Converting

Justice

Myself and English protestant, I find it hard to watch video's of my people turning to islam. I watched a documentry of kid's in bradford who claimed they were muslim.

Stealing our kids right from under our noses. If I took a muslim child and made them believe islam was lie, the muslim community would go crazy!

You may think i'm being racist here i'm really not, I respect your religion, but locally when my town puts up christmas decorations, the council ask us to call them seasonal decorations because they have received complaints, it's just beyond a joke.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi there, firstly nobody is going out and looking to "Steal" any child or person.

That video just shows children who wanted to go to the mosque, and enjoyed going there. THats all. Nobody told them to do what they do. . They happened to go to the mosque and its where they like to spend their time. There is nothing wrong with them wanting to go to the Mosque. Its not exactly "stealing" kids. And nobody is telling them what they believe is a lie.

THey're children and like 1000s of other kids in the UK they just do what they like to do. They go to the mosque to learn to read and write and obviously, if that mosque was a scary place, then they wouldnt want to go.

As for Christmas Decorations, i dont see what that has to do with Muslims in your area. If anything, it is non-Muslim councillors trying to be politically correct. In the end, they just make things worse. When they do those things it just gives more fuel to the racist / BNP types

PC renaming of Christmas lights 'an error'

Its strange because Christmas is celebrated openly with all the festive decorations in various countries with Muslim / Christian populations. Such as Lebanon etc. The Christians do their celebrations.

There is no reason for Muslims to complain about the celebrations particularly in the Western non Muslim countries.- Muslims believe and Love Jesus (peace and blessing be upon him) and he is a respected Prophet. Although we do not believe Jesus was a God or worship him.

3assal

Justice said:
Myself and English protestant, I find it hard to watch video's of my people turning to islam. I watched a documentry of kid's in bradford who claimed they were muslim.

Stealing our kids right from under our noses. If I took a muslim child and made them believe islam was lie, the muslim community would go crazy!

You may think i'm being racist here i'm really not, I respect your religion, but locally when my town puts up christmas decorations, the council ask us to call them seasonal decorations because they have received complaints, it's just beyond a joke.

I noticed you mentioned someone is stealing your kids from right under your noses! who is??? Call the police ASAP!

No seriously, no one is stealing nobody's children. If a child is curious and wishes to learn about Islam, and in the process decides to convert, that is their choice. No one is making them do anything. Maybe you should try to learn about Islam yourself and see why many adults as well as children are converting....

take care!

3assal:bananabb2in:

smikoq

May Allah Guide you to the right fiath

Hi there,
Inshallah Allah will guide you to the right faith. Allah (swt) guide those who truly looking for guidance. I would say to you, study about Islam with open heart I am sure you will get guidance from God (Allah)

B.H.

I watched the video and do not think the kids were being "sloen" in anyway.

It looked to me like they had their mother's permission to go, not that that really mattters---serving Allah comes first regardless of what the mother thinks. However, for the sake of accuracy it does appear the mother had no problems and saw what happiness going to mospque brought the kids, which is another important observation. the kids wanted to go and of their own free will. Whatever those brothers and sisters were doing, they must have been doing it right because I know of very few children that given the option would go to church on their own. those children were forming and developing their own faith and love of Allah and not being forced fed religion.

radika

right path

First you must learn more about islam with open heart and i beleive that you excepted islam like a religion for peace and love,but Allah Almity know the best.When I saw that the biggest opponent of islam and other,axcepted islam what we can say about kids with clean hearts.May Allah guided to the right path (insallah).

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Salaam all..

Stealing kids its nonsense....i dont understand, did u not watch da video.
The kids were happy to go masjid on their own choice and their mother didnt see a problem wit it.

