what you learned from Jumu3a?

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2:

What you learned from Jumu3a (Friday lecture) Today?

Let us try to post what we learned from the katib/imam for every friday!!!

It could be just one sentence, a hadith, or a summary!!!

it's okay if it is a redundant. we are humans/insan (one who forgets). we need to remind ourself to keep our iman strong...

Alright brothers and sisters, click on [post reply] and share :D

cmelbouzaidi

Assalamu alaikoum

I did not go to Jumu3a today (at home with kids), I am a sister. However, last Sunday one of the sisters dear in our community organized a meeting for the local sisters to discuss a lecture she had attended at a masjid in Orlando. The subject was "The Fundamentals of Tawheed" (based on the book by Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips). It was very beneficial, especially for reverts, but also for some born Muslims that may unknowingly, some of the time, get caught up in things that take them away from the essence of Tawheed, the realizing and maintaining of Allah's unity in all of man's actions which directly or indirectly relate to Him (Allah), according to Dr. Philips.

This book seems like a must read, has anyone read the book by Dr. Philips already?

Jazak Allahu Khair.

Wassalam

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum,

Im in New York City and what i had learned in Jum3ah today was something i never knew much about....

I learned that borrowing money from someone and ur not truely in need of it is haram.

The Messenger of Allah said, “Whoever takes people’s money (by debt) with the intention of paying it back, Allah will pay it back on his behalf, and whoever takes it with the intention of usurping it, Allah will destroy him.”

This is WHAT SHOCKED ME THE MOST was:

"Everything will be forgiven to the shaheed (martyr in the cause of Allah) except debt."

The prophet Hated debts and he warned of it:

The Prophet (peace be on him) would not pray the funeral prayer for a person who had died in a state of indebtedness, not leaving behind enough property to repay his loans; he did this in order to discourage others from such an end. In later years, when Allah had enriched him from the spoils of war, he paid the debts of such persons and led their funeral prayers.

The Prophet (peace be on him) disliked the Muslim's being in debt. He always asked Allah's protection from indebtedness, saying, "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from the burden of debt and from the anger of men."

'O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from sin and debt.' He was asked, 'Why do you so often seek the protection of Allah from debt?' He replied, 'One who is in debt tells lies and breaks promises.

salam,

a_brother

Make dua for us all

Jazakomo-Allah-Kair for sharing

Masjid i go to, the imam started a series about Death...

last friday, he talked about Dajal, He said...

the biggest fitna since Adam is Dajal's fitna... he'll be giving certain powers where he'll deceive people... Our prophet said to get away from him, if one knows that Dajal is in a certain city, he should get AWAY, no matter how strong is your iman... one with a strong iman, might end up kafir after he sees Dajal... Dajal would go to all places except makka and madina!
here is a lecture about Dajal by Billal Phillip
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dajal+phillip&search_type=

This Friday, He talked about Prophet Isa (Jesus) when he'll come back

He mainly talked about Isa's (SAW) life
Isa would come and fight Dajal... When Dajal sees Isa (AS), Dajal would disolve like salt dissolving in water
Isa (AS) life story...
http://www.anwary-islam.com/prophet-story/isa.htm

main purpose of kutba... ARE WE READY FOR DEATH????

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: dear sister,

Thanks for giving this explanation of the lecture at the masjid you attend today. This is a very interesting topic. I have a question, are credit cards haram in Islam? If they are allowed, do they have to be paid off in full each month to the institution to avoid the accumulation of interest on the debt or should credit cards be avoided altogether as one is spending money one doesn't really have (especially here in the US)?

Jazak Allahu Khair.

:wasalam:

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum,

The Answer to whether Credit Cards is haram or not:

Sale for Deferred Payment (Credit)

While it is best to buy an article by paying cash, it is also permissible to buy on credit by mutual consent. The Prophet (peace be on him) bought some grain from a Jew, to be paid for at specific time, pledging his coat of mail as security. (Reported by al-Bukhari.)

A group of jurists are of the opinion that, should the seller increase his price if the buyer asks for deferred payments, as is common in installment buying, the price differential due to the time delay resembles interest, which is likewise a price for time; accordingly, they declare such sales to be haram. However, the majority of scholars permit it because the basic principle is the permissibility of things, and no clear text exists prohibiting such a transaction. Furthermore, there is, on the whole, no resemblance to interest in such a transaction, since the seller is free to increase the price as he deems proper, as long as it is not to the extent of blatant exploitation or clear injustic, in which case it is haram. Al-Shawkani says, "On the basic of legal reasons, the followers of Shafi'i and Hanafi schools, Zaid bin 'Ali, al-Muayyid Billah, and the majority of scholars consider it lawful." (Nayl al-awtar, vol. 5, p. 153. Al-Shawkani said, "We have compiled a treatise on this subject and have called it 'Shifa al'ilal fi hukum ziyadat al-thamam li mujarrad al-ajal' (The Reason for Increasing the Price Due to Lapse of Time), and have researched it thoroughly.")

salam,

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Love Notes- Marriage and Family life

Love- [Marriage and Family life]:hearts:
  • You should prepare for love because one day it will come and hit you and when it does, it will hit you hard!
  • Kids are often separated from the parents; culture is way different
  • Level of maturity is going down in this culture
  • Many people nowadays base “love” off of what Western culture thinks it is
  • Marriage is based on two things: “Love, and mercy” they are two wings; when one goes down the other goes up higher; most marriages apparently are running solely on mercy
_________

Love is a LIFE EXPERIENCE

• This is Fiqh of Love’s ‘juice’, just a little bit: “spirit of love”
  • When Prophet Muhammad :)saw:) died, Aisha (RA) was only 18.
  • Fiqh means understanding
  • ‘Ulema = muslim scholars

1) Hubb Uthri = Noble Love
  • Romantic (associated with pain/grief, sorrow)
  • Feelings
  • Conjunction between two scattered parts of souls mismatched in the upper universe
  • Some believed love didn’t start in earth but in heaven
  • Love is something within the soul itself
  • they love each other for certain qualities/some similarities

"And among His Signs is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect." (Ar-Rum 30:21)

-Love and MERCY = 2 fundamental parts of love:ma:

definitions of Love:
  • Strong positive regards
  • Passion
  • Beloved one
  • Deep feeling of desire
  • Enjoyment
  • Intense feeling given freely

*Real love is unconditional* (not “If you loved me, you’d take out the trash!”:angryblue:) Don’t put limits or conditions on love

*Arabic alphabet has certain meanings, subhana Allah*:SMILY252:
makharijal huroof
take for example the letter “Sheen”
its definition: al-intishaar: spreading out
so cool because, words with SHEEN give same feeling!
Shams in Arabic = SUN à sun spreads warmth, light
Shajarah in Arabic = TREE à tree spreads branches, shade

Qaaf in Arabic is a powerful letter, comes from throat
one of most powerful letters of Arabic alphabet
words with Qaaf imitate its ‘personality’
Quwa in Arabic means POWER
Qalam in Arabic means PEN (there is a certain power in writing)

Daad = explosions of earth
dufda' --> frog
ard --> earth (explosions happening in it)
(my own example: “Daaleen” from end of Surah fatiha : transgressors)

HUBB in Arabic means LOVE
  • starts with letter HAA (thick haa) ; comes from throat, inside
  • love usually chokes people
  • gives feeling of being overwhelmed
  • sighing
  • Ends with letter BAA : coming from lips/kiss/outside
  • “Love starts with inside to outside
  • Starts with a feeling from inside and then manifests itself in a kiss/physical way
  • Other Arabic words with HAA and BAA
  • HABBA: seed--> a seed grows--> love grows
  • HABAB: white --> pure --> love should be pure, having no strains, no restrictions/conditions
Some people give philosophical, psychological, spiritual, intellectual meanings to love
-for some, love is the same as desire
-sentiments
-Romantic love: most popular: does not end with fulfillment; usually breaks hearts, is tragic, etc.
-Moral and sacrificial love: ex: Love for this Deen, love for Allah and RasulAllah salAllahu alayhi wassalam

Here we are talking about: Passionate Love
-some people think of love as an intellectual experience
-“you control it” –they think
-they think love (ishq) shouldn’t control man
(but it does: LOL[laughter])

Love is there especially when = resemblance/similarities with another person*

--> Best marriage = between similar people/all about natural characteristics
:SMILY252::SMILY259:

cmelbouzaidi

Jazak Allahu Khair for the response sister.

If I could also ask, on perhaps a connected issue..... A lot of people in this country are not able to make their house payments as they bought houses at inflated prices and now the housing market is dire and many people are foreclosing on their loans. The No.1 spot for foreclosure is Detroit Michigan, as the motor industry continues to make layoffs as the economy goes down the tubes. It has occured to me that there is a large arab and Muslim population in Dearborn Michigan (a suburb of Detroit).... If some such people foreclose on their house or declares bankrupcy, is this haram?

I know a lot of people, and we did this when we were home owners (this is something we will avoid in France, Insha Allah, May Allah forgive us) borrow conventional loans from banks for mortgages and from what I understand now, this is haram, because of interest. In countries that follow Islamic Law carefully (maybe Indonesia??), do people only buy houses if they have the whole sum to buy upfront? I have heard there are Islamic ways of doing mortgages but I do not know anything about it, if anyone could enlighten, please? Is it better, if you live somewhere where houses are expensive to rent instead? My husband and I want to make a better effort to stay away from anything suspicious when we start our new life in Paris in a few weeks, Insha Allah, if Allah will give us the chance to mend our ways, Astafirullah.

Sorry for so many questions :)

:wasalam:

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum,

I found this online and its some what like a book its called[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]

FATAWA ON MISCELLANIOUS MATTERS

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]
V. BANKRUPTCY

[/FONT]
SUBJECT: Bankruptcy
Date: 4/10/2001
Name of Questioner Majid Gender Male Age 31-45
Education Graduate Date Submitted 4/6/2001 Email
country of Origin Iraq User Ref. No. ZJUUPT country of Res. USA
Question:
Nine years ago I claimed bankruptcy through U. S. Court which is allowed for their citizens under their constitution. My attention was to help my family member in Iraq with their situation. It was difficult to repay all the creditors especially when they start calling and sending letters. My situation was unbearable to go through. The court granted me the dismissal with only one creditor which I had paid to settle the case. Others did not ask for recollection and forgave my debts. What is your suggestion since this case has been closed and I asked Allah (sw) to forgive me for my error? Thank You..

My Answer:
Dear Br. Majid
Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.
Al Hamdu li Allah wa al Salatu wa al Salam ala Rasuli Allah.

If you claim of bankruptcy was false or unsubstantiated with factual evidence, it is an act of Shain (shame) and you must repent and pay back every creditor you deceived. If you were factually under financial stress and you gave priority to fulfilling your responsibility to hungry mouths for whose sustenance you are responsible, you must not feel any wrong doing and whatever judgment you got from the court is fine and good.
Wa Allahu A'lam
Wassalam
Sincerely,
Dr. Monzer Kahf
-------------------------------
SUBJECT: declaring bankruptcy
Sent: September 25, 2002
Name of Questioner m z Gender Male Age 31-45
Education Graduate Date Submitted 9/7/2002 Email
country of Origin Canada User Ref. No. 1CJKS7 country of Residence
Question
Assalamu Alaikum. I have benefited from your Fatwas and advice. It is a very useful service, please continue and Allah give you barakat in the effort. My question is about some loans one my credit cards. I have borrowed some money on my credit cards in USA. I do not live in USA any more. I want to be able to settle this situation with my creditors, so I won't be held responsible on the Day of Judgment. My creditors have transferred the loans to collection agencies. These agencies are offering me to settle by paying certain percentage of the total debt. I also have a choice of declaring bankruptcy and settle the matter. I am inclined to either make some arrangement to pay as much as i
can afford or declare complete bankruptcy. My intention is to fulfill my responsibility according to the law of Allah. My financial situation is not strong. My question is following. What is my option according to the Shari’ah. Should I make an arrangement with the creditors, or should i declare bankruptcy or should I pay the full amount. It is
important to note that all three options are legal according to the laws of the country, where i used to live (USA). I am inclined on declaring bankruptcy. Please advice me, since i am worried about the consequences of appearing at the Day of Judgment with a debt on me. Jazzakallah
My Answer:
Bismi Allah al Rahman al Rahim
Al Hamdu li Allah Rabb al 'Alamin
wa al Salatu wa al Salamu 'ala Sayyidina Muhammad wa 'Ala 'Alihi wa Ashabihi Ajma'in
Dear Br.
m z

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.
Declaring bankruptcy that allows you to get away with no payment at all at a time you can settle and pay part of the debt is not permissible in Shari'ah it amounts to a fraud. Settling with the creditors or their collection agents on paying any amount up to the principals of the loans, i.e., without accumulated interest, is certainly permissible if you can afford that much. Certainly the principal is due on you in this life or in the Life after, regardless of the religion, ethnicity or citizenship of the creditor, and if you can reasonably pay it you MUST. Otherwise settling on any amount you can afford is the second permissible option. Bankruptcy can only be declared if you are really bankrupt in the sense that you cannot pay your debts and have food on the table to survive at the same time.
Wa Allahu A'lam
Wa Alhamdu li Allah Rabbi al 'Alamin
Wassalam
Sincerely,
Dr. Monzer Kahf
-----------------------

salam,
[/FONT]

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Assalamoalaikum.
Mashaallah! Most of you've given detail about what they heard in friday khutbah..
today it was just about fornication. And its effects in society and the role of shaitaan when it comes to leading ummah to chaos.
1. When two non mehrams of opposite sex are around or a bit close where they can initiate a little chat or something. There's always a third person . I.e. Shaitaan.
2. These days we are so busy importing the ideology of kuffars and trying to make a compromise into the religion(which is strictly forbidden)
3. Watching tv soaps and applying the kuffars ideas in your day to day life..(corrupting one's mind)
4. Believing in so called western 'love' Astagfirullah.. And committing adultery (extra marital affairs, fornication)
It was a short one and more or less over the same topic..
Very good thread indeed brother.
Jazakallah khair..

a_brother

Make dua for us all

this friday, the imam continued the lecture on the day of judgement

having a sun is a blessing for us... imagine days without a sun and always dark!!! AlhamduliLah for sun

prophet Ibrahim(AS) told the king at that time to raise the sun from the west instead of the east if you are a true God (the king claimed that he is God)??? the kufar were surprised

Imam talked about the sun because one of the big signs is the sun would come up from the west instead of the east... at that point, people would try to repent, but their repentance will not be accepted, too late at that time... another creation would come out of Saudi arabia (I believe Makka) and would start putting on peoples face a muslim or non-muslim...

here is an ebook of "THE SIGNS BEFORE THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT"
http://abdurrahman.org/finaljourney/signsibntaimiyyah.pdf

"The Prophet (sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said, 'Hasten to do good
deeds before six things happen: the rising of the sun from the West, the
smoke, the Dajjaal, the beast, the (death) of one of you, or general
tribulation.' "
[Ahmad, Muslim] [2]

come on brothers and sisters share what you learned :)