salat

Abu.Amirah

Assalamu aleikum,

Please could anyone advice or help me understand if its allowed for us to pray in between the pillars in the mosque ?

Jazakallahu kheir!!

happy 2 b muslim

why not? i havent heard a thing like this but dont i really dont know i just havent heard of this being haram before or dislike maybe...

salam alaykum

Abu.Amirah

Here in our mosque there is a conflict between muslims as some says its not allowed to pray in between pillars unless during the time where there is a need for it like on friday prayers or eid prayers,while others dont agree on it.Well they even produced a hadith which i didnt get to write it,which says its not allowed to pray in btw pillars. so if there is a hadith of any kinda anyone knows about this issue it will help to sort things out. Its not good to see muslims differentiate!!

Jazakallahu kheir!!

Imran_00

Descendent of Aadam
Assalamu aleikum,

Please could anyone advice or help me understand if its allowed for us to pray in between the pillars in the mosque ?

Jazakallahu kheir!!

walaikum assalaam

Brother

it will be easy for Brothers and sister here if you get the hadith they quoted . because sometimes some people Qoute hadits or Quran verses and they dont appear in there (False argument) . just to prove thier Argument. try and get the Hadith and then inshallah these problems can be sorted out.

Salaam allaikum

Abu.Amirah

:salam2: :SMILY346:

Annas(r.a) said that during the prophet’s (s.a.w) time they used to avoid praying between pillars. (At-Tirmithi 229)

This is the hadith.

maryam2k7

maryam
Assalamu aleikum,

Jazakallahu kheir!!

salaam

ii Am Pretti Sure Yu Cn, @ Da Moment ii Am Readin A Book Called The Prophets Prayer Bii Shaikh Muhammad Naasir-Ud-Deen Al-Albaani, So ii Am Pretty Sure Yu Cn

Globalpeace

Banned
Answer to Praying Between Pillars!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA):

Question: (What is) the ruling of (performing) the prayer between the pillars?

Response: The (performance of the) prayer between the pillars is permissible when there is lack of space. As for when there is plenty (of space), then one should not pray between the pillars because that splits the (continuity of the) rows.

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen
Majmoo' Fataawa wa Rasaa.il Muhammad ibn Saalih al-'Uthaymeen - Volume 13, Fatwa No.391

Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA):

Question: Is it permissible to break the row in the congregational prayer with the masjid's pillars, if it is full of worshippers?

Response: There is no doubt that it is preferable that the rows be tightly formed, (the worshippers) standing next to each other, not far apart; and this is from the Sunnah.

The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) ordered (the Companions) to form up tightly and to close up the gaps. And the Companions (radhi-yallaahu 'anhum) used to avoid the rows between the pillars, because doing so caused some of the ranks to be separated from others. But if there is a need for it, as in the question, due to the masjid being crowded with worshippers, then there is no objection in such a situation for them to form rows between the pillars, because exceptional circumstances are governed by special rulings, and necessity and need also have special rulings.

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen
Fataawa Islaamiyyah - Volume 1, Page 303

Shaykh Ahmed Jibril:

Question: In our masjid, there is a minbar somewhere in the middle of the first row, behind the imam. During regular prayers, we pray one row behind the minbar, this way the first row does not get disconnected. But during Jumua's and Taraweeh, we move all the way up to the minbar , in order to maximize the space. However, there is gap in the first row...maybe 4 feet wide because of the minbar . You have people lined up on the left side and on the right side of the minbar . So, is this wrong, and if it is, then what should we do about it? The whole purpose of moving up all the way up to the minbar is to make more space in order to accomodate more people.

Response: Jazakallahu khair for communicating with us and may Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) make your Ramadan and all your days blessed. May Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) protect you and your family from evil.

It is clearly (makrooh) to pray on the row where the minbar breaks the row when there is sufficient room in the masjid. From your description, praying on a row where the minmbar is, is like praying on a row with masjid pillars which were known to the prophet (sallah allahu alieh wasalam) and the sahabah, as they both (the minbar and masjid pillars) break the rows, the same for any construction or wood that would break the line. Therefore, what I mentioned on pillars applies to the minbar.

The sahabah avoided that. Annas (radia allahu anh) said that during the prophet’s (sallah allahu alieh wasalam) time they used to avoid praying between pillars. (At-Tirmithi 229, Nisaey 2/94, Abu Dawoud 673, Ahmad 3/131)

Mu3waieh bin Kurrah narrated that his father (radia allah anh) said, “We use to avoid praying in between masjid pillars during the time of the prophet Muhammad (sallah allahu alieh wasalam). (Narrated by Ibn Majah 1002, Ibn Khuziemah 1567, Ibn Hibban 2219.

Ibn Abbas used to say before he led his prayer, “Align your row and refrain from praying between the pillars.”

We also know that the prophet (sallah allahu alieh wasalam) prayed in between the ka3bah pillars when he went inside the ka3bah. (Saheeh AlBkuhary 2/580)

The scholars state that because the prophet (sallah allahu alieh wasalam) prayed in between the pillars, the avoidance of praying between the masjid pillars was for congregational prayers, and not when an individual is praying alone. This is because the masjid pillars or masjid minbar or other similar contruction breaks the row, whereas in an individual prayer this does not apply.

They also go on to say that praying between masjid pillars, as well as a minbar that breaks the row, only applies when there is no space in the masjid and that row(s) is/are not needed.

The Maliki fakeeh Ibn al Araby in his book “Ahkam al Qur’an” said, “There is no dispute among scholars that it is permissible to use the rows with pillars when there is need for them, and it is makrooh when there is no need for those rows for congregational prayers. As to individual prayer, it is not makrooh because the prophet (sallah allahu alieh wasalam) prayed inside the ka3bah between two pillars.

Almuhib Altabary was quoted in Fath AlBary as saying, “Scholars considered praying between masjid pillars makrooh (hated) and that is only when there is sufficient room in the masjid. The reason is either because the row gets broken by the pillars or because it was the area where the shoes were placed.”

AlQurtuby said the reason for avoidance of praying between pillars is because that is where the jinn pray.

The most authentic and popular opinion on why this is avoided is because it breaks the row.

The avoidance of praying between pillars only when there is sufficient room is also the fatwa of many contemporary scholars and among them is Sheikh Ibn Uthiemeen (rahimahu Allah)

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i don't know if i should put this question as a separate thread or not, but i do have a question. i once heard that one important reason as to why we pray lined up shoulder to shoulder is because shaytan would try to come between us and that it's also because racism would creep in. is this true? to me it makes sense. the reason for me asking this isn't because i find this hard to believe but it was due to something that i had noticed during congregational salat. i noticed some brothers only going shoulder to shoulder with people that were of their same race and they were creating gaps because they weren't standing shoulder to shoulder with members of a different race.

:wasalam:

strive-may-i

Pillars at entrance to mosque or between the halls in a mosque .... there could be more reasons right?
Its the exit path, and it should be free ...

uddim004

:salam2:

i don't know if i should put this question as a separate thread or not, but i do have a question. i once heard that one important reason as to why we pray lined up shoulder to shoulder is because shaytan would try to come between us and that it's also because racism would creep in. is this true? to me it makes sense. the reason for me asking this isn't because i find this hard to believe but it was due to something that i had noticed during congregational salat. i noticed some brothers only going shoulder to shoulder with people that were of their same race and they were creating gaps because they weren't standing shoulder to shoulder with members of a different race.

:wasalam:

:salam2:i never really noticed this in my local masjid, then again most of the muslims who come to my local masjid are bangladeshis so i wouldn't have related this to racism. its unfortunate that this is happening, may allah guide them.