I agree wit smikoq if u try to study about islam even u might see the truth...
Only allah swt guides who who he wishes...

w/salaam

Abu.Amirah

Assalamu aleikum,

Islam is beautiful,Islam does not teach Killing the innocent nor does it steal children from the parents.Islam is open for anyone young or adult and its clear and straight forward.What the child learnt made him realise the truth and he has the right to choose what he wants in his/her life and inshallah may Allah guide him and those like him to the right way of the truth.
One question you should ask is why did that young fellow accept to be a muslim? Like the other says maybe you should try and learn about islam and then you decide.
We live in a christian country too and we dont have any problems with anyone,we celebrate our Eid and christians celebrate their christmas without a fight. So maybe it depends on how you celebrate yours.There must be a reason for a complaint so try to find out why.

Abdallah

38khadj

:salam2: Brother
Brother I would choose your wording more carefully !
Alot of us english reverts might find your response ofensive.
It dosnt matter what colour you are Allah made us all different in many ways colour, looks and so on. It to my knowledge has never been stated that to be a muslim you must be of any certain colour.

To the person that oringanally is worried that english children are maybe forced into Islam is very narrow minded.
To my knowledge we have freedom of choice, these children choose to come to Islam, they are been guided that way by the creator, you have to accept that nobody forces anybody. Again certain religions are not for certain colours and you are been very narrow minded about this.
I am a revert, english, white and certainly wasnt forced into any religion. I had a choice and I chose Islam Praise be to Allah, and since been a muslim my life has gone better and better Allhamdolilla. My son at the time of me accepting islam was 8 years old and he eventually accepted Islam when he was 10 years old by no force it was his choice to be muslim Islam is certainly not about force or oppresion please bear this in mind when you think we are stealing your english children!
Choice.......

:wasalam:

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum,

I am a new user,I just wanted to point out to "Justice"

"Stealing our kids right from under our noses" is a joke,kids come with their own will!

"I find it hard to watch video's of my people turning to islam"

I think you should rephrase the sentence above.

I don`t know why do find it so difficult to watch people coming to right path! May Allah(Swt) guide you to the right path.

Walaikum Salam

Karima

I can understand why you feel this way> For you to see this site is good that you can write what you feel>
There is one common thread about Islam that got my attention> and this is the angel Gabriel who came to Daniel in the lions den and to Mary to tell her of her having a baby< then the angel Gabriel was also sent to another man< Muhammad>>>so I began to take a look into this with an open mind>
I came from a Christian background grounded in the bible>

I have a post< that might be able to show you where I came from> to where I am now>>>

quailey

salam..

salam there!!!
What can i say?...
Try to know the reason why this people are converting to islam..
Maybe you would realize that this people made the right decession..

oceane

Salam aleikoum,

there's a french proverb that says " truth only comes out from kids' mouth". I found the word "stealing" very hard, because as you noticed, no one forced those kids to turn to islam. You might know, as a verse in the Quran states it : " THERE IS NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION ".

We as muslims respect your religion, and it's nice to hear you do respect ours. But if i may ask, do you at least know what islam is ?

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. There surely might be a reason for all these people making the choice to be muslims.

Anyway , thank you for your comment, and feel free to ask any question you got, about islam.

Peace be upon you, and may our Lord guide us all, amen

Sallam eveyone,
I would just like to say that I found the comment which "justice" made about the young girl wanting to convert quite worrying. The allegation that Islam is "Stealing our kids right from under our noses" is completely unfounded because it goes on the premise that just because the girl was born in England and of light skin colouring, she's meant to be Protestant/Christian!
I find it hard to believe that this comment has even come from a Person of The Book, because although Christians, Jews and Muslims differ on some of our beliefs, we all recognise that we must respect one another. I think it may just be somebody trying to stir up tension between People of the Book which is very upsetting, more so than the crazy idea that the girl in the video was not willingly embracing Islam and the strikingly evident sense of happiness and excitement it brought to her life.
I myself was, or thought I was, Protestant for many years of my life but realised that much of what I had learnt from Protestantism - such as individual responsibility for sin, God and the Day of Judgement- was part of Islam too - except Islam is more straightfoward and less confused. So I would suggest that if you really are Protestant "Justice" that you put your hostile views aside and take a while to understand Islam and the Truth it holds - It will change your life for the better I'm sure of it and will definantly take away some of the anger you seem to harbour. May God Guide you to the Right Path :)

