Isolated tribe spotted in Brazil... from BBC America....

cmelbouzaidi

Subhan Allah

Isolated tribe spotted in Brazil

One of South America's few remaining uncontacted indigenous tribes has been spotted and photographed on the border between Brazil and Peru.

The Brazilian government says it took the images to prove the tribe exists and help protect its land.

The pictures, taken from an aeroplane, show red-painted tribe members brandishing bows and arrows.

More than half the world's 100 uncontacted tribes live in Brazil or Peru, Survival International says.

Stephen Corry, the director of the group - which supports tribal people around the world - said such tribes would "soon be made extinct" if their land was not protected.

'Monumental crime'

Survival International says that although this particular group is increasing in number, others in the area are at risk from illegal logging.

What do the pictures tell us?
In pictures: Brazil tribe

The photos were taken during several flights over one of the most remote parts of the Amazon rainforest in Brazil's Acre region.

They show tribe members outside thatched huts, surrounded by the dense jungle, pointing bows and arrows up at the camera.

"We did the overflight to show their houses, to show they are there, to show they exist," the group quoted Jose Carlos dos Reis Meirelles Junior, an official in the Brazilian government's Indian affairs department, as saying.

"This is very important because there are some who doubt their existence."

He described the threats to such tribes and their land as "a monumental crime against the natural world" and "further testimony to the complete irrationality with which we, the 'civilised' ones, treat the world".

Disease is also a risk, as members of tribal groups that have been contacted in the past have died of illnesses that they have no defence against, ranging from chicken pox to the common cold.

abu'muhammad

:salam2: sister

good information,

well... now Brazil government should take of those and give them a national identity. now it should merge /rehabilate in brazilian civilised areas, lets see what they doooo.:)

Salaam,

Jazakallah for sharing.

It's incredible to see the roots of civilization and be amazed to see hunter-gatherers (who use bows & arrows) in such a 'modern and dynamic' world. Sometimes we are so naive and satisfied with our own complacency that we forget or are ignorant about how diverse our world is.

Here is one more pic I found:

isolated_riverbank_medium.jpg

cmelbouzaidi

Assalamu alaikom,

Jazak Allahu Khair, D. Ahmed, I was unable to paste in the pics myself. When I saw it on the news this morning, the poor tribesmen looked petrified by the airplane overhead which was shooting the photography and as you can see in the pics, they are pointing their bows and arrows straight at it!!

What is happening to the rainforest of Latin America is another example of human greed and disrespect for inhabitants, humans and animals alike.

Also, and excuse me as I am a revert and am still quite ignorant about a lot of stuff. When I see things like this, it makes me think that it won't be long before some Christian missionaries descend on the area and convert the tribe to Christianity. I must be honest and say that does not sit with me very well as I think I battle internally with very liberal views on many issues and part of me says the tribe should be left alone to preserve their culture. However, could anyone provide a good Islamic view on this kind of thing.... what is our role in going to remote areas that have never heard of Islam? Sorry if I am very frank, I hope I do not offend anyone. I am only active in dawa to local Floridians and friends who, of course, have heard something about Islam. Many thanks for any wisdom shed on this matter :)

Wassalam

If a person has never heard of Islam

Salaam,

Allah is the most just. It is inconceivable to perceive of anyone acting with more beneficence than Allah. Allah is the most just and in the Quran He said: "We will not punish without sending someone to warn you". The "We" here is the majestic we used in Arabic. So if a person never heard about Islam, and was never warned clearly, Allah would have a special test for that person that He knows is equal to the chance that person would have had on earth.

Source

Do not argue with the people of the scripture (Jews, Christians, and Muslims) except in the nicest possible manner - unless they transgress - and say, "We believe in what was revealed to us and in what was revealed to you, and our god and your god is one and the same; to Him we are submitters."
(29:46)

"Surely those who have faith (in Islam) and the Jews and the Christians and the Sabaeans - whoever believes in God and the Last Day - their reward is with their Lord and they will neither fear nor grieve"
(2:62 and 5:69)

And Allah Knows Best

cmelbouzaidi

Assalamu alaikom

Jazak Allahu Khair TheHumbleWun.... this makes perfect sense :) I received a pamphlet a couple of weeks ago that said that some American Cherokee Indians had been Muslim (they even showed a very old photo of one with a turban on) but I am not sure of the legitimacy of this information :)

I guess I have a problem with Christian missionaries going to very poor places and the people not getting any resources from them in terms of food or medicine unless they accept Christianity.

I would like to know more about Islamic dawa as I think it is handled in quite a different manner..... And also, it appears to me that Jews do little in the way of dawa but that is just an uneducated observation :)

Wassalam

cmelbouzaidi

Assalamu alaikom

Jazak Allahu Khair TheHumbleWun.... this makes perfect sense :) I received a pamphlet a couple of weeks ago that said that some American Cherokee Indians had been Muslim (they even showed a very old photo of one with a turban on) but I am not sure of the legitimacy of this information :)

I guess I have a problem with Christian missionaries going to very poor places and the people not getting any resources from them in terms of food or medicine unless they accept Christianity.

I would like to know more about Islamic dawa as I think it is handled in quite a different manner..... And also, it appears to me that Jews do little in the way of dawa but that is just an uneducated observation :)

Wassalam

ShyHijabi

And also, it appears to me that Jews do little in the way of dawa but that is just an uneducated observation

Salaam,

Jews don't belive in dawa, most believe you are either born a Jew or you aren't. Some of the more liberal sects have begun accepting converts but the orthodox Jews do not recognize these folks as "real" Jews. Also there is no command in the Torah to spread the word.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

A Kashmiri

:SMILY71:
I think we are more scary than them, they live peacefully ,they dont want to know us or how we live and i believe they dont have time for these things too as they cant live a lazy life like ours, they have to go for hunting for days. However we are lazy and have free time and we want to poke our noses in others life.( It is a crazy stuff I had written ).:laughing-dancing::laughing-dancing::laughing-dancing::SMILY27::SMILY27:

I think Bush should be sent alone and on foot to get some lessons from these people i am sure he will learn a lot from these people.

Masallama

Khalil2u

Beautiful

I think its so beautiful that there are humans left untouched by the secular world. The question is when will the secular society invade them for their land? When will someone come along and decide the way they live is unacceptable and ruin it? Inshallah that won't happen.:hijabi:

Shahzad

thats interesting. we shud try contacting them and islam must reach there before any other religion.

Its always good to meet new types pf ppl :)