My Convert Story

miss.modesty

:bismillah1:
Asalaamu Alykuumm, brothers and sisters,
Im new in this forum so i thought i would share my convert story,
and, if there are any sisters out there in Auckland, that would liek to be friends, or anyone women or girls interested in islam, please feel free to email me. iw ould love to make new friends, to share friendships with :) .

k, here goes;:SMILY71:

i was living with my mother, sister and little brother, when i had found a muslim bf(not practicing), and always wondered what was "islam", so i ordered a free copy at *no websites on first posts sorry!* and i ordered a free quran and info book. My mum didnt like the idea that i had a bf that she didnt know about (i lied and told her it was someone else). she wasnt very supportive of me,having a "dark skinned" bf, or ordering quran, and both my mum and sister knew i had ordered it, and was checking my phone messages(i don't get along well with my sis well, and it hurt that she did that to me, because they allways butting into my personal space, takin stuff from my room and looking into my personal diaries. :( ) about a month after, broke up with my bf. (at least i got something out of it! lol)

and was on a quest to find the meaning of life :) . so i was heart broken, depressed, and angry at my family.

despite i had tried paganism, christianity, and "spiritual healing/clarvoyance" type stuff, but it just didnt do it for me. my mum was always into the whole spiritual healing thingy, and brought us up as neautral darwanists/atheists.

anyways, i moved closer to auckand(the shore,Nz), and was convinced that i hated my family. they were making my personal decisions for me and was telling me what to do in every little part of my life. the other thing i disliked about them, was that they also listened in on my phone calls, so i felt like i was in a jail sell with 500 locks on the doors and a security alarm and camera.

but im glad i moved there. i had more experience becoming independant, and by that time, i had my own job, study and was learning how to cook for myself :D .

i stayed there with an Asian family for 4 months...

Things got pretty hectic with work and study, and i was finding it difficult to live a healthy life.. so i lost 2 dress sizes in 3 months.. wasnt eating well.. and always felt hungry..

thats why im glad my muslim friend was there, even though it is forbidden in islam, he took care of me well, for the times i was deeply depressed with taking drugs, alcohol, prozac and all kinds of medications with pain killers, i just dont know where i would be without him now.

i moved out and into another flat, which was just me and 3 other guys flatting there. it was then, that i learnt the values of growning up, i had had my 18th birthday pass me, and i had finaly gotten over my urge to drink alcohl and smoke drugs. :D . (that was my biggest problem in life, because i had become hooked after 3 consecutuve years of on and off smoking.)

my muslim bf and i wanted to see his parents because i didnt want him to lie to them anymore about us being together, so we meet his parents, and they where kinda shocked.. i got upset that night.. but then my bf said that his parents supported him.

so, on hearing that news, i started to read Quran again, because i was soo happy that i was going to see muslim family, i thought i should study. it took me one week, and i was sure ready to say my shahada (and not feel pressured to stay non-muslim again).

after i said it, i was very releived. i started to eat halal and dress modestly. i enjoyed the first time i went into Almadina shop and bought my first scarf! :D . it wa ssoo exighting., the following week, we saw sheiks parents again.. at the supermarket where we were at.. lol. they saw us and saw me dressed as muslima, and was very happy, and surprized :) .:shymuslima1:

then i started living with a Indonesian Muslim family, along the way, i had met many good Muslimas and friends :) . although Indonesian sisters were very strict with me having a muslim bf, they pressured me a little. lol. but then my best friend, Anisa came to help me with decisions on ika (the lady from Almadina shop). and without further redue, we moved in and got married :). we stayed with his parents for a month so i could get use to the surroundings of his culture, religion, and language.

now im mrs Farhaaz , and im glad i converted, because thee was allot of stress and neglect from my mother and sister, but i managed to push away and stand for what i beleived in.:SMILY252:

i now see my mum and sis every second week, and, Alhumdollillah, my sister reads Quran :) and looks upto me as a younger sis! she is not a convert, but i make dua for her that she stays strong and that Allah guides her, and the rest of my family, and all my sisters and brothers in islam that i have yet to meet. :D

:tti_sister::salah:

so please, if you are a sister, or new to this website, please feel free to email me! i would love to make new friends!

*no personal information on public forum*

OsMaN_93

Here to help
mashallah sis'
love da story i enjoyed reading lool

may Allah giude us all ..

jazak Allah 4 sharing

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Waalaikumsalam Sis,

MashaAllah....
Welcome to the Family!!!
InshaAllah, you'll learn a lot here.
Enjoy your stay!!!