Karima

Wasallam,
Thank you for your simple words of clearity....I was also brought up on the book....and found it disheartening to go to church and see people take God so lightly in worship....no one needs loud music, nor a shouting preacher or priest, or force to sings songs to worship the one God. No wonder people are flocking from a religion that practices anything other than reverance of God. The book tried to tell it....but got lost in the translations....the torah tried to tell it....and also was not enough for God to reach all of us, and now we have the Qur'an. It's about time we finally do what God intended in the first place... to WORSHIP only HIM.....Alhamdulillah for God to open my eyes to Islam. Bless all of you wherever you are on your journey with God....Allah....in Arabic words. The same God of Abraham....of Jesus....of Muhammad....for us.

lost

On the subject of 'stealing our children' I think I can understand why you would feel that way. But I don't think it is a justifiable feeling.
I'd think that any parent would want nothing more than to make their children happy (I'm in no experience to say that, but it is what I have heard), but I think that part of accomplishing that is allowing them the freedom to explore and believe and learn for themselves, and the things that they want to.
Maybe I am only speaking for myself, and maybe I know nothing. But I can only hope that one day my own parents will realize this. So that I do not have to pretend to be who they want me to be. And so that I dont have to be afraid to be who I am, dont have to hide. I think that one thing a girl my age, or any one for that matter, wants very much is to be loved for who and what she(he) really is. That's all. Not for any surperficial figure that has been created for us to please everyone else.
So you can say that your children are being stolen, but it isn't true. Dont assume that those children were being forced to believe anything other than what they wanted to. You saw how sad she got after she was stripped of those freedoms, and then how excited she was when they were given back.
Dare I say, what happened to the golden rule? If in their shoes, I'm sure you would want to be free to believe as you want.

Anyways, just my thoughts. Hope they are not offensive to anyone..if so, I am very sorry.

west

I am afraid that no-one can be forced into Islam. Thus there is the Shahadah, words which only you as the person embracing Islam can utter.
Christmas decorations - what utter rubbish that people should complain about it if it does not pertain to their faith. People should respect each others faiths and traditions. Besides, you are assuming that it had been Muslims who had complained.

Why are you upset in the first place? Is it because its children who are embracing Islam or are you upset because so many "white" people are embracing Islam?

I was born and reared in the Christian faith, but thankfully my parents always taught us that no matter what faith we follow, we all worship the same God. Are you upset because these children will be woeshipping God in a different way to how you do? By the way, Allah is Arabic for God

seekingtruth2

I just had to post on this issue...today is the first day I have even seen this or I would have posted on this sooner. What you say is an out and out lie....chrisitans EVERYDAY try to convert muslim children to chrisitanity....so you cannot say this.....some even go door to door trying to get people to believe your way is right. I have never once seen a muslim come up to me in the street or the mall trying to get me to revert to Islam...but I have seen many a chrisitan do this......when children come up to other children asking about their faith all they do is tell them...NO MUSLIM tries to pull someone away from their fathers faith. However, I am right now dealing with 2 teenage children who reverted to Islam after hearing about it on the internet. Muslims do have educational web sites up to teach people about the truth of our faith in light of current world events and media slander. This is how most people revert to Islam..is through educational web sites... Allah swt puts it in the hearts of some to learn more about Islam despite what is said about it in the media and they end up coming to Allah and Islam.. alhumdullilah! All praise be to God! So you cannot feel truly in your heart that these things you say even resemble truth! This is all I have to say on the matter and please forgive me for sounding offensive in any way but your thought process is simply not understandable! Im sure you've dealt with Jehovas witnesses or baptists or numerous other sects of christians trying to tell you about jesus... and they are even more persistant with the young! So please open your heart and your eyes and see what goes on around you before judge others!
salaam