that which you have said - by Him in Whose Hand is my soul - is the same as was said by the Children of Israel to Moses: “Make for us a god such as the gods which they have.” Then He said: “Verily, you are an ignorant people who will follow the way of those who were before you.” (Tirmidhee #2180, who declared it “hasan saheeh”, declared authentic (saheeh) by Al Albaanee in Saheeh Jaami as Sagheer #3201)

Salem9022

Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Concerning Slaughter Dedicated to Other Than Allah

Allah says: “Say: “Verily, my prayer, my slaughter, my life and my death are [all] for Allah, the Lord of the worlds. He has no partner: This am I commanded, and I am the ”first of those who submit (6:162-163)

“Therefore pray to your Lord and slaughter [animals in His Name only]” (8:102)

Ali said: “Allah’s Messenger told me four things: “Allah has cursed the one who
slaughters in the name of other than Allah; Allah has cursed the one who curses his parents; Allah has cursed the one who protects and shelters the one who innovates a heresy into the religion; Allah has cursed the one who alters the land-marks”
(Muslim)

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
jazak Allahu khayra

:ma::ma: that was sooo important jazak Allahu khayra fro sharing may Allah(SWT) increase ur knowledge ameen:tti_sister:

Salem9022

Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Do Not Slaughter in the Name of Allah at a Place Where Animals Are slaughtered in the Name of Others beside Him

Allah says: “Do not ever stand [in prayer] therein. There is a mosque whose foundation was laid on piety from the first day. It is more worthy of your standing [for prayer] therein. In it are men who love to be purified; and Allah loves those who purify [themselves after answering the call of nature]” (9:108)

A man vowed to sacrifice a camel at a place called Buwanah and he asked the Prophet about it. He said to him: “Does the place contain any of the idols from the time of the days of ignorance?” They said: “No.” He then asked: “Did the kuffar (disbelievers) hold any of their (religious) festivals there?” They replied: “No.” So the Messenger of Allah said: “Then fulfill your vow, for verily, vows, which entail disobedience to Allah or that which is beyond the capacity of the son of Adam, should not be fulfilled.” (Abu Dawood #3313 Hajr Al Asqaalani declared it authentic (saheeh) in At Talkhees #2550)

Salem9022

Chapter 11

Chapter 11: A Vow to another besides Allah is Polytheism

Allah says: “They perform their vows, and they fear a Day whose evil is spread far and wide” “And whatever you spend in charity or whatever vow you make, be sure Allah (76:7) knows it all.” (2:270)

The Prophet said: “Whoever vowed to obey Allah he should do so, and whoever vowed to disobey Him, should not do so.” (Bukhari)

Salem9022

Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Seeking Refuge in Other than Allah is Polytheism

Allah says: “And there were persons among mankind who took shelter with persons among the jinn, but they [only] increased them in fear and misguidance” (72:6)

Allah’s Messenger said: Whoever visited an abode and said: “I seek refuge in the Most Perfect Words of Allah, from the evil of what He has created,” no harm shall befall him until he departs from that place.” (Muslim)

Salem9022

Chapter 13

Chapter 13: It is Polytheism to Seek Aid from Othen then Allah

Allah says: "Now call on any besides Allah, such can neither profit you, nor hurt you. If you do, then you will surely be one of the wrongdoers" (10:106)

"If Allah does touch you with hurt, there is none can remove it but He: If he desires some benefit for you, there is none can keep back His favour: He causes it to reach whomsover of His slaves He wills, and He is the Most Forgiving, Most Merciful" (10:107)

"You do naught but worship idols Besides Allah, and you invent falsehood. The things that you worship besides Allah have no power to give you sustenance: Then seek you sustenance from Allah, worship Him and be grateful to Him: To Him will you return" (29:17)

"And who is more astray than one who calls Upon other than Allah, such as wil not answer him until the Day of Resurrection, and who are [even] unaware of their calls to them. And when mankind are gathered [on the Day of Resrrection], they [the false deities] will become enemies to them and will deny their worshipping" (46: 5-6)

"Is not He [better than your gods] who respnds to the distressed one, when he calls Him, and who removes the evil, and makes you inheritors of the earth [generation after generation], is there any deity with Allah? Little it is that you bear in mind" (27:62)

At Tabaranee reports with his chain of narration that; "During the time of the Prophet there was a hypocrite troubling the believers. Someone said; 'Come with us to seek help from Allah's Messenger against this hypocrite' So The Prophet said; 'There is no seeking help from me, only seeking help from Allah' [in Shaykh Al Fawzaan's Kitaab At Tawheed it is mentioned that this is da'eef, Al Haythamee said: "Its men are the men of the saheeh other than Ibn Lahee'ah and he is acceptable (hasan) in hadeeth" Majmaa Az-Zawaa'id 10/159]

Salem9022

Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Concerning Allah's Words: "Will they associate [with me] those that do not create but are [themselves] created - those that can bring them no victory?"

"Will they associate [with me] those that do not create, but are [themselves] created - those that can bring them no victory?" (7:191-192)

"And those whom you call upon instead of Him, own not even the thin membrane covering a date-stone. If you call upon them, they hear not your call and even were they to hear. they could not grant it to you and on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your ascribing them as partners [with Allah]. And none can inform you like He [the All-knowing]" (35:13-14)

The Prophet was struck during the battle of Uhud, and one of his molar teeth was broken, at which he said: "How can a people ever be successful, when they strike their Prophet?" and so it was revealed: "the matter is not for your decision" (3:128) (Muslim)

It is reported on the authority of Ibn Umar that he heard the Messenger of Allah saying as he reaised his head from bowing, in the second rak'ah of fajr prayer: "Oh, Allah!Curse so and so and so and so," after saying: "Sami' Allahu Liman Hamidah," and: "Rabbana wa Lak Al-Hamd." And so Allah revealed: "The matter is not for your decision..."." (Bukhari)

It is reported on the authority of Abu Hurairah that when this verse was revealed: "And warn your nearest kinsmen" (26:214) Allah's Messenger stood up and said: "Oh, you people of Quraish (or something Similar)! Save your own Souls! I possess nothing with which to protect you from Allah. Oh, ' Abbas Ibn 'Abdul Muttalib! I possess nothing with which to protect you from Allah. Oh, Safiyyah, aunt of the Messenger of Allah! I possess nothing with which to protect you from Allah. O, Fatime Bint Muhammad! Ask me of what I have anything you like; I posses nothing with which to protect you from Allah." (Agreed upon)

Salem9022

Chapter 15

Chapter 15: the Words of Allah, Most Hight: "Until when terror is removed from their hearts they will say: "What is it that your Lord has said?" They will say: "The Truth; and He is the Most High, the Most Great.""

"Until when terror is removed from their hearts, they will say: "What is it that your Lord has said?" They will say: "The Truth; and He is the Most High, the Most Great."" (34:23)

The Prophet said: "When Allah orders a matter in the heaven, the angels beat their wings in humility and submission to his Words & the sound is like a sound of a chain on smooth rocks; they continue to do so until it enters their hearts. Then, when fear has been removed from their hearts, they say: "What has your Lord said?" They (the others) reply: "The Truth and He is the Most High," "and he hears the Words (of Allah) and transmits them to the one below him and he transmits it to the one below and so on, until it reaches the tongue of the magician or the fortune-teller and sometimes the meteorite strikes him before he can convey the news and sometime he conveys it before he is struck and then he adds a 100 lies to what he heards and it is said: "Did not he tell such and such on such and such a day?" Then he is believed because of these Words which were overheard from the heaven" (Bukhari)

Salem9022

Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Intercession

Allah says: "And warn by it, those who fear to be gathered to their Lord: Besides Him they will have no protector, nor intercessor: That they may become pious, God-fearing" (6:51)

"Say" "To Allah belongs all intercession. To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and to Him you shall all return"" (39:44)

"Who is it that can intercede in His presence, except as he permits?"
(2:255)

"And no matter how many be angels in the heavens, their intercession will avail nothing except after Allah has given leave for whom he wills and pleases" (53:26)

"Say: "Call upon those whom you claim [as gods] besides Allah: They have no power, not the weight of an atom - in the heavens or on the earth. no share have they therein, nor is any of them a helper to Allah. No intercession can avail with Him, except for those for whom He has granted permission. So much so that, when terror is removed from their hearts, they will say: "That which is true and just; and He is the Most Hight, Most Great."" (34:22-23)

Ibn Taymeeyah said: "Allah has negated all that the polytheists do in worship: Such as the belief that any besides Allah possesses sovereignty or has any share in soveregnty, or aid, so that naught remains except intercession and he has made plain that the intercession is not possible except by His permission for the intercessor and the Hadith of Major Intercession also supports this, for in it is (the Words of Allah on the Day of Resurrection: "Raise your head and ask and it shall be given; intercede and it will be accepted." (Bukhari) And it will not be accepted unless Allah is pleased with the one for whom intercession is sought, as it proved by the Words of Him, Most High: "And they offer no intercession except for those with whom He is well-pleased" and Allah is not well pleased except with the people of monoetheism as evidenced by the Hadith: On behalf of whom will your intercession be Oh, Messenger of Allah? He replied: "him who says: None has the right to be worshipped by Allah (La IIaha IIIallah), sincerely, from his heart." (Bukhari)

Salem9022

Chapter 17

Chapter 17: the Words of Allah, The Most High: "verily, you will not guide everyone whom you love, but Allah guides whom he wills"

"Verily, you guide not whom you love" (28:56)

When death approached Abu Talib, Allah's Messenger came to him and with him were 'Abdullah Ibn Abi Umayyah and Abu Jahl. The Prophet said to his uncle: "oh uncle! Say: La IIaha IIallah a word by which I will plead for you with Allah" But they said: "Will you reject the faith of 'Abdul Muttalib?' And the Messenger of Allah repeated his words and again they repeated their question, and so the last testament of Abu Talib was that he reamined upon the religion of 'Abdul Muttalib and he refused to say: La IIaha IIIallah. So the Messenger of Allah said: "Verily, I wil continue to ask forgiveness for you until I am forbidden to do so." Then Allah revealed:

"it is not for the Prophet or those who believe with him to ask forgiveness for the polytheists, even though they be their close relative after it has been made plain to them that they are of the people of the Hell-fire" (9-113)

And concerning Abu Talib, he revealed: "Verily, you will not guide everyone whom you love, but Allah guides whom He wills" (Agreed upon)