Reverts & companions :some similarities

amjaddamen

brother

Since I joined TTI I've come across some stories of difficulties of our reverts brothers and sisters , so I herby introduce this touching story implying that reverts are facing some of what sahabah faced . may allah bless you all.

Imam Ahmad recorded that Jubayr bin Nufayr said:
"We sat with Al-Miqdad bin Al-Aswad one day, and a man passed by and said, "How blessed are these two eyes which saw the Messenger of Allah ! Would that we had seen what you saw and witnessed what you witnessed.
'' Al-Miqdad got angry, and I was surprised, because the man had not said anything but good.
Then he turned to him and said, "What makes a man wish to be present when Allah had caused him to be absent, and he does not know how he would have behaved if he had been there By Allah, there are people who saw the Messenger of Allah , and Allah will throw them on their faces in Hell because they did not accept him or believe in him. Are you not grateful that Allah brought you forth from your mothers' wombs believing in your Lord and in what your Prophet brought, and that the test went to others and not to you Allah sent His Prophet during the most difficult time that any Prophet was ever sent, after a long period of ignorance, when the people could see no better religion than the worship of idols, and he brought the Criterion which distinguishes truth from falsehood and which would separate a father from his son. A man would realize that his father, son or brother was a disbeliever, and since Allah had opened his heart to Faith, he knew that if his relative died he would go to Hell, so he could not rest knowing that his loved one was in the Fire.

abu'muhammad

Since I joined TTI I've come across some stories of difficulties of our reverts brothers and sisters , so I herby introduce this touching story implying that reverts are facing some of what sahabah faced . may allah bless you all.

Imam Ahmad recorded that Jubayr bin Nufayr said:
"We sat with Al-Miqdad bin Al-Aswad one day, and a man passed by and said, "How blessed are these two eyes which saw the Messenger of Allah ! Would that we had seen what you saw and witnessed what you witnessed.
'' Al-Miqdad got angry, and I was surprised, because the man had not said anything but good.
Then he turned to him and said, "What makes a man wish to be present when Allah had caused him to be absent, and he does not know how he would have behaved if he had been there By Allah, there are people who saw the Messenger of Allah , and Allah will throw them on their faces in Hell because they did not accept him or believe in him. Are you not grateful that Allah brought you forth from your mothers' wombs believing in your Lord and in what your Prophet brought, and that the test went to others and not to you Allah sent His Prophet during the most difficult time that any Prophet was ever sent, after a long period of ignorance, when the people could see no better religion than the worship of idols, and he brought the Criterion which distinguishes truth from falsehood and which would separate a father from his son. A man would realize that his father, son or brother was a disbeliever, and since Allah had opened his heart to Faith, he knew that if his relative died he would go to Hell, so he could not rest knowing that his loved one was in the Fire.
bismillahirrahmanirrahim

assalamu alaikum,

brother amjad, jazakallah for giving information.