P.S: PM me anytime Sis. :)

habib786

Welcome to TTI brother... thanks for sharing..... May Allah have mercy on u and guide you in the right path ...

zarah

Islam
Staff member
:salam2:

Welcome to the website,hope you benefit from this site.

:wasalam:

:bismillah1:
Asalaamu Alykuumm, brothers and sisters,
Im new in this forum so i thought i would share my convert story,
and, if there are any sisters out there in Auckland, that would liek to be friends, or anyone women or girls interested in islam, please feel free to email me. iw ould love to make new friends, to share friendships with :) .

k, here goes;:SMILY71:

i was living with my mother, sister and little brother, when i had found a muslim bf(not practicing), and always wondered what was "islam", so i ordered a free copy at *no websites on first posts sorry!* and i ordered a free quran and info book. My mum didnt like the idea that i had a bf that she didnt know about (i lied and told her it was someone else). she wasnt very supportive of me,having a "dark skinned" bf, or ordering quran, and both my mum and sister knew i had ordered it, and was checking my phone messages(i don't get along well with my sis well, and it hurt that she did that to me, because they allways butting into my personal space, takin stuff from my room and looking into my personal diaries. :( ) about a month after, broke up with my bf. (at least i got something out of it! lol)

and was on a quest to find the meaning of life :) . so i was heart broken, depressed, and angry at my family.

despite i had tried paganism, christianity, and "spiritual healing/clarvoyance" type stuff, but it just didnt do it for me. my mum was always into the whole spiritual healing thingy, and brought us up as neautral darwanists/atheists.

anyways, i moved closer to auckand(the shore,Nz), and was convinced that i hated my family. they were making my personal decisions for me and was telling me what to do in every little part of my life. the other thing i disliked about them, was that they also listened in on my phone calls, so i felt like i was in a jail sell with 500 locks on the doors and a security alarm and camera.

but im glad i moved there. i had more experience becoming independant, and by that time, i had my own job, study and was learning how to cook for myself :D .

i stayed there with an Asian family for 4 months...

Things got pretty hectic with work and study, and i was finding it difficult to live a healthy life.. so i lost 2 dress sizes in 3 months.. wasnt eating well.. and always felt hungry..

thats why im glad my muslim friend was there, even though it is forbidden in islam, he took care of me well, for the times i was deeply depressed with taking drugs, alcohol, prozac and all kinds of medications with pain killers, i just dont know where i would be without him now.

i moved out and into another flat, which was just me and 3 other guys flatting there. it was then, that i learnt the values of growning up, i had had my 18th birthday pass me, and i had finaly gotten over my urge to drink alcohl and smoke drugs. :D . (that was my biggest problem in life, because i had become hooked after 3 consecutuve years of on and off smoking.)

my muslim bf and i wanted to see his parents because i didnt want him to lie to them anymore about us being together, so we meet his parents, and they where kinda shocked.. i got upset that night.. but then my bf said that his parents supported him.

so, on hearing that news, i started to read Quran again, because i was soo happy that i was going to see muslim family, i thought i should study. it took me one week, and i was sure ready to say my shahada (and not feel pressured to stay non-muslim again).

after i said it, i was very releived. i started to eat halal and dress modestly. i enjoyed the first time i went into Almadina shop and bought my first scarf! :D . it wa ssoo exighting., the following week, we saw sheiks parents again.. at the supermarket where we were at.. lol. they saw us and saw me dressed as muslima, and was very happy, and surprized :) .:shymuslima1:

then i started living with a Indonesian Muslim family, along the way, i had met many good Muslimas and friends :) . although Indonesian sisters were very strict with me having a muslim bf, they pressured me a little. lol. but then my best friend, Anisa came to help me with decisions on ika (the lady from Almadina shop). and without further redue, we moved in and got married :). we stayed with his parents for a month so i could get use to the surroundings of his culture, religion, and language.

now im mrs Farhaaz , and im glad i converted, because thee was allot of stress and neglect from my mother and sister, but i managed to push away and stand for what i beleived in.:SMILY252:

i now see my mum and sis every second week, and, Alhumdollillah, my sister reads Quran :) and looks upto me as a younger sis! she is not a convert, but i make dua for her that she stays strong and that Allah guides her, and the rest of my family, and all my sisters and brothers in islam that i have yet to meet. :D

:tti_sister::salah:

so please, if you are a sister, or new to this website, please feel free to email me! i would love to make new friends!

*no personal information on public forum*

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu sister

Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar.....Welcome to the family of Muslims.
May Allah Subhanahu wa Taala bless you and your family and guide you in the path of Righteousness in this world and in the Hereafter.

wa/salam