A Brief History Of Hadith Collection And Criticism Refuted

A Brief History Of Hadith Collection And Criticism a Lecture by Dr. Jonathan A Brown a hadith scholar from University of Washington

"I have never been more impressed with anybody in history in my life than with Muslim hadith scholars. I mean, when I first started studying hadith I was very skeptical, I though it was all made-up and bogus but the more you study it the more you just appreciate the intense brain power of these people."

[yt]XulKyLhS694[/yt]

justoneofmillion

:salam2:nice vid thanks for sharing

:salam2:

jameel
===========================================================

"We must put an end to anything which brings about any Islamic unity between the sons of the Muslims. As we have already succeeded in finishing off the Khilafah, so we must ensure that there will never arise again unity for the Muslims, whether it be intellectual or cultural unity"
The British Foreign Minister addressing the British Prime Minister shortly before World War II.

"The situation now is that Turkey is dead and will never rise again, because we have destroyed it's moral strength, the Khilafah and Islam" Lord Curzon, British Foreign Minister, infront of the House of Commons after the Lausanne Treaty of July 24th 1924

OsMaN_93

Here to help
mashallah jazak Allah khairan,
im off to bed now,(havn't seen it) but i commented so i can open the page faster tommorow inshallah,
wassalam alikom

pcozzy

I like this lecture, is the Dr. Brown a muslim? The way he speaks as if he is.
As far as hadith; if you love the prophet, peace be upon him, you try to follow his example and advice. It is better to learn from scholars what a particular hadith implies because there are literal and figurative sayings. And by no means would any god fearing person, especially the companions who were close would lie or make things up.
Your best source is from Allah where you can ask him as much as you want to guide you to the straight path.In fact you do many times in reciting surah fatiha.

may Allah guide us all. jazakAllahkhairan.

I like this lecture, is the Dr. Brown a muslim? The way he speaks as if he is.
As far as hadith; if you love the prophet, peace be upon him, you try to follow his example and advice. It is better to learn from scholars what a particular hadith implies because there are literal and figurative sayings. And by no means would any god fearing person, especially the companions who were close would lie or make things up.
Your best source is from Allah where you can ask him as much as you want to guide you to the straight path.In fact you do many times in reciting surah fatiha.

may Allah guide us all. jazakAllahkhairan.

salaam yeah he is Sunni (Hanbali) :mashallah:

shaikhali

the lecture by dr brown on hadith

salaams to all

although this dr brown knows alot about hadith the way he explains is very degrading and for your iman he is the wrong person to learn from.he is also very insulting to the sahaba may Allah be pleased with all of them. he says you can still take hadith from a sahaba even if he was a drunkard or someone who commits zina. yes in the history of islam some sahaba did commit these sins but Allah forgave them so to use this expression is very wrong cause he keeps on insisting kind of trying to tell you something indirectly kind of playing around with your subconcious mind.

abdul-aziz

bump

he is not insulting, ^

just you didn't understand what he was trying to say or you have not learned Islamic history well enough. ( no offense intended )

:wasalam: